hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
Well, not all of us are particularly interested in dem sluts.
I'm more interested in the combat, adventure, and building my business empire.
If you need your junk polished, can always drop by furry's or something. :sneaky::coffee:
Or a certain other slut in crow's end. Hehe~
Furry's costs money, double morning BJs are free :cool:
And currently I don't feel like I need the money from selling slaves to be set for adventuring.
And assuming you gave your slave combat training, selling them would also be a downgrade in that regard

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Furry's costs money, double morning BJs are free
Pfft "money" what a cheapskate. lol :ROFLMAO::coffee:
And assuming you gave your slave combat training, selling them would also be a downgrade in that regard
Training them for combat is only going to be worth in version 8, it seems.
When they will get a certain perk, plus other things will be reworked. :whistle::coffee:
Part of why i'm gonna re-roll when v8 comes out. :giggle::coffee:

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
I thought I was the only one seemingly not cut out for this job :D
Imo the tradeoff is not worth it, you lose a stable source of sex, income and firepower in exchange for a lump sum of cash... but really there isn't anything to spend it on that would tempt me.
Currently the only incentive to get rid of a slave is to make room for a new one, but unless you have seen ALL content for the slave you're selling it's a big case of sunk cost.
And on top of that if you're playing a benevolent master it feels morally wrong to sell, since they'll most likely end up in worse hands.

Selling only really makes sense on an "evil" path where the relationship is one of contempt/hatred or at least apathy, and apathy is hard to archieve if your slave praises you all day and does everything to please you ("nice" path)
I prefer to think of it from a more practical standpoint. While selling a girl may cost you potential passive income in the future, the influx of cash from a one time payout may allow you to accomplish goals that would take you too long to build up to.

And further, allow you to be in a better position to care for your House. Besides that, not every girl is going to be a good fit for you and your House. Letting her go to a potentially better owner where she may be happier is the selfless thing for a slavemaster to do.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Pfft "money" what a cheapskate. lol :ROFLMAO::coffee:

Training them for combat is only going to be worth in version 8, it seems.
When they will get a certain perk, plus other things will be reworked. :whistle::coffee:
Part of why i'm gonna re-roll when v8 comes out. :giggle::coffee:
Mmmm, im inclined to disagree on that point. My girls do ok right now, but potentially down the line when GD-studios (Grim) is able to code in more flexibility in your crew (being able to have any mix of girls/mercs), some players may want to go all mercs and maximize their household's overall productivity by training/employing all of their girls...

... Or have an all girl crew. Remember, there is no real cap on how good you can train your girls. Their combat potential is only limited by the amount of time and energy you devote to training them personally, or placing them in the arena to gain combat related stats/skills passively over time. In the long run, a trained up girl maybe more deadly than the top merc you can buy.

Plus, they cant die.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Their combat potential is only limited by the amount of time and energy
Wrong.
It's also limited by their tiny hp pool, if they get high-level crit, they're out.
Luckily we're going to get that solved soon, it seems. When the perks come out. :whistle::coffee:
Plus, they cant die.
Wait, what?
Now that's just circus.... :ROFLMAO::coffee:
I thought we already had enough clownery with mc being immortal. :whistle::coffee:

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
Wait, what?
Now that's just circus.... :ROFLMAO::coffee:
I thought we already had enough clownery with mc being immortal. :whistle::coffee:
Wait, you didn't know that? :p
Slaves work the same way as the MC in combat.
They get 'KO'd' instead of killed and lose stats.

So it's mostly a question of: Do you want to spend the time retraining a slaves lost stats or spend the cash to replace a lost merc.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
So it's mostly a question of: Do you want to spend the time retraining a slaves lost stats or spend the cash to replace a lost merc.
Pfft come on, as if anyone is actually going to be doing that. I'll simply reload a save, obviously.
Which brings us back to all that immortality circus, dev should just make things die properly when they should, including mc.
His idea that the absence of death will make people refrain from save scumming is far from correct. :sneaky::coffee:
Taking control of saving would have better effect on that than making everyone immortal.

Jun 10, 2022
Pfft come on, as if anyone is actually going to be doing that. I'll simply reload a save, obviously.
Which brings us back to all that immortality circus, dev should just make things die properly when they should, including mc.
His idea that the absence of death will make people refrain from save scumming is far from correct. :sneaky::coffee:
Taking control of saving would have better effect on that than making everyone immortal.
You're contradicting yourself... You admit on the one hand you'll just reload if things go bad, then on the other hand complain about no perma-death for mc or slaves? If you are in the habit of reloading when things go wrong, then that is on you. No one is making you play that way.

Reactions: tsap

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
You're contradicting yourself... You admit on the one hand you'll just reload if things go bad, then on the other hand complain about no perma-death for mc or slaves? If you are in the habit of reloading when things go wrong, then that is on you. No one is making you play that way.
I'm not complaining.
I'm just sayin' it's pointless to have no death as a measure against save scumming, since everyone will reload anyway. :whistle::coffee:

Jun 10, 2022
I'm not complaining.
I'm just sayin' it's pointless to have no death as a measure against save scumming, since everyone will reload anyway. :whistle::coffee:
You are complaining. You called the current death/injury system a "circus". Further, you are making the assumption everyone plays like you do. If you want characters to perma-die, just play that way. Don't call on the Dev to re-work systems that don't need reworking just to stop you from save scumming. Quit trying to encourage the Dev to make everyone play the way you think the game should be played. Enjoy the game (Remembering it is early Alpha), and play the way you enjoy it. You don't have to exploit the game's mechanics.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
You are complaining. You called the current death/injury system a "circus".
That's because it was intended to combat save scumming, which it fails horribly at. :whistle::coffee:
Further, you are making the assumption everyone plays like you do.
Maybe not everyone, but most? Definitely.
As in, they definitely reload when some sort of outcome is less than satisfying.
If you want characters to perma-die, just play that way.
What way? If they can't die you can't play "that way" lmao. :FacePalm::ROFLMAO:
Don't call on the Dev to re-work systems that don't need reworking just to stop you from save scumming.
Ah, i see what got you edge-lording me. Don't like death much do we? :ROFLMAO::coffee:
Or maybe any changes to your "perfect game?" Something along those lines, it seems.
Quit trying to encourage the Dev to make everyone play the way you think the game should be played.
No, i think i will not quit making completely reasonable observations. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
But don't get your panties in a twist, i doubt the dev will change anything just because i said something. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
Enjoy the game
Way ahead of you. ;):coffee:
You don't have to exploit the game's mechanics.
I doubt simply reloading can be classified as "exploiting game's mechanics" but okay lol. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
It's just that the dev seem to want people to save scum less if he went as far as to try and discourage it by making mc and the slaves immortal. If that is what he wants, then i'd say taking control of the saving system would be far more effective in achieving that than inventing dubious deterrents such as the 'absence of death'. Deterrents which, by the way, don't really work as he hoped anyway. :whistle::coffee:

Last edited:

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
... Or have an all girl crew.
I have an all girl crew and i must say, slaves are much better than mercs...at the moment i have 2 slaves with plasma guns, one merc with a sword and one merc with a shotgun...slaves take the weapons and armor you want them to use, mercs only use their own shit no matter how shitty it is and cant be special trained...
I'd prefer to have (female) mercs as guard the house and my harem while i go gang-hunting with 5 plasma guns and maxed out trainings ^^

Reactions: jsmith27x

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Enough. Most goons need 1-2 hits, some captains 3 and the fucking highwayman captain near the docks 4, but thats the only one who can take that much.

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
That's because it was intended to combat save scumming, which it fails horribly at. :whistle::coffee:
Speaking of combat....
You know that the current system is just a placeholder, right?

There's a more detailed/tactical system in the works.

Any discussion of permadeath or savescumming to avoid it is a moot point until we see what the games combat mechanics are going to actually be.
:p
May i ask how much damage you get on armored opponents with this weapon? :unsure::coffee:
There's a for that :p

Longer answer:
If they're wearing combat or higher, Coilgun will do more.
But. Plasma has no recoil, so it's a good choice for anyone in your party who's ranged skill isn't high enough to deal with the Coilgun's high recoil.

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Plasma has no recoil, so it's a good choice for anyone in your party who's ranged skill isn't high enough to deal with the Coilgun's high recoil.
Yes, i can see that benefit.
But only if you are too lazy to bother training ranged... which, i may just be sometimes. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
Speaking of combat....
You know that the current system is just a placeholder, right?
I sure hope so!
I mean let's be honest here... it's not much of a combat.
I would love combat from fallout one or two, that stuff rocked. :giggle::coffee:
But i doubt that one can be replicated by one dev.

Any discussion of permadeath or savescumming to avoid it is a moot point until we see what the games combat mechanics are going to actually be.
Perhaps... but well, it's not like we got anything better to do in here than wag our tongues anyway~ :giggle::coffee:

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes