kiljaeden

Jun 2, 2019
Picked up the game a couple of days ago, and overall, I think it's awesome.

But holy shit the grind. Is there a way to boost the money we acquire and the rate at which slaves learn skills?

After making some investments (and having the Skullduggerist slave with the title active), I'm only now getting close to getting 100k money and I'm looking at:

- An investment opportunity priced at 75k (Roo's)
- An investment opportunity priced at 200k (Walton's)
- The swamp camp asking me for 150k
- Aimee's final upgrades (75k? More?)
- The surgical implant that allows me to not have to stop training the slaves sexually after ejaculating (priced 125k)
- Getting the additional building to be able to house more slaves (priced over 200k)

I'm trying to train a girl to sell her in the hunt building (Project Hyperion), but the rate at which each skill is learned is painfully slow.

I'm somewhat close to selling the second girl to the Docks tavernmaster (first I trained Mae and sold her, now I'm selling Piper that comes almost ready from Devious Devices).

I like the concept of the game and the story so far is interesting and far more engaging than I thought it'd be. But holy shit, this grind.

Any way to alleviate it?
you will regret selling Piper because she will get a quest in the future like other unique slaves.

Ka1tzer

Jan 12, 2023
you will regret selling Piper because she will get a quest in the future like other unique slaves.
Haven't sold her yet, but am preparing for it. The unique ones I sold (on account of needing space) were Mae, Juno and the Japanese girl that is the tag-along of one of the initial 3 bounties.

Ka1tzer

Jan 12, 2023
You can always just edit your save file or edit the html file. I always give myself unlimited servant actions and reduce the time cost for training the NPCs. I don't mind grinding most stats, but the grinding for the servants is especially brutal
I'm not sure how to do that, but I'll look into it. The cycle of doing the same thing over and over and relying on RNG to get very small incremental results becomes old real fast

kiljaeden

Jun 2, 2019
Haven't sold her yet, but am preparing for it. The unique ones I sold (on account of needing space) were Mae, Juno and the Japanese girl that is the tag-along of one of the initial 3 bounties.
Juno too, will get her quest. The Japanese girl is safe to sell I think. I sold her too.

MornarUruloki

Oct 21, 2018
Picked up the game a couple of days ago, and overall, I think it's awesome.

But holy shit the grind. Is there a way to boost the money we acquire and the rate at which slaves learn skills?

After making some investments (and having the Skullduggerist slave with the title active), I'm only now getting close to getting 100k money and I'm looking at:

- An investment opportunity priced at 75k (Roo's)
- An investment opportunity priced at 200k (Walton's)
- The swamp camp asking me for 150k
- Aimee's final upgrades (75k? More?)
- The surgical implant that allows me to not have to stop training the slaves sexually after ejaculating (priced 125k)
- Getting the additional building to be able to house more slaves (priced over 200k)

I'm trying to train a girl to sell her in the hunt building (Project Hyperion), but the rate at which each skill is learned is painfully slow.

I'm somewhat close to selling the second girl to the Docks tavernmaster (first I trained Mae and sold her, now I'm selling Piper that comes almost ready from Devious Devices).

I like the concept of the game and the story so far is interesting and far more engaging than I thought it'd be. But holy shit, this grind.

Any way to alleviate it?
I think You see this in wrong way. I mean, You train slaves to sell them for money, right? There is this other slave trainer game, but you can train slaves there really easy and put them to work, which in just 50-60'ish ingame days make you rich. After that I (maybe it's just me) found that game boring. There was no reason for training new slaves if I already earned a lot and had no new things to buy AND as I said training was easy, no challenge there.
But here on Raana, investments make you just afloat and you need to earn cash other way, by training slaves, tracking down bounties, crafting and selling goods. In my humble opinion those exact mechanics and balance of Masters of Raana is what makes this game so great.

Kavalor

Jan 29, 2021
Yeah unfortunately a substantial subsection of people playing it are harem builders, who just want to collect as many slaves as possible.

Reactions: JaxMan

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
0.8.3 update!

Hello! I posted this on Patreon/SSA today but thought I'd share it here too:

-----

Alright guys. This is going to be a long post but it details some massive changes coming in 0.8.3 - changes I originally hoped could wait for MoR 2.

The thing is, as I've been working on the household stuff for the last couple of months, MoR's limited slave slot framework has grown to an almost unclimbable obstacle. Moving around slaves for interactions, having different engines for different NPCs and the limited useability of The Retreat have all just been emergency solutions to add more content without any real planning. The structure of MoR has now reached a point where it's no longer feasible to continue patching it.

I've therefore decided to perform a complete tech overhaul that stores NPCs in object containers instead. This opens up a completely new set of possibilities that'll turn MoR into an even richer and immersive experience than what it is today.

The overhaul will be save-game compatible so there's no need to stop playing while waiting for the new stuff to hit the streets. Also, it doesn't touch the MC, factions, combat or current political frameworks.

I've posted a ton of cool previews on our Discord as the overhaul is way too massive to encompass in a single post. Head over there if you want more details or discuss all the new stuff!

Here's a "short" list of what this overhaul entails:

• Wife, NPCs, slaves and the Arena slot are getting merged into the same framework, giving all interactable characters (now referred to as "NPCs") access to the same type of engine - which is the old Slave Menu framework (screenshot 1-4).
  • A lot of Issid and Wife material will be moved over to the current interaction framework and used there, such as old jobs (screenshot 3).
  • All job assignments and titles are open for all NPCs - form a crew of scavenger slaves, make Rebecca your guard, or appoint Lovisa as an accountant. Bud wouldn't mind working in the clothing store, nor would it be impossible to make Dexter your gardener.
  • NPC cap increased to 80.
  • You can now move around and categorize NPCs – and even rename the Menu pages (screenshot 2).
  • You can freely interact with any NPC by just clicking on his or her Interact button (the white head in screenshot 4), regardless of her position in the menu.
  • You can easily add and remove NPCs to your Follower group by clicking on the shield button next to his/her Interact button.
  • NPCs will appear on the battlefield in the order you assigned them.
  • There are no limits to the number of wives you can have (other than religious limitations).
  • All women can become pregnant and birth an almost unlimited number of offspring. Daughters will be generated in the random slave framework and directly added to your household. There will also be a male framework for sons.
Instead of using different engines/slots, NPCs have a *status* that can be changed based on interactions/events:

• Instead of using different engines/slots, NPCs have a status that can be changed based on interactions/events:
  • Convict (Rebecca/combat captives): Can be executed and horribly abused without any legal repercussions.
  • Slave (Lovisa, Amelia, etc.): Same as all "slaves" are in 0.8.2.2. Legal property of a Master. Has some basic rights but can be freely abused.
  • Servant (Laika, Loden): A lower form of Issid. Free in a legal sense but resembles a slave in many ways. "Strip!" commands and other rough acts will have worse consequences in Affection, Happiness, etc, than with slaves/gritters.
  • Mercenary (Enya, Loren, Doyle): A free and proud NPC. Certain actions such as "Brute Force Bondage" have been limited/disabled, or could result in a combat encounter if Affection and/or Corruption is low. "Strip!" commands could also make them aggressive or cause an NPC to immediately leave your household.
  • Hero (Ayden, Felix): An even prouder NPC. Certain actions are blocked until you reach an Affection threshold.
  • Friend (Ansel?): A slave-servant-mercenary hybrid that is often scripted.
  • Family: Sons, daughters, brothers, etc.
  • Wife: Unlocks special interactions (old Wife texts) and special titles. Has access to all "lower" engines.
  • You can decide to Free a slave from her bonds (not dismiss), which will give her the "Servant" status instead. You can also elevate old slaves, or current servants, to "Friend", and they can potentially become Heroes if they have the right combination of skills and personality. Heroes generate daily Influence, like Felix and Ayden are doing in 0.8.2.2.
  • You can now have several bondage sessions based on how many stools/racks you own.
  • Female Issids (Enya, Loren, etc) will get full wardrobes and a medium sex scene library (last screenshots).
  • Female Issids can be molded down and turned into slaves (Loren, last screenshot). This offers a new and challenging way of creating slaves.
Roaming NPCs
Random slaves will be deleted once sold/freed, but story slaves return to their roaming position if you unassign them from your household - just like Issids do now. Lovisa ends up as a maid somewhere, Juno heads back to her grove and Michelle tries to live her life in the apartment in Whitehaven.
  • All roaming NPCs can be reassigned to your household.
  • Releasing a story NPC (story slaves and all current Issids) will free up his/her slot in your household.
  • Roaming NPCs will go on living their lives - aging, heal wounds, etc.
  • This means you could, theoretically, have 80 random slaves in your household and 35 story NPCs out on the map waiting to return to your household.
Release date
As I've been working on this feature secretly for the last month or two, most frameworks are already integrated and working. What remains are the offspring generator, a lot of npc.sex checkers (he/she) and old Issid text integrations.

There will be a non-save game compatible pre-Alpha release in a couple of weeks and hopefully a real Alpha (Tier4+) ready in a month. That Alpha will also have the basic household yard stuff (legacy locations, stables, workshops, training grounds and gardens).

SCREENSHOTS:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

lurkathon

Donor
Jan 2, 2020
Some nice QoL changes there and I guess the increase in slave cap might be somewhat popular :p
The slave status idea is very interesting... maybe I'll actually hire a male like Ayden and make him pantry girl for lols, or try to marry my old mate Loren... so many possibilities :cool:

Reactions: GD-studios

Fauno36

May 26, 2023
0.8.3 update!

-----

Release date
As I've been working on this feature secretly for the last month or two, most frameworks are already integrated and working. What remains are the offspring generator, a lot of npc.sex checkers (he/she) and old Issid text integrations.

There will be a non-save game compatible pre-Alpha release in a couple of weeks and hopefully a real Alpha (Tier4+) ready in a month. That Alpha will also have the basic household yard stuff (legacy locations, stables, workshops, training grounds and gardens).

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :p:p:p:p

Bell Lance

Oct 26, 2023
You can always just edit your save file or edit the html file. I always give myself unlimited servant actions and reduce the time cost for training the NPCs. I don't mind grinding most stats, but the grinding for the servants is especially brutal
How? For unlimited servant action

kiljaeden

Jun 2, 2019
0.8.3 update!

-----

Alright guys. This is going to be a long post but it details some massive changes coming in 0.8.3 - changes I originally hoped could wait for MoR 2.

The thing is, as I've been working on the household stuff for the last couple of months, MoR's limited slave slot framework has grown to an almost unclimbable obstacle. Moving around slaves for interactions, having different engines for different NPCs and the limited useability of The Retreat have all just been emergency solutions to add more content without any real planning. The structure of MoR has now reached a point where it's no longer feasible to continue patching it.

I've therefore decided to perform a complete tech overhaul that stores NPCs in object containers instead. This opens up a completely new set of possibilities that'll turn MoR into an even richer and immersive experience than what it is today.

The overhaul will be save-game compatible so there's no need to stop playing while waiting for the new stuff to hit the streets. Also, it doesn't touch the MC, factions, combat or current political frameworks.

I've posted a ton of cool previews on our Discord as the overhaul is way too massive to encompass in a single post. Head over there if you want more details or discuss all the new stuff!

Here's a "short" list of what this overhaul entails:

• Wife, NPCs, slaves and the Arena slot are getting merged into the same framework, giving all interactable characters (now referred to as "NPCs") access to the same type of engine - which is the old Slave Menu framework (screenshot 1-4).
  • A lot of Issid and Wife material will be moved over to the current interaction framework and used there, such as old jobs (screenshot 3).
  • All job assignments and titles are open for all NPCs - form a crew of scavenger slaves, make Rebecca your guard, or appoint Lovisa as an accountant. Bud wouldn't mind working in the clothing store, nor would it be impossible to make Dexter your gardener.
  • NPC cap increased to 80.
  • You can now move around and categorize NPCs – and even rename the Menu pages (screenshot 2).
  • You can freely interact with any NPC by just clicking on his or her Interact button (the white head in screenshot 4), regardless of her position in the menu.
  • You can easily add and remove NPCs to your Follower group by clicking on the shield button next to his/her Interact button.
  • NPCs will appear on the battlefield in the order you assigned them.
  • There are no limits to the number of wives you can have (other than religious limitations).
  • All women can become pregnant and birth an almost unlimited number of offspring. Daughters will be generated in the random slave framework and directly added to your household. There will also be a male framework for sons.
Instead of using different engines/slots, NPCs have a *status* that can be changed based on interactions/events:

• Instead of using different engines/slots, NPCs have a status that can be changed based on interactions/events:
  • Convict (Rebecca/combat captives): Can be executed and horribly abused without any legal repercussions.
  • Slave (Lovisa, Amelia, etc.): Same as all "slaves" are in 0.8.2.2. Legal property of a Master. Has some basic rights but can be freely abused.
  • Servant (Laika, Loden): A lower form of Issid. Free in a legal sense but resembles a slave in many ways. "Strip!" commands and other rough acts will have worse consequences in Affection, Happiness, etc, than with slaves/gritters.
  • Mercenary (Enya, Loren, Doyle): A free and proud NPC. Certain actions such as "Brute Force Bondage" have been limited/disabled, or could result in a combat encounter if Affection and/or Corruption is low. "Strip!" commands could also make them aggressive or cause an NPC to immediately leave your household.
  • Hero (Ayden, Felix): An even prouder NPC. Certain actions are blocked until you reach an Affection threshold.
  • Friend (Ansel?): A slave-servant-mercenary hybrid that is often scripted.
  • Family: Sons, daughters, brothers, etc.
  • Wife: Unlocks special interactions (old Wife texts) and special titles. Has access to all "lower" engines.
  • You can decide to Free a slave from her bonds (not dismiss), which will give her the "Servant" status instead. You can also elevate old slaves, or current servants, to "Friend", and they can potentially become Heroes if they have the right combination of skills and personality. Heroes generate daily Influence, like Felix and Ayden are doing in 0.8.2.2.
  • You can now have several bondage sessions based on how many stools/racks you own.
  • Female Issids (Enya, Loren, etc) will get full wardrobes and a medium sex scene library (last screenshots).
  • Female Issids can be molded down and turned into slaves (Loren, last screenshot). This offers a new and challenging way of creating slaves.
Roaming NPCs
Random slaves will be deleted once sold/freed, but story slaves return to their roaming position if you unassign them from your household - just like Issids do now. Lovisa ends up as a maid somewhere, Juno heads back to her grove and Michelle tries to live her life in the apartment in Whitehaven.
  • All roaming NPCs can be reassigned to your household.
  • Releasing a story NPC (story slaves and all current Issids) will free up his/her slot in your household.
  • Roaming NPCs will go on living their lives - aging, heal wounds, etc.
  • This means you could, theoretically, have 80 random slaves in your household and 35 story NPCs out on the map waiting to return to your household.
Release date

SCREENSHOTS:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I wish you add some sort of system to the game so all these people in the house can have fun with each other randomly if the player lets them. Basically creating a militaristic sex cult. I love lesbian stuff so I'm totally okay with it. I would also share prostitute class (the ones who aren't part of the harem) with male mercs. Nobody can satisfy all these slaves, mercs, wives etc. Especially if some of them are nymphos like Eliana which is always unhappy in my games because I don't have time for her. We are talking about 80 people here.

Reactions: msor and Gunner Rey

Ka1tzer

Jan 12, 2023
I think You see this in wrong way. I mean, You train slaves to sell them for money, right? There is this other slave trainer game, but you can train slaves there really easy and put them to work, which in just 50-60'ish ingame days make you rich. After that I (maybe it's just me) found that game boring. There was no reason for training new slaves if I already earned a lot and had no new things to buy AND as I said training was easy, no challenge there.
But here on Raana, investments make you just afloat and you need to earn cash other way, by training slaves, tracking down bounties, crafting and selling goods. In my humble opinion those exact mechanics and balance of Masters of Raana is what makes this game so great.
Haha, I too would like to make a gigantic slave harem, but I sold the ones I did because I really needed the space, and they all had something to them that made them more challenging than it was worth.

For Juno, her willpower was very high, for Mae it was that I asked about her background and there was nothing there (maybe in the future) and plus she was a bitch that conned Ansel (regardless of him being an idiot) and tried the same with me once I went to get satisfaction from her crew. The japanese lady had very high willpower but also very low beauty stats (and that can't be trained, only improved with plastic surgery).

Now, I just read today's post made by the dev, and... damm. Looks like space isn't really going to be a problem in the near(?) future. Still, nothing mentioned about the grind. I get that the challenge disappears without it, but I also think that the way it is now is just too much (especially since actions deplete stamina VERY quickly).

It seems like I'll be able to reacquire them somehow? Mae I sold to the Dockgrave master, so she'll probably be a whore in the Velvet Room. Hopefully I can get her there. The japanese lady and Juno I sold at crystal heights slave auction. Maybe there's a way to reacquire them? They weren't freed, so I'm not sure if they'd just become roaming NPCs (but it'd be great if they did).

Reactions: Hans98

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Training stamina does help, but eventually it's the amount of time in a day that limits you.

Ive got a lot of material processing to do, and for some reason I can't make slaves do it.

I need to train like three different people to shoot, and one to melee

As is, the current Issid combat training seems easier than slave combat training. Maybe it just fails less? Or it's less clicks?

With issids, you can just click 'go again' buy with slaves you do it thru a personal training menu and have to reselect the skill to train, and to bring the slave with you.

I don't even bother with training of domestic skills like dance or acrobatics, it doesn't seem to do anything.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes