texasterry

Jun 3, 2017
So, I made progress with Mae (thanks for the help everybody) but I started my playthrough by fighting the gangs around and apparently have beaten all that I can beat (I probably have a sh*t character build since I don't know what I'm doing, first to admit)

I've done some quests but they seem hard to find. I'm constantly starved for cash for ammo and medical supplies (since I get my butt kicked a lot) which means my house isn't getting upgraded much, and absolutely no money for books/education. The 4 girls I have are all too willful/unruly to work (probably) so any suggestions to make some money?

I got a bounty, but not sure if I'm not searching in the right locations or my character is just sh*t with survival skills?

The game said there was a dock gang to fight or pay off, but there is almost never anyone to fight on the dock map when I'm there. Am I doing something wrong here too?

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
It's not like we told him to switch genres. Just pointing out that the kinkier the better for consumers.
That is pretty oversimplified.

It is more accurate to say that the more kinks a work has the wider it casts its net for potential consumers.

But that itself has its own flaws. For one, simply adding some surface level content which superficially appeals to some fetish isn't going to do much to win over true fans of that fetish and worse risks backlash if the kink is incorporated poorly. Then there is also the issue of every kink you add the more likely it is that any one of those fetishes repulses a given potential consumer, which is the reverse of the wider net argument, for any fetish you add you may gain a chunk of audience but you also risk losing a chunk of people who would sooner not play at all than risk running into certain fetishes, the more controversial or niche the fetish the more likely you are to run into that effect.
After that is considerations of coherency of game design, the more fetishes you shoehorn into a game the more muddled its design feels and the harder it is for it to brand itself as any one thing or to have a particular appeal. A person will jump on a game that appeals to their fetishes in particular, but if your fetish is one in a long list of them instead? Well it will raise doubts as to how prominent the thing you are into even is in the work or if you would be wasting your time playing a long game to only find a couple of scenes which actually include the content you are after in the whole thing.
Finally there is the time and resources argument, when you are trying to build an actual proper game as is the case of Masters of Raana there has to be consideration given that for every niche catered for their needs to be an understanding that it often risks ballooning workload, new fetishes included need image sets, writing, interactions balanced in terms of how they affect a slaves stats, interactions with any relevant traits and so on, the fact that any added content has to contend with all these factors, but then every other issue now and in the future does mean that any proposal should be carefully considered if it does actually enrich the game.

That is leaving aside the fact that the initial claim that was being disputed is that it 'would go viral' that is an incredibly bold claim to make, the assumption that including whatever happens to be your fetish is the secret ingredient needed to suddenly turn a game into a success. The reality of the matter is that there are almost always games that cater to whatever fetish you have already, often made by people with that fetish to cater to that fetish, and presumably do a better job of representing that fetish than another dev would do by cynically shoving it in at fan request in an effort to chase popularity.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Always fun to see people try to influence Devs by guaranteeing viral success if only the Dev will cater to them. :rolleyes:
Grim, Grim, you saw how Palworld blew up? If you let us capture and add the carchuk (is that how it was spelled?) to our party like a Pokemon, you will have the 3rd highest rated and most popular game in this forum :Kappa:

I don't want 0% game play, but this game has only a small amount of art and scenes per character.
0.8.3 adds more scenes so there's that. But the nature of this game having more named characters (aka the slaves with a set name and story) means that it is building wide, not tall. You are either going to have more girls with lesser focus per girl or have only 4-5 love interests and more focus for each of them.

kiljaeden

Jun 2, 2019
So, I made progress with Mae (thanks for the help everybody) but I started my playthrough by fighting the gangs around and apparently have beaten all that I can beat (I probably have a sh*t character build since I don't know what I'm doing, first to admit)

I've done some quests but they seem hard to find. I'm constantly starved for cash for ammo and medical supplies (since I get my butt kicked a lot) which means my house isn't getting upgraded much, and absolutely no money for books/education. The 4 girls I have are all too willful/unruly to work (probably) so any suggestions to make some money?

I got a bounty, but not sure if I'm not searching in the right locations or my character is just sh*t with survival skills?

The game said there was a dock gang to fight or pay off, but there is almost never anyone to fight on the dock map when I'm there. Am I doing something wrong here too?
Delete your save file and wait for the new patch. Everything you know will be altered by upcoming patch in 10 days or so. You can read the guide in wiki by that time if you really wanna learn some basic things.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024

For the bounty, is it a random bounty or one of the scripted bounties? For random bounties, you can just save after getting the bounty mission, then go around all regions, hitting the magnifying glass icon on the lower left, then clicking search bounty. Once you find your bounty, reload the save back to the time you accepted the bounty, then go to the place where you found the bounty and hit search bounty again. Then you fight him, go back to the town hall, and claim your reward.

For scripted bounties (Brian, Haruto) they are red human icons on the map.

Reactions: texasterry

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Nevermind how much not combat oriented it´s your build, you should not have big trouble cleaning most of the starting map with the very basic combat team. The most basic combat team (Yourself, Loren, Peasant, Bud and Ansel or Rebeca ) it´s strong enough to deal easily with all the rogues in the map with the exception of the two space marines in Marston Avenue and the Space Marines in Kasey Park and the forts in MAnston and Stoke hill.

Get rifles for every one. Don´t worry if you have not skill enough to use them, a rifle with the recoil penalty it´s still better that all the other weapons in the starting stages. Loren, Peasant and Rifle Savant (you can disarm him and give the rifle to other character) start with one, so you only need 2 more. IIRR you can get one making Nika´s quest, and beating the freebooter in Waterly eyes usually yields another one. By the end of day 1 you can get your team equipped with rifles. Second priority should be equip yourself and Rebeca with some decent armor. The bare minimum, if you are short of cash it´s heavy leather, better if you can get combat armor.

With this team you can start the cleaning process. Don´t deal with the forts on Manston Avenue or Stoke hills, or the Space marines in Manston avenue or Cassey Park. They are though nuts to crack at start.

In as couple of days of cleaning process you should be able to clean the map except for this last four. This and the daily bounty from town hall should yield enough money in order to make basic improvements at home once per day, buy a couple of books and save enough money to hire Mr Doyle. We are talking about day 3-4.

Now your combat team should be Yourself, Rebecca, Mr Doyle, Peasant or Loren and Bud. You can consider improve some of your team armor, mainly for Bud. With this team dealing with the forts in Manston and Stoke hills should be an easy task. to deal with the space marines wait until you have a better combat team with some assault rifles at least

Put your slaves to work in the shops. It´s not a lot, but should cover her maintenance cost. And don´t waste time searching for the bounties. Go to Divine Juices in Waterly Eyes or to Furry´s in Readhaven, grease the wheels and ask for them. Making the bounties it´s important, they yield influence and easy (bounties level 1-3 are trivial, lvl 4 can be a bit tough at start) money. Avoid Lvl 5 bounties until you have some of your team with better weapons that rifles.

The punks in the dock respawn IIRR 3 or 4 days after you clean it.

Last edited:

zaqwsxcde1

Mar 17, 2019
Are Doyle and that rifle-savant guy completely useless? Doyle has a crappy gun and a crappy gun-related perk, rifle savant guy is weaker than a petite girl.

zaqwsxcde1

Mar 17, 2019
Are Doyle and that rifle-savant guy completely useless? Doyle has a crappy gun and a crappy gun-related perk, rifle savant guy is weaker than a petite girl.

trulul

Aug 11, 2023
Rifle savant seems like ideal medicine training fodder. Goes down easy even against weak opponents.

Jun 10, 2022
Stop exaggerating and put words in my mouth, "betting on it to go viral" = "guaranteeing viral success"? Great logic bro.

We used the word "beg", not something like "This game should have.." "Dev should add.." etc.
I don't know how more subtle can one make a suggestion or is it not allowed here?
Actually, what you said was:

Begging +1
I bet this game is gonna go viral if incest fetish isn't blocked.
Between you and Tarzan you both certainly implied catering to your kinks equaled greater success. this, despite the fact that following your suggestions would quite possibly get the Dev's funding streams cancelled.

I'm not judging your kinks. I'm pushing back on both you and Tarzan for making unsubstantiated claims that could be detrimental to the game development.

Reactions: FSDL and Seamonkey
Jun 10, 2022
I suspect we will eventually see quests associated with the lesser characters; Especially once the Events planner screen comes back. For now, as I can afford them, i hire the lesser characters and assign them to Guard duty.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Unless there are changes of relevance in 8.3, in 8.22 you are talking of two of the most cost effective mercenaries you can hire.

Mr Doyle. 150 Hits, Range skill 80, cost 19$ daily. The crucial stat here it´s 150 hits. All the other mercenaries that have 150 hits are Felix (upkeep 330), Black guard (330) and Ayden (390). Hell, Mr Doyle have an upkeep that it´s lower that Loren or Peasant, and just 1$ higher that Ansel!. Sure, his starting equipment it´s not great, but can be upgraded. Give him some decent gear and can be as effective as any high tier mercenary, and in the long run, a lot cheaper.

Rifle Savant it´s a bit trickier. Yes, he have only 25 hits and he goes down easily. But equip him with a 50 BMG rifle and use him in fights against opponents with advanced tactics and, for 150$ of recruitment and 6$ of upkeep you have a 100 skill combatant that it´s not a target. In Arena combats or against Lvl 5+ bounties it´s a very cost effective option.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Doesn't Doyle still start with an Autorifle? No ammo though, so buy that beforehand if you hire him. Some Traits are random, so that can change with every start, but what won't change is his daily salary which is very cheap and his Health which is 150. He's by far the cheapest of any of the limited 150+ Health mercs (Felix, Ayden, Einar, Black Guardsman and Doyle) and you can give him any damn gun you want eventually. He's a great pick actually, especially for the long-term.

The Rifle Savant is useful for the easy first day targets you can be fairly sure won't be able to fire back. Other than that, he will go down, some use him as a training dummy for their medical skill, I don't do that but I've probably gotten that poor man killed (mercs used to die permanent deaths) or dropped more than any person playing MoR, and I've tried everything to keep him alive/standing. Duraplate doesn't even work, a rifle crit will still one-shot him. Stealth Armor is probably the only solution, but that's a massive investment and not accessable for most starts. Note he can also use the fifty-cal so he does have some long-term use and is dirt cheap, but mostly these days I just take his rifle and send him home to be my Janitor/Scavanger.

Last edited:

voddov

Nov 8, 2018
Actually, what you said was:

Between you and Tarzan you both certainly implied catering to your kinks equaled greater success. this, despite the fact that following your suggestions would quite possibly get the Dev's funding streams cancelled.

I'm not judging your kinks. I'm pushing back on both you and Tarzan for making unsubstantiated claims that could be detrimental to the game development.
Yeah, sure Mr.sensitive.
What make you look so funny is, you're speaking as dev can't even decide such a simple thing by himself, that you worried a suggestion on internet would just make him lose all his income.

Not to mention you whole point is just laughable. Come on man, are you first time here or what, don't you know how many dev making games on Patron with incest patches.

Wake up, you are not his dad. We made a suggestion, dev accepting or not, this whole thing is none of your damn business.

Last edited:

Fauno36

May 26, 2023
Yeah, sure Mr.sensitive.
What make you look so funny is, you're speaking as dev can't even decide such a simple thing by himself, that you worried a suggestion on internet would just make him lose all his income.

Not to mention you whole point is just laughable. Come on man, are you first time here or what, don't you know how many dev making games on Patron with incest patches.

Wake up, you are not his dad. We made a suggestion, dev accepting or not, this whole thing is none of your damn business.

Personally, three items just to annoy is too much for me, I'm going to IGNORE.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: FSDL and Gunner Rey
Jun 10, 2022
Yeah, sure Mr.sensitive.
What make you look funny is, you're speaking as dev can't even decide such a simple thing by himself, that you worried a suggestion on internet would just make him lose his job.
Wake up, you are not his dad, it's none of your business.
I sincerely hope English is not your primary language. You are clearly missing the points.

I'm not being sensitive, no am I speaking for the Dev. As a point of fact, I'm trying to get you two clowns to quit speaking as though you represent the fanbase of this game and make you understand you have zero evidence to back up your claims that incest=viral game. If the Dev followed your suggestion he quite possibly could lose his income. How is that hard to understand?

Reactions: Fauno36

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
My option is Expert military and slaver level 2, I have no more points left
You could also cheat via console to get more points during creation
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And on the topic of cheating. In case someone noticed that it is no longer possible to modify slaves via console from NPC menu in 0.8.3, it still works fine when doing it from the slaves inventory screen. (Edit: Works for some traits like Vanilla and Advocate but not for others.)

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes