PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
Charmander was always the best pick, for the original Red and Blue, but... I'm not a furry, and this leaves me very confused in the pants area.

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Charmander was always the best pick, for the original Red and Blue, but... I'm not a furry, and this leaves me very confused in the pants area.
Lol. Charmander was the hardest pick for blue, lol. And the hardest for red, except you could get a mankey in red to low kick all the rock types to death. In blue your only bet was to get a caterpie to butterfree and use confuse over and over.
Bulbasaur was best pick, since the first gym was rock and the second was water, both weak against grass.

Jan 31, 2018
OK PIN THIS IF NEEDED !! SKIP GAME HACK FOR ALL VERSIONS

You can use cheat engine to do this easy hack to skip the game. Yes you can use Hex editor to do it but if you think that you can understand how it works and its too much of a hassle to get it to work then try my method.

start the game
open cheat engine and open the game in it
Setting the type as DOUBLE and with the speedhack set to something low you can do the first scan in some random value that is not zero. (the speedhack is there just look carefully mark a tick on it)
Keep scanning again and again till you get a single value.
Bring the value down and change the value to 1000

Only drawback here is that you have repeat this everytime you launch the game.

Oh and dont forget to disable speedhack once you are done with finding the value.

Thank you

Reactions: dragpz

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
Lol. Charmander was the hardest pick for blue, lol. And the hardest for red, except you could get a mankey in red to low kick all the rock types to death. In blue your only bet was to get a caterpie to butterfree and use confuse over and over.
Bulbasaur was best pick, since the first gym was rock and the second was water, both weak against grass.
The first 2 gyms were insanely easy though, and obviously your going to take butterfree every time, he pretty much caries you through the game. Psychic attacks were busted as hell in the original games. On the other hand, you didn't get a reliable fire type until endgame. You could easily mow through the game with Charmander as first pick.

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
The first 2 gyms were insanely easy though, and obviously your going to take butterfree every time, he pretty much caries you through the game. Psychic attacks were busted as hell in the original games. On the other hand, you didn't get a reliable fire type until endgame. You could easily mow through the game with Charmander as first pick.
Fire types were pretty much worthless in red and blue, though. Get one or two psychics (I used kadabra) and steamroll literally everything but the psychic gym. Can't remember what I used there off the top of my head, though. Psychic really was too powerful in red, blue, and yellow. I may have just stuck with Kadabra, due to the attack psychic pretty much one shotting even other psychic pokemon. And psybeam two or three shotted them.
I haven't played a single pokemon game since ruby/sapphire, though.

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
Fire types were pretty much worthless in red and blue, though. Get one or two psychics (I used kadabra) and steamroll literally everything but the psychic gym. Can't remember what I used there off the top of my head, though. Psychic really was too powerful in red, blue, and yellow. I may have just stuck with Kadabra, due to the attack psychic pretty much one shotting even other psychic pokemon. And psybeam two or three shotted them.
I haven't played a single pokemon game since ruby/sapphire, though.
Charizard helps a lot during the Elite Four, though. And he rolls over the Grass and Poison Gyms super easy. Yeah you can do that with Psychic, but Butterfree is weak against a literal ton of things, and Alakazam had poor HP in the original games. You get 6 Pokemon, so there's no reason to just rely on Alakazam.

The games after Red/Blue are mostly good. Off the top of my head, Pokemon Black/White are my favorite games in the series, because they bring back a lot of the liked older mechanics and progression. The newer Switch game is kind of in a weird place, because there's a ton of Poke to catch, the story/music is better than most of the other games, but it's incredibly easy and there's no content really; the games super linear. It had some DLC last year, but I never played it, so I'm not sure what to say there.

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Charizard helps a lot during the Elite Four, though. And he rolls over the Grass and Poison Gyms super easy. Yeah you can do that with Psychic, but Butterfree is weak against a literal ton of things, and Alakazam had poor HP in the original games. You get 6 Pokemon, so there's no reason to just rely on Alakazam.

The games after Red/Blue are mostly good. Off the top of my head, Pokemon Black/White are my favorite games in the series, because they bring back a lot of the liked older mechanics and progression. The newer Switch game is kind of in a weird place, because there's a ton of Poke to catch, the story/music is better than most of the other games, but it's incredibly easy and there's no content really; the games super linear. It had some DLC last year, but I never played it, so I'm not sure what to say there.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Now I think that's enough of the off-topic chat in this game's forums, lol.

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes