BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
I dont think that method works anymore, i tried it and couldnt find the sting of hex
The problem is that the code location for the patreon isn't in the same place. Nor is it the same sequence and most people can't figure out which hex sequence it is. So...That doesn't work for the new episodes. Secondly, is there any publicly available programs you can recommend for this task in particular?
I'll look into it. Gotta go get food first. It's probably got a dynamic offset address in that hex string. The first few bytes will never change, some in the middle might need to be wild, the rest static again.
I checked into it, address offsets being referenced did change. As per usual, extract entire game (use 7z, not CrapRar), patch data.win: byte 00 at 027DAC20 to 01. I figured it might change but I wanted more than one person to 'confirm' it had changed. Most of the time "I can't do it..." they're a bunch of 12-year olds discovering their business for the first time. Just get so tired these days is all. *shrug*
Kinnerman Can you confirm it works for you too? Oh, as for public software, not a lot out there that is decent for GM stuff. Usually just write my own tools in situations like this. This one was just simple.

Last edited:

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Does this, or will this, ever have a gallery to rewatch scenes? I played it in the first version, and the minigame in between scenes was a bit of an issue. As well as having to do the whole thing over again if you want to re-watch anything.

And I mean the entire scene, text and all.

boyz123

Oct 23, 2017
If you're more familiar with Cheatengine you can also use it to fill the gauge instantly everytime. You just need to find the adress once and then reactivate it whenever you get into a minigame.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
If you're more familiar with Cheatengine you can also use it to fill the gauge instantly everytime. You just need to find the adress once and then reactivate it whenever you get into a minigame.
The problem with that is the same problem with any dynamically processed language. You'd have to do it every time due to dynamic addresses (each launch) and pointer scans would never work across launches either.

boyz123

Oct 23, 2017
The problem with that is the same problem with any dynamically processed language. You'd have to do it every time due to dynamic addresses (each launch) and pointer scans would never work across launches either.

You're right but the adress took me 5 seconds to find it so I didn't really mind it. The other option is better in the long run for sure.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
You're right but the adress took me 5 seconds to find it so I didn't really mind it. The other option is better in the long run for sure.
Yeah. Simply extracting and byte-patching will beat using a software that has a viral/trojan installer any day.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Cheat Engine is not a virus. Either you were going to the wrong place or you were getting a false positive from something.

Only ever download Cheat Engine from the official site.
You don't know what you're talking about. Read the Cheat Engine forums, github, and pretty much anywhere else on the web. Long-running issue and gripe of people using it. The Cheat Engine developer uses a viral/adware installer and has admitted to this and refuses to change. Claims they aren't responsible for the content of the installer because it is through a third-party. If you don't want to use the installer, you can manually download it but will need to manually create registry keys and such for file associations if desired. As for me, I don't use AVs, I don't need them. Haven't used one for over a decade and a half.

Last edited:

XoeSara

Aug 11, 2018
You don't know what you're talking about. Read the Cheat Engine forums, github, and pretty much anywhere else on the web. Long-running issue and gripe of people using it. The Cheat Engine developer uses a viral/adware installer and has admitted to this and refuses to change. Claims they aren't responsible for the content of the installer because it is through a third-party. If you don't want to use the installer, you can manually download it but will need to manually create registry keys and such for file associations if desired. As for me, I don't use AVs, I don't need them. Haven't used one for over a decade and a half.
ok, i'm sorry I made a mistake:cry:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
ok, i'm sorry I made a mistake:cry:
It happens, no worries. I may sound sour, but I simply do a lot of damage-control from a lot of things in the wild. Fixing other people's messes IRL and OL can become exhausting. I try to shut down incorrect information/advice as quickly as possible. Peace.

Last edited:

skagtrendy01

Jun 10, 2017
I'll look into it. Gotta go get food first. It's probably got a dynamic offset address in that hex string. The first few bytes will never change, some in the middle might need to be wild, the rest static again.
I checked into it, address offsets being referenced did change. As per usual, extract entire game (use 7z, not CrapRar), patch data.win: byte 00 at 027DAC20 to 01. I figured it might change but I wanted more than one person to 'confirm' it had changed. Most of the time "I can't do it..." they're a bunch of 12-year olds discovering their business for the first time. Just get so tired these days is all. *shrug*
Kinnerman Can you confirm it works for you too? Oh, as for public software, not a lot out there that is decent for GM stuff. Usually just write my own tools in situations like this. This one was just simple.
Appologies if im being dumb I've downloaded the game, then using 7 zip extracted game, in that folder ive found the file data.win. Ive opened that with notepad and the dociument is complete jiberish and i cannot find the byte you are referencing.

Appolgies if im completely doing this wrong and any help would be greatly appriciated. Cheers.

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes