TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Thanks for clarifying it to me, that mechanism seems a bit strange to me. It's not harem, but I have to get hearts with all of them, even if I have no interest in them?
Agreed on that being a bit strange. Maybe they'll reevaluate the not harem at some point.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Thanks for clarifying it to me, that mechanism seems a bit strange to me. It's not harem, but I have to get hearts with all of them, even if I have no interest in them?
I get the confusion, but it's also about a specific core game mechanic: the more and stronger positive interactions you have, the more the brace supports/heals your knee. So -- in the currently discussed example -- by avoiding some of those interactions, you're not strong enough to climb the ladder.

I get the Chrysta confusion (why do you get positive feedback from the start just because she enjoys the rude interactions) and the harem/no-harem conundrum, but since the core mechanic is "heal with love" it's something you'll have to live with if you want to keep playing the game.

Reactions: Sin_Mechero

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I get the confusion, but it's also about a specific core game mechanic: the more and stronger positive interactions you have, the more the brace supports/heals your knee. So -- in the currently discussed example -- by avoiding some of those interactions, you're not strong enough to climb the ladder.

I get the Chrysta confusion (why do you get positive feedback from the start just because she enjoys the rude interactions) and the harem/no-harem conundrum, but since the core mechanic is "heal with love" it's something you'll have to live with if you want to keep playing the game.
I might sound stupid asking this
But does this have supernatural element to the story?
If you heal your knee by being nice that sounds kinda like magic to me
I'll be honest I'm a little confused.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I think it's about the science. His body secretes endorphins and certain peptides that the brace processes and re-injects into his knee when he flirts, has sex or otherwise has happy thoughts. So... overall the brace acts like a Joshy92 emulator and heals him. But if you want to go with magic it's even better than a tent revival...
revival.gif

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
It's sci-fi tech, bordering on cyberpunk. But anything's possible at this point.
main-qimg-de85491ac37e8df531a6b20463ed67a9-lq.jpg

Reactions: Joshy92

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I think it's about the science. His body secretes endorphins and certain peptides that the brace processes and re-injects into his knee when he flirts, has sex or otherwise has happy thoughts. So... overall the brace acts like a Joshy92 emulator and heals him. But if you want to go with magic it's even better than a tent revival...
View attachment 2781131
way better than my version of explanation (y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: motseer

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022

It confuses me because it doesn't say it's a harem anywhere, and it turns out that I can't choose without being penalized. The system seems fine to me but the dev should make it clear from the beginning. If he says that there is a path of friendship and another of relationship, let it be true. It doesn't make any sense to have to go into a relationship with all of them and then choose one

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
It confuses me because it doesn't say it's a harem anywhere, and it turns out that I can't choose without being penalized. The system seems fine to me but the dev should make it clear from the beginning. If he says that there is a path of friendship and another of relationship, let it be true. It doesn't make any sense to have to go into a relationship with all of them and then choose one
It used to be in the future tags, and dev spoke to it in the affirmative in this thread. It's now no longer listed and I guess there's been a backstage change of heart.

I'm now having to reevaluate if I continue to follow this or not.
Games/stories do change scope with time, and that's a-okay, but this may now be in the no joy for me category. As a player I hate rejecting LIs, and I also don't enjoy the MC casually fucking around for lols (I realize lots of people dig casual sex, no shade here, just as a self insert player it's not my jam) if there won't be any kind of relationship between MC and the girl at the end of the story. So basically it comes down to how well the dev handles writing friends only without causing any awkward " oh I thought you liked me liked me" scenes.

C'est la vie.

Last edited:

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
It used to be in the future tags, and dev spoke to it in the affirmative in this thread. It's now no longer listed and I guess there's been a backstage change of heart.

I'm now having to reevaluate if I continue to follow this or not.
Games/stories do change scope with time, and that's a-okay, but this may now be in the no joy for me category. As a player I hate rejecting LIs, and I also don't enjoy the MC casually fucking around for lols (I realize lots of people dig casual sex, no shade here, just as a self insert player it's not my jam) if there won't be any kind of relationship between MC abd the girl at the end of the story. So basically it comes down to how well the dev handles writing friends only without causing any awkward " oh I thought you liked me liked me" scenes.

C'est la vie.
Normally I look at comments here before buying any game, but in this case I discovered the game on steam, I thought it was good and I bought it.
I'm not a big fan of this system either, I always like to focus on the one or the ones I like (depending on the game). But as long as I am the one who chooses them and that it does not affect me in the final result.

"Matrix Hearts is a story with a slow build that focuses on character movements first before reaching an overarching climax with an ocean of irreverent humor. Choose which path this former Olympian takes. Climb to the top of the rock-climbing world or laze around on a beach. Are you going to go and capture every woman's heart and build your own harem or are you going to focus on finding the love of your life? Your choices make your story!"

This is the description of Steam and I was wrong. It says that it is harem here, but at the moment the last part is not true.

Blue Otter Games

Game Developer
Aug 12, 2020
There is a harem ending, and that was never retracted. We certainly didn't retract it. You can have a romantic attachment to as many or as few as you want, but the friend route is necessary for every character up until their story arc is complete.

And yes, you can choose to have only one girl too.

Every interaction with a main character is a heart check, so if you aren't on their route, you won't reach those routes. And every route is dependent on the character. Xia for example would have sex without being a relationship. Rylee wouldn't.

And yes, there is a sci-fi flair to the knee brace and happy interactions heal the character's knee.

Everything we have said original has been and always is going to be in the game.

Last edited:

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
There is a harem ending, and that was never retracted. We certainly didn't retract it. You can have a romantic attachment to as many or as few as you want, but the friend route is necessary for every character up until their story arc is complete.

And yes, you can choose to have only one girl too.

Every interaction with a main character is a heart check, so if you aren't on their route, you won't reach those routes. And every route is dependent on the character. Xia for example would have sex without being a relationship. Rylee wouldn't.

And yes, there is a sci-fi flair to the knee brace and happy interactions heal the character's knee.

Everything we have said original has been and always is going to be in the game.
Well glad for the confirmation. Sorry for interrupting your vacation.

abagel

Apr 27, 2018
Dude if Rylee, adorable Rylee, best girl Rylee ends the next update with an article of clothing on her body I will singehandedly riot.

jkjk. Glad to see it still going! And we spent almost all of the time with my favorite, adorable as always.

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
in case anyone can help. I download the game, add the walkthrough mod, boot the game and get this screen. I may be going blind or an asshole but I don't see the option to start. Have I done something wrong or am I really here to be picked up by the garbage truck?
screenshot0002.png

4.30 star(s) 67 Votes