Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I think some of the girls' personal quests rely on happiness. I personally keep pure; I hate malevolent. Corruption easy to raise in dungeon and I don't need slight damage bonus on any of my slaves.

I like how we all have different nuances in our play styles.
I understand your point of view, but just want to point out what you're missing. That +5 damage might seem like a pittance, but when you take armor into account odds are most shots even with Plasma only net about 20-40 points of damage. That extra five points becomes a damage bonus of 12.5% to 25% and against top tier bounties you need every point you get. Rebecca with the max Ranged Combat (150) bonus, the bitch bonus (Malevolent trait) and Warrioress bonus hits harder with a Plasma gun than anyone else in the game save Ayden's first shot.

Reactions: Konstantinus
Jun 10, 2022
I understand your point of view, but just want to point out what you're missing. That +5 damage might seem like a pittance, but when you take armor into account odds are most shots even with Plasma only net about 20-40 points of damage. That extra five points becomes a damage bonus of 12.5% to 25% and against top tier bounties you need every point you get. Rebecca with the max Ranged Combat (150) bonus, the bitch bonus (Malevolent trait) and Warrioress bonus hits harder with a Plasma gun than anyone else in the game save Ayden's first shot.
Hmm... Valid points Good Sir, valid points.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Hmm... Valid points Good Sir, valid points.
I took Rebecca off my combat teams because she's maxed now and I want to train other girls and the Black Guardsman who I got late because I didn't want to go to a negative income earlier on. I've had him for hundreds of days now and he's had a helluva time getting crits, he was stuck at 104 RC for the longest time, probably about 100 combats. Just bad luck I presume, but he's definitely the weak link in my current 'A-Team,' oftentimes he'll do a pathetic 16 points damage against a Duraplate-wearer with a Plasma gun.

I definitely miss Rebecca out in the field!

However I do wonder sometimes were I to get a 'Pure' girl if I could pretty much stop having to do all the 'slut maintenance' I do to keep all the girls at 95 or higher happiness. I've had 'Pure' girls in the past and that was pretty much the effect, with all the bonuses plus a 'Pure' girl their happiness might stay pretty much constant, even at 98+. I've not yet taken Caitlin, I've been saving her as perhaps my future wife, because I haven't decided if I want to keep her 'Pure' and lose Rebecca's great advantage or corrupt her thoroughly so I can enjoy her as much as my other slaves. It's quite a quandary!

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Verdammt! :LOL:
Never even considered happiness might not matter. I might not be cut out for this slave owning thing at all. Regardless of how many hours I spend tying them up and sexually torturing them in the basement, I'm still spending the rest of the day obsessing over their happiness. Funny and maybe a little silly, but it's cool to have a game that is that immersive.

Even now realizing how pointless it is, I still kinda wanna max out their happiness. But I want to fuck Caitlin into a brainless-bimbo-jello more. :devilish:
You can do both, and Happiness has certain advantages. They train better and get points here and there and you get big bonuses to rolls if they're very happy when you try it. I keep them all happy and with high willpower so I know they enjoy being used as the little sluts they are and I can do pretty much anything I want to them once I get their Corruption up.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
To add to this point, the tier 6 bounties have guys that even 4 plasma hits plus a hit from Ayden's super coil gun is not guaranteed to kill in the first round unless someone has some kind of additional bonus damage. If it takes you 2 rounds to kill the first plasma guy then that means your strongest guy is going to take 2 plasma shots, a coil gun shot, and probably an assault rifle shot. Whoever's on the receiving end of that is going down.

That's why I think I probably will want the Aesir religion long term because you get +10 damage at max devotion. Might even be worth switching early even if you end up having to switch away and then back to it again at some point. You get +5 damage even at 25 devotion whereas with Atheism you get nothing until you get to 100+ devotion.

tneer2

Feb 21, 2019
i captured a slave but there's no images for her for some reason..

Anyone knows how to fix this bug?

Liliyns

Jun 26, 2020
1)Is there a cap at how much affection u lose and is there away to prevent it from decaying? (Ngl taking care of all girls affection is annoying as hell I wish there was a quest to cap it at 100% and be done with it)

2) what happens when u max out poker fame?

3) what's the most useful religion?

Last edited:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Starting perks on some of the slaves can make a big difference in the early game. The female slave you can pick up in Marston Avenue from that center group of bandits (her name is apparently randomized) can have combat perks good enough to actually beat Raven in the arena with zero training. I picked her up on day 6 when I unlocked Crystal Hills and she beat Raven on the first try with these stats. Other times her stats have been considerably lesser and she was only able to beat Veteran or Heroic opponents.

McLOVINu

Mar 18, 2018
Ok, another 3 months in game time passed, got 2 more int from gambling. :D this will be a LONG time before 90.

1)Is there a cap at how much affection u lose and is there away to prevent it from decaying? (Ngl taking care of all girls affection is annoying as hell I wish there was a quest to cap it at 100% and be done with it)
I have not found a way to stop decaying affection and happiness.

I have fully upgraded house, give slaves allowence, have slaves jobless, have spices for food, and with no traits that lower them, they STILL decay. [even if in loving status, sleeping in masters bed vs guestroom does nothing, nor does moring bj vs no morning bj.]

Even my npcs like Loren drop stats each day, no matter their assigned duty.

WOULD HELP if it showed the # for affection and happiness when you switch the (?) toggle between # and text.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Finally got a chance to use a great sword in combat and did 77 damage with my first hit. I suspect it would be less through heavy armor but that's some pretty sizeable damage. I like it.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018

Anyone knows how to fix this bug?
Not even a profile pic? I think there's one or two he hasn't made a profile pic of, that may be fixed in the next update as I recall someone else reporting that too. If you mean the limited sex pics for the randoms he's doing those now and we're voting on which ones get done first.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Not if you want them pegged at 100, that will always decrease a little bit every day or so even if you have all the house improvements, the perfume, a Pure slavegirl, max allowance, best stables etc. I have been able to peg some girls at 100 if they were Starlets dancing at the Golden Dragon and had all or almost all of the other bonuses (except I limit them to $25 allowance these days).

On the other hand it doesn't actually matter much if they're at 80 or 100, I just like to keep mine at 95+ most all of the time for roleplaying purposes. It makes sense to me to keep them all that happy you have to do a little work.

2) what happens when u max out poker fame?
Nothing as far as I know, though if you lose one night you'll find it won't stay at the max, you'll be a sliver off. I saw someone say that max poker fame was supposed to make it more difficult to win but I've not noticed that either.

3) what's the most useful religion?
For combat, AEsir worship, for finance Islam, for hunting Church of the Elder, for Influence Church of the Two Moons, for stamina Christianity, for willpower up to 80 atheism.

Reactions: Liliyns and tsap

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Starting perks on some of the slaves can make a big difference in the early game. The female slave you can pick up in Marston Avenue from that center group of bandits (her name is apparently randomized) can have combat perks good enough to actually beat Raven in the arena with zero training. I picked her up on day 6 when I unlocked Crystal Hills and she beat Raven on the first try with these stats. Other times her stats have been considerably lesser and she was only able to beat Veteran or Heroic opponents.
Mine had decent combat stats but was no match for Raven, and with her Sweet Tooth ballooned up to 222 lbs in short order. I finally got her discipline up and she's now a svelte 99 lbs and I sent her to the Arena where the best she can do on a consistent basis is get 600-1000 from the second tier opponents. Oh, well.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Mine had decent combat stats but was no match for Raven, and with her Sweet Tooth ballooned up to 222 lbs in short order. I finally got her discipline up and she's now a svelte 99 lbs and I sent her to the Arena where the best she can do on a consistent basis is get 600-1000 from the second tier opponents. Oh, well.
Yeah that's about what I had in my previous game. How good she and Rebecca are in the arena pretty much determines how hard I get to push for Aria as soon as possible. Aria can't always beat Raven but in my games she has always been close so with some training she can do it. A lot of times she can beat her with no training, although never consistently unless I save scum.

BTW I finally did break down and get all the implants for my main and you're right about the tier 6 bounties being much more doable in that situation with your main tanking instead of a merc. That extra 50 hp is an extra plasma hit you can tank without going down which really makes all the difference. I haven't boosted my dex yet to see if that makes a difference but I could see that being worth doing if it does. I'm not currently using the Aesir religion so I don't have the damage boost from that yet.

LizJ

Aug 13, 2020
The one(?) random slave included in the Public release gets almost all their images from the /Pics/AvRan folder.
That folder is not included in the current public release.
Expect it in the mid-August v0.8.2(Public) release.

VegitoHlove

Apr 27, 2018
Age 0 is not a Fetus, the counting of age starts with the day of birth, not the day of conception. Baby yes, fetus no .
Okay. You are correct but I think you're missing the point. Unless, you're neighborhood is full of babies with guns. :)

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Is teaching at the academy the only way to raise faction with the academy? I decided to play around with religions this time and am starting with Atheism since that's what you are given to begin with anyway and it passively increases Willpower. But it seems like just teaching alone will take a LONG time to raise faction.

So far I took 3 of the academy classes and read enough books to boost my science and academics to 100+ each and have started teaching science classes. No luck so far on the random devotion increase you can get from having high science skill but I have been save scumming the teaching to guarantee +3 devotion per class.

Makes for a bit of a slow start but I can still just barely get a bounty plus the arena in each day on top of the class as well as either read a couple of books at night or go do a little fighting. Seems like having your willpower passively boosted to 100 might be a good thing though so Atheism seems like a reasonable start. The main problem with it is you get literally nothing from it until you reach 100 devotion. All of the other religions give you some benefits prior to that.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes