dopplerprox

Dec 23, 2023
Hey guys, got a lot of questions here .

Is the Handheld computer II from the store the best hacking tool available or is there a better one?
Where do you get gardening tools for Mai?
Is there a renewable source of female capture able enemies?
Is there a way to move the news room to a different location?
How do you get factions join your power level?
Is KELLY MCTIERNEY recruitment random or needs to be after 300 days to trigger(wiki)?
What are Artifacts (rare) (common) for?
Is there a requirement for slave to teach as professor beside the academic/science minimum?

Last edited:

dopplerprox

Dec 23, 2023
To 1.: In v8.3h there are only Handheld Computer Mark I and Mark II. But there are ways to get a bonus to hacking, ie. via grid keys and high science skill etc.
To 2.: Well the garden tools were previously buyable at Roo's General store, but in v8.3h it was forgotten to include the garden tools in "GenBuy", so they are currently (v8.3h) not buyable - maybe they do (or did) reappear in v8.31 (which is not yet released for the public).
To 3.: Yes (short answer). A little longer answer: global event that lets Marston Fort getting occupied by the "Red Tide" - Shanas. Lone bandit girl in Stokke Hills (does reappear every so often). Otherwise "low control spawns" and roaming bandit groups (from a certain global event) can give a bandit group with three females. All others are in v8.3h not renewable.
To. 4: That depends, what you mean by moving to different location. You can demolish most rooms and then build the room elsewhere, but you might not be able to build the newsroom in any room, only in some "empty rooms" (ie. in the basement).
To. 5: Boost your standing to 100 with that faction (but not possible for all factions), otherwise there is a long forums post of mine about factions a few pages back (and I will not repeat the contents). And for most factions you can only get 1/3 of their power value added to yours.
To. 6: Random, but you need at least one npc (or merc).
To. 7: Rare artifacts can be donated to factions and you might also take a look, what items can be put as furniture in some rooms (ie. rare artifacts).
To. 8: The requirements are literaly on the wiki: if you have 6000 influence, there is no additional requirement, otherwise there is a minimum age.

Thanks for the answers, appreciate it.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
To 2.: Well the garden tools were previously buyable at Roo's General store, but in v8.3h it was forgotten to include the garden tools in "GenBuy", so they are currently (v8.3h) not buyable - maybe they do (or did) reappear in v8.31 (which is not yet released for the public).
When you build the garden you have the option of
a) upgrade the tools
b) upgrade the gardens.

I believe that the 2nd option have replaced the tools at Roo´s

Reactions: NoUseForAName3

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Is KELLY MCTIERNEY recruitment random or needs to be after 300 days to trigger(wiki)?
RNG. You can game it somewhat by reloading a conclude day save when the domestic event is your guard catching someone trying to steal from you. The person could be an urchin boy, an old man, or Kelly, or at least two other possible random npcs. Only Kelly can be added to your household. You can reload that save until it randoms into Kelly.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
To 3.: Yes (short answer). A little longer answer: global event that lets Marston Fort getting occupied by the "Red Tide" - Shanas. Lone bandit girl in Stokke Hills (does reappear every so often). Otherwise "low control spawns" and roaming bandit groups (from a certain global event) can give a bandit group with three females. All others are in v8.3h not renewable.
Is this something new? Don't think I've seen this happen before.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
It has always been there. He is referring to the event where three bandit icons pop on the upper right side of Marston avenue.
Ahh ok I've seen that then. I guess I just didn't notice the association to Fort Sera.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Ahh ok I've seen that then. I guess I just didn't notice the association to Fort Sera.
The conclude day event says they "occupied a fort in Marston".

The bandits spawning in Stokke Hills also say something along the line of occupying a fort in Stokke Hills. It is just safe to assume there are a couple of forts in the western side of the city.

lupoqb

Aug 14, 2019
Small note: Played trough Caitlin Tensor's quest. BRAVO!

TLDR: I was quite reserved when buying Caitlin, since I already knew she would be a bit difficult in the beginning. This time I didn't let her little speech disturb me, allowed her freely to continue her research instead, encouraged her when there was need, assisted on the road and paid her trip to mastersphere etc. I think she performed extraordinarily well and now there is a continuing small income for my MC thanks to Caitlin's work. Oh, she performs well enough in other respects, too, atm. Can't blame her recent behavior at all.
I dismissed Caitlin, thinking it would allow her to go open a clinic, but nothing has happened since. Where do I find her clinic and is there any way to get her back? Even if it's a cheat to modify a variable to bring her back..?

Last edited:

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
I dismissed Caitlin, thinking it would allow her to go open a clinic, but nothing has happened since. Where do I find her clinic and is there any way to get her back? Even if it's a cheat to modify a variable to bring her back..?
The clinic it´s in the Westside. And IIRR you must, before releasing Caitlin, make a free woman of her.

Reactions: tsap

lupoqb

Aug 14, 2019
The clinic it´s in the Westside. And IIRR you must, before releasing Caitlin, make a free woman of her.
I don't see any clinic in Westside Heights. I thought I did make her a free woman... :/ Is there anyway to activate the clinic?

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
I don't see any clinic in Westside Heights. I thought I did make her a free woman... :/ Is there anyway to activate the clinic?
Did you do her quest? Also, I think you need to talk to her first and she mentions wanting to start a clinic, but I could be mistaken on that.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
All I did was press the Free Slave action in the Actions tab. She built her clinic after I dismissed her. You could probably reset her by going through your save file or console command her state from 0(?) to 1. Or just go back to an earlier save file from before you released her.

lupoqb

Aug 14, 2019
All I did was press the Free Slave action in the Actions tab. She built her clinic after I dismissed her. You could probably reset her by going through your save file or console command her state from 0(?) to 1. Or just go back to an earlier save file from before you released her.

I checked, her state is at 1. I'm too far in the quests and npc (slaves) to go back that far.. :(

lupoqb

Aug 14, 2019
Did you do her quest? Also, I think you need to talk to her first and she mentions wanting to start a clinic, but I could be mistaken on that.
she did talk about opening a clinic, but I don't remember a quest opening up in the journal book

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
she did talk about opening a clinic, but I don't remember a quest opening up in the journal book
You have to do her quest to find a cure for fetid blindness for her to open her clinic I believe. IMO it's the best quest that any slave has and is really worth doing. Not sure where she goes if you free her without doing that.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Crel

Jun 5, 2018
dunno if this has been discussed before, but is it feasible (or even necessary) and does GrimDark have any interest in adding a modding framework for easy addition of new slaves and quests by mod?

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
You have to get her affection to, at least, amiable I believe and then ask her about "hopes and dreams". That should trigger her quest.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes