khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
What Gambling skill level do I need to regularly succeed at the Dockside Tavern?
I don't think there's ever a skill level where you're guaranteed to win if that's what you mean unless it's skill in using F5. You might lose less money raising gambling at Fury's, but personally I prefer poker. You do eventually get to where you can reliably profit at poker if you play well but you won't win every hand. You'll have to get a feel for which hands to fold and accept that you're going to lose sometimes unless you get a 999.

Lurker452

Jun 13, 2022
I don't think there's ever a skill level where you're guaranteed to win if that's what you mean unless it's skill in using F5. You might lose less money raising gambling at Fury's, but personally I prefer poker. You do eventually get to where you can reliably profit at poker if you play well but you won't win every hand. You'll have to get a feel for which hands to fold and accept that you're going to lose sometimes unless you get a 999.
Yeah, I'm wondering where that "reliably" point is. 70? 80?

Mar 5, 2024
Same version. 0831b public. That's weird.
There is nothing weird. You do get the option to enslave loren/aiko/enya in v8.31b (unmodded version),
iff¹ they are not currently enslaved and have the status=3 (servant), so in the game where you do get that option,
your loren/aiko/enya have servant status, which has something to do, with you only having used
an old v8.3 version (to upgrade from v8.23c) and did not use v8.3h with your "long running game". If you would start a new game in v8.31b, you would not be able to enslave them as they would have status 4 (merc) and
not status 3 (servant) - at least as long as you do not override that status to change it to three (or two or 1).

¹) If and only if

chaosiv

May 23, 2020
There is nothing weird. You do get the option to enslave loren/aiko/enya in v8.31b (unmodded version),
iff¹ they are not currently enslaved and have the status=3 (servant), so in the game where you do get that option,
your loren/aiko/enya have servant status, which has something to do, with you only having used
an old v8.3 version (to upgrade from v8.23c) and did not use v8.3h with your "long running game". If you would start a new game in v8.31b, you would not be able to enslave them as they would have status 4 (merc) and
not status 3 (servant) - at least as long as you do not override that status to change it to three (or two or 1).

¹) If and only if
I see, so the enslave option will only be available when using the old 0823 save files and already recruited them in that version?

Mar 5, 2024
I see, so the enslave option will only be available when using the old 0823 save files and already recruited them in that version?
You did miss a step, you would also need to use an old v8.3 version to patch that save file to v8.3 using the patcher from v8.31 will not work (at least if the patcher from v8.31 is the same patcher used for v8.3h). And then again, if you just want to enslave some mercs, just change their status to 3 (servant) or to 2 (slave). Information how to change stats/variables of npcs has already been mentioned in this thread multiple times. BTW Loren is av20, Enya is av22 and Aiko is av32 (if I remember correctly).

Reactions: Clemency

rugburn

Sep 16, 2018
I started a new save and Caitlins quest "The Blind Hunt" is stuck. I've done it numerous times before with no problems. I'm on the part where you return from collecting the samples and have to wait a few days. No dialogue option to advance the quest. I skipped like 2+ weeks in game and still nothing. Anyone know a solution?

Edit: Apparently assigning her to a job or having her doing other stuff before starting the quest can mess with it? I had her assigned as gardener but removed her from any jobs and as follower, still nothing. Am I going to be waiting months in game or something? Or is the quest completely fucked? I just advanced about another week in game and still nothing.

Last edited:

GD-studios

The Budman
Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I started a new save and Caitlins quest "The Blind Hunt" is stuck. I've done it numerous times before with no problems. I'm on the part where you return from collecting the samples and have to wait a few days. No dialogue option to advance the quest. I skipped like 2+ weeks in game and still nothing. Anyone know a solution?

Edit: Apparently assigning her to a job or having her doing other stuff before starting the quest can mess with it? I had her assigned as gardener but removed her from any jobs and as follower, still nothing. Am I going to be waiting months in game or something? Or is the quest completely fucked? I just advanced about another week in game and still nothing.
Did you free her by any chance? That quest is horribly patched and in need of an overhaul - as it touches on several old 0.7 systems that are not in use anymore.

Her quests should work flawlessly if:

- She remains a slave (not wife, not servant etc).
- She is unassigned from all titles/jobs, except as a follower when doing expeditions.
- She is not in the training room or assigned for Morning BJs.

Last edited:

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
Is building more than 1 library in the house worth it? So many empty rooms with that option.

Reactions: rKnight
Mar 5, 2024
Is building more than 1 library in the house worth it? So many empty rooms with that option.
If you have more than one library in v8.31 (and v8.3) you will get the boni from the library with the "highest room number" for the mignight calculations (stat raises of the npcs).

Reactions: sonhot

FallenR

Nov 2, 2021
There is no Incest from the pregnancy system like Free Cities or Strive (if you're hoping like me if you saw pregnancy), found out about it after 5 days of play, as of version 0.8.3.1b. Nice Game play though if you have the time and patience to learn how to play. Hopefully, there's a patch for a faster way to advance pregnancy either through cheats like the +1 age or buying an item that accelerates it like in Apocalyptic World. Additionally, please add some prego scenes for all npc, thank you.

Jun 10, 2022
There is no Incest from the pregnancy system like Free Cities or Strive (if you're hoping like me if you saw pregnancy), found out about it after 5 days of play, as of version 0.8.3.1b. Nice Game play though if you have the time and patience to learn how to play. Hopefully, there's a patch for a faster way to advance pregnancy either through cheats like the +1 age or buying an item that accelerates it like in Apocalyptic World. Additionally, please add some prego scenes for all npc, thank you.
In game settings you can speedup pregnancy and child development.

Reactions: FallenR
4.50 star(s) 136 Votes