SilentRunning

Feb 19, 2021
Wow didn't know the intelligence can affect their scavenging , definitely will be interacting more with them now. Thank you for that also damn you've played multiple saves already while I'm out here struggling with my save :HideThePain:
Ansel is the best scavenger that I have found. He scavenges more than the two kids combined once his intelligence is at 60 (and it takes like 5 or 7 days to get his intelligence to 60 depending on RNG). I like the passive income. That can be achieved fairly quickly, and he pays for himself when you aren't actually using him. You can keep him employed the entire time without actually going on combat missions.

I trained Laika to 120 intelligence, but scavenging was never affected past 60. I assume Ansel doesn't get better past 60 either, but I don't know that for a fact.

I have been waiting for slave capture, so I have been just playing around trying to figure out how to become rich without combat or slaves or save scumming. So I have a bunch of games but I will probably scrap them all when the new version comes out.

When the new version comes out I will start over with a grimdark playthrough with no save scumming. In the end I think the no save scumming play through is the most interesting. The weird problems that can arise from not reloading can really create some interesting situations.

Ioreth

Jan 29, 2022
The priorities at the start are: 1. Rifles for everyone 2. Combat Armor for everyone 3. Duraplate for everyone. Don't neglect upgrading your house or paying for a trainer, but pretty much everything else should go into achieving those goals. Put together a bargain team at the beginning, say Bud, Ansel, Loren and the Rifle Savant.

Take out the easy targets (that won't be able to shoot back more than once--if at all) and do the early bounties and quests to get rifles and Combat Armor. Replace the Rifle Savant with Doyle before buying combat armor. Take out most the rest of the board (to taste--I let a few live) outside the Space Hulk in Kasey's Park and the Black Guardsmen and Black Gunner guarding the Mindmancer outside the fort on Marston Avenue.

Hire Ayden when everyone has Duraplate and you've all the cheapo early investments (outside maybe the Falth's as it costs Affection) and you've trained a combat slavegirl to fire a Coilgun reasonably well (~80). Doyle should already have one, hopefully from one of the recurring Ceilor Forest Raiders who take Stokke Hills periodically. Bud should have a Plasma gun, hopefully from a Tier-5 bounty (duck the Tier-6s) and you should have enough firepower to take out the Space Hulk's crew and get the German Caravans going and the guys guarding the Mindmancer.

There's other ways to do it, other combinations that work, but this one is cheap and effective enough. You'll have a friendly surplus and a crack team, especially once you get the Enhancements for the MC. I skip the metal eye, I find just keeping the board clear, doing one bounty and two Arena fights a day means you get to 100 Ranged Combat pretty quickly.
Ah now I see the problem, no wonder I was getting my ass handed to me, so everyone has to have a duraplate or at least a combat armor for the group to act like proper mercenaries. Thanks a lot for the guide, I'll be putting it to good use (y)

Reactions: Gunner Rey

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
It was a popular strategy a year ago when I started playing this game, especially for those who went for high INT strats. I, amongst others, showed how you could make a combat opening strategy work even for those with high INT builds that had a starting Ranged Combat of 30 and some do that now too.

You can average way more than 880/day by beating people up and taking their stuff. Jus' sayin'.
To me the titles are more important than the jobs. I want Rebecca for her skullduggery title, Mai Lynn for my Head Maid (and gardener), Caitlynn for Quartermaster. After that it varies quite a bit for me. I usually don't have anyone with high enough domestic to matter for pantry girl for awhile. Skullduggery, Head Maid, and Quartermaster I find really useful though.

Ioreth

Jan 29, 2022
Ansel is the best scavenger that I have found. He scavenges more than the two kids combined once his intelligence is at 60 (and it takes like 5 or 7 days to get his intelligence to 60 depending on RNG). I like the passive income. That can be achieved fairly quickly, and he pays for himself when you aren't actually using him. You can keep him employed the entire time without actually going on combat missions.

I trained Laika to 120 intelligence, but scavenging was never affected past 60. I assume Ansel doesn't get better past 60 either, but I don't know that for a fact.

I have been waiting for slave capture, so I have been just playing around trying to figure out how to become rich without combat or slaves or save scumming. So I have a bunch of games but I will probably scrap them all when the new version comes out.

When the new version comes out I will start over with a grimdark playthrough with no save scumming. In the end I think the no save scumming play through is the most interesting. The weird problems that can arise from not reloading can really create some interesting situations.
Talking about scavenging, does making them followers and going on a scavenge with them increase the amount of stuff you find?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Ngl I still have no idea how to make money via combat, hired Ayden and almost went bankrupt because of his upkeep and the amount of medicine I have to buy/use everytime I fight. Please teach me da wae sensei
Ayden is almost always my first pick for a top tier merc. He does the most damage initially and comes with great skills and duraplate so he also makes a great tank.

What I do is pick up Ansel, Peasant, Loren, and Rifle Savant on day 1 to do a few easy quests and bounties. I avoid any difficult fights on day 1 because Rifle Savant dies if someone so much as sneezes in his general direction. He has great aim though.

Day 2 I replace Rifle Savant and Peasant with Dexter and Doyle. If I haven't found enough rifles yet I will swipe Peasant's and give it to Ansel. With that group you can take on some slightly harder fights since Doyle is pretty good and you don't have anyone with less than 75 health anymore.

Once I unlock Crystal Hills I replace Ansel with Ayden. Now you can do tier 4 bounties and the regular random arena fights no problem with Ayden tanking and 1 shotting the toughest opponents.

If you do a bounty every day you can start seeing the tier 5 bounties on day 15. If you had bad luck on them initially you might have had to skip a few (doing a tier 4 on day 1 is usually a bad idea). When I see my first tier 5 I go pick up the Blackguard, replacing Loren. If you pick Felix or Space Marine before those 2 you will need to also buy them duraplate, so I like to save them for later. Ayden and Blackguard already have it.

That carries me through to day 35 when the first tier 6 bounties can start showing up, at which point I pick up Felix and Space marine and run with a full squad of top tiers. You also want to read enough medical books to get your medical skill to 40 before then because you WILL be losing people even with 4 top tiers when you do those tier 6 bounties. Doctor's kits allow you to patch them up without stat losses.

Duraplate is expensive so initially I just get combat armor for myself and 1 suit of weave for my slaves so I can rotate them into the easier fights to build some respect. Caitlyn can fix combat armor for free if you make her your quartermaster. She requires further training to fix duraplate so I usually wait a while to buy that for myself, but I do buy it for all of the top tier mercs. I don't bother for the lower tier mercs.

Ioreth

Jan 29, 2022
Ayden is almost always my first pick for a top tier merc. He does the most damage initially and comes with great skills and duraplate so he also makes a great tank.

What I do is pick up Ansel, Peasant, Loren, and Rifle Savant on day 1 to do a few easy quests and bounties. I avoid any difficult fights on day 1 because Rifle Savant dies if someone so much as sneezes in his general direction. He has great aim though.

Day 2 I replace Rifle Savant and Peasant with Dexter and Doyle. If I haven't found enough rifles yet I will swipe Peasant's and give it to Ansel. With that group you can take on some slightly harder fights since Doyle is pretty good and you don't have anyone with less than 75 health anymore.

Once I unlock Crystal Hills I replace Ansel with Ayden. Now you can do tier 4 bounties and the regular random arena fights no problem with Ayden tanking and 1 shotting the toughest opponents.

If you do a bounty every day you can start seeing the tier 5 bounties on day 15. If you had bad luck on them initially you might have had to skip a few (doing a tier 4 on day 1 is usually a bad idea). When I see my first tier 5 I go pick up the Blackguard, replacing Loren. If you pick Felix or Space Marine before those 2 you will need to also buy them duraplate, so I like to save them for later. Ayden and Blackguard already have it.

That carries me through to day 35 when the first tier 6 bounties can start showing up, at which point I pick up Felix and Space marine and run with a full squad of top tiers. You also want to read enough medical books to get your medical skill to 40 before then because you WILL be losing people even with 4 top tiers when you do those tier 6 bounties. Doctor's kits allow you to patch them up without stat losses.

Duraplate is expensive so initially I just get combat armor for myself and 1 suit of weave for my slaves so I can rotate them into the easier fights to build some respect. Caitlyn can fix combat armor for free if you make her your quartermaster. She requires further training to fix duraplate so I usually wait a while to buy that for myself, but I do buy it for all of the top tier mercs. I don't bother for the lower tier mercs.
Thanksss :love: I'll keep this in mind when I eventually get back to doing combat again, especially that medicine part. For future reference, what training does Cait need to be able to fix duraplate ?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Thanksss :love: I'll keep this in mind when I eventually get back to doing combat again, especially that medicine part. For future reference, what training does Cait need to be able to fix duraplate ?
She needs 80 science for that. You're probably going to give her science training anyway so she can be a full professor instead of just a lecturer. But she usually only starts with about 60.

Reactions: Ioreth

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I always go the Professor and crafting route. I always play on grimdark setting. The first thing I do is get the two kids and Ansel. Train all three of them to 60 intelligence and set them all to scavenging. They bring in 30 merchandise a day when they all have 60 intelligence (going beyond 60 intelligence adds nothing more). Then I can pretty much do whatever I want as they sustain everything.
I really should pay more attention to training up my mercs that I'm not using for combat anymore for scavenging/etc. I usually just stick Ansel on scavenger duty with zero training and forget about him. Probably a mistake. Same for the kids.

So many options. You can literally ignore slaves completely. Or completely ignore combat (well until you want to do the quests obviously).
Definitely. My last game I decided to hire zero mercs and only use slaves for anything. Made for an interesting start. Worked fine once I got going but combat was pretty rough initially with zero mercs. Salaries were cheap at least.

zaqwsxcde1

Mar 17, 2019
Here's how I generally start:- hire ancel,Loren,bud and slave Rebecca - 5 team .Try Westside quest from cloth store for free guns- sell/ purchase rifles for all of squad. Train ranged skill along with Rebecca for next 10-20 days. Each day upgrade your house,train,fight random raiders,raiders at stokehills( spawn in 2-3 days,u'll get notified after going to bed next day). Purchase skill books like charm, science to get a decent stat respectively. Remember,u can't do physical training if you're tired,so if u missed your training and eventually tied u can still read books( use 1$ coffee for Max gain).
Join professor Wolfe 1500/- cource from academy. learn till u get optimised stamina ability.
You start your day at 8 am, game count another dat @12am. Also u can continue till 6:45 am with the same date. I mean if u sleep before @6:45 am and wake up @8:00 am,it'll be the same day and from sleeping u replenish your max stamina that can achieved during a sleep cycle(1:15 hour sleep with all benefits).
Now with this trick at the end of 2 weeks(14th day) go town hall for 5 tier bounty (extreme). Replace ancel & Loren with Felix and unlockable fellow ( forgot his name,call him x)from tavern. Try to get a plasma weapon in first fight,give it to x,give X's magnetic rifle to Felix. Clear neighborhood,try reaching influence 1500 early as possible, I do it arround day 20 .
Once u get access to crystal island replace bud with Ayden,buy duraplate for u and stealth for Rebecca,upgrade Felix Armor to duraplate ( everything will cost u 50+). Register at arena.
Now u have a team with two plasma rifle,1 magnetic,1 rifle ( Rebecca) , allrounder mc. Daily wakeup,train,fight in arena,hunt down raiders- repeat & grind . You can earn 1 grand+ from arena+ 5 tier bounty+ clearing grouped enemies at stokehills.
Try to maximize charm, dominance when comes to training slaves- breaking their will. Buy aria ( very good combat stat), remind her everyday what she's worth( daily -4 willpower). Replace Felix with her. U'll only spend 700$ for two mercs @ end of 30 days.
Once her willpower broken or your relationship is loving marry her. Everyday train strength and melle with your wife aria& slave Rebecca for 80$ each season.
This is how I generally spend my first 40-50 days speed running things. My goal was to get that costly endgame mansion,invest in all possible businesses,have all slaves from markets n quests, complete all possible quests before 100 days. I achieved that in 98 days with a child( faster pregnancy surgery). I generally ignore crafting,hunting, medicine and solely focus on combat for much better reward.

Last edited:

SoMe-1

Jun 27, 2017
Hi Guys, quick question. I progressed through saving Aria's buddies, but after returning I accidentally left the conversation with her without progressing. Now if I talk to her, I can't have the conversation anymore. Any way of fixing that and still progressing?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Hello, how can i capture a female slave in combat? They often die after combat.
Keep in mind that most of the females in combat have low health and little to no armor. So you can 1 shot them with a rifle. I don't risk it. I never hit them with anything other than a whipping cane. With a power attack you can usually take them from full health to captured in 2 hits with a cane anyway. With just about anything else you might kill them.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Have anyone used the "send to the academy" options for your slaves?

Assuming she is leaving a 25$ job we have, per month

30*25(not earned)+30*30=1650$ of montly cost.

And you get, if the wiki it´s right, in the Science Academy or the Knowledge

60 points of influence
1.5 points in Science///2.4 points of Academic
.9 points in Academic///0.3 points of Science
.9 points in Discipline
.6 points of Intelligence///1.2 points of inteligence
.3 points of Willpower///0.15 points of willpower.

Seems pretty awful to me.

Mind you, it´s awful but not unrealistic. If you think in years time, it´s fine. But if you think in terms of the usual length of a gameplay, it´s quite useless

Or I have misunderstood something?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017

60 points of influence
.9 points in Discipline

Mind you, it´s awful but not unrealistic. If you think in years time, it´s fine. But if you think in terms of the usual length of a gameplay, it´s quite useless

You're better off home schooling for science/academics. The ones that are potentially worth it IMO are sending Mai Lynn off to cap her gardening or sending pretty much anyone to dance school for discipline/dance/performance. Basically if it can be home schooled, it's better to do that. If it can't then you don't really have any other options.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018

60 points of influence
.9 points in Discipline

Some play a run a thousand days or more. It's a way to trade money which you can have plenty of if you've even a basic economic strategy for more training for your girls.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Some play a run a thousand days or more. It's a way to trade money which you can have plenty of if you've even a basic economic strategy for more training for your girls.
I think that's kind of the minimum amount of time needed to make significant progress in some aspects of the game. I tend to start over long before that but eventually I'll manage to get a long play through going.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Just some questions about the tier2 version.

If I have not misunderstood it, you need to get a subscribestar//Patreon 5$ tier and you get access to an HTML that enables some features:

The Tier2+ ($5) version of MoR offers a quest that details the whereabouts and events surrounding your brother, who mysteriously vanished before leaving his mansion to you. This is one of the main quests in Masters of Raana and offers, among other things, a good starting weapon (an ancient Colt .45 Peacemaker) and the possibility to establish a Great House.
What I´m interested about it´s the feature of "establish a Great House". It´s a feature that it´s well developed and gives you access to some sort of political game or it´s still a WIP with just some broad strokes? I have seen some screenshots that hints in this direction, but I don´t know if they are screenshots from 8.2 or screenshots from the tier 2

I believe that the future of this game it´s not more slaves or more quest or more " adventurer" features, but making way to the player being a major faction in Raana politics.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes