Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Yeah the enhanced start is definitely overpowered and gives you way more than you need. You get 750 and can still take disadvantages on top of that to get even more if you want.
I suppose that's what some people want, and in the long run I kinda want the same thing, but I like to do it the old-fashioned way and earn it.

Well I'm thinking compared to the other expert perks. The stuff from soldier I can just buy. I already have 2 hunting sites so unless there's something special about the new one I'm not sure it provides much value unless I'm going to do a LOT of hunting.
It's the reduced stamina loss which is the big benefit, though access to another fertile hunting ground is indeed a big benefit. It's how I started playing the game after I tried combat without any clue what I was doing and a much less helpful wiki convinced me this game wasn't a total walkover. I found some easy money and took Juno out into the woods and hunted all day and whipped and fucked her ass all night long, good times! Then I decided to learn how to play for real and haven't done much hunting since, but you run out of stamina especially in the beginning and once you're good at it you deplete the hunting grounds very quickly.

I've been fondly reminiscing about that and have been considering a hunting build as kind of a tribute. With Loren and the Wildborn perk (which is a great bargain at 10 points for any character) money ought to be pretty good, back then it was even more profitable than fighting after the board was (mostly) cleared. You could get your entire house upgraded, all the little investments, everyone in Combat Armor (no Duraplate then) and Aria bought in thirty days just by hunting if you got a Famine by Day 30.

The academic thing I could see doing if I was going to be an atheist and wanted to RP a professor build or something but otherwise it seems like it's giving you a similar but lessor advantage to the business one. Doctor makes healing a bit easier but I can pump that up to 90 just using stabilize and doctor's kits anyway. So to me that leaves a choice between Business vs Slaver with Business giving me the most money and Slaver giving me an actual quest and some additional story background. So overall I like the slaver option better.
However like a clever fellow once said 'Remember, in the long run everyone's dead...' In other words you can wait too long to enjoy the fruits of your labor if you delay gratification too much. Game-wise the Elite Soldier, Hunting and Doctor expert perks allow you to get off to a faster start which you can capitalize on by getting the major investments quicker and get expensive stats up sooner.

Yeah I will have to play around with a normal or rise start a bit more before I decide which disadvantages I can live with and which ones I can't. I think Debt and Limp are the only 2 no brainers since you can completely counteract those 2. I agree about not really wanting a 70 pt stat cap on anything, but that's not as bad as pacifist.
Limp slows you down in the beginning, which I find irritating because I like to see just how much I can get done the first few days. It's kind of a mini-game with me, I've probably played the first days literally thousands of times just to see if I can find the 'perfect' opening, which changes with just about every update now. Normally the Stables wouldn't be near the top of my Household Upgrade priority list, but if I take 'Limp' they probably would be. That's why I don't consider it a gimme, but it's certainly less debilitating (in the beginning at least) than 'Near-Sighted' (ouch!) or one of the ones that limits stat growth, and less demoralizing RP-wise than 'Body Odor' which really doesn't hurt you much, but....yuck! I've known people like that, I don't want to be one and have a putrid stench wafting about in my wake!

As far as I know Tough is 8% so that could make a significant difference if you're in a tough fight where MC ends up tanking. There are instances with advanced tactics where MC tanks no matter what you do in my experience, even if he's using his fists. So 8% less damage per hit applied to multiple plasma shots and maybe even a cyber cannon is a big deal to me. For a rise start I think combat veteran might be your only choice for an expert perk if you also want deadly strike and tough, but I'm not sure on that. I guess if you take enough disadvantages you could maybe sqeeze in 1 or 2 levels of soldier and still get expert in something else but I think you'd probably have to take all of the 70 pt stat limits to do that.
Yeah, eight percent, my early morning math skills left something to be desired when I wrote that. So more like three points saved on a forty point hit. That can add up, and I can see where it would be desirable, but still not a 'must have' in my book.

I think the disadvantages I'd be most willing to live with for a rise start are debt, limp, near sighted, and unlucky. If I had to take more I could maybe convince myself into body odor,. Weak willed is the only stat cap I might consider but I would only take that if I had to. I think Gluttonous would annoy me since it drains your max stamina down to 49 I would have to train stamina literally forever to counteract it.
Near-sighted sounds like a damned painful penalty in the beginning where you're always starting at range, and prioritizing Dex or MC to get the front position option would stop me from raising my Stamina first which I've always found makes for the most satisfying start. Gluttonous would encourage me to keep training Stamina at least occassionally and that way my later acquisitions wouldn't still have 50 Stamina like they sometimes do now. I always train, every day, and making me mix in a Stamina day later on as well to recover lost stamina would keep me training my girls in it too, which I find necessary for the kind of sex sessions I subject them to. It aso helps me with the role-play to know I'm doing the work to stay in shape which is what you have to do in the real world too if you don't want to look like a lump or a stick.

At any rate, that's how I talk myself into it when I must have those points to make my configuration work.

Weak-willed was the only one I'd consider too, it occurred to me I don't really know just what Willpower does in this game outside a few scattered applications.

Reactions: GD-studios

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
The 8% decrease on damage received it´s really not a big thing. Don´t make the maths per hit received, make them per your total hits.

If instead of reducing the damage you increase your hits you need to have Hits*100/92 to get the same result. . That´s 108.7 hits instead of 100, or 163 instead of 150

For most combats, its quite irrelevant. And in the few cases that it´s relevant are going to be the ones when you get a lot of damage per hit, the hard ones. And when you are hit with 40 damage strikes, having 8 or 12 hits more can make 1 hit of difference in may be 20%-33%? of the cases.

Nice? sure. But clearly not a must. And should be this way. If any option it´s a must, something have been done wrong....

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunner Rey

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
The 8% decrease on damage received it´s really not a big thing. Don´t make the maths per hit received, make them per your total hits.

If instead of reducing the damage you increase your hits you need to have Hits*100/92 to get the same result. . That´s 108.7 hits instead of 100, or 163 instead of 150

For most combats, its quite irrelevant. And in the few cases that it´s relevant are going to be the ones when you get a lot of damage per hit, the hard ones. And when you are hit with 40 damage strikes, having 8 or 12 hits more can make 1 hit of difference in may be 20%-33%? of the cases.

Nice? sure. But clearly not a must. And should be this way. If any option it´s a must, something have been done wrong....
For me it depends on how the mechanics for the toughest of the advanced tactics fights play out. In some previous versions MC was the only one to ever take damage in some advanced tactics fights no matter what your armor or weapons used. That means for certain fights you either had to skip them entirely or MC was guaranteed to take stat losses because there are fights that it's just not possible to solo tank, like the tier 7 bounties.

If the mechanics have been tweaked so you can influence who is taking damage then 8% extra soak could be enough to allow you to solo tank 1 round and then switch weapons to make someone else be the new target. I used to do that frequently with both tier 6 and 7 bounties in previous versions where I could reliably influence the target, but in the most recent versions that has not worked for me. I'm either always the tank or never the tank on a per fight basis.

I haven't gotten far enough in the latest version to know if that's the case or not now. If I can survive solo tanking 1 round in a tier 7 bounty and then reliably cause the enemy to switch targets based on armor and weapon selection then it's definitely worth it to me. If I can't influence the target then it's of minimal use because I'm either solo tanking, in which case it's not enough to allow me to survive, or I'm never hit in which case it's irrelevant.

It would still be of minor benefit in fights that don't use advanced tactics, but almost all of those are trivial difficulty. There are a few notable exceptions like Godzilla but that one is just going to cause stat losses no matter what if you get unlucky unless you save scum it. I've had him target MC exclusively before and take him down before hitting any of the mercs. I've also had him spread the damage around evenly so I could kill him without losing anyone. No way to influence it though. Just blind luck.

Last edited:

Tastetester12

Feb 26, 2022
For a Rise from the Ashes you get 120 points, 280 for a normal one. I don't remember what it was for Enhanced outside I had trouble spending them all.

Each level of a profession (Doctor/Scholar/Hunter/Soldier/Businessman/Slaver costs 20 for level one, 60 more for level 2 and 120 extra for Expert level and only one can be expert. You can only pick in three catagories max.

I can live with the debt too, as well as Unlucky which I figure is probably just random damage/cash loss/stamina drain every fifty days or so. I don't like the idea of being Gluttonous but have managed to convince myself it doesn't mean I will get fat and will require me to work on Stamina more later on once I've gotten to the soft cap which I should do anyway to train my new girls in that stat anyway. I have figured that once you get the stables upgrade Limp won't hurt you and you can train that 5 points of dex back. I really don't want body odor as it gives me an 'Ick' feeling thinking about my character, but for some configurations I can convince myself I'll just shower more regularly and I usually do spend an inordinate amount of time at the Baths/Pool anyay. Still don't want that one though.
Understand the ick feeling as someone who knows more than a few people who don't pay attention to how they smell as much as they should.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
0.8.3 A5 has been released for non-Alpha tiers!

083 Public is approaching fast (1-2 weeks away) but if you want to play 0.8.3 right away and also the development of future versions, the new, revamped Masters of Raana is now available for Tier 3 ($10) subscribers.

It's been a very long journey - the overhauls started in September 2023 and unfortunately meant a break in the relatively frequent MoR updates we're used to. The three major revamps of 0.8.3 (tech overhaul, house revamp, character creation changes) have however provided me and modders with a bunch of tools that'll make future additions much easier to implement. Those tools, and the fact that your support has enabled me to work more or less full-time on this project, mean we now have A LOT of exciting features to look forward to.

Stay tuned for updates on 0.8.3.1 and 0.8.4 in the coming weeks/months. ;)

And thank you for your patience.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
I have been reading the office press that appears in the wiki and seems a bit confusing to me. Albeit a really interesting thing.
Per wiki

If her affiliation is not in line with Ikaanos (like having the Libertarian affiliation in a highly Controlled and Corrupted city) might decrease your influence, while the opposite is true if her affiliation is republic-friendly.

Political affiliation[ | ]
  • Neutral: Active if no other affiliation below is true. Randomly affects political attributes if Nicole's Political Power is high enough (see below).
  • Authoritarian: Activates if Nicole's Corruption is 75+ and her WILLPOWER is below 25 or her WILLPOWER is below 5 (regardless of other attributes). Tries to increase Control and Corruption.
  • Anarchist: Activates if Nicole's Corruption is 40+, her WILLPOWER is 60+ and your Household Emancipation value is 50+. Tries to decrease Control and increase Corruption.
  • Democratic: Activates if Nicole's Kindness is 60+, her Corruption is below 75 and her Willpower is above 5 and below 60. Tries to increase Prosperity.
  • Libertarian: Activates if Nicole's WILLPOWER is 60+ and her Corruption is below 50. Tries to increase Prosperity and decrease Corruption.
  • Rebel: Activates (and overrides Libertarian/Democratic) if Nicole's WILLPOWER is 60+, her Corruption is below 40 and your Household Emancipation value is 50+. Tries to decrease Control until the rebel alliance takes over Ikaanos. After that, the rebel affiliation will try to increase Control instead.

If Nicole have a corruption 41--49, willpower 60+ and emancipation 50+ she will qualify both as an Anarchist or as a Libertarian. Which one would have preference?

In my most advanced run, Ikanos have prosperity , corruption and control in the 25-75 range (normal). Anyone know which political affiliations will increase or decrease my influence?. Most possibly my Nicole would be Anarchist or Libertarian, but I can push her with some effort towards Rebel or Democrat

Reactions: khumak

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
For me it depends on how the mechanics for the toughest of the advanced tactics fights play out. In some previous versions MC was the only one to ever take damage in some advanced tactics fights no matter what your armor or weapons used. That means for certain fights you either had to skip them entirely or MC was guaranteed to take stat losses because there are fights that it's just not possible to solo tank, like the tier 7 bounties.

If the mechanics have been tweaked so you can influence who is taking damage then 8% extra soak could be enough to allow you to solo tank 1 round and then switch weapons to make someone else be the new target. I used to do that frequently with both tier 6 and 7 bounties in previous versions where I could reliably influence the target, but in the most recent versions that has not worked for me. I'm either always the tank or never the tank on a per fight basis.

I haven't gotten far enough in the latest version to know if that's the case or not now. If I can survive solo tanking 1 round in a tier 7 bounty and then reliably cause the enemy to switch targets based on armor and weapon selection then it's definitely worth it to me. If I can't influence the target then it's of minimal use because I'm either solo tanking, in which case it's not enough to allow me to survive, or I'm never hit in which case it's irrelevant.

It would still be of minor benefit in fights that don't use advanced tactics, but almost all of those are trivial difficulty. There are a few notable exceptions like Godzilla but that one is just going to cause stat losses no matter what if you get unlucky unless you save scum it. I've had him target MC exclusively before and take him down before hitting any of the mercs. I've also had him spread the damage around evenly so I could kill him without losing anyone. No way to influence it though. Just blind luck.
It occurred to me reading this that we have somewhat different priorities when creating a character. I tried tier-7 bounties for a while when they first came out and after doing the math decided they just weren't worth it. Two of mine (including me sometimes!) go down just about every time and sometimes it was all of us. Add up the tendstims and the ammo and the need to retrain the stats lost and I decided they weren't worth the effort and bypassed them from then on. Those were Grimdark games I wouldn't save-scum on, but even if I were save-scumming I don't see how you avoid at least one and more likely two or three going down in each fight. That's not worth the time and effort to replay over and over to get the lucky one where only one goes down.

However while reading your post I wondered about creating a character designed to take out the Tier 7 Bounties. The Beast, as I think of him, a combat savant born to fight. The only non-combat perk I'd go with is Wildborn as it's cheap and would give you at least something outside combat to sustain you, and a Beast from the jungle ought to stink a little, right? That way I can take 'Body Odor' and fit it in to my roleplay, he'll make his naked teen-aged slavegirls lick his body clean like a true animal. That's kind of sexy in a...bestial...way, isn't it? I'll keep trying to convince myself of that at least.

I got to thinking in a case like this to go with only one 'Expert' level as you can train basically everything you get from 'Skill Classes' page outside the 'Expert' Level and can only have one of those. Soldier seems obvious, that gives the Melee Combat and Ranged Combat you need and I just found out Combat Armor costs something obscene like 5800 RD on the settings I play. Ouch!

Next I decided not to increase any attributes as I can train those in the course of the game, I'm looking for permanent perks above and beyond what you can get naturally. For Weaknesses I'll go with Debt, Unlucky, Gluttonous, Limp and Body Odor. Like a junkyard dog I got banged up a little but it doesn't make me any less mean--or deadly.

That gives me 165 points and I'm thinking I want both Crackshot and Deadly Strike. Against those Tier-Seven monstrosities with their awesome armor and endless hitpoints I want at least one more chance at a crit in the first round to keep the Plasma guns from firing as much. Ayden, me and Dexter (presuming he still has Crackshot) ought to be able to whittle at least one of them down the others can finish him off.

That leaves 65 points and I wondered about being 'Z-Marked' but I can't see it being worth it in the long run, fifty points is a lot and most those skills I can train manually in a couple weeks and +5 Stamina and Health recovery doesn't seem to be worth the 50 point price tag. I'll go with 'Tough' as I want every edge I can get and it occurred to me maybe the 8% decrease gets deducted before the armor soak value is calculated so it would be more along the lines of a six point reduction on a seventy point hit rather than three on a forty pointer like after the armor soak was applied.

Thirty five points left, and I'll go with Wildborn, (for something other than combat to rely on) Gunslinger and Manhunter. I'm not sure how the latter works but maybe it increases your incapacitation chance by 15% with the weapon you're using, allowing you to capture with a Plasma Rifle 16% of the time and giving you a much better chance of doing so with a Greatsword and making a whipstick and combat staff an automatic capture. Gunslinger is a short-term perk for the .45 Revolver making it better than a rifle at range and akin to a Coilgun close up, something I might want in the beginning as I'll be closing a lot and the cheapo ammo will be helpful for before I get my Coilgun ammo manufacturing going which might take a while having absolutely no bonuses to crafting and looking forward to constructing an endless number of combat knives to get there.

Or I could drop Manhunter and remove Body Odor and go with the Biggus Dickus. Or take Party Animal to counteract the Body Odor a little. I dunno, what do you think?

Reactions: Fauno36

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I have been reading the office press that appears in the wiki and seems a bit confusing to me. Albeit a really interesting thing.
Per wiki

If her affiliation is not in line with Ikaanos (like having the Libertarian affiliation in a highly Controlled and Corrupted city) might decrease your influence, while the opposite is true if her affiliation is republic-friendly.

Political affiliation[ | ]
  • Neutral: Active if no other affiliation below is true. Randomly affects political attributes if Nicole's Political Power is high enough (see below).
  • Authoritarian: Activates if Nicole's Corruption is 75+ and her WILLPOWER is below 25 or her WILLPOWER is below 5 (regardless of other attributes). Tries to increase Control and Corruption.
  • Anarchist: Activates if Nicole's Corruption is 40+, her WILLPOWER is 60+ and your Household Emancipation value is 50+. Tries to decrease Control and increase Corruption.
  • Democratic: Activates if Nicole's Kindness is 60+, her Corruption is below 75 and her Willpower is above 5 and below 60. Tries to increase Prosperity.
  • Libertarian: Activates if Nicole's WILLPOWER is 60+ and her Corruption is below 50. Tries to increase Prosperity and decrease Corruption.
  • Rebel: Activates (and overrides Libertarian/Democratic) if Nicole's WILLPOWER is 60+, her Corruption is below 40 and your Household Emancipation value is 50+. Tries to decrease Control until the rebel alliance takes over Ikaanos. After that, the rebel affiliation will try to increase Control instead.

If Nicole have a corruption 41--49, willpower 60+ and emancipation 50+ she will qualify both as an Anarchist or as a Libertarian. Which one would have preference?

In my most advanced run, Ikanos have prosperity , corruption and control in the 25-75 range (normal). Anyone know which political affiliations will increase or decrease my influence?. Most possibly my Nicole would be Anarchist or Libertarian, but I can push her with some effort towards Rebel or Democrat
My guess is it depends on your Emancipation value. If it's below 50 she'll be Libertarian, if it's 50 plus it goes to Anarchist.

My households these days usually end up with high Corruption and Willpower, but little Emancipation. Like 80+ in most cases outside the newest additions, and single digit Emancipation. There doesn't seem to be an Affiliation for that combination. I guess I end up 'Neutral' then or I have to change the way I play.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
It occurred to me reading this that we have somewhat different priorities when creating a character. I tried tier-7 bounties for a while when they first came out and after doing the math decided they just weren't worth it. Two of mine (including me sometimes!) go down just about every time and sometimes it was all of us. Add up the tendstims and the ammo and the need to retrain the stats lost and I decided they weren't worth the effort and bypassed them from then on. Those were Grimdark games I wouldn't save-scum on, but even if I were save-scumming I don't see how you avoid at least one and more likely two or three going down in each fight. That's not worth the time and effort to replay over and over to get the lucky one where only one goes down.
I have actually gotten to the point in previous versions where everyone had Hulk armor that I could sometimes beat a tier 7 bounty without losing anyone but that required training up stats so that all of my mercs had literally identical combat stats so the enemy would target people at random during advanced tactics fights since there was effectively no difference in threat level. I haven't gotten far enough in this version to see if that works still, and random targetting means they will still sometimes focus fire on someone randomly. And yes that means I put Ayden on the bench for this and swapped in Doyle for the tier 7s since he can wear Hulk.

For the above to be worth it without save scumming it also requires that you can get your stats and gear selection set up so that you can guarantee that MC will not be targetted if he gets low on health. That was also possible in previous versions but for the past few versions I have not been able to do that so it might have changed. Lately it seems like MC is either always the tank no matter what, or he's never the tank no matter what. If I'm ever guaranteed to always be the tank then I agree that tier 7 bounties are not worth it. I'm not taking stat losses in every fight.

In the previous version the best I could manage as far as manipulating targets was to make sure MC always has better armor than my mercs so the enemy usually targets the mercs first. That's not going to work for tier 7 bounties though unless you want to lose ALL of your mercs every fight.

However while reading your post I wondered about creating a character designed to take out the Tier 7 Bounties. The Beast, as I think of him, a combat savant born to fight. The only non-combat perk I'd go with is Wildborn as it's cheap and would give you at least something outside combat to sustain you, and a Beast from the jungle ought to stink a little, right? That way I can take 'Body Odor' and fit it in to my roleplay, he'll make his naked teen-aged slavegirls lick his body clean like a true animal. That's kind of sexy in a...bestial...way, isn't it? I'll keep trying to convince myself of that at least.
I just go with deadly strike and tough on MC and ignore ranged entirely. So I train stamina to 80 and then train melee to 80 if it's not already there by then. It doesn't take very long.

For Mercs I have them use ranged until I get to where I'm training melee on MC, at which point I train my mercs up to 80+ as well and have them all switch to greatswords. I do still have Ayden lead off with his super coil shot for the first round though since that outdamages even a great sword power strike unless you get a crit.

If you do an enhanced start you also definitely want the stryker implant.

I think the new merc is probably superior to Space Marine since he starts with 150 health but you can't get him for like 50 days unless you start off as an expert soldier. I haven't decided for sure yet whether Ayden is better than one of the other top tiers in hulk armor. His armor has less soak but it regenerates a little as well and he has a higher cap on health so he might be as tough even in his wega armor as a 150 health merc is in hulk armor. Not sure yet. I do like the fact that since his armor has less soak than HULK, he's usually the main tank after everyone else has HULK armor. Regenerate doesn't do much in a tough fight since whoever is tanking is not going to last more than 2 rounds unless you can reliably guarantee a target switch.

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I have actually gotten to the point in previous versions where everyone had Hulk armor that I could sometimes beat a tier 7 bounty without losing anyone but that required training up stats so that all of my mercs had literally identical combat stats so the enemy would target people at random during advanced tactics fights since there was effectively no difference in threat level. I haven't gotten far enough in this version to see if that works still, and random targetting means they will still sometimes focus fire on someone randomly. And yes that means I put Ayden on the bench for this and swapped in Doyle for the tier 7s since he can wear Hulk.

For the above to be worth it without save scumming it also requires that you can get your stats and gear selection set up so that you can guarantee that MC will not be targetted if he gets low on health. That was also possible in previous versions but for the past few versions I have not been able to do that so it might have changed. Lately it seems like MC is either always the tank no matter what, or he's never the tank no matter what. If I'm ever guaranteed to always be the tank then I agree that tier 7 bounties are not worth it. I'm not taking stat losses in every fight.

In the previous version the best I could manage as far as manipulating targets was to make sure MC always has better armor than my mercs so the enemy usually targets the mercs first. That's not going to work for tier 7 bounties though unless you want to lose ALL of your mercs every fight.

I just go with deadly strike and tough on MC and ignore ranged entirely. So I train stamina to 80 and then train melee to 80 if it's not already there by then. It doesn't take very long.

For Mercs I have them use ranged until I get to where I'm training melee on MC, at which point I train my mercs up to 80+ as well and have them all switch to greatswords. I do still have Ayden lead off with his super coil shot for the first round though since that outdamages even a great sword power strike unless you get a crit.

If you do an enhanced start you also definitely want the stryker implant.

I think the new merc is probably superior to Space Marine since he starts with 150 health but you can't get him for like 50 days unless you start off as an expert soldier. I haven't decided for sure yet whether Ayden is better than one of the other top tiers in hulk armor. His armor has less soak but it regenerates a little as well and he has a higher cap on health so he might be as tough even in his wega armor as a 150 health merc is in hulk armor. Not sure yet. I do like the fact that since his armor has less soak than HULK, he's usually the main tank after everyone else has HULK armor. Regenerate doesn't do much in a tough fight since whoever is tanking is not going to last more than 2 rounds unless you can reliably guarantee a target switch.
I've not played a lot recently, being busy with work and waiting for this update as I had a feeling I'd abandon any game I was in to try the character creation system, and I was right. I finally got one start to the forth day and now am trying again as I found out that if you don't take care of Roo and Niko's problems right away their establishments are abandoned!

My last game, which might have been mostly played a few versions ago I got it to where I could start with Plasma and be the target on 'Advanced Tactic' battles, then switch to Powered Katana and let Ayden do his part. On Tier-6 bounties this was enough to beat them almost every time without anyone dropping, with every one in Duraplate. If tried the Greatsword I was the target instead, so I used Powered Katana which was ironic as much of that was played when Greatswords got that temporary bug/nerf and were actually less deadly than the Katana.

That day four game I'm abandoning I took Slaver-3 and my Adora Sanor was Submissive, Workaholic and Perfectioist, natural with no save-scumming. Mae was a nothing, just a Size Queen and I didn't take Biggus Dickus but the rest of the girls were acceptable, a Nerdy Rebecca, base Juno, and decent traits on the randoms I ran into, including a Malevolent Warrioress I could send to the Arena. Oh, well.

Now I'm gonna try again and with your post in mind will go back to dodging the Tier-7s again. I also like playing Hybrids better, I like to keep my options open and play more of a 'Renaissance Man' character. A 'Jack of all Trades' and eventually a 'Master of All.'

I still can't decide what I want to play though! After finding out Combat Armor is almost 6k RD a pop and the House Upgrades got hit by an inflationary hurricane I can't help but think I'm best off going Elite Soldier and taking out more of those targets you get on 'A Dying World.' You can't even get down to Marston Avenue sometimes without facing a potentially difficult battle for teams still using leather armor and rifles.

I decided to stick with my single Skill Class strategy and go all-in on Combat Veteran. I'll be an eighteen year-old veteran of the Border Wars, joined up at fourteen when my Junior ROTC class got called up (Grimdark world but ten year old boys went to sea on warships less than two hundred years ago and in WWII a number of early teen boys died when the HMS Royal Oak was sunk at Scapa Flow) and am now a grizzled veteran like Audie Murphy who lied about his age and enlisted at 16.

I went with these Traits:

Attractive
Brainy
Deadly Strike
Gunslinger
Massive Load
Teen Subduer
Wildborn
Debt
Gluttonous
Limp
Unlucky

I took advantage of a little...trick...I learned about the character creation system. We won't call it an exploit of course because then it might get taken away, but if you raise your Charm manually on the Attributes page to get enough to take 'Attractive' you can then reduce it after getting the free ten points and end up with a Charm of 41.

This character has a decent combat build and some growth potential. I can take Loren out and go Hunting and still be pretty decent at it and can read the books and classes and get good returns. I should do alright with the girls in the long run.

Alright, enough typing and fiddling with the character creation system, I'm gonna play! This time I won't let Roo or Nico go down.

Last edited:
Reactions: sonhot and khumak

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I've not played a lot recently, being busy with work and waiting for this update as I had a feeling I'd abandon any game I was in to try the character creation system, and I was right. I finally got one start to the forth day and now am trying again as I found out that if you don't take care of Roo and Niko's problems right away their establishments are abandoned!
I hear you on the work thing. I've been really busy lately as well so I haven't been able to play much either.

The "abandoned" sites aren't actually abandoned, you just have to kill/capture whatever bandits spawned nearby and they'll be open for business again. If you play with dying world active I think they keep spawning frequently until you get control up to some minimal threshold. I'm not sure how high that is, maybe 20 or something? So you'll have lots of bandits to fight and frequently you'll be blocked from going to certain zones until you clear them. I couldn't even walk from Redhaven to Hamilton square one day without clearing some bandits blocking the way. Personally I like that but some might find it annoying.

How annoying or lucrative those bandits are is heavily RNG dependent as well. Sometimes you get sledgers, sometimes you get marines with assault rifles, and sometimes you get a group with 3 girls and a dude which is IMO by far the best one. If you save scum them you can always get the group with the girls, which means you can end up with a LOT of free female slaves very quickly.

From what I noticed, the extra bandits don't start spawning until day 2. So day 1 I pick up Ansel, Peasant, Bud, Doyle, Rifle Savant, Loren, and Dexter and that gives me enough combat strength to clear out any bandits that get in my way on day 2. I usually go pick up Felix and Aiko on day 2 or 3 as well, and Felix packs a significant punch that early.

I make sure to capture at least 1 slave in every fight and I sell all of the males for about the first month because I have so many things I need money for. I keep all the females.

I took advantage of a little...trick...I learned about the character creation system. We won't call it an exploit of course because then it might get taken away, but if you raise your Charm manually on the Attributes page to get enough to take 'Attractive' you can then reduce it after getting the free ten points and end up with a Charm of 41.
Yeah there are a few bugs in the character creation screen that lets you cheese your way to traits you don't really qualify for if you do things like that.

I usually take 2 levels of soldier to qualify for deadly strike and tough and then go with expert slaver so I can have the story version of Adora. I haven't had enough time to play far enough to even know what her quest is yet but she's guaranteed to have workaholic and perfectionist if you take expert slaver which is a nice bonus. There's another random slave down in South Redhaven named Kate who is guaranteed to always have Shadowborn, which is essentially the equivalent of a stealth suit without requiring the actual suit.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I hear you on the work thing. I've been really busy lately as well so I haven't been able to play much either.

The "abandoned" sites aren't actually abandoned, you just have to kill/capture whatever bandits spawned nearby and they'll be open for business again. If you play with dying world active I think they keep spawning frequently until you get control up to some minimal threshold. I'm not sure how high that is, maybe 20 or something? So you'll have lots of bandits to fight and frequently you'll be blocked from going to certain zones until you clear them. I couldn't even walk from Redhaven to Hamilton square one day without clearing some bandits blocking the way. Personally I like that but some might find it annoying.
Ah, good to know, maybe I'll go back to that game if I can get Nico back. I thought I cleared them all and he was still closed but maybe I missed one or didn't wait long enough. I did get to his Holiday Dresses and wasn't able to give them to him--I'll try again.

I like that too, more training and booty. Quite literally on the latter if you get those girls it seems.

How annoying or lucrative those bandits are is heavily RNG dependent as well. Sometimes you get sledgers, sometimes you get marines with assault rifles, and sometimes you get a group with 3 girls and a dude which is IMO by far the best one. If you save scum them you can always get the group with the girls, which means you can end up with a LOT of free female slaves very quickly.

From what I noticed, the extra bandits don't start spawning until day 2. So day 1 I pick up Ansel, Peasant, Bud, Doyle, Rifle Savant, Loren, and Dexter and that gives me enough combat strength to clear out any bandits that get in my way on day 2. I usually go pick up Felix and Aiko on day 2 or 3 as well, and Felix packs a significant punch that early.

I make sure to capture at least 1 slave in every fight and I sell all of the males for about the first month because I have so many things I need money for. I keep all the females.
Thanks for the info!

I keep all the girls too, and will pretend the other ones ran and I didn't really kill them. I load up on the mercs early too for similar reasons, often I just take the Savant's rifle and send him home to be a Janitor/Scavenger. That poor man has died or dropped under my command so many times I feel guilty about it.

Yeah there are a few bugs in the character creation screen that lets you cheese your way to traits you don't really qualify for if you do things like that.
Oh, really? Pray tell. Some people around here consider cheese an art form. We're just taking what the game is giving us! What else can you get away with? I've tried it with INT and Brainy and it doesn't work, just for Charm and Attractive.

I usually take 2 levels of soldier to qualify for deadly strike and tough and then go with expert slaver so I can have the story version of Adora. I haven't had enough time to play far enough to even know what her quest is yet but she's guaranteed to have workaholic and perfectionist if you take expert slaver which is a nice bonus. There's another random slave down in South Redhaven named Kate who is guaranteed to always have Shadowborn, which is essentially the equivalent of a stealth suit without requiring the actual suit.
This game I had abandoned I took Slaver-3 for the same reasons, I thought I'd gotten extraordinarily lucky with the traits, I didn't realize she was hardwired that way. That's a good idea though, the 'prize' should be worth more than a random you can pick up off the street.

I can't remember what else I took though. There's a way to find the traits but I don't think the Skill classes are listed. I can probably figure it out from where my skills ended up, they've not gone up much in four days playing.

I'll look for Kate, I didn't know there was even a thing known as Shadowborn.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Oh, really? Pray tell. Some people around here consider cheese an art form. We're just taking what the game is giving us! What else can you get away with? I've tried it with INT and Brainy and it doesn't work, just for Charm and Attractive.
You used to be able to do it with the skill classes but I reported that as a bug and Grim fixed it. You can still pick Adonis or Superb in the enhanced section, use the stats from those to pick a trait with a skill minimum, and then remove Adonis and/or Superb and keep the traits you no longer qualify for. I think a few of the normal traits also boost a stat or two and work the same way but I don't remember which ones. I assume Grim will fix those later. I think you can also adjust your age and use the stat boosts from that the same way and then change your age to whatever later but I didn't think to try that.

I'll look for Kate, I didn't know there was even a thing known as Shadowborn.
She's definitely worth it. She always has really good stats. She's in one of the random groups of bandits in South Redhaven so make sure to capture the girls in there. I'm not sure what else she's guaranteed to have for traits. This is how she turned out for me without any save scumming and without any training yet.

Kate1.jpg Kate2.jpg

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
You used to be able to do it with the skill classes but I reported that as a bug and Grim fixed it. You can still pick Adonis or Superb in the enhanced section, use the stats from those to pick a trait with a skill minimum, and then remove Adonis and/or Superb and keep the traits you no longer qualify for. I think a few of the normal traits also boost a stat or two and work the same way but I don't remember which ones. I assume Grim will fix those later. I think you can also adjust your age and use the stat boosts from that the same way and then change your age to whatever later but I didn't think to try that.
Thank you for the details, obviously some of those are different than my little trick as you get nothing for free and still qualify after and you're giving back points in the end. You could think of it as as free way for experienced character creators to get a 'big dick' out of Attractive if they have to because they ran out of points. That kind of makes sense right?

At any rate that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

She's definitely worth it. She always has really good stats. She's in one of the random groups of bandits in South Redhaven so make sure to capture the girls in there. I'm not sure what else she's guaranteed to have for traits. This is how she turned out for me without any save scumming and without any training yet.

View attachment 3363948 View attachment 3363949
Thanks for the rundown, I've not yet explored South Redhaven much, I keep forgetting it's there. Roaming bands of slavegirls to be harvested makes me want to go there now.

That is a nice combination of traits, her avatar pic makes her look about forty though.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
My households these days usually end up with high Corruption and Willpower, but little Emancipation. Like 80+ in most cases outside the newest additions, and single digit Emancipation.
Can you care to elaborate a bit how it works?.

Per wiki

There's a popup (click the question mark just above the stat holders) that explains what they do and how to affect them. In short, household stats get "soaked" by NPCs that are currently occupying your household. If an NPC "successfully" soaks one Corruption point, his Corruption also increases with one point. A soaked Depravity point means that the NPC's Happiness goes down with one point, and so forth

• Emancipation: A sign of your home's equality and democratic values. Active NPC attribute: WILLPOWER (+).

My first interpretation of this was "If your NPC have high willpower, you will have a high Emancipation value", but after your statement and a second reading, I´m not sure if I understood it right. In fact, I´m almost sure that I have understood it wrong.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Wait, so is it 280 points for skill classes and then another 280 points for attributes and traits?

Or am I left with 80 points after I spent 200 to get Expert Scholar for example? Should be this, yes?

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Wait, so is it 280 points for skill classes and then another 280 points for attributes and traits?

Or am I left with 80 points after I spent 200 to get Expert Scholar for example? Should be this, yes?
You get 280 points total, so you'll be left with 80 once you get Expert Scholar.

Reactions: Clemency
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes