SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
The downside to being on the Patreon build is that he updates it too bloody fast. There's been 5 updates already in August. I suffer from FOMO, so I keep restarting :p

Helluva problem to have mind you
But why? They aren't groundbreaking changes.

In a way, though, I understand your point. I decided to pause for a year+ myself to wait for more changes to the game, so I could start over with renewed interest.

The only piece of content that I don't really understand why it was added so early to the game is marriage and children. The game is certainly awesome fun even this early stage of development, but it's wildly hard for me to imagine what you can do in a game for over a year... I would have done this sort of thing at the very end, when the game was set up for a long playthrough.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
The only piece of content that I don't really understand why it was added so early to the game is marriage and children. The game is certainly awesome fun even this early stage of development, but it's wildly hard for me to imagine what you can do in a game for over a year... I would have done this sort of thing at the very end, when the game was set up for a long playthrough.
Marriage and children was a stretch goal, and at the time Grim didn't expect to reach it so soon. Iirc he wasn't sure it'd be reached at all. So when it was reached, way before he was really expecting it, Grim felt he had to live up to the obligation to add that content asap. Rather than delay it and risk people feeling like he had promised this content and then not delivered it.

Reactions: Seamonkey

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I really like both teen subduer and arouser. They make seduction so easy in the early game... I have recently decided that manipulation is more of an issue for me though. It's one of those stats that I have yet to find any reasonable way to improve. So I switched up my start to attractive, frightening, and dominant so I can start with 85 manipulate. That means I don't care if I ever gain any manipulate from any source other than books or classes so I can just buy up my charm and I'm good to go.

The loss of teen subduer is surprisingly annoying in the early game but just boosting charm up mostly duplicates that effect. The loss of arouser makes progress during sex scenes a LOT slower but I would think once I get copulation skill up that won't be that big of a deal. I was used to Rebecca being my first seduction with teen subduer. Without it she's not having any of it until I grind up my charm with someone else first. Same with Aria.

I figure since you can gain more medical skill by using doctor's kits I don't care if my skill gain from the medical books is less than optimal. As long as they get me above 40 that's all I need. The better heals from stims help a lot in the early game and the doctors kits make tier 6 bounties a LOT more viable without having to deal with stat losses. I did try a doctor background and starting with more than 40 medicine is nice, but it seems like a scientist build is generally better since you get higher intelligence and can basically duplicate the medicine skill with a couple of skill books.
I decided to give that last template I posted a try. As for the easy one right outside the home, I'm not seeing anyone. Do you mean Ladicus? I usually bypass him because he's got two compatriots and none of them have guns and my very first goal is to get rifles for Bud and Ansel without having to buy them.

I've played around with a Frightening/Dominant character myself, for mainly the same reasons. I will get some Manip points from Dominant sex demands and having my sluts gangfucked through the event engine but they are few and far between.

I'm going with Teen-Arouser this time, I've never really played that.

Reactions: khumak

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I decided to give that last template I posted a try. As for the easy one right outside the home, I'm not seeing anyone. Do you mean Ladicus? I usually bypass him because he's got two compatriots and none of them have guns and my very first goal is to get rifles for Bud and Ansel without having to buy them.
When you first start there's 2 enemies right outside your house (or at least there always is in my games). The lower one is a group of enemies. The one above that is a single guy with a pipe rifle. That's the guy I capture immediately. I go for him because he always sells for enough to get me some reasonble starting supplies. And sometimes he drops his pipe rifle.

I've played around with a Frightening/Dominant character myself, for mainly the same reasons. I will get some Manip points from Dominant sex demands and having my sluts gangfucked through the event engine but they are few and far between.

I'm going with Teen-Arouser this time, I've never really played that.
Teen subduer/arouser is pretty fun in the early game. Pretty much any teen just does whatever you want right from the get go. It's not uncommon for me to be able to fuck Rebecca on my very first interaction with her even before I've bought more than just basic house upgrades with that start. That does require that she agree to a bath first though, which she doesn't always do. Aria is almost as easy.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
When you first start there's 2 enemies right outside your house (or at least there always is in my games). The lower one is a group of enemies. The one above that is a single guy with a pipe rifle. That's the guy I capture immediately. I go for him because he always sells for enough to get me some reasonble starting supplies. And sometimes he drops his pipe rifle.
No, I've never seen that guy. He wasn't there this game. I just had Ladicus and his two flunkies and the Redhaven semi-recurring gang. Ladicus does sell well though.

Teen subduer/arouser is pretty fun in the early game. Pretty much any teen just does whatever you want right from the get go. It's not uncommon for me to be able to fuck Rebecca on my very first interaction with her even before I've bought more than just basic house upgrades with that start. That does require that she agree to a bath first though, which she doesn't always do. Aria is almost as easy.
Heh, I've had different luck so far. I saw Michelle was Wildborn and tried to strip her but she refused. The bonus must not work for that and I thought Wildborn were auto-strips like Juno. She shed her clothes automatically like a good girl, but not Michelle. I think I'll see if the bonus works on the Dungeon now, Michelle has earned some stripes. She's Workaholic (yay!) so I have big plans for her this game.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
No, I've never seen that guy. He wasn't there this game. I just had Ladicus and his two flunkies and the Redhaven semi-recurring gang. Ladicus does sell well though.
This is the guy I'm talking about. I've never seen him not be there but maybe you're picking starting options that exclude him for some reason?

start.jpg

Heh, I've had different luck so far. I saw Michelle was Wildborn and tried to strip her but she refused. The bonus must not work for that and I thought Wildborn were auto-strips like Juno. She shed her clothes automatically like a good girl, but not Michelle. I think I'll see if the bonus works on the Dungeon now, Michelle has earned some stripes. She's Workaholic (yay!) so I have big plans for her this game.
Really? Michelle turned you down? Did you upgrade her apartment before you took her home? That has always pretty much made her a guaranteed conquest in my games, especially with teen subduer. It's nice to have a super easy target to work on those initial caress grinding with. I alternate caress/kiss until she hits 8 arousal before I try to strip her. Sometimes girls will turn you down for stripping at low arousal.

Last edited:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
If I recall correctly, he only appears if you picked the Mastersphere background. He was sent by the guy you ticked off in your background to spy on you.
Ok that would explain it then. I do always pick that option.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
This is the guy I'm talking about. I've never seen him not be there but maybe you're picking starting options that exclude him for some reason?

View attachment 2871175
That's Ladicus, he'll have two guys with him unless it's different on Grimdark and he's alone on the other settings. I usually save him for later as he doesn't have a rifle to steal. I did get $700 for him though, I suppose I could buy a rifle with that, I just never have to so I don't.

Really? Michelle turned you down? Did you upgrade her apartment before you took her home? That has always pretty much made her a guaranteed conquest in my games, especially with teen subduer. It's nice to have a super easy target to work on those initial caress grinding with. I alternate caress/kiss until she hits 8 arousal before I try to strip her. Sometimes girls will turn you down for stripping at low arousal.
I didn't upgrade anything, I just brought her home, noticed she was Wildborn and asked her to strip. Mr. Romantic, that's me!

I'll alter my approach, it's been a while since I had to actually do some work on these girls.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
If I recall correctly, he only appears if you picked the Mastersphere background. He was sent by the guy you ticked off in your background to spy on you.
His story changes along with yours, he's a general nemesis.

Sells well though!

Ioreth

Jan 29, 2022
What's the best way to keep the girls happiness from going down other than fucking them? Also is it bad if low happiness but high affection?

zaqwsxcde1

Mar 17, 2019
What's the best way to keep the girls happiness from going down other than fucking them? Also is it bad if low happiness but high affection?
Build gazebo ,have a computer for techie traits ,make sure there's not too many girls with malevolent traits.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ioreth

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Upgrade your house completely, get them perfumes to wear, give them at least 25/day allowance, send them to the best stables with the best horse and equipment and talk to them sometimes and compliment them.

Reactions: Ioreth

demoldemol

Dec 11, 2021
Hmmm.
Something like bugreport:
in 8.1.9 you can not buy multiple collars in "devious tools". (but perfectly can buy multiple chains for that collar)
So only one girl at a time could wear a collar.

//
Well, after some clicking I found that i actualy could buy and use multiple collars at once but collars bought are not displayed in inventory (chains are displayed normally).

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Hmmm.
Something like bugreport:
in 8.1.9 you can not buy multiple collars in "devious tools". (but perfectly can buy multiple chains for that collar)
So only one girl at a time could wear a collar.

//
Well, after some clicking I found that i actualy could buy and use multiple collars at once but collars bought are not displayed in inventory (chains are displayed normally).
Collars owned and not used are displayed in the third tab of inventory in 0.8.2, though you may have to scroll down to see them.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Upgrade your house completely, get them perfumes to wear, give them at least 25/day allowance, send them to the best stables with the best horse and equipment and talk to them sometimes and compliment them.
If you have someone in the house who is malevolent you can also pick up a slave who is pure and that will eventually remove the malevolent trait from any girls who have it if the pure girl has higher willpower. I assume most people pick up Rebecca at some point.

Ioreth

Jan 29, 2022
Ah thanks, I did thought of the stables but it was too much grinding. Guess it time to grind now. Btw do the girls affection deteriorate below neutral if you ignore them for a long period of time.

Ioreth

Jan 29, 2022
I
If you have someone in the house who is malevolent you can also pick up a slave who is pure and that will eventually remove the malevolent trait from any girls who have it if the pure girl has higher willpower. I assume most people pick up Rebecca at some point.
I just realize I have two girls with malovent traits, so I just need a girl with strong willpower to remove it? I'll just pickup Nicole if that's the case.

Ioreth

Jan 29, 2022
No she has to be pure. Caitly is always pure if I'm not mistaken. Not sure about the other girls.
Ohh thanks, thankfully I have enough cash to buy Cait. Also just discovered that there's a walkthrough on how to increase/decrease the traits, sorry for the trouble everyone. But since I'm playing the manipulator, would removing this trait be a bad idea?

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes