Xarfaks

Apr 26, 2021
some things were done for the better like having three slaves now instead of two and now being able to have service members turn into slaves (sadly not possible for mercenaries). but yeah a bit more cleanup would be nice.
one could use all the extra space around the game window for extra info stuff and buttons.

i also tried that single bed in the master room xD. i hoped to get more space there but nope, nothing. those furniture thingies are quite odd tbh. id rather have that as a buyable option in the house menu instead of going to that carpenter.
I play this game on a 4k 48inch TV it looks absolutely hilarious like a webpage or movie from the 90s when widescreen monitors just started appearing and dynamic content was not a thing yet....

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
I play this game on a 4k 48inch TV it looks absolutely hilarious like a webpage or movie from the 90s when widescreen monitors just started appearing and dynamic content was not a thing yet....
1708996515580.png

i mean even on my 1440p monitor i have a lot of grey outlining here that could be used for some additional options :p.

Xarfaks

Apr 26, 2021
View attachment 3389370

i mean even on my 1440p monitor i have a lot of grey outlining here that could be used for some additional options :p.
Yea my second screen is in portrait mode 2160 x 3840
The game does not even try to scale. I have huge whitespace above and below and in the centre it barely fits cutting a few pixels off the border on either side.....

I think it only works well in 1080p

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
I actually seem to get atheism points from the grow after upgrading it?
Is atheism like a full religion in this game? I am sort of confused now........
Atheism is a theological position in its own right in game, it has its own devotion stat and at its highest level can give a chance to boost willpower every day up to 100 and you gain the ability to attempt to convert others to atheist. It is associated most strongly but not intrinsically with the academy, where if you serve as a professor you have a chance of gaining devotion if you are atheist after every lecture you hold.

deldalideldali

Jan 5, 2023
i have a problem. I usually play this game with cheats to avoid the grindy part. When I use the usual "SugarCube.State.active.variables.x" to modify money or my characters stats, it works, but when i use it to change my slave's stats it doesn't work. "SugarCube.State.active.variables.av_ranged = 80" did not work, while "SugarCube.State.active.variables.cash = 5000" worked. It used to work on some older versions but since i updated to 0.8.3c, it stopped working. Help pls ?

ampunsultan

Jun 27, 2020
i have a problem. I usually play this game with cheats to avoid the grindy part. When I use the usual "SugarCube.State.active.variables.x" to modify money or my characters stats, it works, but when i use it to change my slave's stats it doesn't work. "SugarCube.State.active.variables.av_ranged = 80" did not work, while "SugarCube.State.active.variables.cash = 5000" worked. It used to work on some older versions but since i updated to 0.8.3c, it stopped working. Help pls ?
Well, you can use SugarCube.State.variables.npc.avxx where [xx] is the number associated with the npc. You'll need to check inside your pic folder tho to see which number belongs to who. It's easier to use saveeditonline if you want to change slave's stats (especially if you want to change multiple slave's stats in one go).

deldalideldali

Jan 5, 2023
Well, you can use SugarCube.State.variables.npc.avxx where [xx] is the number associated with the npc. You'll need to check inside your pic folder tho to see which number belongs to who. It's easier to use saveeditonline if you want to change slave's stats (especially if you want to change multiple slave's stats in one go).
the saveeditonline didn't worksadly :/ and i won't check every single pic each time either, thx for the advice though

wordwaster

Mar 30, 2018
So I went to a lot of trouble to start making crossbow bolts. I figured it would save me money. But then I started making them and they cost $10 EACH to make. One $5 fastener and one $5 wood give you one bolt. But I can just buy them 8 for $15.
I just checked settings on an easier mode and it is 3 + 3 for 1 where they cost $10 for 8. So it isn't the difficulty setting that is the issue, they are just insanely expensive to craft vs just buying them.

Is that a bug? It doesn't make any sense at all. I assume you are supposed to get more than 1 for each wood/fastener you use because that is the only way that is makes game play sense.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
the saveeditonline didn't worksadly :/ and i won't check every single pic each time either, thx for the advice though
It works. Your old saves just have two data sets of your girls from the previous patch. Try looking up Bianchi via control F, you will find two entries in your save if you patched your save to 0.8.3.

---
Re: my previous post about children, it seems temporary beauty stats are not inherited. Is the plastic surgery beauty stats inherited though? I did not put any of my girls through plastic surgery. I will try to patch one of my old 0.8.2 saves after I do plastic surgery there, if I can find the saves.

Also, has anyone gotten their children past 100 beauty?

I want to know if my child with the urchin girl is legit or I screwed something in the nursery while accelerating growth. The mom started with 87 beauty so our child had 87 beauty, and processing gives random beauty boost.

urchin's daughter 127 stat.png

zaqwsxcde1

Mar 17, 2019
For now, religion is useless in the game? I mean self-improving is a lot better than building up devotion for pesky benefits like charm, tax, and influence.

Xarfaks

Apr 26, 2021
For most things it still works.
You have to favourite the slave and start an interaction like open inventory then the commands will work again.....

Alternatively you can use
SugarCube.State.active.variables.npc
this will get you a full list of all NPCs. Keep in mind the surname is first in the list. Others you have to inspect elements to see who it is.

kiljaeden

Jun 2, 2019
I don't like furniture mechanic. Doesn't add much to the game and kinda confusing. Upgrades to the rooms should come with furnitures. Just increase the upgrade prices and upgrade benefits. Too much clicking and micro managing.

Willhelmcz

Apr 11, 2021
Does somebody know the code for Hunt Research lab access door? Can not hack even with 2nd tier field hacking computer, raising the requested slave as secondary approach to acces their lab, seems to me almost impossible either. :) Thanks

Reactions: darkengeobr

msor

Aug 5, 2020
For now, religion is useless in the game? I mean self-improving is a lot better than building up devotion for pesky benefits like charm, tax, and influence.
Why not doing both? You can building up devotion passively, by upgrading shrine. And making 5 prays per day is easy as well.
The Cult of Elder is extremely useful in beginning of a game, when stats are low and hunting is a main source of income.
And +10 to damage from AEsirs are always useful.

Xarfaks

Apr 26, 2021
I don't like furniture mechanic. Doesn't add much to the game and kinda confusing. Upgrades to the rooms should come with furnitures. Just increase the upgrade prices and upgrade benefits. Too much clicking and micro managing.
Well currently it also solves the problem with artefacts. I found only one the holy incense burner or what ever....
So it has future potential for unique items that give room bonuses. Different stores ETC...
I think it needs playtesting and some improvement but in general it works ok.

mad666

Oct 10, 2017
hey guy what is artifact for and how do i use it
and what the dif between rare and common artifact

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
I´m now in my 60 day of a 8.3c run, and I want to talk about something new and really important in this version. Something that are game changers.

We need to change the mindset that we get from 8.22 and early versions. In this versions we manage a household with 8 slaves and some mercenaries, all in all a 20 people household. You can go, one by one, and check his happiness, check his affection, see his corruption and manage with smooth words and some dicking keep things fine. You can NOT do this with a 40+ household. Simply, the day it´s not long enough and it´s a lot of clicking. You need actions that affect more than one servant/slave. And there are actions that do this.

You need to build your gazebo, and have a shrine in your Yard. The actions are conducted in this locations. There are actions that affect only a close group, your followers, and there are actions that affect all your household. Let´s talk with the follower´s group action first.

As far as you have build the gazebo, you can give lectures about science and academics to your followers. It´s a 2 hour action, you make a check against your skill in the subject and, if successful, your followers gain a +1 on the subject. It´s faster that home schooling, you have better chances of success and you give bonus to 4 servants, not to one. It´s caped, not sure if to 70 or to 75, but you can raise effectively your servant skills enough to send her (or him) to work as professors.

With the basic temple, you can give lectures to your followers. It´s an hour action and a check against manipulation, and with Man 50 and religious rank 30 (not sure if relevant) I get a 75 chance. You can affect, as an ateist, Corruption or Willpower. And there are a third slot that it´s grey. May be it´s reserved for other religions, may be reserved for higher devotion, I don´t know at this moment.

All this things are nice, and convenient. But I have promised "game changers", and this hardly are game changers. Let´s go with them now.

WORK HARD, PARTY HARD! IT´S POOL PARTY TIME!!!
Once you have build the gazebo, you can build a pool on it. Not sure if the basic pool it´s enough or you need to build an improvement, but then you can hold pool parties for ALL your household.

It´s a 2 hours action, and costs you 10$ per participant (dirty cheap, barely qualify as peanuts).

With the Party Animal Trait (by far the most potent trait in the game, and the only that I consider mandatory, or almost mandatory) and fancy lights and a cooled bar, you get +2 affection and +2-6 happiness. For all the 40+ members of your household. All of them.

In my household now I get 84 points of affection and 84-252 points of happiness each time you hove a party pool. Simply you can not beat it.

And it will keep happy your attention whores, as an extra. And you will have at least two of them (Bud and Sophie).

THE HOUSEHOL THAT PRAY TOGETHER, HOLDS TOGETHER

In order to perform a lecture/mass for all your household, you need to improve your shrine. It´s the same that the lecture for only your followers, but for all your household.

Depending in what subject you choose, if you are are successful you House get a +/-5 on corruption/despair and some (not all) of the participants are affected by your preach. There are some variability, and the effect will change with your degree of success, but with a 50 manipulation and 30 devotion you get a 75% chance of success, and with a 45 roll, 25 of my 42 members household get a +/-1 corruption/willpower.

And it´s hard to beat an action that uses one hour, cost you no money at all and not sure now if no fatigue or just a couple of points and put a 25 points shift in the point of view of your servants.

*****************************************************************************************************

And just a point, both for the shrine masses or the party pools. Make them after 5pm. If you try to make them early in the morning or during the day, the attendance it´s a lot lower. Not every one will go to them.

4.50 star(s) 136 Votes