UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Minor Bug report:
When setting to block NSFW pictures, teaching Lovisa domestic skills still showed her topless at the table.

Spiny Norman

Jul 21, 2021
Quick question:
Is there a trick to getting the girls to stay in whatever outfit you choose for them?
I keep putting one in the string bikini and the next time I click on her she is back in casual clothes. I need to burn those things!

Thanks For being so responsive, Dev. Love the game. I think it’s getting better all the time.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Quick question:
Is there a trick to getting the girls to stay in whatever outfit you choose for them?
I keep putting one in the string bikini and the next time I click on her she is back in casual clothes. I need to burn those things!

Thanks For being so responsive, Dev. Love the game. I think it’s getting better all the time.
Thank you! :)

They will remain in lewd outfits if their Corruption is on the higher side, OR if their WILLPOWER is below 10.

Reactions: Spiny Norman

Foobert

Oct 16, 2017
Subject of NSFW blocking, it also blocks the text telling you how aroused your partner is during sex scenes. Makes it harder to tell if she's having a good time or not.

I can still judge things from the main description, so there's no urgency, but it would be nice to have that back at some point.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Here's the latest public post on my SSA page, including some pre-alpha screenshots of the arena.

Reactions: UnDeaD_CyBorG

mostlylurk

Nov 16, 2018
I really like the setting and the overall game, and how instead of spending a bazillion hours in overly complicated stuff no one cares about the GUI and overall game is practical while still engaging through the mechanics. The setting, the mood, the world, they're all very interesting, as well as the MC personalisation elements

My only criticism is that at certain point history continuity breaks by having all characters fall under the same "slave" mechanics, particularly those you save and then invite to live with you. It really feels like stepping on someone else's savegame

Following that, and this goes from criticism of whats in there and more into "wish list", some more attention to an "secret anti slavery" route would be nice. Say, the MC doesn't really believe in slavery yet he knows he can do more by keeping appereances but inside the house he prefer to think of the slaves as workers/followers/companions

Mehcanisc would be pretty much the same outside the household, only there you would have the two distinct categories of interactions

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I really like the setting and the overall game, and how instead of spending a bazillion hours in overly complicated stuff no one cares about the GUI and overall game is practical while still engaging through the mechanics. The setting, the mood, the world, they're all very interesting, as well as the MC personalisation elements

My only criticism is that at certain point history continuity breaks by having all characters fall under the same "slave" mechanics, particularly those you save and then invite to live with you. It really feels like stepping on someone else's savegame

Following that, and this goes from criticism of whats in there and more into "wish list", some more attention to an "secret anti slavery" route would be nice. Say, the MC doesn't really believe in slavery yet he knows he can do more by keeping appereances but inside the house he prefer to think of the slaves as workers/followers/companions

Mehcanisc would be pretty much the same outside the household, only there you would have the two distinct categories of interactions
Thank you!

The 0.8 update (due out in May) will add a uniqueness to slaves (through a new type of Trait system) that'll hopefully address your first point.

Are you referring to the MC calling his slaves... "slaves"? You're already set with enough tools to treat your girls as wifus or "buddies". But I guess you'd like to see a shift in dialogues as well?

There will be a revamp of the "set her free" engine that's already implemented but without any effects - as of the 0.7.8.1 update. You'll also be able to build/purchase apartments to house girls more independently, and increase the cap of "wifes" under your control.

Spiny Norman

Jul 21, 2021
Thank you!

The 0.8 update (due out in May) will add a uniqueness to slaves (through a new type of Trait system) that'll hopefully address your first point.

Are you referring to the MC calling his slaves... "slaves"? You're already set with enough tools to treat your girls as wifus or "buddies". But I guess you'd like to see a shift in dialogues as well?

There will be a revamp of the "set her free" engine that's already implemented but without any effects - as of the 0.7.8.1 update. You'll also be able to build/purchase apartments to house girls more independently, and increase the cap of "wifes" under your control.
One “Like” is not enough for this.
I planned on playing through this game as a mean guy who would break the slaves and then sell them off as they cried or whatever, but that shit fell apart almost instantly. The writing is just too good. Now I can’t bring myself to get rid of any of them. (I actually give a shit whether or not Rebecca likes me.) So there are a bunch I don’t have.
Am I supposed to be able to interact and do stuff with them when they are in the annex? I have one girl there, but I can only view her stats or swap her out. The interaction buttons are greyed out.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
One “Like” is not enough for this.
I planned on playing through this game as a mean guy who would break the slaves and then sell them off as they cried or whatever, but that shit fell apart almost instantly. The writing is just too good. Now I can’t bring myself to get rid of any of them. (I actually give a shit whether or not Rebecca likes me.) So there are a bunch I don’t have.
Am I supposed to be able to interact and do stuff with them when they are in the annex? I have one girl there, but I can only view her stats or swap her out. The interaction buttons are greyed out.
Perfect. The slaves work as intended then. :D

The annex interactions are still WIP. I've focused almost entirely on expanding the world after MoR was released so the slavery part is terribly neglected in my own opinion.

That is something the 0.8.1 - 0.8.9 updates will hopefully remedy; traits that distinguish your slaves, more interactions, additional events/activities, more personal dialogues and completing all the slave quests (just to mention a few of the many planned features that lies ahead). I also intend to work harder on filling up all the missing WIP interaction pics throughout the 0.8.X branch.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Just some comments suggestions and observations. I've played this the last few days putting in a number of hours.

I noticed the weights for some of the females that I've looked at are odd. Piper is 5'10" and weighs 103 lbs. She would be skeletal at that height/weight. From her picture she looks solid with large breasts, 160 lbs would be more reasonable. Same with Michelle at 5'7" and 106 lbs. Her build in game look is more around 130 lbs. The other two that I looked at (Lovisa and Juno) seem fine at 5'3/103lbs and 5'3"/117, respectively.

In combat there is no way to disengage. A suggestion: have that option which would allow you to leave after realizing you aren't going to win. Give the enemies one free shot and then you are out of combat. Also, is it possible to add an action to use a tendstim to heal during combat?

Can you add a way to switch which female is in the top position? I've run into several incidences where I wanted to drop off a slave to work only to see that the one I wanted wasn't at the top and had to go back home to swap them. Adding the switch arrow so it works in town, the academy or shops would be very user friendly. Or as option, recognize both slaves and you pick which one for work assignment or classes.

Weapon balance seems off to me. There is no reason to use any other weapon than rifle or assault rifle, the others are pointless and only trash loot. Even then the assault rifle is problematic. It uses to much ammo and ammo is expensive and you tend to miss a lot. Also, assault rifles tend to have a burst mode that is 3 rounds, not 6.

Now, if you add an extra distance in combat (melee, mid, long) and at melee range you could make the rifle and assault rifle unusable and have to switch to another weapon (also something to add to combat). At that range you can use any melee weapon, of course, but the pistol and shotgun too. To make the crossbow a little more useful, increase damage to, say, 12/18 and it bypasses armor. Not terribly realistic, but gives it some use against heavy armored opponents. Not sure how you derive crits, but maybe give the xbow a higher crit value, too.

You could add bonus/malus values to each weapon, as well. Assault rifle has malus to range attack due to recoil. Rifle has negative malus at mid range. Pistol has no bonus to mid range and bonus at melee range and malus at long range, etc. Small numbers to add or subtract to hit values.

Just some suggestions. Not sure you can program any of this or how difficult it would be if you can or if my ideas even interest you.

• Red Heart
Reactions: jsmith27x

jsmith27x

Apr 28, 2021
In combat there is no way to disengage. A suggestion: have that option which would allow you to leave after realizing you aren't going to win. Give the enemies one free shot and then you are out of combat.
That was one of my main gripes too. I hate that I have to click 35 more mouse clicks to get through a hopeless battle, including being required to choose which exact target I plan to have my character miss.

Reactions: cuchulin and JaxMan

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Just some comments suggestions and observations. I've played this the last few days putting in a number of hours.

I noticed the weights for some of the females that I've looked at are odd. Piper is 5'10" and weighs 103 lbs. She would be skeletal at that height/weight. From her picture she looks solid with large breasts, 160 lbs would be more reasonable. Same with Michelle at 5'7" and 106 lbs. Her build in game look is more around 130 lbs. The other two that I looked at (Lovisa and Juno) seem fine at 5'3/103lbs and 5'3"/117, respectively.

In combat there is no way to disengage. A suggestion: have that option which would allow you to leave after realizing you aren't going to win. Give the enemies one free shot and then you are out of combat. Also, is it possible to add an action to use a tendstim to heal during combat?

Can you add a way to switch which female is in the top position? I've run into several incidences where I wanted to drop off a slave to work only to see that the one I wanted wasn't at the top and had to go back home to swap them. Adding the switch arrow so it works in town, the academy or shops would be very user friendly. Or as option, recognize both slaves and you pick which one for work assignment or classes.

Weapon balance seems off to me. There is no reason to use any other weapon than rifle or assault rifle, the others are pointless and only trash loot. Even then the assault rifle is problematic. It uses to much ammo and ammo is expensive and you tend to miss a lot. Also, assault rifles tend to have a burst mode that is 3 rounds, not 6.

Now, if you add an extra distance in combat (melee, mid, long) and at melee range you could make the rifle and assault rifle unusable and have to switch to another weapon (also something to add to combat). At that range you can use any melee weapon, of course, but the pistol and shotgun too. To make the crossbow a little more useful, increase damage to, say, 12/18 and it bypasses armor. Not terribly realistic, but gives it some use against heavy armored opponents. Not sure how you derive crits, but maybe give the xbow a higher crit value, too.

You could add bonus/malus values to each weapon, as well. Assault rifle has malus to range attack due to recoil. Rifle has negative malus at mid range. Pistol has no bonus to mid range and bonus at melee range and malus at long range, etc. Small numbers to add or subtract to hit values.

Just some suggestions. Not sure you can program any of this or how difficult it would be if you can or if my ideas even interest you.
I'll take a look at this.

I agree that some weights might need adjustments even if those with low lbs are supposed to be severely famished when you pick the up (like Piper), even if this doesn't show in their renders (rendering separate weight pics would make the image library explode).

I'll save your texts regarding combat as I've planned a major revamp of the combat engine in a later version. There are several things that I need to balance, and you make some valid points.

Escape/withdraw from combat is one planned feature actually.

Thanks!

• Red Heart
Reactions: jsmith27x
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes