Sep 3, 2020
You're preaching to the choir, brother. It's how I feel, but it happens anyway.
I know brother I know but if you're going to force the MC to do something make it clear that he's doing it against his will and he really doesn't want to

or if you tell someone he's not interested in them in a romantic way

and he's forced to interact with them for story reasons

make it clear that he's still not interested in them in a romantic way

so it does not invalidate the previous choices and they still matter

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Blue Otter Games
I've been saving up my updates for a long long time

looking forward to the day when I finally play

now I hear from people that my choices don't matter

that mc is going to do it regardless of my previous choices

I'm absolutely disappointed and heartbroken:cry:
i still recommend to everyone to play it for yourself
to see how the choices made count . or not in that case

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
I know brother I know but if you're going to force the MC to do something make it clear that he's doing it against his will and he really doesn't want to

or if you tell someone he's not interested in them in a romantic way

and he's forced to interact with them for story reasons

make it clear that he's still not interested in them in a romantic way

so it does not invalidate the previous choices and they still matter
You don't want much do you? lol I agree though. It will never happen. But maybe the dev will come say there's a bug and it will be fixed/changed.

Blue Otter Games

Game Developer
Aug 12, 2020
You are experiencing the story as it's meant to be played. And no, you aren't being forced into anything.

All these characters are integral whether you have a romantic interaction with them or not. There is an overarching story that involves all of them as well as individual stories that you are going to be playing with them. There's a friendship route and there's a relationship route. Even if you aren't on their route, they are still involved in the game.

You aren't being forced into anything. You accept to play in the card tournament or not. That doesn't mean you won't play cards for fun. Now, there are a few lines in the tournament route that are exclusive to that scene, and if they play during that time, then yes, it's something that needs fixed.

You are on Chapter 3. You're only working on relationships right now. If you really think your choices don't matter, then please, stop playing the game and choose something else.

If your choices didn't matter, then I would have sent you all the way up to Chrysta's office. Instead, your choices decided whether you got part of the story, got caught, or found what you needed.

If your choices were of no import, you would have saved Rylee without so much as a hitch. There are multiple choices you have to get right, and although you don't see if right away, you already got a peek into what that means.

If you want instant gratification and mountains moved in one chapter, this is not the game for you. You are going to have to play, and even make choices with character whether you like them or not. But as the chapters go along, you are going to start noticing a very pronounced difference between friendship and relationship.

You are well within your right to have your opinion, and if that's what you think, please move along. We thank you for playing the game. And we thank everyone for playing the game!

Now, I have a vacation to finish and then I need to get back in the ocean and make a game for those Otters who enjoy.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
like i said
its not about the story per se
if you choose to not go to the party at the wharf -
(well you have go there but can choose to not go up the roof and/or let chrysta down)
then you miss important infos about that "meeting/date" later with chrysta at the "king kong" tower
same goes for the sportsteam with gemma (scene at the wharf boat cleaning)
all of sudden you have to meet em in ch3 -
without knowing why your choices to ignore them still lead there
and even with 0 or negative points the mc is acting like they are the hottest girls for him

for intense readers these are inconsistencies at the writing , leading to --lets say confusion
i know that you need a certain amount of points to unlock the lewd stuff - but thats not the point
the point is the player get the impression he can avoid them at all with his choices, and it feels "forced" later to interact with them
and i think untill half of ch3 it was like this

getting my point now?

and i stop here with my opinions - i can see some certain ppl rotating right now :ROFLMAO:

does not mean that game is bad now

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgar Anal Poe

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Updated my Android port of Matrix Hearts to v3.4 to Android with the multi-mod.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left for history and swipe right to skip.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links:

Sep 3, 2020
You are experiencing the story as it's meant to be played. And no, you aren't being forced into anything.

All these characters are integral whether you have a romantic interaction with them or not. There is an overarching story that involves all of them as well as individual stories that you are going to be playing with them. There's a friendship route and there's a relationship route. Even if you aren't on their route, they are still involved in the game.

You aren't being forced into anything. You accept to play in the card tournament or not. That doesn't mean you won't play cards for fun. Now, there are a few lines in the tournament route that are exclusive to that scene, and if they play during that time, then yes, it's something that needs fixed.

You are on Chapter 3. You're only working on relationships right now. If you really think your choices don't matter, then please, stop playing the game and choose something else.

If your choices didn't matter, then I would have sent you all the way up to Chrysta's office. Instead, your choices decided whether you got part of the story, got caught, or found what you needed.

If your choices were of no import, you would have saved Rylee without so much as a hitch. There are multiple choices you have to get right, and although you don't see if right away, you already got a peek into what that means.

If you want instant gratification and mountains moved in one chapter, this is not the game for you. You are going to have to play, and even make choices with character whether you like them or not. But as the chapters go along, you are going to start noticing a very pronounced difference between friendship and relationship.

You are well within your right to have your opinion, and if that's what you think, please move along. We thank you for playing the game. And we thank everyone for playing the game!

Now, I have a vacation to finish and then I need to get back in the ocean and make a game for those Otters who enjoy.
is it just me or was this reply a little mean

I mean yeah we had criticisms but we didn't mean any offense by it

a person can still criticize or have a problem with a game and still love the game and Developer

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
is it just me or was this reply a little mean

I mean yeah we had criticisms but we didn't mean any offense by it

a person can still criticize or have a problem with a game and still love the game and Developer
Hmmmmm... Well, I don't really want to get into it... but... After reading the last few pages I have to say that you and Dark Silence were hittin' it pretty hard. I can see how you feel you were just discussing choice in VN's but I can also see how Blue Otter Games might feel attacked. Overall though, I wouldn't say "mean" but "strongly clarifying". Hehe... whatever that is. o_O Anyway, it's a good story and unique in many ways and I'm looking forward to reading the update...

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Hmmmmm... Well, I don't really want to get into it... but... After reading the last few pages I have to say that you and Dark Silence were hittin' it pretty hard. I can see how you feel you were just discussing choice in VN's but I can also see how Blue Otter Games might feel attacked. Overall though, I wouldn't say "mean" but "strongly clarifying". Hehe... whatever that is. o_O Anyway, it's a good story and unique in many ways and I'm looking forward to reading the update...
Agreed on that. If Blue Otter Games felt attacked, I apologize. I just get a bit critical about things.

Sep 3, 2020
Agreed on that. If Blue Otter Games felt attacked, I apologize. I just get a bit critical about things.
I also apologize if he felt attack but he has to understand we were not angry we were upset

I'm not going to apologize for what I said because I was just being honest and speaking from the heart

but I do apologize if I offended Blue Otter Games in any way that was not my intention

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Regarding choices and enforced or not chicks in their interactions (for the story purposes), perhaps it would be good to based on relation/love/lust/whatever points account (aka indicator if the mc/player is interested in some chick or not) some conversation options are available or not (grayed out, for example). That would be my preferred way of playing these games.

Lets take example from this game.
Rylee, a chick that is integral part of the story (based on the interaction with the dev at the very beginning), yet my mc has zero to negative interest for her.
Im aware she is a wet dream of many players (freckles, redhead, nerd, virgin...oh, my everyone has to love and lust for her, otherwise why playing avns), yet i would much more prefer her mom than her from that "redhead" side in this game.:p
Instead of having "romantic" options in almost every interaction with her (and there is a loooot of those interactions, she is an integral part of the game after all), if her LI-points count is low, just remove those "romantic" options, and leave only those non-romantic/neutral and necessary for the story....That way if a player isnt interested in an "integral" chick he wouldnt be forced to go through numerous "why dont you romance her, she is so hot, are you blind...here is another chance for you" options.:HideThePain:
A simplified example ofc, yet that would be my 6 cents here.
And I hope i didnt offend anyone with this opinion ofc...the same as a few previous users.

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
After playing it on steam, I like the story, and I look forward to continuing to see how it progresses. But there are things I don't understand, because not following certain Li affects me negatively. For example, if I don't have any interest in Xia and Rylee, it affects me with Chrysta not having the necessary requirements to go to the rooftop party. I understand that they are part of the story and that they have to be there, but don't force me to have more than a friendship. What are those requirements based on?

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
After playing it on steam, I like the story, and I look forward to continuing to see how it progresses. But there are things I don't understand, because not following certain Li affects me negatively. For example, if I don't have any interest in Xia and Rylee, it affects me with Chrysta not having the necessary requirements to go to the rooftop party. I understand that they are part of the story and that they have to be there, but don't force me to have more than a friendship. What are those requirements based on?
the more "logical, friendly" answers leading to points gaining with the girls here ,
means more romantic interaction possible
for rylee you have to chosse the "crazy" responds mostly
except for chrysta - she "likes" to be "scolded" (put in her place so to say)
the more mean you to her the more points you gain
the matrix heart points are for unlocking lewd options

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
the more "logical, friendly" answers leading to points gaining with the girls here ,
means more romantic interaction possible
for rylee you have to chosse the "crazy" responds mostly
except for chrysta - she "likes" to be "scolded" (put in her place so to say)
the more mean you to her the more points you gain
the matrix heart points are for unlocking lewd options
Thanks, I mean if I don't want anything with Xia and Rylee, the MC tries to go up the stairs but he falls and there's no party. therefore I lose the 2 girls there and get points with Chrysta in the conversation they have afterwards

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Thanks, I mean if I don't want anything with Xia and Rylee, the MC tries to go up the stairs but he falls and there's no party. therefore I lose the 2 girls there and get points with Chrysta in the conversation they have afterwards
to go to the roof you need more than 25 "hearts"
otherwise you "fall"

Reactions: Sin_Mechero
4.30 star(s) 67 Votes