Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I think you underestimate John Riccitello.

When he was CEO of Electronic Arts, they won "Worst Company of the Year" title twice in a row, beating out companies like cigarrete manufacturers and mercenary agencies involved in war crimes...

The company that merged with Unity infamously, is specialized in spying on users that do not consent, for example because Installers have elevated privileges they sneak spy code in them, to the point Microsoft started to detect such installers to delete them as malware.

And Unity themselves recently, promised stock owners that they would find a way around Apple privacy restrictions on iPhones, and they sought this fusion after their stock went down when they disclosed to investors that their own technological efforts failed.

Are you SURE you would trust a company like that? They literally promised investors, to ignore user consent. If they promise you they won't breach your privacy, what makes you think their promise to you, rando guy they don't know, is more important than their promise to investors that give them money?
You have any financial ties with John Riccitello or something?

Where is the misinformation?

Meanwhile Unity is literally losing money after promises to go around Apple rules failed.

Calm down, dude.
Seriously you sound like either you have a personal vendetta against the guy, or you work for the competition. Or you sound like one of those doomsday people that scream in the streets about how the end of the world is close.
Nobody said the man was an angel, you don't need to go full Deus Vult on every person that doesn't immediatly agree with you...

Jan 18, 2018
I know this would be a lot more work, but character creation would be welcome. If you could make a system for that, you could have the monsters pick up physical traits from their parents to affect their model. So you could breed fur color, breast size, weight, hairstyle, fur coverage, etc.

kinto

Jun 29, 2018
i loved breeding season, i played it with its original art style, but this kind of games seems... cursed, you know. they always enter a limbo, i hope you can go further than them, i dont think H-bomb will come to sue you he just disappeared. i wish you the best of lucks.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
You have any financial ties with John Riccitello or something?

Where is the misinformation?

Meanwhile Unity is literally losing money after promises to go around Apple rules failed.

No, I am just being a realist.

The misinformation is believing that somehow all Unity Games are plagued by malware, that's not the case.

You can be pissed off at their practices, rightfully so. I mean, it is not like that's the worst thing they have done anyways.
However, going around the threads of games using Unity trying to fear mongering the players is only going to hurt the game devs.

Jan 18, 2018
I'm not sure that a game whose dev cut and run after months in limbo is the best "inspiration" for a project like this. Kinda seems like a self fulfilling prophecy to me.
The dev didn't cut and run, the artist cut and run, and removed their permission to use their artwork, leaving the dev with essentially no game. This is why we don't like cloud meadow.

DaveHoff

Aug 7, 2018
never understood why game devs go for female protag only. Male protag will give the game so much more popularity and attention.

• Angry
Reactions: tamara590

StupidJerk

Nov 7, 2017
The dev didn't cut and run, the artist cut and run, and removed their permission to use their artwork, leaving the dev with essentially no game. This is why we don't like cloud meadow.
Nah, everyone he worked with said how shitty of an employer and manager he was, and he could have easily avoided what happened by making a real and effective contract. I have mixed feelings about what the artist did, but nobody made the dev sit around collecting free patreon shekels for months after it happened before vanishing off the face of the earth.

Cloud Meadow doesn't interest me as much as Breeding Season did, but there's no denying that it's a better product made by a better dev.

KingRocket

Jan 18, 2020
I want to hope, I really do.
But every time this premise is attempted, the curse of dead game keep on spreading.

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
Even still at least they were smart enough to distance themselves from the name of the game. I honestly don't care if you drew inspiration from Breeding Season I honestly don't think anyone is going to willingly support this game. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if within a couple of years this game is completely dropped and the excuse will be no one supported it regardless of the number of people who did actually donate.

DarkShroud

Mar 5, 2018
Downloading it now, can't wait to play!
I hope this has just as much, if not more, content as the original Breeding Season does!
I look forward to seeing where this goes.

Reactions: MeLovely Games

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
I really like the original breeding season, so I hope to use similar storylines/characters. However, if H-bomb sues us I'll change the story :D
Gameplay-wise, it's breeding season x stardew valley.
At least change the name, damn it. Do you really want to associate yourself with that train wreck? Granted that 3D is the way to go with these breeding games, since you can set up animations and they will work for most pairs, instead of 2D in which you'd have to draw every single pair, but still... mind the scope and don't fall for the same pitfall they fell (and I don't mean SPurple betrayal, but the overscope, promising literally thousands of animations while never expanding the team to compensate).

Anonymaster666

May 13, 2019
Ok is there a settings menu (I don't think there is) because I need to find a way to Vsync or at least cap my FPS, it's going at like about 300 and my moniter screams when the FPS is too high. This is not a joke, it's comedic but not a joke.

3.10 star(s) 18 Votes