Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Thinking about NTR or swinging/cheating ?
Cause it's not going this way, if that can put your mind at ease
Alright. I just don't like how that Dutch dude is. "No, dude. You can't have her." Then forced to choose someone else, who I don't want to choose. There should be a different choice like: "Nah, don't like the blonde or the camera girl."

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Alright. I just don't like how that Dutch dude is. "No, dude. You can't have her." Then forced to choose someone else, who I don't want to choose. There should be a different choice like: "Nah, don't like the blonde or the camera girl."
Yeah I get ya ; the dev said those early choices are more "friendship" oriented. The frienship path is kinda mandatory but the romance choice are there. You'll be able to not pursue whichever doesn't interest you.
Also Dutch is half pretentious, half nice ; he won't be competition

Reactions: Dark Silence

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Yeah I get ya ; the dev said those early choices are more "friendship" oriented. The frienship path is kinda mandatory but the romance choice are there. You'll be able to not pursue whichever doesn't interest you.
Also Dutch is half pretentious, half nice ; he won't be competition
Alright. Just don't like him. Thanks for the info. Will continue on.

Reactions: CrazyRabbit

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
While Dutch is definitely pretty annoying, he doesn't actually seem to be a real factor in which girls you can romance (nor does he appear to be a real rival with any of the LIs).

Reactions: Dark Silence
Sep 6, 2021
I like it. I expect I'll be able to give it a 5 star review in a few updates, but there are too many problems now, and a 4 star review would lower the rating and I don't want that. I like (some of) the girls, and they're quite good looking. The story is neither boring nor great, but certainly good enough for this type of game. I'm much better at talking about flaws than I am about good parts, so that's most of this comment. I'm trying to be constructive here, since I do like the game so far: the biggest problem is that certain events happen even if you don't meet the prerequisites. At first I didn't go to the up-the-ladder party, and I was super confused about why the MC was meeting Chrysta, since that conversation had never happened for me. I feel like there are a few other things like that, maybe involving boats and cards, but the Chrysta one is the biggest one.
Also, where I'm from, the MC's question of "thongs or panties" would not go over well. And, side note, it should be "thongs" not "thong's". Still, I like some of the girls. And they're very good looking.

Also, I feel like there should be an option for the MC to not be such a dumbass about sciencey stuff. I get that magical knee braces aren't actually a thing, so a full explanation would be problematic, but he acts like everything beyond seventh grade botany is over his head. Maybe it is for him, but for me it isn't, so it's weird that I can't posses an educated layman's understanding of stuff. It also clashes with the fairly educated understanding of rock climbing and boat racing (At least as far as a useless fatass like myself can tell.) Also, how is the brace powered? Is it radioactive? Otherwise, he'd probably need to swap out the batteries every night, which should at least come up.

Brace science stuff: moving a damaged knee is not about hormones. It's about how the person's weight+load goes through the damaged components. A traditional brace helps by redirecting some of the load through the brace and thus around the damaged stuff. I get that the hormones thing is an excuse for him to get laid, but I feel like the knee brace should, first and foremost, be a knee brace, and maybe the hormones help it predict the MC's body's movement better, and thus give more confidence for directing its power. At that point though, as Tony Stark points out, it's bordering on being a high-tech-prosthesis. Just a thought.

Overall, (even though 80% of what I wrote is about flaws) this is a good game, and I'm looking forward to future updates.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Brace science stuff: moving a damaged knee is not about hormones. It's about how the person's weight+load goes through the damaged components. A traditional brace helps by redirecting some of the load through the brace and thus around the damaged stuff. I get that the hormones thing is an excuse for him to get laid, but I feel like the knee brace should, first and foremost, be a knee brace, and maybe the hormones help it predict the MC's body's movement better, and thus give more confidence for directing its power. At that point though, as Tony Stark points out, it's bordering on being a high-tech-prosthesis. Just a thought.

Overall, (even though 80% of what I wrote is about flaws) this is a good game, and I'm looking forward to future updates.
A slight rebuttal: The brace IS fantasy/sci-fi, not "enhanced science" that needs to be backed up by modern science.

The knee was determined unfixable by modern medicine: the brace gives minimal support, but it's main function is to take the positive hormones/pheromones/juju that flows through the blood, convert it into magical tendon/muscle/bones/cartlige/etc., and REPAIR the knee. That's it's primary intended function. It's not anything near a "traditional" brace and it's not supposed to be.

As for the power source ... did you see all those space rocks?

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Just finished the chap 3 ; I must say it feels real good to see the girls again.
They are all amazing in their own way, their refined design is great too.
Really awesome moments :
Layla and the arcade, and also we had a glimpse of her true feelings. I wonder what is that palpitation if not romance tho...
Rylee, our favorite redhead ninja and her overbearing mom
Chrysta and her hate-hate relationship with MC
Even Gemma and Xia could shine, here

Great update and nice mystery.
Blue Otter Games
I'm sorry if my bros seemed a little aggressive or angry or disrespectful ; they are none of those things. They are engaged in a story and when a girl can't be rejected completetly, it triggers a red flag we saw plenty of in VNs with fake choices.
Not the case in Matrix Hearts, the romance is optional but the friendship is not and that's awesome.
So I hope you weren't hurt or pissed.
Love your game and can't wait for chapter 4.

Sep 6, 2021
The brace IS fantasy/sci-fi, not "enhanced science"
I guess, but I guess I'm just not a fan of hand-wavey psuedo-magical pseudo-science in general. I went through the conversation again, and I feel like it sits in the awkward middle between "basically magic" and "extrapolated science". I would have rather the conversation been: MC: "How does it work?" Layla: "Magic!" MC: "OK." Layla: "Well, not actually, but you'd need a PHD or two to actually understand it. Basically, it will gradually help you heal beyond the natural capabilities of your body, and it will go faster the happier you are. And also the more you get laid." MC: "So now I can get laid for science?" Layla: "Just don't do it on my couch, OK?"

As for the power source ... did you see all those space rocks?
Actually, I can only think of one. But space rocks aren't actually magic. They're just... rocks. But the basic physics of energy density mean that only nuclear energy could power a glowing brace for more than a few days without needing a recharge. Anyway, I'll stop being a pedant now. For now.

• Haha
Reactions: nik899 and Elhemeer

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Steam and public builds should be roughly the same in terms of content. Some minor content as well as Steam achievements (naturally) are/will be Steam exclusives.

As of current, they are matched on the story. (So I've been told. I'm downloading the Steam build to be sure.)

This one confused me as well. Otter told me that Steam will be getting future content updates. I think that means he'll be releasing Steam and public in-line (or mostly in-line) with each other, but it could mean that Steam will slip behind for a while until a new "Season" is complete.
I personally recommend the Patreon if you definitely want the latest build.

The branding of "Season One" hasn't ever been made especially clear to me and I do not know if it will receive future content updates. If it does, it is a great purchase. If it does not, well, you're only paying for what's there now.

However, Otter has been steadfast on giving the Patrons what they're paying for, and I can guarantee you that you'll always get the latest updates there.

Edit: If you don't care about future updates, and only want what's best today, I was told (though I must admit I haven't played the version to confirm) that the Itch/Steam "Season One" build contains extra content. IIRC, it has a bit extra in the point spheres, and in a future update it should get "ZippyApp Integration," whatever that is (in-game phone, probably).

Edit 2: After speaking with Otter, the Steam release will receive future content. It is not something such as Being a Dik or Life is Strange where there will be several purchases to complete the story.

Edit 3 (2023-07-25): I have to retract and correct my second edit. I have now been told that Matrix Hearts on Steam is releasing each "Season" (a batch of 3 Chapters at a time) as separate purchases. I am sorry if I confused anyone. This post will be edited linking to a full explanation shortly.
I've had to correct this far too many times than is reasonable. After talking with Otter, here is the latest correction on how Steam is being handled:

Steam's future content will be released in bundles as Seasons. Each Season is made of up 3 Chapters and is considered story complete. That is to say, when you buy the game on Steam, you get the story content that is in it at the time, but will not receive future story content (such as the upcoming Chapter 4) for free.

Season 1 (Chapters 1-3) exists on Steam currently. Season 2 (Chapters 4-6) will exist on Steam when those are complete and will be a separate purchase (existing owners will get a discount but it will not be free).

I do not know nor am I interested in knowing the expected total price of the full game on Steam.

I am not happy that I was made to believe and say the wrong thing, and I apologize to anyone who may have purchased the game as a result of me stating that you should receive free future content updates. If you have further questions regarding this, please do reply to this thread with them, but I'll be leaving it to Blue Otter Games to answer them.

Last edited:

Blue Otter Games

Game Developer
Aug 12, 2020
I've had to correct this far too many times than is reasonable. After talking with Otter, here is the latest correction on how Steam is being handled:

Steam's future content will be released in bundles as Seasons. Each Season is made of up 3 Chapters and is considered story complete. That is to say, when you buy the game on Steam, you get the story content that is in it at the time, but will not receive future story content (such as the upcoming Chapter 4) for free.

Season 1 (Chapters 1-3) exists on Steam currently. Season 2 (Chapters 4-6) will exist on Steam when those are complete and will be a separate purchase (existing owners will get a discount but it will not be free).

I do not know nor am I interested in knowing the expected total price of the full game on Steam.

I am not happy that I was made to believe and say the wrong thing, and I apologize to anyone who may have purchased the game as a result of me stating that you should receive free future content updates. If you have further questions regarding this, please do reply to this thread with them, but I'll be leaving it to Blue Otter Games to answer them.
We aren't going to make a full 40 hour game that is a one time purchase. We never said that. Please see Being a Dik and other likewise games on Steam. They release Season 1 and add the other Seasons as DLC to the game.

Would we like to make everything free for everyone? Yes. The reality is this is not cheap to make. Making this game is now a passion and a career, and in order to keep making them, a profit is kind of required.

That being said, the plan is to treat any Otter who has purchased season 1 with a nice, juicy discount for purchasing the new Seasons, and it adds on to the game you currently purchased in Steam. This was always the plan and we never mentioned anything otherwise to anyone.

Metal Panic

Jun 5, 2023
Blue Otter Games You should totally go back and check out some renders in Season 1. I have found an inconsistency.

Here it is

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I am enjoying being a bitch to everyone lol I just hope I don't get a random (game over) if my "Matrix Hearts" meter goes down and ends up empty. There should be other ways to raise it up, instead of needing "friendship" for it.

abagel

Apr 27, 2018
I too noticed the issue here where the book randomly disappears and not her clothing-

sorry, it's a running gag at this point that I'm thirsty for Rylee. It's not a gag though, I want Rylee

Metal Panic

Jun 5, 2023
Missing a render in Chapter 3. This is on my (be a bitch/don't get close) to everyone route. I have another save for "picking the right choices" just to get achievements.

Anyways, the missing render is after we meet up with Layla to go home.

NotFound.jpg

Another missing render while talking with Chrysta (playing the Steam release)

Chrysta.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2020
hello all ! does anyone know how many chapters are planned for the game? I also take this opportunity to ask you how much average playing time at the moment? thank you

4.30 star(s) 67 Votes