khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Interesting, somehow I missed this item, never knew it exists. Thx for info.

As for implants, it may sound silly but, I don't want to turn my MC into a cyborg. Let's say it's just a quirk of my roleplay :p
You can certainly get by without implants if you want to.

I discovered today that for the fights that use advanced tactics it seems that the main character will NEVER be the tank unless he's the last man standing. The only exception are enemies with pistols or melee weapons from what I can tell.

I did a tier 6 bounty a little while ago and had some bad RNG luck. First they killed Ayden, then Conner, then Doyle (so far as expected). But the next target after that was Bud despite him being dramatically weaker than my main character. So for the toughest fights like that it doesn't really matter that much if you have 100 health or 200. Your mercs will be doing the tanking unless you're using slaves with stealth suits. I guess that might explain why doctors kits don't work on the MC. You don't really need them to unless you have a full party wipe most of the time.

Since I see you're active in the thread, can I ask you about future updates to the game?
Since I missed that clinic where you can buy doctor kits, I have a question. Will the doctor profession be added in the foreseeable future?
I haven't heard anything about that. You can already start off with a doctor background if that's what you mean, but I don't know if there are plans for MC to be able to actually work a doctor job like he can do with teaching at the academy or working at the factory or whatever.

Reactions: SharkVampire

zaqwsxcde1

Mar 17, 2019

I discovered today that for the fights that use advanced tactics it seems that the main character will NEVER be the tank unless he's the last man standing. The only exception are enemies with pistols or melee weapons from what I can tell.

I did a tier 6 bounty a little while ago and had some bad RNG luck. First they killed Ayden, then Conner, then Doyle (so far as expected). But the next target after that was Bud despite him being dramatically weaker than my main character. So for the toughest fights like that it doesn't really matter that much if you have 100 health or 200. Your mercs will be doing the tanking unless you're using slaves with stealth suits. I guess that might explain why doctors kits don't work on the MC. You don't really need them to unless you have a full party wipe most of the time.
Really? In advanced tactics having a health implant makes me target practice,that's what stopping me giving my character health implants. I have aria/ Rebecca as slave with stealth Armor,me and 3 mercs all duraplate. My mc has ranged skill over 90 like other mercs. Before implant they used to target Ayden first,Felix second,that teacher merc third then me. Now after having two health implants with 200 health ai going berserk on me making me lose valuable attributes. I usually repair my Armor after 3-4 extreme battles so ai don't go mushy on me.

Last edited:

y.king

Jul 17, 2022

Strange, in my current game I've had the mc become the focus of advanced tactics a few times. Granted, only after the two toughest fighters on my team were down, but mc was definitely not the last man standing.

Shanni

Jul 6, 2019
GD-studios I love the game with the freedom and all the kinky stuff. Just one thing:

It would be infinitely helpful to get a cause and effect stat change screen at the end of day. With more than 2-3 slaves you can track 1 or 2 stat changes over the day(s) but not much more. If I want to effectively track a stat over time I have to take up pen and paper and write it down and check the stuff every now and then -.- . You get some info at the end of the day for the main slave if she lost some strenght or gained a point in the domestic trait, but that's it. Seeing all the stat changes from one day to the next for all the girls would be immensely helpful to recognize (unwanted) trends and see if your actions have the desired effect for each girl. Something like:

Arias Intelligence increased to 48 (+1 - University)
Arias Willpower increased to 33 (+1 - Junos Advocate trait)
Arias Happiness decreased to 88 (-2 Buttplug)

You could even put that into a job, an upgrade or a service you can buy.

y.king

Jul 17, 2022
GD-studios
Arias Happiness decreased to 88 (-2 Buttplug)
Hah! That would help me solve the mystery of the missing buttplug!

I know I had a small one, but I can't find it anywhere. Certainly, searching for it was fun, but even after checking several times, I can't figure out which of the ladies has it.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Strange, in my current game I've had the mc become the focus of advanced tactics a few times. Granted, only after the two toughest fighters on my team were down, but mc was definitely not the last man standing.
Interesting. Maybe I'm doing something that keeps me out of the line of fire that I wasn't aware of. The pistol and melee enemies definitely do seem to be able to just hit whoever they want from what I can tell, but the guys with guns that are not pistols always shoot my mercs. If it's not advanced tactics then that all goes out the window and they can hit anyone.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Interesting. Maybe I'm doing something that keeps me out of the line of fire that I wasn't aware of. The pistol and melee enemies definitely do seem to be able to just hit whoever they want from what I can tell, but the guys with guns that are not pistols always shoot my mercs. If it's not advanced tactics then that all goes out the window and they can hit anyone.
Maybe the aim implant doesn't count for skill level or something? I think it's a combination of your skill levels, health and weapon wielded that determines whether you get targeted, but admittedly that's a guess.

This is the character I was playing when Grim implemented those changes and he's been the target of every enemy 'Advanced Tactics' volley. He would have had all health implants and more than 100 RC and MC and even when going into battle with only a powered Katana he's always been singled out for punishment by my opponents.

Last edited:
Reactions: FSDL
Jun 10, 2022
Maybe the aim implant doesn't count for skill level or something? I think it's a combination of your skill levels, health and weapon wielded that determines whether you get targeted, but admittedly that's a guess.

This is the character I was playing when Grim implemented those changes and he's been the target of every enemy 'Advanced Tactics' volley. He would have had all implants and more than 100 RC and MC and even when going into battle with only a powered Katana he's always been singled out for punishment by my opponents.
I'm having similar experience. I'm fighting with 4 slaves I've trained up. I'm consistently the target over 90% of the time.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I'm having similar experience. I'm fighting with 4 slaves I've trained up. I'm consistently the target over 90% of the time.
As Khumak noted the melee guys and the desperado seem to be able to fire at anyone, but the ones that use 'Advanced Tactics' seem to always target my MC regardless of whether I have slavegirls or my top-tier mercs with me.

FSDL

Nov 29, 2016
"Maybe the aim implant doesn't count for skill level or something? I think it's a combination of your skill levels, health and weapon wielded that determines whether you get targeted, but admittedly that's a guess."

I've wonderd about that. In most games I've started with modest range ability, hired Ansel, the Peasant and the rifle Savant, and then gone out hunting bounties to build finances.

At first it seems that the rifle Savant is drawing a disproportionate amount the fire from the start. Later, after I get better and have better weapons, I start drawing more of the early fire.

Even later, I equip one or more of the other team members with a plasma rifle, and that character draws the higher proportion of the fire.

Skill levels and weapons do seem to be factors in drawing fire.

I've never installed that aiming implant nor the DMT implant, but I do get the healing implants, in stages, when $ feasible.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017

This is the character I was playing when Grim implemented those changes and he's been the target of every enemy 'Advanced Tactics' volley. He would have had all health implants and more than 100 RC and MC and even when going into battle with only a powered Katana he's always been singled out for punishment by my opponents.
Could be. I usually start with a scientist build and I always buy the aim implant so I never have a reason to train up ranged. It just goes up on it's own via combat and since I never miss because of the implant I don't care if it's 50 or 150. I tend to spend more time doing melee so even though my ranged usually starts off higher than my melee, my melee always overtakes it relatively soon.

I generally pick up Ansel, Peasant, Loren, and Rifle Savant on day 1 to do a few easy fights and the bounty if it's a tier 1 or 2. I never really paid attention to who gets targeted for that day 1 bounty since I usually refuse anything above a tier 2 on day 1. Day 2 I replace Rifle Savant and Peasant with Dexter and Doyle, and Doyle definitely becomes the tank for bounties immediately.

Usually by day 4 I've unlocked Crystal Hills so I go pick up Ayden, at which point he becomes the new tank for a couple of weeks. When I see my first tier 5 bounty I pick up Connor, but Ayden seems to remain the tank until Connor gets a plasma gun, at which point Connor becomes the main tank.

So early on at least, the weapon being used seems to play a big part in who the game picks as tank. Any merc with a plasma gun seems to get picked over Ayden in my game which generally means that by the time I make it to fighting tier 6 bounties my first 2 tanks are Connor and Felix, not necessarily in that order. In fact the game seems to usually pick Felix over Connor as the main tank even though both have plasma guns and Connor has better stats.

I do use a plasma gun on my main for the tier 6 bounties but even with 200 health my main does not get targeted, in fact in my last game Bud actually got targetted before my main (both of us had plasma guns and Bud had higher ranged skill than me because I trained him).

Slaves are different, especially if you give them stealth suits. If I'm running with 4 slaves then they're all going to have stealth suits and that means my MC is going to take all the damage. But I rarely do that, and never until several months in. Those stealth suits are expensive. I usually will pick up some combat weave for 1 slave around the end of week 1 so I can start working on respect with the girls, just rotating each slave in 1 at a time to get them all to 20 respect.

Maybe since I tend to pick up at least 1 or 2 of the top tiers pretty early they're just naturally going to stay ahead of my main's stats when it comes to ranged skill? Not sure about strength or dex. I do train those up but not until at least a few months into the game. Stamina I boost to over 100 immediately though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunner Rey

jjs12

Jul 4, 2019
I have a question about slave respect, in most of my playthrus respect is capped at 20/100 but in the early mid game I have seen a few go up to 21/100 but I could not get it higher. Does anyone know what we have to raise to raise to respect cap.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I have a question about slave respect, in most of my playthrus respect is capped at 20/100 but in the early mid game I have seen a few go up to 21/100 but I could not get it higher. Does anyone know what we have to raise to raise to respect cap.
Just keep fighting with them. The first 20 you get 1 for every fight. After that it takes more than 1 per point of respect. Not sure exactly what the scale is. So from an efficiency standpoint, best to get everyone to 20 first. Then you can work on going higher with some or all of them if you want.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Swords and guns are pretty much the same?
Are you sure?
How many bounties in town hall have guns and how many have swords?

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
After 20 it's about a 5% chance per girl per battle to get a Respect increase. It's not capped as far as I know, several of my girls exceed 100 now.

Reactions: khumak
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes