MaxTheDark

Apr 11, 2021
I have to admit, while the game does a lot right, I don't like few aspects. One is the dice roll for every interaction with a slave. While it makes perfect sense for combat to be, to a degree, unpredictible, when it comes to personal relationships it just encourages save scumming.

I do hope the game develops further tho, even with the annoyance above, it's rather fun to play and I'd love to see more options available. The closer it gets to Jack-o-Nine Tails the better :) Having said that, the option to 'get rid' of a slave other than the contract, would probably useful as well.

Also, there are children in the game. Are there plans for loli/shota content? I live in the UK, with somewhat strict laws about it, just wanted to check.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I have to admit, while the game does a lot right, I don't like few aspects. One is the dice roll for every interaction with a slave. While it makes perfect sense for combat to be, to a degree, unpredictible, when it comes to personal relationships it just encourages save scumming.

I do hope the game develops further tho, even with the annoyance above, it's rather fun to play and I'd love to see more options available. The closer it gets to Jack-o-Nine Tails the better :) Having said that, the option to 'get rid' of a slave other than the contract, would probably useful as well.

Also, there are children in the game. Are there plans for loli/shota content? I live in the UK, with somewhat strict laws about it, just wanted to check.

This is one thing that'll get more and more balanced as development moves on. The newly added dice roll and difficulty options might mitigate some of this for those who want a more mechanical consistency, even if you'll reach that threshold naturally by treating your slaves in a manner that either makes them obedient and/or loving. Check out the (nearly-finished) wiki for more guides and details on this.

I've not touched the slavery part at all since before release but will focus solely on interactions and slave traits after the 0.7.9 update is out.

I assume you're talking about the 13-year-old girl and her little brother in the temple? Those two are part of the almost-implemented domestic servant system. They'll not be available as normal slaves. So you're safe. ;)

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Grim, a couple other items. I started up again and got Rebecca who's bio states that she has decent melee skill and could help out in low or medium combat. When I looked at her stats she had ranged skill 10 points higher than her melee (45 vs 35). I would suggest either changing the description to ranged skill or switching the numbers, my vote would be changing the description since melee doesn't seem too effective.

Also, while having sex with Rebecca in living room it read anal in the text while I was actually having vaginal sex, see below.

View attachment 1714389
Thanks, fixed!

I'll balance her melee and ranged skills somewhat. You'll need all the melee you can get from your slaves when the arena goes live in a couple of weeks. :)

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
I'm playing this time around playing as a high INT and Academics type character to do the teaching at the academy, which seems to be a great way to make money early. The game makes it plain that if you fail teaching the required course you are permanently locked out. Teaching classes can become tedious after a while. Is it possible to implement a quit function after completing the required classes and then have it just locked out for a period of time, like 30 or 60 days, and afterwards you can sign up again to teach? Of course, not knowing what lies ahead it may not be necessary to teach after a while if you are making enough money this may be a moot point.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I'm playing this time around playing as a high INT and Academics type character to do the teaching at the academy, which seems to be a great way to make money early. The game makes it plain that if you fail teaching the required course you are permanently locked out. Teaching classes can become tedious after a while. Is it possible to implement a quit function after completing the required classes and then have it just locked out for a period of time, like 30 or 60 days, and afterwards you can sign up again to teach? Of course, not knowing what lies ahead it may not be necessary to teach after a while if you are making enough money this may be a moot point.
I'm leaning towards a different setup - that the academy pays you per held lesson instead, with only a slight Influence loss if you fail to teach more than 15 lessons per month.

I'll also expand the lessons to make them more unique and exciting.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

MaxTheDark

Apr 11, 2021
This is one thing that'll get more and more balanced as development moves on. The newly added dice roll and difficulty options might mitigate some of this for those who want a more mechanical consistency, even if you'll reach that threshold naturally by treating your slaves in a manner that either makes them obedient and/or loving. Check out the (nearly-finished) wiki for more guides and details on this.

I've not touched the slavery part at all since before release but will focus solely on interactions and slave traits after the 0.7.9 update is out.

I assume you're talking about the 13-year-old girl and her little brother in the temple? Those two are part of the almost-implemented domestic servant system. They'll not be available as normal slaves. So you're safe. ;)
I strongly feel that dice rolls shouldnt affect interactions with slaves other than combat at all. Either she does want to do something or not, this shouldn't be based on a random chance, even if it's possible to skew that chance in your favour.

But that's just my opinion, guess others might think different. For instance, I'm excited for the generic slaves option as I liked generic NPCs in Lab Rats 2, while a lot of players seemed to be against the idea...

Reactions: GD-studios

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Here's also a link to the latest SSA post with some information on 0.7.9 and MoR's imminent future:

WulfgarD

Aug 18, 2017
Maybe it would be a nice thing to complete existing slavesets rather than introduce new slaves. Or have some generic wip-pictures, that show an descibed scene.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Maybe it would be a nice thing to complete existing slavesets rather than introduce new slaves. Or have some generic wip-pictures, that show an descibed scene.
I agree. That's why I've been a bit hesitant to introduce new slaves in the last couple of updates. I release about 75-100 new renders between each medium version; 0.7.7 - 0.7.8 - 0.7.9, so we're slowly getting there.

MaxTheDark

Apr 11, 2021
I agree. That's why I've been a bit hesitant to introduce new slaves in the last couple of updates. I release about 75-100 new renders between each medium version; 0.7.7 - 0.7.8 - 0.7.9, so we're slowly getting there.
Is there any way one can help get them out?

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Is there any way one can help get them out?
Except for subscribing on my SubscribeStar page, which is an excellent way to give me more time for this project, it would make my day if anyone wants to contribute with their awesome Daz3D skills. Especially for slaves that are not yet implemented.

• Red Heart
Reactions: jsmith27x

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
Just tried the game out. Interesting take on this type of story/game. I like the concept, but unfortunately, the text is nearly unreadable, at least to me. My eyesight is not good and I typically zoom in on web pages and/or use dark mode whenever possible.

The contrast on your text is not good, making the text hard to see, even when zoomed in. I don't know the software used, but having a switch to change the fonts would be nice.

Heck, if it's just HTML, maybe I can go in and make the change myself...

:cool: Eric Grey

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Just tried the game out. Interesting take on this type of story/game. I like the concept, but unfortunately, the text is nearly unreadable, at least to me. My eyesight is not good and I typically zoom in on web pages and/or use dark mode whenever possible.

The contrast on your text is not good, making the text hard to see, even when zoomed in. I don't know the software used, but having a switch to change the fonts would be nice.

Heck, if it's just HTML, maybe I can go in and make the change myself...

:cool: Eric Grey
Are you using Opera by any chance?

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes