y.king

Jul 17, 2022
Bandit girl in Stokke Hills respawn chance has also been drastically reduced, etc.
I'll miss her eagerness to respawn. She took so much of the grind out of the grind.
Before her it was Haruto Pai and the bug of endless bounty.

All financial irregularities I had grown fond of, ultimately doomed to be fixed. :cry:

On the upside, Haruto Pai's girlfriend Telika makes a great slave with the new capture mechanics! :love:

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
That almost sounds like the current LOG we have in the Domestic Engine (0.8.2). It's still pretty rough around the edges but tracks all the top slaves' most important attributes. Having further information about what is actually causing the changes is currently in an experimental phase. That would be extremely time-consuming to fully implement, however, as there are thousands of unique situations that could potentially affect skills/attributes.
Perhaps you could go with general categories for now? Even if it's not "detailed enough" information, at least it would give some idea where the changes come from.

Have a side script that assigns "quest/event" "sex session" "training" or whatever tags whenever an attribute change, and throw that at the end of day summary (if not an "accessible-at-will" panel that generates this on the fly for at least current day).

Anyway, just a thought. Can't wait for the 8.2 public, been sitting on needles waiting to pick this up again. Solid game :)

Reactions: GD-studios

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
She was the best part of my day most days I went out.

She is one of the reasons I'm looking forward to a restart.
Some of the random slaves are pretty nice. It actually inspired me to start a new game with a rather restrictive house rule to force myself to put a lot more focus on training up my slaves. No hiring any males with more than 25 health, and only random slaves allowed (either captured or from the auction house). Makes for a... challenging start. But so far it's fun.

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Decided to impose a somewhat restrictive house rule on myself for my next game to force myself to do more slave training. No males with more than 25 health allowed (other than MC). Rifle Savant and Loden are ok.

Some of the random slaves are pretty nice. It actually inspired me to start a new game with a rather restrictive house rule to force myself to put a lot more focus on training up my slaves. No hiring any males with more than 25 health, and only random slaves allowed (either captured or from the auction house). Makes for a... challenging start. But so far it's fun.
I bet you can make it work too, cool idea.

demoldemol

Dec 11, 2021
You making a beautiful and immersive game not even accounting H-content.

May I ask you, is it save-compatible when version advances?

demoldemol

Dec 11, 2021
how do you capture slaves from battles? or is not implemented yet? will it be included in 8.2?
I accidently capture one in my current game when i accidently runs out of ammo so it is implemented.
But she had no art or picture at all. tiny blank box in upper-left in all art windows.

You should finish them with "less letal" weapons to capture alive. Hammer for example.

• Red Heart
Reactions: StanleyFlower

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
how do you capture slaves from battles? or is not implemented yet? will it be included in 8.2?
That's 8.2, so it will be a few days.

It might seem like a small consolation, but you will have the benefit of learning from our mistakes so you don't have to make the same ones and you might learn a couple tricks. Some things myself and others have done:

1. Don't forget rope. You start with one but it's easy for some to forget to buy more. If you've captured a slavegirl but after that they never show up in your inventory afterward you might have forgotten to buy more rope. You can get it at the Market in Redhaven.

2. The whipping stick is by far and away the best to use when trying to capture a combatant. All you have to do is make sure the last ('killing') blow is struck with a whip-stick and you have a 90% chance of capture. When out slaving it might be best to buy extra whipping canes to distribute to your mercs and girls. Make sure they all have the whipping stick set as their melee weapon and remember in combat not to let Ayden strike because he won't use the whip stick and you'll get a bag of bloody beets instead of a slavegirl.

3. You can only capture one person of each sex in combat, all others after that will go down permanently instead. Note that it's possible to capture even with Plasma guns some of the time.

4. If I find myself up against a weak opponent at the end whose weapon can't, or can just barely, pierce my (our) armor I'll often step back and let my mercs/slavegirls take care of it. Even at very low melee combat scores they'll hit often enough to take out a weak opponent and sometimes will only do real damage with crits, which makes those enemies a good way to farm melee combat for yourself and followers.

Last edited:
Reactions: khumak

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
If I find myself up against a weak opponent at the end whose weapon can't, or can just barely, pierce my (our) armor I'll often step back and let my mercs/slavegirls take care of it. Even at very low melee combat scores they'll hit often enough to take out a weak opponent and sometimes will only do real damage with crits, which makes those enemies a good way to farm melee combat for yourself and followers.
I do that too. Early on I tend to put a heavy emphasis on training up melee on both my main and my mercs via combat so I will usually use guns to kill anything with a gun stronger than a crossbow and then move in and melee anything with melee weapons, crossbows, etc. You do take more damage that way but you actually gain melee skill surprisingly fast that way.

You also start to remember specifically which types of male enemies have good sale prices if captured. The soldado guys always sell for around 900 for instance. The cultists can sell for almost 2k each, etc. The female slaves vary wildly and could sell for only a few hundred or they could sell for more than 3000. But they tend to sell for more than the males on average so I always capture all the females.

You'll still end up capturing a lot of slaves that only sell for like 250 each but that still adds up if you're ending up with 6 slaves to sell half the time (sometimes there's nothing to fight other than the bounty).

Btw you actually only start with 1 rope in a new game. Not sure if he changed that at some point, but I've definitely had games where I forgot to buy more after I captured that lone bandit that always starts off right near your house. He seems to always sell for around 700. So capturing him is always my first move in a new game now. Walk outside my house, buy 5 whipping canes, hire Ansel and Peasant, give them canes, capture that lone slave and sell him, buy 10 ropes and some ammo and now I'm ready to get started.

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
How much of a gap is there between the public version and the patreon version? I just see a lot of updates from the developer in discord, but I don't really understand what will eventually make it into the next public version.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I do that too. Early on I tend to put a heavy emphasis on training up melee on both my main and my mercs via combat so I will usually use guns to kill anything with a gun stronger than a crossbow and then move in and melee anything with melee weapons, crossbows, etc. You do take more damage that way but you actually gain melee skill surprisingly fast that way.

You also start to remember specifically which types of male enemies have good sale prices if captured. The soldado guys always sell for around 900 for instance. The cultists can sell for almost 2k each, etc. The female slaves vary wildly and could sell for only a few hundred or they could sell for more than 3000. But they tend to sell for more than the males on average so I always capture all the females.

You'll still end up capturing a lot of slaves that only sell for like 250 each but that still adds up if you're ending up with 6 slaves to sell half the time (sometimes there's nothing to fight other than the bounty).

Btw you actually only start with 1 rope in a new game. Not sure if he changed that at some point, but I've definitely had games where I forgot to buy more after I captured that lone bandit that always starts off right near your house. He seems to always sell for around 700. So capturing him is always my first move in a new game now. Walk outside my house, buy 5 whipping canes, hire Ansel and Peasant, give them canes, capture that lone slave and sell him, buy 10 ropes and some ammo and now I'm ready to get started.
Thanks for the heads-up, I missed an update somehow, I was still using 0.8.2 A5. So now we get only one rope, but we get a new easy target in Redhaven? That'll work. I've been playing around with a restart but I can't find anything that really satisfies me, now I have a reason to abort this one.

I can't decide what I want to play. I've got one I just started now with A6 that's (Elitist) Military Parents, Embraced, Troublemaker, Brainy-Gambler-Sharpshooter, Stocky/Massive/Abnormal, Teen Subduer-Arouser, Prime/Classic/Grimdark and I'm looking at that last screen and the 25 Charm and groaning. I know I can dig myself out of that hole but I'm not looking forward to it.

I've also been experimenting with Doctors, I've never really played one of those outside 30 days for test purposes. I dunno if it's worth it though, with the Elitist bonus Medicine starts at 30 so I'd just have to have a decent Intelligence and read a couple books. Rebelling from a Doctor's background does give a nice array of skill points and you'll still have 40 Medicine to start.

I can't make up my mind. Hmm...

Reactions: khumak

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
How much of a gap is there between the public version and the patreon version? I just see a lot of updates from the developer in discord, but I don't really understand what will eventually make it into the next public version.
Everything, it will all be up to date, though the Public release won't have any material for the Tier-2 slave and such.

Reactions: SharkVampire

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I can't decide what I want to play. I've got one I just started now with A6 that's (Elitist) Military Parents, Embraced, Troublemaker, Brainy-Gambler-Sharpshooter, Stocky/Massive/Abnormal, Teen Subduer-Arouser, Prime/Classic/Grimdark and I'm looking at that last screen and the 25 Charm and groaning. I know I can dig myself out of that hole but I'm not looking forward to it.
I really like both teen subduer and arouser. They make seduction so easy in the early game... I have recently decided that manipulation is more of an issue for me though. It's one of those stats that I have yet to find any reasonable way to improve. So I switched up my start to attractive, frightening, and dominant so I can start with 85 manipulate. That means I don't care if I ever gain any manipulate from any source other than books or classes so I can just buy up my charm and I'm good to go.

The loss of teen subduer is surprisingly annoying in the early game but just boosting charm up mostly duplicates that effect. The loss of arouser makes progress during sex scenes a LOT slower but I would think once I get copulation skill up that won't be that big of a deal. I was used to Rebecca being my first seduction with teen subduer. Without it she's not having any of it until I grind up my charm with someone else first. Same with Aria.

I've also been experimenting with Doctors, I've never really played one of those outside 30 days for test purposes. I dunno if it's worth it though, with the Elitist bonus Medicine starts at 30 so I'd just have to have a decent Intelligence and read a couple books. Rebelling from a Doctor's background does give a nice array of skill points and you'll still have 40 Medicine to start.
I figure since you can gain more medical skill by using doctor's kits I don't care if my skill gain from the medical books is less than optimal. As long as they get me above 40 that's all I need. The better heals from stims help a lot in the early game and the doctors kits make tier 6 bounties a LOT more viable without having to deal with stat losses. I did try a doctor background and starting with more than 40 medicine is nice, but it seems like a scientist build is generally better since you get higher intelligence and can basically duplicate the medicine skill with a couple of skill books.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Sharinel

Dec 23, 2018
The downside to being on the Patreon build is that he updates it too bloody fast. There's been 5 updates already in August. I suffer from FOMO, so I keep restarting :p

Helluva problem to have mind you

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes