Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
You can be skeptical. But it is what I do. Of course not to any untiered benefits. But if I like the game and it has monetization that fits into my principles I support. Games that have a free release with all content maybe one week after the patreon release are fine, if the content is the same. Unfortunately not too many games offer this anymore. I just can't bring myself to pay to unlock content behind walls. It is a direction I don't like. Probably because I have been playing these games before patreon came around, back when the games did not have much monetization and were done for fun or actual donations.
I remember those days too, and what I remember most is there were far fewer games and they were getting updated much slower and seldom went into great depth. It seems to me that the new fundraising models and outlets caused an exponential surge in the amount of naughty-rated content for people to play, the vast majority of it available for free.

If you really wanted to go back to 2013 you could also refuse to play any of these games that were developed with other people's money and limit yourself exclusively to those employing the same old hentai pics purloined and packaged into yet another system and updated at irregular intervals.

Reactions: HereandNow2022

dookiexp

May 9, 2022
Is their a guide or help for this game. I don't know why but I have tried to get going with this twice but really struggle with the fights how to navigate what to do.

Any advise of direction would be greatly appreciated.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Is their a guide or help for this game. I don't know why but I have tried to get going with this twice but really struggle with the fights how to navigate what to do.

Any advise of direction would be greatly appreciated.
, note that it's not perfect nor complete and at this juncture includes occasional references to material that won't be in the public release for about a month.

As for a general strategy suggestion, Hire some cheap mercs, Ansel, Bud, Loren and the Rifle Savant will do to start, and take out the easier targets and do the beginner quests and bounties available at Furry's (opens in Redhaven at 6 PM) and in Hamilton Square go to the Town Hall (closes at 9PM) as well as Kymanto for bounties and another quest as well. Both the General Store and Weapons Store have easy and profitable beginning quests available too.

Here's a post I wrote fairly recently on a good way to navigate the first day and a little after. It's not the only way to do it, and maybe not the very best but it will serve to get you off to a good start if you want more of a step-by-step walkthrough.

Last edited:

generater

Oct 18, 2016
I remember those days too, and what I remember most is there were far fewer games and they were getting updated much slower and seldom went into great depth. It seems to me that the new fundraising models and outlets caused an exponential surge in the amount of naughty-rated content for people to play, the vast majority of it available for free.

If you really wanted to go back to 2013 you could also refuse to play any of these games that were developed with other people's money and limit yourself exclusively to those employing the same old hentai pics purloined and packaged into yet another system and updated at irregular intervals.
Or I just dont pay the money to monetization models I don't support. While the updates might have been slower, the updates where more meaningfull. Nowadays devs just release the smallest of updates, holding content back as much as possible to keep the people paying for longer

Reactions: Lichkeen

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Or I just dont pay the money to monetization models I don't support. While the updates might have been slower, the updates where more meaningfull. Nowadays devs just release the smallest of updates, holding content back as much as possible to keep the people paying for longer
Then don't pay those guys, but it has not been my experience that the ones I support behave like that. Grims updates are regular and meaningful, the fact that $5 contributors get a girl and a gun hasn't seemed to have impeded his progress. I don't see why anyone would logically come to the conclusion that it would, but your mileage may vary.

Reactions: Nightofshadow

generater

Oct 18, 2016
Then don't pay those guys, but it has not been my experience that the ones I support behave like that. Grims updates are regular and meaningful, the fact that $5 contributors get a girl and a gun hasn't seemed to have impeded his progress. I don't see why anyone would logically come to the conclusion that it would, but your mileage may vary.
I haven't followed this project long enough to say how good the updates are. I spoke in general with what I noticed since patreon arrived.
The reason I don't support this game is locking content behind a paywall. I don't support any games that do this.

Reactions: Lichkeen

LizJ

Aug 13, 2020
v0.8.1.9 (Public)

screenshot.jpg

Ran this through a "grammar AI". Here is the result (all the "kill Sarah Connor" demands removed):

• "return" -> "returns"
  • was the adverb "meekly" the intended word?
  • "incomes" -> "income"

Last edited:

y.king

Jul 17, 2022
v0.8.1.9

View attachment 2793954

Ran this through a "grammar AI". Here is the result (all the "kill Sarah Connor" demands removed):

• "return" -> "returns"
  • was the adverb "meekly" the intended word?
  • "incomes" -> "income"
Language puzzles are fun!

Rebecca wipes the last trails of semen away from her chin and returns home with her relatively meek income?

Now I'm so curious in what context this message appeared! :D

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I haven't followed this project long enough to say how good the updates are. I spoke in general with what I noticed since patreon arrived.
The reason I don't support this game is locking content behind a paywall. I don't support any games that do this.
Fair enough, there's plenty of content available for you to enjoy anyway. You can easily put a hundred hours into a run and not have experienced everything. Enjoy.

Reactions: FSDL and generater
Jun 10, 2022
That's fine, but understand this-

The Dev took a hiatus from his full time job to focus on this project. He was only able to do so thanks to the supporters of the game. Under your model, in this case, updates would have been much slower.

Reactions: FSDL and GD-studios

zaqwsxcde1

Mar 17, 2019
Cant increase streangth beyond 70 for slaves . Is this capped at 70 for slaves. My mc doesn't have this problem and already at 86. I wanted durasteel sword for my slaves(without penalty) so they can eventually replace costly mercenaries.

FSDL

Nov 29, 2016
Language puzzles are fun!

Rebecca wipes the last trails of semen away from her chin and returns home with her relatively meek income?

Now I'm so curious in what context this message appeared! :D

The quoted paraphrased line might read even better with the word meek replaced by the word meager.

Yes I just wanted to join in. This game is a lot of fun. The discussions inspired by it are too.

Bigboi42

Nov 13, 2020
For anyone who tried to play on steam deck prior, 8.19 fixed images not loading.
Please also note, i had to leave the extracted folder in my downloads for it load, would be interested to know if anyone else is experiencing that.

Last edited:

P319Aigaion

Sep 1, 2019
Where's the stormchild renders? I remember something in Discord about her renders being added. Are they currently for Tier 4 only or something?

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Where's the stormchild renders? I remember something in Discord about her renders being added. Are they currently for Tier 4 only or something?
I don't have the Stormchild so I've not paid much attention thus I had to try to track it down. From what I saw there were Stormchild renders announced for Alpha 0.8.2 (A3.7) which means to my understanding that those will be in the public release of 0.8.2 which is due to drop in mid-to-late August.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Cant increase streangth beyond 70 for slaves . Is this capped at 70 for slaves. My mc doesn't have this problem and already at 86. I wanted durasteel sword for my slaves(without penalty) so they can eventually replace costly mercenaries.
This might well have been capped relatively recently, as in the past few months. I know as of a month or so ago the MC could still gain Strength when in the 160s, but after running into great difficulty getting even highly disciplined slaves past 60 these days I pretty much gave up on it. I see my Michelle has a Strength of 71 but she spent a long time at the Academy and might well have picked up a point from her random bonus. My Tier-2 slave has an 80 but she was improved a long time ago, like January or so, and it's become obvious to me that something has changed since then.

Last edited:
Reactions: zaqwsxcde1
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes