weezal

Jul 5, 2022
Any of you guys know the command to get the black scorpion to respawn? I tried the $raien1 thing but couldn't get it to work. cheers

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I've not save-scummed my mercs, I just take what I get. I don't really save-scum the girls much either, though I do try to ensure I don't get duplicates. Usually that's by selling the less impressive one, but sometimes I savescum them. I often do try to get the 'right' Rebecca or Lovisa, one that matches or builds upon the ones I've gotten in the past.

Hrm, looking at this last RftA run I can see the advantages to save-scumming the mercs for traits. I wondered why my Ayden in that game doesn't qualify to be a top Quartermaster, he doesn't have Techie like I remember him getting most of the time.
Yeah I never bother to save scum traits on randoms. I used to save scum workaholic on the unique slave girls but now that you can add random males to your house I find that I don't need to do that anymore. I capture so many slaves that some of them are guaranteed to randomly have workaholic. So I save those for eventually workshop labor. Don't care if they're girls or not. I can grind out workaholic on my uniques eventually if I want to but between the mercs who are guaranteed to have it and whatever randoms I find with it I can get 10 workaholics without needing to save scum.

Some of the mercs I find it annoying if they don't get any of the goodies I know they can have. Like Bud not being a scavenger. Come on, what else am I going to do with him?

Workaholic is trainable but not on mercs. Maybe when you can enslave mercs you could grind it out if you want to. The traits I really wish there was a way to train are Scavenger, Brawler, and Malevolent. Warrior and Bloodthirsty are already trainable.

I usually do save scum malevolent on the ex arena champ just because I find the slave arena tedious if the girl I put there doesn't have at least 3 of the traits relevant to the arena. As long as I can guarantee malevolent on her I can train up all the others on her. It used to be possible to train a girl up to where she could beat Raven 100% of the time without F5. I'm not sure if that's the case anymore. I know that bloodthirsty/malevolent/warrior/brawler is not enough to do it. Maybe if they also worship Aesir and also have 120+ strength and melee? Not sure. You can still get a girl to be profitable fighting Raven without F5 but I find it annoying if she ever loses, and I'd rather not have to F5 it.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
I want to reset the mission The Prowler in the Depths 2. What should I do?
So Leia Winton?

Save to disk before trying this. If you have more than one of her too, you might risk bricking something.

Control + Shift + J to open console command and enter these lines individually:

SugarCube.State.active.variables.oldone3 = undefined

SugarCube.State.active.variables.oldone2 = 9

SugarCube.State.active.variables.wintontalk = false

SugarCube.State.active.variables.quest_winton = 4

SugarCube.State.active.variables.wintonsex = 1

Any of you guys know the command to get the black scorpion to respawn? I tried the $raien1 thing but couldn't get it to work. cheers
It is this, no?

SugarCube.State.active.variables.raien1 = 1

Reactions: Darkcroxz

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Workaholic is trainable but not on mercs.
Wait, why? Can you not assign them as Janitors? If they have 60+ discipline, I think they can gain Workaholic as Janitors, 16.67% chance according to the wiki. Wiki does not list that they need positive happiness and affection so I think it is not needed. What I do is I remove them from followers before midnight calculations roll around, on the paranoid chance that keeping them as followers when midnight hits means they are not treated as janitors.

Reactions: khumak

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Wait, why? Can you not assign them as Janitors? If they have 60+ discipline, I think they can gain Workaholic as Janitors, 16.67% chance according to the wiki. Wiki does not list that they need positive happiness and affection so I think it is not needed. What I do is I remove them from followers before midnight calculations roll around, on the paranoid chance that keeping them as followers when midnight hits means they are not treated as janitors.
Oh janitors can become workaholics now? Nice. It used to only be maids. In that case Bud is the only merc I'll feel compelled to save scum since Scavenger is not trainable as far as I know.

Sep 17, 2017
I'm getting back into the game after a bit over a year away, and trying to figure something out. When I had played previously, the Academy job had a "you must teach so many days per month or lose influence/standing" counter which I can't seem to find anymore. Was this counter moved somewhere else in the UI, or was that requirement altered/removed? I am trying a full academic expert start, so didn't get any message that might have explained it from taking the job directly if there is one, and didn't find anything mentioning a change when I skimmed through the patch notes on the wiki.

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
In Ayden's case you could still guarantee his perks later but only if you never enter the bath house until you're ready to do it, which would be a shame for a low stamina build. You could get Bud later as well if you never enter the weapon shop but that means you can't use guns at all until you unlock Crystal Hills so you can buy ammo there. There are some others that can get nice perks that you could get later if you just avoid the area they're in til later like Doyle, Space Marine, Loren, Armand, etc. Felix and Enya are the main mercs you wouldn't be able to do anything about. You're going to have to go through Kasey park and Crystal Hills relatively early.
what does not going to the bathhouse/gun store have to do with ayden? is it some hidden quest? I know there is the option when you first meet him to say something like "big fan" I guess which may make him like you more?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
what does not going to the bathhouse/gun store have to do with ayden? is it some hidden quest? I know there is the option when you first meet him to say something like "big fan" I guess which may make him like you more?
Was talking about locking in their traits which are determined the first time you enter the same area they're in, whether you talk to them or not. So if you walk into the bathhouse, Ayden's traits are set even if you ignore him. But now that I know you can train up workaholic by setting people as janitors I'm not really concerned with any of the mercs except Bud. Bud can get scavenger but it's not guaranteed. So I won't step into the weapon shop until I'm ready to hire him and guarantee that he has the scavenger trait. Techie is nice to have but it's not really needed. You can duplicate the effect by just training science skill on someone. It's just nice not to have to.

Reactions: DrLizardman

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Oh janitors can become workaholics now? Nice. It used to only be maids. In that case Bud is the only merc I'll feel compelled to save scum since Scavenger is not trainable as far as I know.
If Bud don´t get scavenger, it´s quite useless, yes.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
I'm getting back into the game after a bit over a year away, and trying to figure something out. When I had played previously, the Academy job had a "you must teach so many days per month or lose influence/standing" counter which I can't seem to find anymore. Was this counter moved somewhere else in the UI, or was that requirement altered/removed? I am trying a full academic expert start, so didn't get any message that might have explained it from taking the job directly if there is one, and didn't find anything mentioning a change when I skimmed through the patch notes on the wiki.
It was removed some builds ago. Something that I don´t like, BTW...

Reactions: High_Imperceptor
Sep 29, 2019
What do Linemod?Under option on the second page you can now turn on Linemod.But there is no explanation on what that thing will do.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Was talking about locking in their traits which are determined the first time you enter the same area they're in, whether you talk to them or not. So if you walk into the bathhouse, Ayden's traits are set even if you ignore him. But now that I know you can train up workaholic by setting people as janitors I'm not really concerned with any of the mercs except Bud. Bud can get scavenger but it's not guaranteed. So I won't step into the weapon shop until I'm ready to hire him and guarantee that he has the scavenger trait. Techie is nice to have but it's not really needed. You can duplicate the effect by just training science skill on someone. It's just nice not to have to.
Why do you have to wait to hire Bud? It's not like he cost much and after you get him with the guaranteed trait you want you can just release him again if you don't want him in the house right away. He'll still be in the weapon store afterwards. Or did something change about hiring and firing mercs?

Reactions: Gunner Rey
Mar 5, 2024
What I do is I remove them from followers before midnight calculations roll around, on the paranoid chance that keeping them as followers when midnight hits means they are not treated as janitors.
Hmm, at least here you are not paranoid. As it is the normal jobs all use the dayblock variable and follower set the dayblock variable to 999. This means that for nearly any and all jobs (but not titles) you do need to remove the follower from its slot before the midnight calculations happen - with the sole exception being Nicole working in a newsroom (which she will do, even if she is following the mc/pc around all day and even at midnight).

Be aware though that Grimdark (GD-Studios) does in at least one case confuse dayblock 20 (Tavern whore) and dayblock 25 (Gladiatrix) - when the slot of a tavern whore (dayblock=20) is cleared (passage ClearSlot is called) then the variable $arenanpcs is increased by 1 (meaning that it is theoretically possible to have more than 6 female npcs signed up in the arena).

Please also note, that the usage of "giving a day off" and having a npc in bondage during midnight calculation is not handled consistently (in v8.31 and before).

Ie. a few stat increases (like working in Nika's clothing store) might happen, even if the npc is given a day-off (eventhough you might not earn any money) and npcs on scavenging duty, will happily perform their job, even if tied up (either on the rack or even in a prison cell) or given a day-off, also Slave Master/Mistress will happily perform their job, if they are currently lavishing in a prison cell (or if they have been given a day-off), a guard captain (even if given a day-off or in bondage) will happily train its guards (eventhough at least the guards should not be bound during the midnight calculations, but they can be trained, if they have been given a day-off), also factory workers will happily work in a workshop (even if strung up on the rack, given a day-off or if they are only able to work in a prison cell and not in the actual workshop). The Janitor will happily increase the workaholic trait (if given a day-off), but will not do so, if he is in bondage during midnight calculations (please note, that during each midnight calculations - at least in the current public version - either all janitors will increase their workaholic trait, if the other conditions are meet, or none will - as the variable $lossroll is used and not _lossroll). Also note, that you will gain money from npcs doing academical work, even if they have been given a day-off (or they are in bondage during midnight calculations), but you will not gain money from npcs working at a vendor or from Gold walkers, if they have been given a day-off¹. This is info for v8.31 (and not for the current alpha version - eventhough I doubt that this has so far been changed for the current alpha and I doubt that it will get changed, unless somehow Grimdark becomes aware of these inconsistencies and considering the chances done from v8.3 to v8.31 I doubt that he will get aware of these inconsistencies by me having posted this info in this thread).

ps. The list is not complete.

¹) Why did I explicitly write, that they are not earning money, if given a day-off, but did neglate to mention what is the case, if they are currently in bondage (ie. have been in a prison cell for a few days or are enjoying a nice bondage session on the rack at midnight)?

弗罗多

Jun 7, 2020
{2A98B982-6A9C-4cf9-B4FF-E4CD582FE3F9}.png this is my graduation works of furry trvern collge.red mean first,blue mean good if you have ample points.
of course if you star the game with huntmaster wildborn may also be red

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
View attachment 3614761 this is my graduation works of furry trvern collge.red mean first,blue mean good if you have ample points.
of course if you star the game with huntmaster wildborn may also be red
As recently discussed. Manhunter increases capture chance from 81% to 96% when MC is using staff and no change when MC is using whip or when other party members try to capture someone...
It also increases sell price...But that is kind of meh...

Is that really something you consider red?

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Patch notes are out on the wiki for the upcoming version:

Re: Traits

My tierlist:
  • S Tier: Manhunter, Debt, Brainy, Deadly Strike, Unlucky
  • A Tier: Party Animal, Tough, Wildborn (conditional)
  • Tier I Badly Want To Believe In It: Teen Subduer, Attractive, Crackshot,
I should explain Tier I Badly Want To Believe In It. Here, I list the traits that provide bonuses you can never get otherwise, traits that should flat out add value to your rolls independent of your trainable stats but I also do not see them as being too valuable or sometimes not even useful currently. Teen subduer, for example, is an always present bonus to your rolls if the description is to be believed. As long as the girl is 19 years old or less, it always applies. Especially helpful with an early Rebecca for Skullduggerist. But there's only so much points to go around.

Reactions: sonhot and Fauno36

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Patch notes are out on the wiki for the upcoming version:

Re: Traits

My tierlist:
  • S Tier: Manhunter, Debt, Brainy, Deadly Strike, Unlucky
  • A Tier: Party Animal, Tough, Wildborn (conditional)
  • Tier I Badly Want To Believe In It: Teen Subduer, Attractive, Crackshot,
I should explain Tier I Badly Want To Believe In It. Here, I list the traits that provide bonuses you can never get otherwise, traits that should flat out add value to your rolls independent of your trainable stats but I also do not see them as being too valuable or sometimes not even useful currently. Teen subduer, for example, is an always present bonus to your rolls if the description is to be believed. As long as the girl is 19 years old or less, it always applies. Especially helpful with an early Rebecca for Skullduggerist. But there's only so much points to go around.
I mostly agree although the list can change depending on what start you're using. For instance you can't get all of those in a Rise start unless you take a debilitating number of disadvantages. You CAN get all of these though so I would reluctantly drop Deadly Strike and Wildborn in a Rise play through.

I don't consider Huge Penis or Massive Load to be high priority but the other traits leave 5 points left over so there's really nothing else to get unless you want to just spend them on stats. Deadly Strike + Wildborn would cost an extra 120 since you'd have to get 2 levels of soldier to qualify for them. That's equal to your entire starting pool for a Rise start.

Also I think getting both Deadly Strike and Crackshot is a luxury that is not worth it unless you're doing an enhanced start and have so many points you can just get everything. Normally you want 1 or the other.

rise.jpg

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 136 Votes