SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
So it kinda doesn't specify in the details and you said in a week, that was almost 2 weeks ago. so is this now the full release of season one?
"Chapter 3 Part 2" and "Season One" are almost equivalent. They have the exact same story and renders, but "Chapter 3 Part 2 is the Patreon and Itch build, whereas "Season One" is the Steam build of the game, which has Steam achievements and some other exclusive stuff.

You can get "Season One" on Steam right now (that's been out for about a week), and also Itch for some reason (though features Steam-dependant won't be there, naturally).

"Chapter 3 Part 2" is working its way through Patreon and will work its way to public sooner or later.

bigfuckinE

Jul 18, 2022
"Chapter 3 Part 2" and "Season One" are almost equivalent. They have the exact same story and renders, but "Chapter 3 Part 2 is the Patreon and Itch build, whereas "Season One" is the Steam build of the game, which has Steam achievements and some other exclusive stuff.

You can get "Season One" on Steam right now (that's been out for about a week), and also Itch for some reason (though features Steam-dependant won't be there, naturally).

"Chapter 3 Part 2" is working its way through Patreon and will work its way to public sooner or later.
you seem to have a pretty good understanding of it all. let's say i don't care about achievements (at least not in avn's) and i only want more content. which would you recommend? the patreon and or itch build right?

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
you seem to have a pretty good understanding of it all. let's say i don't care about achievements (at least not in avn's) and i only want more content. which would you recommend? the patreon and or itch build right?
I personally recommend the Patreon if you definitely want the latest build.

The branding of "Season One" hasn't ever been made especially clear to me and I do not know if it will receive future content updates. If it does, it is a great purchase. If it does not, well, you're only paying for what's there now.

However, Otter has been steadfast on giving the Patrons what they're paying for, and I can guarantee you that you'll always get the latest updates there.

Edit: If you don't care about future updates, and only want what's best today, I was told (though I must admit I haven't played the version to confirm) that the Itch/Steam "Season One" build contains extra content. IIRC, it has a bit extra in the point spheres, and in a future update it should get "ZippyApp Integration," whatever that is (in-game phone, probably).

Edit 2: After speaking with Otter, the Steam release will receive future content. It is not something such as Being a Dik or Life is Strange where there will be several purchases to complete the story.

Edit 3 (2023-07-25): I have to retract and correct my second edit. I have now been told that Matrix Hearts on Steam is releasing each "Season" (a batch of 3 Chapters at a time) as separate purchases. I am sorry if I confused anyone. Explanation.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: bigfuckinE

bigfuckinE

Jul 18, 2022
I personally recommend the Patreon if you definitely want the latest build.

The branding of "Season One" hasn't ever been made especially clear to me and I do not know if it will receive future content updates. If it does, it is a great purchase. If it does not, well, you're only paying for what's there now.

However, Otter has been steadfast on giving the Patrons what they're paying for, and I can guarantee you that you'll always get the latest updates there.

Edit: If you don't care about future updates, and only want what's best today, I was told (though I must admit I haven't played the version to confirm) that the Itch/Steam "Season One" build contains extra content. IIRC, it has a bit extra in the point spheres, and in a future update it should get "ZippyApp Integration," whatever that is (in-game phone, probably).
thanks for the response, info and honesty!

misterandy33

Jun 27, 2022
Chapter 3 Part 2 is coming the first week of June! Here's a preview. Splish-splash!
So I'm a bit confused...

The date in the OP is 2023-03-04 and the links are for 3.2, and the thread title is 3.2, and my download date for MatrixHearts-3.2-pc is May 7...

but 3.2 was released in June... Did I time travel somehow? Or does "3.2-pc" have nothing to do with "Chapter 3 Part 2"?

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
So I'm a bit confused...

The date in the OP is 2023-03-04 and the links are for 3.2, and the thread title is 3.2, and my download date for MatrixHearts-3.2-pc is May 7...

but 3.2 was released in June... Did I time travel somehow? Or does "3.2-pc" have nothing to do with "Chapter 3 Part 2"?
For some reason, Chapter 3 Part 1 got assigned v0.3.2. I don't know exactly why that is.

Chapter 3 Part 2 has the version number v0.3.3.

Last edited:

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
FTFY.

... I just loaded up my save on the "End of Chapter 3 Part 1" screen. I should have done that first... Still confusing though.

Edit: Also for some strange reason, after the credits, I get sent to this screen (aka "label pointssphere_beverages_ch2"):
View attachment 2719622
Thanks for the correction. As you can see, it confuses even me.

As for the bug, I'll make sure Otter is made aware of it. Whenever he's stumped and I end up reviewing a report, I end up just as confused as him. I haven't looked into the game's code myself, but the point spheres have especially odd effects. Admittedly, I consider your issue relatively low on the totem pole of problems.

misterandy33

Jun 27, 2022
As for the bug...
Happens if you take the bus home instead of the boat.
1687593597461.png

Should just be frank.

Also, I think I might have an idea of how to fix the point spheres... But it might mess saves up, idk.

EDIT:
Using regex, replace Call\( with Jump\( in screens.rpy

It doesn't appear to break old saves, nor does it fix them... But it does eliminate all the calls to the pointsphere functions in the stack trace (sayer boop is something I added to test the stacktrace):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Edit 3: I just started/completed a new game with this fix and properly got sent back to the title screen after the credits.

Edit2: Here's another one:

Last edited:

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Happens if you take the bus home instead of the boat.
View attachment 2719826

Should just be frank.

Also, I think I might have an idea of how to fix the point spheres... But it might mess saves up, idk.

EDIT:
Using regex, replace Call\( with Jump\( in screens.rpy

It doesn't appear to break old saves, nor does it fix them... But it does eliminate all the calls to the pointsphere functions in the stack trace (sayer boop is something I added to test the stacktrace):

Edit 3: I just started/completed a new game with this fix and properly got sent back to the title screen after the credits.

Edit2: Here's another one:
Otter got back to me on these and says that they've all been fixed. Thank you for your reports!

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
So, when do we patrons get the 3.2 version? Steam is not an option as a German.
Low patron tier (which I guess has been available since June?) is now v 3.4 ... you'll see it if you look at the page post history.

4.30 star(s) 67 Votes