4.50 star(s) 129 Votes

Gamesstar

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2019
There’s no need to answer that.

People! We have renders!!! :D:eek::LOL::giggle:
Suzinak just delivered to me about 100+ new renders for CH4.

This was totally unexpected, but I’m so glad in the end Suzinak delivered :giggle:

I just wanted to share the good news for now, and I’ll make another post later in the day to give more details :)
Finally. Today is a awesome day for me. First release date of God of War and now this.......let's freaking go :LOL:
Asmodeus Thanks for the news :)

Gamesstar

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2019
Hey everyone! So happy we have things moving again! :giggle:
So let me tell you the details!

First of all --for people that haven't followed this thread closely-- it's a given that Suzinak didn't have the time needed to do this. That's the main and foremost issue with the massive delays. Things in his personal life (work, school etc.) have caught up with him and he had limited time to invest in this game. He knew about it and that's the reason he explained and paused the payments on Patreon.

I haven't seen any renders for something less than a year, and today I received more than 100 new renders for a scene in the upcoming Chapter 4. Oh, happy days! :D This means that things are moving, and Suzinak is actively rendering again. We have the data! :)

Now to limit the hype, these new renders are just for Scene 4. We already had finalized Scene 1 and Scene 2 a long time ago. So this means we have (or I have been given the) renders for 3 out of 8 scenes in total for CH4. We still have 5 other scenes to finalize.

You can understand that, like some of you, I'm skeptical and want to continue seeing the renders coming in before I rejoice. I'm also skeptical that this rhythm will continue like that (for following releases) and not have massive delays again. I'm just mentioning it so that you know I'm not forgetting the past, but I'm trying to focus on the future and think positive :giggle:

--------------------

The second important thing is our way of working. I've expanded on this idea before in this post. And this is one of the major issues.

For Chapter 4, I've created a very detailed script with all scenes outlined. And keep in mind that at that time I wasn't even remotely familiar with 3D rendering with Daz, so I couldn't imagine that some things would be difficult to implement. Well, the thing is that this process didn't work well with Suzinak's workflow and really troubled him creatively. He had trouble implementing the scenes and wasn't happy with the results. He told me that he was rendering the same scenes again and again, but never getting the result that he wanted. He wasn't feeling satisfied. He was trying to follow my script very closely, trying not to diverge from the narrative and that really killed his creativity. And that makes a tough combination with his limited time.

We had discussed in the past that this process wasn't working with him, and we had planned to change it from Chapter 5 and onwards. Well, this issue was much more significant and it needs to change now for Chapter 4. So Suzinak decided to follow the abstract of my script (not closely) and create the scenes as he would like/prefer them. That gave him the creativity boost he needed and now he's satisfied with the end result. So that's one big thing solved! :)

--------------------

So what's next? Now I have about 100+ renders from Suzinak that are relatively close to what I've scripted but not exactly the same. This means that I'll have to ...well... re-write a big chunk of my script to match the renders and try to convey the same subtle messages that I had already scripted.

And Suzinak has to keep creating renders for the rest of the scenes. As I've mentioned, I still need the renders for 5 out of 8 scenes.

--------------------

And I have a teaser here. There's a scene that's erotic (You're shocked! I know!) and Suzinak has rendered two alternative themes/kinks (I'm not gonna reveal anything, don't ask). So players that don't like the first thing, they could choose the second and vise versa.

And of course there are animations to be done with these scenes. Suzinak hasn't started on them, but usually these are the last to be done as they take the most time.
Oh.....I waited this news for long time. Finally Marge is back and she is back with a bang :love:

• Star-struck
Reactions: Asmodeus_

Behappy69

Nov 3, 2020
Must be some kind of miscommunication. Maybe I didn't explain something correctly. Let me try again.

The core of story revolves around Marge (mom) and the MC. Some secondary characters have been added to support the plot; Jessica Taylor (the Doctor) and Sophie (mom's coworker).
I can breathe again thank you I must have misread it plus maybe a had a few at the time of reading.

Hookups_017

Jan 15, 2021
good things just need some times and we all know life is a bitch...glad that suzinak can bring everything under one hat...even if it takes time and we need to be patient

• Red Heart

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Under the risk to sound a asshole, is good to know that the progress is moving but this update's development cycle is already a disaster by the time it took. So as much important as the progress will to know what changes and measures Suzinak will take to avoid another year delay, because in this pace this game won't be finished not even in this decade.

Asmodeus_

Creator of Neuvau
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2020
Under the risk to sound a asshole, is good to know that the progress is moving but this update's development cycle is already a disaster by the time it took. So as much important as the progress will to know what changes and measures Suzinak will take to avoid another year delay, because in this pace this game won't be finished not even in this decade.
First of all, that's very fair to say! And thank you for voicing your point of view. This is also my concern. I'm not gonna be here if this gets further delays!

Since Suzinak started working actively, it seems that he's working everything from scratch. Either he never worked on the renders for a whole year, or he scrapped everything he worked on for the last year and started anew; I'll let you pick whatever version you want to believe. So that means that if he keeps delivering renders at this pace, that means about 2-3 months till the release of CH4. IF his pace in rendering is steady (that doesn't mean much given his history) we're looking at an October release.

--------------

I also have some lukewarm news.

Suzinak delivered today a new batch of renders for scene 3 (that's a good thing), but this is not the quality I was expecting (that's a bad thing). He's also changed integral parts of the plot to deliver them fast. He took creative freedom and changed a whole lot of things that weren't supposed to change.

To explain, Scene 3 is a plot scene (with some naughty bits ofc), so its purpose is to make the story go forward. If this scene changes, then the narrative changes. So I've asked Suzinak to redo the renders for this scene and stick to the script, cause the scene won't work with the renders he delivered. That isn't positive from my POV. I hope Suzinak delivers and we move forward fast.

I'll be really disappointed if this isn't fixed, because my whole purpose working on this game is to write a quality story. If the renders aren't on the same level, then the story will fall flat no matter how well written it is.

We'll see how that goes. I'll try to keep you up to date.

Last edited:

Dr. Javi

May 29, 2020
Fuck. I didn't think that the progress update from a few days ago was all that encouraging but this sounds...very not good. Fuck.

When you wrote that October was a potential release date, I thought that was pretty disastrous but the poor render quality and deviation from the script are almost (and maybe are) mortal blows. If the render quality drops significantly then the game is essentially done. The render quality from chapters 1-3 are the best that I have ever seen in a game and a huge draw. If there is a significant drop in quality than no one's going to play future chapters. This is especially disappointing considering that Suzinak said that he was going back to things in chapter 1 to make things look better.

The deviation from the story is really, really bad too. I remember when he posted an image of Marge in red panties someone asked why red instead of black. Suzinak said that it was because you asked for red. So if he went from that level of dedication to details to taking significant creative license that's pretty surprising. No chance that's a good development.

I'm so sorry that you have to go through this Asmodeus. I can't imagine how frustrating this is for you. I've said numerous time that this game has (had?) all the potential in the world so to hear all of this is very disheartening. If he doesn't make the renders up to his previous standard, then he really needs to just formally abandon the game.

Edit: Do you think that he might have issues with his computer (like graphic card) that is the reason for the subpar renders?

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Is heartbroken read all of that. Again, i don't wanna sound as a asshole and i absolutely hate bash people specially whe they are not around to talk back, but Suzinak is showing all the signs that he is nowhere near a reliable dev. This were his words in his last patreon post in january 7th: "The development phase of the game is almost complete. Only a few animations and a few renders remain".

And now, 6 months later, he is still rendering scene 3 out 8. How this suppose make any sense or be almost complete? I don't wanna say he lied, but it's all to dark to trust in his words. That's why i say this update is already a fiasco, everything is already in a huge delay and seems he keeps taking all the bad decisions regards development process.

I know he do this as a hobby, and his job and education are way more important, i know he pause his patreon so by no means can say he is milking/scamming people's money. But the way he has been dealing with this project is simply... wrong. And is a huge red flag that he simply was not cut to be a VN dev.

Asmodeus_

Creator of Neuvau
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2020
Fuck. I didn't think that the progress update from a few days ago was all that encouraging but this sounds...very not good. Fuck.

When you wrote that October was a potential release date, I thought that was pretty disastrous but the poor render quality and deviation from the script are almost (and maybe are) mortal blows. If the render quality drops significantly then the game is essentially done. The render quality from chapters 1-3 are the best that I have ever seen in a game and a huge draw. If there is a significant drop in quality than no one's going to play future chapters. This is especially disappointing considering that Suzinak said that he was going back to things in chapter 1 to make things look better.

The deviation from the story is really, really bad too. I remember when he posted an image of Marge in red panties someone asked why red instead of black. Suzinak said that it was because you asked for red. So if he went from that level of dedication to details to taking significant creative license that's pretty surprising. No chance that's a good development.

I'm so sorry that you have to go through this Asmodeus. I can't imagine how frustrating this is for you. I've said numerous time that this game has (had?) all the potential in the world so to hear all of this is very disheartening. If he doesn't make the renders up to his previous standard, then he really needs to just formally abandon the game.

Edit: Do you think that he might have issues with his computer (like graphic card) that is the reason for the subpar renders?
I appreciate the feeling Dr. Javi . It's exactly like you said it. It's very frustrating.

I don't think it's a technical issue. That would be easy to identify. It's not that the renders are not in high resolution, or they have noise.

I notice a lack of attention to detail. The kind of detail that made the first chapters a success. And I describe all these details in the script. That's why the deviation from the script is so frustrating to me.

I really hope that the drop of quality is due to that he's trying to do too much in less time (and he's cutting corners). But I'm really worried that he's simply burned out and wants to just get it done whatever the quality.

Asmodeus_

Creator of Neuvau
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2020
Is heartbroken read all of that. Again, i don't wanna sound as a asshole and i absolutely hate bash people specially whe they are not around to talk back, but Suzinak is showing all the signs that he is nowhere near a reliable dev. This were his words in his last patreon post in january 7th: "The development phase of the game is almost complete. Only a few animations and a few renders remain".

And now, 6 months later, he is still rendering scene 3 out 8. How this suppose make any sense or be almost complete? I don't wanna say he lied, but it's all to dark to trust in his words. That's why i say this update is already a fiasco, everything is already in a huge delay and seems he keeps taking all the bad decisions regards development process.

I know he do this as a hobby, and his job and education are way more important, i know he pause his patreon so by no means can say he is milking/scamming people's money. But the way he has been dealing with this project is simply... wrong. And is a huge red flag that he simply was not cut to be a VN dev.
Don't keep saying negative things about yourself! This is an expression of your feelings and it's okay! (y)

To the points you made, I don't know what to add to that. I'm just gonna say it mirrors my thoughts and feelings too! :HideThePain:

Reactions: Gamesstar

Loumax

Oct 12, 2021
He is a very good artist and I love his work, I think that striving to complete the project quickly is a mistake that will lead to structural bugs and visual quality problems. If these are the times, I remain of the idea that CH4 should be in 2 or 3 parts ... even if it is an abrupt cut to the story ... peace! It also happens in the cinema .. But at least you can be sure that this fantastic project does not end with "words" but with facts.
Then if there was no way at least some concrete demonstration that the project really goes ahead.(y)(y)(y)

Reactions: Dr. Javi

Nitwitty

Nov 23, 2020
First of all, that's very fair to say! And thank you for voicing your point of view. This is also my concern. I'm not gonna be here if this gets further delays!

Since Suzinak started working actively, it seems that he's working everything from scratch. Either he never worked on the renders for a whole year, or he scrapped everything he worked on for the last year and started anew; I'll let you pick whatever version you want to believe. So that means that if he keeps delivering renders at this pace, that means about 2-3 months till the release of CH4. IF his pace in rendering is steady (that doesn't mean much given his history) we're looking at an October release.

--------------

I also have some lukewarm news.

Suzinak delivered today a new batch of renders for scene 3 (that's a good thing), but this is not the quality I was expecting (that's a bad thing). He's also changed integral parts of the plot to deliver them fast. He took creative freedom and changed a whole lot of things that weren't supposed to change.

To explain, Scene 3 is a plot scene (with some naughty bits ofc), so its purpose is to make the story go forward. If this scene changes, then the narrative changes. So I've asked Suzinak to redo the renders for this scene and stick to the script, cause the scene won't work with the renders he delivered. That isn't positive from my POV. I hope Suzinak delivers and we move forward fast.

I'll be really disappointed if this isn't fixed, because my whole purpose working on this game is to write a quality story. If the renders aren't on the same level, then the story will fall flat no matter how well written it is.

We'll see how that goes. I'll try to keep you up to date.
I would WAYYYY prefer if the plot is not changed to support subpar work. I mean, the first chapter set the standard so he should keep his own standard. We waited this long, we can wait longer if necessary.

Loumax

Oct 12, 2021
I would WAYYYY prefer if the plot is not changed to support subpar work. I mean, the first chapter set the standard so he should keep his own standard. We waited this long, we can wait longer if necessary.
At that point so when it comes out it will be so obsolete and retro that it will have lost all the charm of the moment.

4.50 star(s) 129 Votes