nocure

Sep 7, 2017
That is, in MoR terms, far from professional. You'll need at least 65+ to take on medium mobs, and then preferably with a couple of mercenaries at your side.

You'll hit 9 out of 10 times when reaching 80, and almost all the time after 90+.

In melee combat, the opponent's Dex also works against you. You'll have a hard time hitting a melee master or cultist monk with a melee skill below 60. His dodge ability is far superior than your skill.

A ranged skill below 69 also recieves a recoil penalty from stronger weapons. Better to start with pistols or crossbows instead of a rifle/automatic rifle.

We're launching an official wiki this week that'll offer more guides an explanations on refining and equipping your character.
Yeah I was very early on in the game and the combat accuracy was frustrating. All kinds of weapons just seemed to miss whatever I did.

Perdurabo

May 4, 2017
This brings up something I'm curious about.

The Pistolier trait is +25 ranged, but says pistols/revolvers.
Rifleman is +15 ranged, but you get a starting rifle.

Does this mean that the Pistolier skill bonus /only/ works with Pistol/Revolver? Or is that flavor text?

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
i have the edited save but where do I put or how to make the game use that save?
At the bottom of the save slot selection panel is a couple of buttons, one of which is "load from disk." It will allow you to navigate to the save location and then just click on the save and Bob's Yer Uncle.

Reactions: wjrjbnjd

wjrjbnjd

Aug 6, 2016
At the bottom of the save slot selection panel is a couple of buttons, one of which is "load from disk." It will allow you to navigate to the save location and then just click on the save and Bob's Yer Uncle.
oh..I see now, thanks! (I feel stupid)

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Yeah I was very early on in the game and the combat accuracy was frustrating. All kinds of weapons just seemed to miss whatever I did.
This kind of situation can be mitigated by choosing more combat oriented traits during character creation. Keep in mind however, that you can train up basically any skill and stat given enough time and resources. It's not like you picking a class like in other games.

To be honest, even though my MC does nothing but fighting in the early game, I pick all non combat starting traits and just slog thru it. Yah, I miss a bunch of times, but just go get two mercs with rifles and you will be ok. The more you fight, your ranged skill will go up over time. Get two decent mercs, get Juno, give her a rifle, and buy Rochelle and give her a rifle. Heavy leather all the way around, and you will do ok. Rebecca has the highest starting ranged combat for the slaves, she's decent. Juno will have a low ranged, but as long as you give her heavy leather armor she will soak up hits and land a shot occasionally.

Main thing, have a full crew. Even if you suck, the mercs will carry you and the girls will help you last long enough to take down the enemy.

Last edited:
Reactions: nocure

ShinCore

May 19, 2020

Does this mean that the Pistolier skill bonus /only/ works with Pistol/Revolver? Or is that flavor text?
You know, I've been meaning to ask Grim that. I keep forgetting.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021

That trait provides a +25 chance boost if the MC equips the 9mm pistol, the Colt Peacemaker, or the HP Combat Pistol (WIP). It's calculated in the combat engine so it's not a visible increase on the Character Sheet (I should make that more obvious, though).

This means that the Sharpshooter trait + Gunslinger trait provides a +40 bonus to pistols/revolvers.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
That trait provides a +25 chance boost if the MC equips the 9mm pistol, the Colt Peacemaker, or the HP Combat Pistol (WIP). It's calculated in the combat engine so it's not a visible increase on the Character Sheet (I should make that more obvious, though).

This means that the Sharpshooter trait + Gunslinger trait provides a +40 bonus to pistols/revolvers.
hmmm... interesting. might start another game to try that out.

Reactions: GD-studios

Evergrey

Aug 7, 2016
are all the books that are shown in the learn ability list already in game?? coz im missing a few chem books and BDSM books

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
are all the books that are shown in the learn ability list already in game?? coz im missing a few chem books and BDSM books
Most of the books you can purchase from the bookstore and devious desires store, and one from the general store. The others are acquired thru quests, and there 1? 2? that are WIP.

Evergrey

Aug 7, 2016
there are 3 chem books that are greyed out to me and 2 bdsm books and ive already done all the quests i think and killed most of the bandits the only ones that remain are the ones that keep respawning

also is this planned to be just a Male protag game??
is there a plan to have specific slave duties? like headgirl, guard etc. etc.
how depraved are the plans for the games future? is it similar to Freecities? or tamer?

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
there are 3 chem books that are greyed out to me and 2 bdsm books and ive already done all the quests i think and killed most of the bandits the only ones that remain are the ones that keep respawning

how depraved are the plans for the games future? is it similar to Freecities? or tamer?
From the discord #progress-list:
1643717597675.png
1643717615531.png

ShinCore

May 19, 2020

1643717707961.png

Evergrey

Aug 7, 2016
firstly your reply doesn't answer any of my questions about the book...i have purchased all the books that can be bought and finished all the quest(?) yet i am still missing book 1 3 4 of chem, book 2 4 of BDSM and was asking if those are in the game and i just missed them or they are just placeholders

secondly i have read those and none of those answers my questions though -.-

ShinCore

May 19, 2020

Those patch notes are just a summary. Grim keeps stuffing stuff in the update. I've been on 7.8 for a couple days now because im signed up on his subscribestar.adult as an alpha tester. its got more fixes that in those planned patch notes.

just a Male protag game for now. to be honest, it would be a pain to recode all the MC interactions to allow for female, futa etc. there have been requests already, but Grim wants to focus on the foundation of the game and expanding of the core features right now.

how depraved? more BDSM and corruption, training and the like, but also options for the more benevolent master. i just proofedited approx 4k words yesterday, barely made a dent in one of the slave interaction files.

like Free Cities? Ooof.

Sorta. None of the more extreme stuff that can get him driven underground like FC. no underage, mutilation, amputation, snuff, wetware or the like. in this world that Grim has created, slave-owning is a core part of the society, but there are laws governing them. you dont make your own society/laws like in FC.

heres a screenshot of the unrelease wiki thats still being worked on. i cant link it till the IT volunteers say its ok. and im still proofreading/editing it:

1643718433795.png
1643718451149.png

i dont think you are going to have the option to snip your slaves achilles heels so they can only crawl around on the ground. or deliberately blind them/make them deaf/remove vocal cords.

watersports? maybe. options for physical alterations and improvements? yes. turning slaves into milking/cow slaves? doubt it. surgical implants? yes. mind control options? we have discussed it, probably.

specific slave duties are already in the game, a bit basic at the moment. if you look at the patch notes and wiki, its going to be expanded, along with the option of hiring NPC for duties that you dont want to occupy your slaves with, or do yourself.

slave trainer is already a large part of the game, and will be expanded upon, as well as being able to branch out from being a slave trader/trainer to criminal overlord, law enforcer, academic professor, trader, craftsman, explorer/scout, leader of a merc group, and finally founder of your own Great House.

for more info, join the discord. if you want in on the newest stuff being developed, sub on Grim's subscribestar. theres a tier that gives you alpha version access.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes