Juerhullycin

Feb 4, 2024
Apparently it's of great concern since you took the time to respond. Like, subscribe, and ring that bell y'all.
yeah i was concerned. I wasn't sure you didnt hurt yourself, because you were reaching with your comment. So bad in fact that it looked like you broke your arm in multiple places.

GamleErik89

Sep 13, 2018
I had a wholeass review ready to go, but it does not even deserve that. The take away and tl:dr from that is just this: A massively rushed disappointment of an ending, and utterly moronic way to do the final choices.:rolleyes:

Hell! Even the god damn "be a loner, hunt the noxxa" endig had way, way more content than the harem choice. The one ending/final choice a lot of people, probably, and imo, actually wanted to see content in, along side the solo choices.:FacePalm:
I'd rather see games get slapped with the "Abandoned" tag, and remain in limbo, than what ever this became. No ending, is heaps better then a really shitty ending, some times.

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
eh, whatever, it's as good an ending as any (I don't think anyone was really that invested in the plot, let's be real) BUUUUT I agree it would've been nice to at least have a nice orgy scene for the harem path... like come on bruh.

it would be cool if the dev went back and fixed all the writing issues and added a nice orgy to finalize it.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
I want to congratulate the dev that he found a courage to finish the game despite toxic atmosphere and review bombing

Well done, mate!
I'll second that motion!
But I won't call for a vote because of all the last several pages of 'Noxas' that never paid for the game, got it free, played it for nothing and then vented their spleens about how it didn't meet their 'standards of quality' or had something (an ending) they didn't like. Toxic people make toxic environments and they don't realize their statements says more about them than the game.

So Congratulations Dev on finishing your game which had some great spots of drama, use of lighting, smooth animations and hot women. Oh, and I liked the non-typical MC, crass bastard but pretty cool for an alpha-male.

Only one year from start to finish! Well done, Mate! Congratulations! You deserve more respect than you got.

godscoper

Jul 16, 2023
I'll second that motion!
But I won't call for a vote because of all the last several pages of 'Noxas' that never paid for the game, got it free, played it for nothing and then vented their spleens about how it didn't meet their 'standards of quality' or had something (an ending) they didn't like. Toxic people make toxic environments and they don't realize their statements says more about them than the game.

So Congratulations Dev on finishing your game which had some great spots of drama, use of lighting, smooth animations and hot women. Oh, and I liked the non-typical MC, crass bastard but pretty cool for an alpha-male.

Only one year from start to finish! Well done, Mate! Congratulations! You deserve more respect than you got.
yes, it is a good game but the entire time in the story was all this badass enemy planet killers, a highly advanced army then we got 3 enemies and MC gets suit and rams the ships at the end.
the entire game was good from characters, location, dialog and ending didn't feel like the proper ending for a good game.

most people complain is from a good game to an okay game because don't know the reason why the ending felt rushed to the point game feels unfinished

I understand if personal reasons why he wanted to complete it as quickly as possible but feel like the game I supported should of at least had a proper ending.

don't get me wrong I'm glad the dev decided to finish it instead abandon but at the same time wish the ending never happened because leaves sour taste in some players

LonerPrime

Apr 9, 2018
I just started this game and... is it just me or the MC's personality a conflicting enigma? One one hand he talks about defending the weak and fighting for good, but then soon he switches around to derogatory remarks and condescending attitude. It doesn't help that the choices baked in makes him look like a bipolar weirdo if you choose the more diplomatic and respectful remarks.

It's like the dev intended him to have two different personalities based on player preference, but didn't care much to actually go through with it entirely. Choose whatever you want, but ultimately he is gonna behave like a macho man. I'm generally fine with almost anything when it comes to main characters, but right now my immersion is all over the place.

Like for a simple example, when Irina is telling him about the manufactured food, it's clear he dislikes it. But for some reason dev gives you choices about "Wow, you guys can do anything!" and "Not so bad"! But clearly as the dialogues continue on it seems like the options "What do you know what I want" and "This tastes like shit" seems to be the appropriate picks. So why give choices that are meaningless?

Guess I should restart and just pick aggressive responses. Clearly it's how the dev envisioned this guy to be... unless something drastic happens in the future? I doubt it though..

Last edited:

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
yes, it is a good game but the entire time in the story was all this badass enemy planet killers, a highly advanced army then we got 3 enemies and MC gets suit and rams the ships at the end.
the entire game was good from characters, location, dialog and ending didn't feel like the proper ending for a good game.
most people complain is from a good game to an okay game because don't know the reason why the ending felt rushed to the point game feels unfinished
I understand if personal reasons why he wanted to complete it as quickly as possible but feel like the game I supported should of at least had a proper ending.
don't get me wrong I'm glad the dev decided to finish it instead abandon but at the same time wish the ending never happened because leaves sour taste in some players
Ok I get all that.
BUT if you go back and look at the very first scenes of the game, ...which most of the players who are complaining about the rushed ending have forgotten, you'll see that this ending was planned for the game from the beginning! The main character talks about 'how technology wins wars' and more hinting about super power capability and the future war. (at the end, we know who's talking but at first we don't)

Ok there weren't thousands of bad guys on the Master ship...but I forgive that because I'm aware of how difficult image multiplication is in Daz when you're playing in 3D with hi rez graphics...

None the less about how one feels about the ending...looking back makes me realize why Mech Academy was the game's Title. The war was just a background reason so the Dev could have a School setting for the game and all the girls involved to play with. THAT WAS THE MAIN PURPOSE, not the war. Fooled me too.

All in all, Cudos for great visuals, drama as far as it went and ability to complete it in one year.

I say again, the game's not perfect but the Dev's not getting the respect he deserves from the comments I read.

Reactions: robin312

moonshadow

May 6, 2017
I sorta liked both games from this dev...until the very end ..
Because holy fuck is this dev crap when it comes to endings.
Both this and his other game just..ends, imo very abruptly. There's rushed endings, and there's...this. This made rushed endings seem..good.

Sure, sometimes its nice when a game doesnt take 5-6 years to finish. But what the hell.
Will definitely avoid this dev's future work. Building up a story, just to "tadaa, you won. the end".

3.80 star(s) 66 Votes