khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Not sure whether I accidentally screwed it up somehow or if Grim changed the storm child in the latest version, but when I went to get her this game she wasn't there. As far as I know it was my first time in the auction unless I did a misclick that I didn't notice. Does she show up again later if you miss her?

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Not sure whether I accidentally screwed it up somehow or if Grim changed the storm child in the latest version, but when I went to get her this game she wasn't there. As far as I know it was my first time in the auction unless I did a misclick that I didn't notice. Does she show up again later if you miss her?
I don't believe anything changed there, but Grim would know better than I would. If you miss her, you can't get her back normally. If you're okay with save ediitng, you can remove the $stormchild variable to cause her to reappear for auction, and get her back that way.

Reactions: khumak

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I don't believe anything changed there, but Grim would know better than I would. If you miss her, you can't get her back normally. If you're okay with save ediitng, you can remove the $stormchild variable to cause her to reappear for auction, and get her back that way.
I think he must have changed something in MoR_082(A5,3)_Tier4. I just started over to test and made sure not to enter any of the slave auction sites until I could afford the storm child. She's not there. Maybe she shows up later or has some kind of story tied to her now. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
I think he must have changed something in MoR_082(A5,3)_Tier4. I just started over to test and made sure not to enter any of the slave auction sites until I could afford the storm child. She's not there. Maybe she shows up later or has some kind of story tied to her now. Guess I'll find out soon enough.
Ah, my apologies for the misinformation then.

Mevhan

Dec 19, 2019
Sorry if this has already been asked, but what do you do with a slave that you manage to capture / get from winning a battle? I used a rope on her to tie her up and she's currently taking up a slot in my camp menu.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Sorry if this has already been asked, but what do you do with a slave that you manage to capture / get from winning a battle? I used a rope on her to tie her up and she's currently taking up a slot in my camp menu.
You click on the handcuff icon bottom of screen and process. Either sell or, for females, enter household. You can donate them to various factions, as well, when you enter those locations. For me the process button didn't always show up right away, it seemed be that I had to be in the Redhaven location, but could just be my not fully understanding the mechanic.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
You click on the handcuff icon bottom of screen and process. Either sell or, for females, enter household. You can donate them to various factions, as well, when you enter those locations. For me the process button didn't always show up right away, it seemed be that I had to be in the Redhaven location, but could just be my not fully understanding the mechanic.
There's only a few places you can process slaves and that's Redhaven, Crystal Heights, Watery Eyes and Preacher's Pond.

Reactions: khumak and JaxMan

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
There are any hidden bonus to hit with the bolt rifle? Wiki says nothing about it, the game says nothing about it but I´m pretty sure that the members of the team that are in the 50% skill don´t miss 1 of each two shots

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Not sure if anything changed in the version I'm playing now or if I just happened to hit some threshold I don't normally hit regarding the strength of my mercs versus my main character, but in my current game Ayden seems to consistently wind up the main tank for advanced tactics fights and then the game doesn't seem to pick a backup tank. If it's a tough fight and Ayden goes down then they just randomly hit all of the mercs and my main after that. They do focus fire on Ayden first though.

y.king

Jul 17, 2022
In my current game I can control if the MC is the tank or not: As long as he wields the big sword he isn't, as soon as he equips the plasma cannon he is. When wielding the sword, Conor and Mr. Doyle are tanks before him. Melee skill is at 140 and ranged at 135 (no implant).

Reactions: khumak

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
In my current game I can control if the MC is the tank or not: As long as he wields the big sword he isn't, as soon as he equips the plasma cannon he is. When wielding the sword, Conor and Mr. Doyle are tanks before him. Melee skill is at 140 and ranged at 135 (no implant).
I wondered about that. In my previous game where my melee was high enough to switch to the close position I never had issues with MC being the tank. Haven't worked my way up to that point in my current game so I break out the plasma gun for the tier 6 bounties. I don't mind being the tank for most fights but I don't want to be the tank for the tier 6 bounties. If just switching to a weaker weapon is a reliable way to avoid that then I could always just use a rifle or assault rifle for the tier 6 bounties until I get my melee up. Will have to test that out.

Edit: Just tested with a coil gun and that seemed to work. Enemies took out Connor first, then focused on Ayden instead of me.

Last edited:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I played around with this some more in my current game and it does seem like you can pretty reliably manage who the target is via weapon selection. For a tier 6 bounty now I will start off using a plasma gun on round 1 so my MC is the main tank. Then I'll switch to an assault rifle for round 2 so one of my mercs becomes the main tank.

That usually allows me to beat most of the tier 6 bounties without losing anyone now, although my armor gets pretty beat up now. I'm thinking I may need to alternate between wearing Combat Armor, Weave, and Duraplate so Caitlyn can keep up on repairs.

I'm sure switching to a melee weapon would work just as well but so far I'm into the 3rd month and have yet to see a single enemy with a katana or a greatsword (other than the girl with the space hulk, but I have never seen that fight actually drop a katana).

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
GD-studios I love the game with the freedom and all the kinky stuff. Just one thing:

It would be infinitely helpful to get a cause and effect stat change screen at the end of day. With more than 2-3 slaves you can track 1 or 2 stat changes over the day(s) but not much more. If I want to effectively track a stat over time I have to take up pen and paper and write it down and check the stuff every now and then -.- . You get some info at the end of the day for the main slave if she lost some strenght or gained a point in the domestic trait, but that's it. Seeing all the stat changes from one day to the next for all the girls would be immensely helpful to recognize (unwanted) trends and see if your actions have the desired effect for each girl. Something like:

Arias Intelligence increased to 48 (+1 - University)
Arias Willpower increased to 33 (+1 - Junos Advocate trait)
Arias Happiness decreased to 88 (-2 Buttplug)

You could even put that into a job, an upgrade or a service you can buy.
Thanks!

That almost sounds like the current LOG we have in the Domestic Engine (0.8.2). It's still pretty rough around the edges but tracks all the top slaves' most important attributes. Having further information about what is actually causing the changes is currently in an experimental phase. That would be extremely time-consuming to fully implement, however, as there are thousands of unique situations that could potentially affect skills/attributes.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Maybe the aim implant doesn't count for skill level or something? I think it's a combination of your skill levels, health and weapon wielded that determines whether you get targeted, but admittedly that's a guess.
Base chance for calculating enemy aim (Advanced Tactics) is "Max Health", followed by Melee and Ranged skill. Armor and carried weapon are also two strong factors - IF the enemy is carrying a weapon that could affect it. You'll seldom see a knife-wielding (Advanced) Thug attacking Ayden if a leather-clad Lovisa is nearby, for instance.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Since A5.3, I've started removing "test" scripts. That means Stormchild has been added to the general roster (2% appear chance). Bandit girl in Stokke Hills respawn chance has also been drastically reduced, etc.

• Sad
Reactions: khumak and y.king
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes