Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Finally found it on eyny ^-^
Max The Elf 2.6 for win

and for mac
Thank you for being a hero.

Changelog, from their Twitter

View attachment 1229069
These updates are great and the upcoming ones are going to make this game even better!

This elf-ling is just so cute!! I especially like how the dev puts him in such coy shirts and hoodies.

Reactions: Lynxie and Drew0118

noxtek

Modder
Aug 19, 2017
So about some cheats for 2.6, is still a WIP (i need to study the assembly again -.-')
As always unzip copy and paste in "Max_The_Elf_DEMO_Data\Managed"

added a button to toggle fast escape
added a button to toggle infinite special attack
press numbers 1 to 5 to spawn the enemy you like
press delete+s to double the walking speed

1622894343372.png

Last edited:

Mickil

Feb 25, 2018
Apparently, the dev checks this thread, so here is my feedback.

1) the keys to struggle are always A and D, despite the fact I changed the keys to go left and right
2) if Max is catched while crouching or right after finishing a slide, and is made to cum, he will be permanently stuck in a crouching position and unable to move.
3) the lamia-girl lies on the ground after you broke her shield, so it is not clear that she is still alive.

9inchz

Oct 2, 2017
w
so while we wait for the gallery...

Cheats for 2.4 (for 2.5 are here)
(unzip copy and overwrite in "Max_The_Elf_DEMO_Data\Managed")
F1 to reset ero
F4 to get max corruption (lose the game and loop the scene)
F2 to toggle escape with one button
F3 to toogle skill cooldowns

come in two versions, one only with cheats, and one with cheats and the lynx since i know you loved it :p

edit:
can be forced to start in a bigger window or full screen if is added something like
"-screen-width 1920 -screen-height 1080 -screen-fullscreen 1" to a shortcut of the .exe
View attachment 1099166
works with v2.6?

cuz it give's blackscreen .. AFTER the first/intro screen...
meaning it laggs after that...

but works fine without the cheats...

on fullscreen & normal...

• Angry
Reactions: Forge Wright

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Apparently, the dev checks this thread, so here is my feedback.

1) the keys to struggle are always A and D, despite the fact I changed the keys to go left and right
2) if Max is catched while crouching or right after finishing a slide, and is made to cum, he will be permanently stuck in a crouching position and unable to move.
3) the lamia-girl lies on the ground after you broke her shield, so it is not clear that she is still alive.
That is some good feedback.

Also, hello dev *Waves*

I still have the version with the lynx if you lost it or something.
Thank you for sharing the Lynx-y goodness.

LonerPrime

Apr 9, 2018
Awesome animations servicing to a niche genre. Loved that part. Sadly, it's absolutely riddled with bad gameplay design. The sidescroller demands quick reaction timing but the protagonist is very slow to react and most of the time, has a constant bug where he completely locks into crouch mode, unable to take any kind of action. Additionally, currently there is no way to dodge the attackers from behind as Max only faces one way. The keybindings leave a lot to be desired for there are so many buttons on one hand, you end up pressing the wrong one by mistake under pressure.

All in all, I wish the creator all the luck with his project. I'm looking forward to how they decide to improve and expand it. Take all my likes except one :)

Ariyana

May 13, 2018
Awesome animations servicing to a niche genre. Loved that part. Sadly, it's absolutely riddled with bad gameplay design. The sidescroller demands quick reaction timing but the protagonist is very slow to react and most of the time, has a constant bug where he completely locks into crouch mode, unable to take any kind of action. Additionally, currently there is no way to dodge the attackers from behind as Max only faces one way. The keybindings leave a lot to be desired for there are so many buttons on one hand, you end up pressing the wrong one by mistake under pressure.

All in all, I wish the creator all the luck with his project. I'm looking forward to how they decide to improve and expand it. Take all my likes except one :)
Every attack from behind can be dodged. You can jump over the bee by hitting the jump and stop moving forward (so it passes quicker). You can jump over the Twin Succubus by waiting for the trap to charge and jumping just before it goes off.

There are literally 5 buttons to hit on your left hand. WASD for movement, Q for attack, E for special.

b800047

Jun 9, 2017
Every attack from behind can be dodged. You can jump over the bee by hitting the jump and stop moving forward (so it passes quicker). You can jump over the Twin Succubus by waiting for the trap to charge and jumping just before it goes off.

There are literally 5 buttons to hit on your left hand. WASD for movement, Q for attack, E for special.
...meaning your right hand is free...to grab a tissue lol

• Haha
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

LonerPrime

Apr 9, 2018
Thank you for the tip about jumping to evade mobs from behind. I'll try it out. However, again, timing is everything and Max's reaction time is severely hindered if buttons are chained. Add the bug to it and half the time Max is stuck crouching. Additionally, W is not the default key for anything. Infact, it's SpaceBar that's programmed to jump. Granted controls can be changed so that's definitely a plus but having both the action and the special key assigned to the left side of the keyboard do make things chaotically hectic. It's like your mind is running parallel to the game's demand but the actions rendered are lagging because the animation of the previous button is still running.

I play most of my games on hard mode so this isn't a feedback to tweak difficulty down. I'm just hoping the creator would consider making Max a bit more agile. Maybe more movement speed is in order as well? Right now it feels more like the protagonist is out on stroll in the park rather than dodging danger.

Last edited:

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
...meaning your right hand is free...to grab a tissue lol
That is one way to look at it. I hope the dev adds bluetooth toy support as an added feature.

Thank you for the tip about jumping to evade mobs from behind. I'll try it out. However, again, timing is everything and Max's reaction time is severely hindered if buttons are chained. Add the bug to it and half the time Max is stuck crouching. Additionally, W is not the default key for anything. Infact, it's SpaceBar that's programmed to jump. Granted controls can be changed so that's definitely a plus but having both the action and the special key assigned to the left side of the keyboard do make thing chaotically hectic. It's like your mind is running parallel to the game's demand but the actions rendered are lagging because the animation of the previous button is still running.

I play most of my games on hard mode so this isn't a feedback to tweak difficulty down. I'm just hoping the creator would consider making Max a bit more agile. Maybe more movement speed is in order as well? Right now it feels more like the protagonist is out in on stroll in the park rather than dodging danger.
Hopefully the dev will fix those issues in the next update.

Mirza86

Dec 18, 2017
I think you all are wanting this RoR game to feel and control like a Fighter or Platformer. It isn't. You are a cute little elf who has been cursed, and need to chase after a Succubus for... reasons. xD The crouch bug sucks, but that's a bug, not a feature. The controls are PURPOSEFULLY slightly slow, so it isn't stupidly easy. Even as it is, I can make it through both levels without being touched without really even trying. I am not saying that to claim that I am a better gamer/player whatever. I am saying it because you see the sexy bits when you fail, and T-Hoodie has done an excellent job of balancing difficulty where you can get caught if you aren't paying attention, but isn't SO easy that you literally have to run face first into enemies to get the lewd content.

Is the game perfect? Of course not. Is the game doing what it is supposed to do in an RoR game? Yup. Is the game staying true to T-Hoodies designs and choices? Also yup. T-Hoodie has said multiple times that the controls are slow on purpose.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

LonerPrime

Apr 9, 2018
The controls are PURPOSEFULLY slightly slow, so it isn't stupidly easy.
I don't get it.. since when did gimping your character's movement become synonymous with difficulty? Even though at its core it's a NSFW game, it still heavily dependent on its side-scroller element to actually be able to reach those lewd moments. Agreed it's not a platformer or fighter, but that still makes no sense having players rage quit because sluggish gameplay is a fine feature to have in order to take the shortcut to challenging gameplay. Or are we now in the realm of "Git gud" where not only is a cute elf incapable of turning around but he must also anticipate the exact moment the enemy pops out from behind so he can time his jump AND dodge the creeping slime/bubble/heart/enemy from the front as well AND he must do ALL that whilst still trying to beat the clock by walking at a leisure pace.

I'll be bluntly honest. Is it possible to win at this with the current state of gameplay? Absolutely YES. Is it fun doing so? Absolutely not. Bugs are irrelevant at this WIP stage. However, the reviews, forum buzz, Discord chart is littered with the same feedback theme: Abhoration on how gimped the gameplay controls are. But hey, if the creator is deadset on this system, by all means power to him. I'll still play the game when it finally finishes. It's just not gonna be memorable.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 34 Votes