GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I took a couple months away from this game to let things develop a bit before coming back to it and I have to say, I am very disappointed that the scaling issues that cause the left side to be cut off on smaller screens are still present. I had hoped that would be fixed by now. I guess I'll have to check back in another few months.
Are you playing on Android or on a smaller laptop?

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
How do you train someone with 0 happiness? I cant talk because all charm attempt failed. Do you have to grind your charm stat to 100 so you can play the game?
You've obviously abused her in unspeakable ways, and getting her out from such a state is very hard. But here's a guide that might help you:

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Here's my android compatible tweak.

Just did the bare minimum to get it working and made no effort to prettify it. But works well for me!
I appreciate it, but I already had my own tweaks for fixing the issue. I just can't be bothered to reapply them with every release anymore, not when I don't have to do this for any other HTML game. My problem is more that I brought the issue up with GrimDark back in December, they said they'd look into it, and it's been been about three months since then with no improvement. The content-side of the game has gotten a lot, though, so that's fantastic, Grim's really put a huge amount of effort in this game and deserves credit.

Huezavr

Oct 19, 2018
Very promising game, with big potential. But...
Owerall gameplay is dissapointing, with constant failing at rolls, with all misses at combat, etc. And too much grind. There is alot to balance in the future versions.

Reactions: vsd29 and sonolfal

Donovas66

Jan 21, 2022
Owerall gameplay is dissapointing, with constant failing at rolls, with all misses at combat, etc. And too much grind. There is alot to balance in the future versions.
It's called a game lol

You have to get better to improve your success chances. You kids are so spoiled these days.

I think the game is a bit too easy tbh, but I love the new difficulty settings in the alpha version.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
It's called a game lol

You have to get better to improve your success chances. You kids are so spoiled these days.

I think the game is a bit too easy tbh, but I love the new difficulty settings in the alpha version.
It depends on if the gameplay is fun though, like elden ring has fun combat and you can learn and improve, this is just pure rng you click a button and you either win or lose, there's no "gameplay" to it so any losing is just wasting time there's nothing to learn.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
What dice roll settings are you using?

And, as mentioned before, Sandbox mode is probably something you should consider if you want an easier playthrough. The difficulty setting is a 0.7.8.1 feature and I'll post an update on this here after sorting out some final stuff with the initial release.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Version 0.7.8.1 has been released!

This is a general hotfix with a few gameplay additions. No need to patch. Just download and replace your Masters of Raana directory with the content of this folder.

New difficulty levels

This update introduces a set of new difficulty levels that you'll be able to select at character creation.

• Sandbox difficulty adds a bonus to (almost) all dice rolls, a retainer (+50 dollars/day), and decreases enemy damage output in combat.
  • Normal difficulty - no changes. Original Masters of Raana.
  • Grimdark difficulty is for those who want to experience how Raana really is, without increasing the grind. This means double tax/maintenance (need to plan the expansion of your household better), lower starting cash, no save except the daily autosave and a few other tweaks.
  • As of now, you can freely change between difficulty levels in the options menu. This might change after we've refined the system further. Note that changing between difficulty levels midgame will not break anything, so go ahead and test this system as much as you want.

Gameplay changes

• Added volume controls (Options Menu).
  • Several gameplay tweaks and balancing issues fixed (raising Corruption too fast, Happiness bonuses increased and other minor changes).
Art

• 14 new bondage scenes for Lovisa.
  • 4 new sex scenes for Lovisa (doggystyle, anal sex).
  • 7 new bondage scenes for Juno (the rack).

Bug fixes

• Fixed a bug that would let you spank/whip a slave that was strapped to the dildo chair.
  • Fixed a bug that would screw up shower dialogues if a slave had asked if you'd like her to join you.
  • Removed a leftover testing bonus passage that made anal hooking hugely overpowered during bondage sessions.
  • Fixed a bug that would display "_aff" instead of Affection while viewing a slave in the annex.
  • Fixed a bug that would throw an error while talking dirty to a slave trapped in bondage.
  • Fixed a bug that made the "Temple of Doom" quest log remain in your Journal after the quest had been completed.
  • Many grammar corrections, fixed typos and rewritten texts.

Joker_Ace

Aug 1, 2017
I just want to play this game since it released, how is the cropped screen on android not fixed yet. It has been a year

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I just want to play this game since it released, how is the cropped screen on android not fixed yet. It has been a year
Haha, a year? MoR didn't even exist a year ago. :D

The scaling problem surfaced maybe three-four months ago, and after making a couple of unsuccessful attempts (mainly because I don't own a good-enough tablet to use as reference), I got the impression people could manually fix this by using the browser zoom function. So I shelved it for the time being as I had to focus on other stuff. But it's still on the list. I'll get there, even if it demands a complete restructure of the CSS code.

• Haha
Reactions: ash and Joker_Ace

sinrtb

Nov 4, 2017
This raised point, is a valid one. No slave, in a society wherein slavery is legal, normal etc etc; is going to deny their "master". Just is not going to be done. Why? Simple. The Master lines up 3 or 4 slaves, or more, then makes a demand of any one of them. Pick one, pick the demand. they decline? Execute them on the spot. Guarantee, none of the rest will decline. Look at 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th century history. Slaves simply, do not tell their master "no". Now, they will plot then, they will organize to the extent possible. They will revolt if possible. But, they will not, in a one on one scenario, say no. Even if the "Master"is 12 and the slave is 25 and could easily overpower the "Master". The master has but to yell out, GUARDS!; and the slave is not going to over power them.
100% agree unless the request was worse then death or the severe beatings they would receive then the slave would comply in almost all cases with very few being denied. The master doesn't need to yell for guard's, if the master dies ALL are put on the chopping block.
This is a common failing I see, in slave games. No doubt, because programming and coding the subtle bits of subterfuge and conniving, would be in fact, gawd awfully difficult. MUCH simpler, to create a "failed command" check for the Master.
just replace the slave denying the command with Slave revolts, slave escapes etc... this isn't hard at all it is just a percentage chance in the background that while you sleep the slaves do something to show their displeasure.

dlombu

Mar 25, 2017
Been playing this game for the past couple of days. Good but grindy. I can see little references to Free Cities here and there. Very good sign. If this ever gets as half as good as Free Cities it'll be fantastic.

A couple of requests:

I'd like an option to make a slavegirl call her master "Owner".

I'd also like an optional rule to keep a slavegirl permanently naked (maybe with auto-equipping armor for battles), and some development around events and reactions regarding that rule. Girls with low affection and happiness should lose even more affection and happiness, and most likely outright refuse. Girls with high affection and happiness should reluctantly and unhappily grin and bare it, so to speak. Girls with very high corruption should embrace the humiliation. Having a girl following you around town wearing nothing but her slave collar and heels should be super humiliating for her and be an effective display of her obedience and your ability as a trainer. It should be a psychological landmark so to speak, contrasting where she started as a free woman, to where she is now being displayed so publicly as property at someone else's command. People around town should have reaction events to you showing up with a naked slavegirl in tow.

Aeriys

Apr 23, 2017
why is there a capacity for slaves
That's my main gripe with the game as well...
I'm hoping that with the recent addition of the annex, its capacity will be increased soon. Could even be a difficulty setting you select at game start.

Nov 21, 2017
What influences what "focus" is shown under education in the slave menu?

When I trained Runo for Dancing and agility it showed academics. On a new game I train her in science and it shows acrobatics.

Barbatus1

Sep 28, 2017
Haha, a year? MoR didn't even exist a year ago. :D

The scaling problem surfaced maybe three-four months ago, and after making a couple of unsuccessful attempts (mainly because I don't own a good-enough tablet to use as reference), I got the impression people could manually fix this by using the browser zoom function. So I shelved it for the time being as I had to focus on other stuff. But it's still on the list. I'll get there, even if it demands a complete restructure of the CSS code.
Yes pls. It's still an issue, browser zoom doesn't fix it. Game definitely looks promising but I can't play it with this issue.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
100% agree unless the request was worse then death or the severe beatings they would receive then the slave would comply in almost all cases with very few being denied. The master doesn't need to yell for guard's, if the master dies ALL are put on the chopping block.

just replace the slave denying the command with Slave revolts, slave escapes etc... this isn't hard at all it is just a percentage chance in the background that while you sleep the slaves do something to show their displeasure.
Given that some of the Girls in the stable aren't even official slaves I don't think that work like this

Reactions: GD-studios

Spiny Norman

Jul 21, 2021
If anyone has some advice for me I would appreciate it. I am working on Rebecca and getting nowhere.
Can I raise her affection while her Willpower is high?
If not, how do I reduce her willpower?

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes