LonerPrime

Apr 9, 2018
Long before you were born.
5cp6ln.jpg

On a serious note though, I played them both back in the day and I can assure you, even though enemies came from all sides and in droves, the protagonists and their skill animations were still fast enough to deal with 80% of the incoming damage and would regularly get breathing room/healing items to make up for it. In comparison, games like Spartan X, Double Dragon and Karateka are more closer to your point where the protagonist covered ground slowly and mistakes were punished more severely.

Honestly, I had no intention of whipping up a debate. All I intended was to give feedback and I did. Just like how other folks have a right to their opinion, so do I. In no way am I demanding anything from anyone. T-Hoodie is free to accept or ignore my words for it's his game. I'll refrain from defending my position anymore after this post for I don't want to be held responsible for ninjaing the thread.

-Regards

ArmSpaghetti

Aug 1, 2018
is the mystic desert the last level and it just fails even if you got the questions right? or is my game bugged

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Long before you were born.

Ninja Gaiden and Castlevania say hello.
I've never played Ninja Gaiden but I have played Castlevania. Castlevania may have been challenging but it still had good control. In Castlevania the slow whipping was intentional so that the player would have to think out their moves before attacking. The only part of Castlevania that was like Max the Elf would be the Hallway of Death which was unlike any other part of the game.

Reactions: LonerPrime

happablap

Dec 7, 2018
I've never played Ninja Gaiden but I have played Castlevania. Castlevania may have been challenging but it still had good control. In Castlevania the slow whipping was intentional so that the player would have to think out their moves before attacking. The only part of Castlevania that was like Max the Elf would be the Hallway of Death which was unlike any other part of the game.
I'd say ninja gaiden has excellent controls for a nes game, having completed it several times. The difficulty stems from the screen border respawning enemies which demands that you constantly move forward and that small mistakes cascade into bigger problems, especially when moving backwards to dodge.

Castlevania is great but on the other hand has horribly restrictive controls, locked, slow jump arc, huge knockback on hit, linear weapon thats slow, items that are slow and clunky. The biggest enemies are tiny pits and meduza heads.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Succubus Hunter
4.10 star(s) 36 Votes