RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Hey rpdl - love your work, and the torrent sharing is fantastic, but I think you've mislabelled chapter 2 as chapter 3.

Chapter 3 torrent link on your site dl's chp2 v9.0
Thanks, well spotted - pushing a fix now!

gromtox

Oct 2, 2018
Maybe it's a dumb question, but are the charactes oryginal or from some other games/shows [i have nothing bad in mind, just asking]? I Swear i saw a lot of them somewhere? In Koikatsu probly?

How did i miss this game? DLing CH1.

Reactions: Cokane0

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
Cokane0 Excellent game! Just rushed the two first chapters, starting the 3rd. The amount of animations is, AFAIK, the biggest I've seen in a Ren'Py game. S

If you don't mind, I wish to make you some suggestions...

As you know it perfectly, each chapter is HUGE. I don't mind about bandwidth, but since there is some copy/paste between each chapters... Why don't you provide a separate pack (i.e. one or more RPA, to be clear) with repeatable content, so:
  • You can significantly reduce each chapter size,
  • You can fix chapters and/or repeatable scenes without impacting the rest.
  • It should be easy to limit repeatable scenes chapter by chapter with a global "chapter number" variable, if you don't want to backport new scenes in old chapters.
This shouls reduce some criticisms about the download size, and also reduce copy/paste for you - that's always something bad and not funny to do.

Also, maybe the two "maps" (world & jump) should be merged - and put a better icon for "Back" on these screens, this ugly circular grey arrow one really don't suit the game! :LOL:

The "Love/bio" screen (the one you get from the "Heart" icon) may be extended a little with all girls (several pages, maybe?), and a completion ratio could be displayed for each girl (for example, a "Story: 3/5" or similar display under each portrait). Would be easier than scrolling in replay gallery to check if everything was done, and it could make this screen a bit more useful - honestly, once bio are read, there is absolutely no need to return there, despite its easy access through the icon... While the replay gallery is less accessible, but way more useful.

Last but not least, a little "import/export" function would be nice... It's quite a pain to re-set all nicknames, choices, etc. when you want to continue "your" story, even if it's a nice feature to avoid replay everything from chapter 1 just to change one or two choices.

Thanks for this little gem, I don't know how I missed it, but now I got it! ;)

Cokane0

Koikatu Harem Master
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
Everything you say has merit. Would love to do all of that.
Unfortunately I am smol brain and I have 0 UI/graphic design skills. So rip me. The only reason the game functions as well as it does on the backend or has a some nice features is all do to the work of two f95zone members.

As you know it perfectly, each chapter is HUGE. I don't mind about bandwidth, but since there is some copy/paste between each chapters... Why don't you provide a separate pack (i.e. one or more RPA, to be clear) with repeatable content, so:

• You can significantly reduce each chapter size,
  • You can fix chapters and/or repeatable scenes without impacting the rest.
  • It should be easy to limit repeatable scenes chapter by chapter with a global "chapter number" variable, if you don't want to backport new scenes in old chapters.
This shouls reduce some criticisms about the download size, and also reduce copy/paste for you - that's always something bad and not funny to do.
Fine idea, split off repeatable content into a separate pack yeah? I don't know what an RPA is because smol brain. This is the same logic of people asking me to do update patches. +1

Also, maybe the two "maps" (world & jump) should be merged - and put a better icon for "Back" on these screens, this ugly circular grey arrow one really don't suit the game! :LOL:
Correct. Should be done.

The "Love/bio" screen (the one you get from the "Heart" icon) may be extended a little with all girls (several pages, maybe?), and a completion ratio could be displayed for each girl (for example, a "Story: 3/5" or similar display under each portrait). Would be easier than scrolling in replay gallery to check if everything was done, and it could make this screen a bit more useful - honestly, once bio are read, there is absolutely no need to return there, despite its easy access through the icon... While the replay gallery is less accessible, but way more useful.
All correct.

Last but not least, a little "import/export" function would be nice... It's quite a pain to re-set all nicknames, choices, etc. when you want to continue "your" story, even if it's a nice feature to avoid replay everything from chapter 1 just to change one or two choices.
I legit had Masterdragonson hand me this code on a silver platter to make save games between the chapters compatible.
So should this be done, yes.

Okay, umm so now that I've agreed with all your very well put together thoughts on how to fix these dumb design choices I'm just gonna throw out my shitty reasoning as to why none of this is done already.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
Everything you say has merit. Would love to do all of that.
Unfortunately I am smol brain and I have 0 UI/graphic design skills. So rip me. The only reason the game functions as well as it does on the backend or has a some nice features is all do to the work of two f95zone members.
Why rip you? That's only suggestions, not orders nor complains... :unsure: Or did I understood something badly? English is not my native language...

Fine idea, split off repeatable content into a separate pack yeah? I don't know what an RPA is because smol brain. This is the same logic of people asking me to do update patches. +1
RPA are Ren'Py Archives. A way to pack together several files together (scripts, images, music, videos, ...) in one single file. You add the RPA to the game, the Ren'Py engine read it and add what it contains to the game - in particular scripts. And unlike separate files / folders, if you replace it, it will also "delete" unneeded files since the whole archive is replaced with the new one.
The purpose was mostly to reduce / split downloads for most people who seems to care about this factor, and simplify also your own work. As long as you can set the repeatable scenes in separated, optional files, then you can do a RPA with them.

You can even use this technique to create an "unique" game with all chapters inside it - one chapter, one RPA, with common parts in others RPA.

Okay, umm so now that I've agreed with all your very well put together thoughts on how to fix these dumb design choices I'm just gonna throw out my shitty reasoning as to why none of this is done already.
That's understandable too. Capitalizing some elements for each chapter is also a way to reduce workload, therefore to give you more time - "invest a little, get a lot" principle - and that's all.
As I said, I don't mind bandwidth, unlike most people here... I don't ask for compressed versions, and as long as it's hosted on Mega, I don't really look about archives' sizes. I also have enough terabytes on my hard drive to store any games I want. This suggestion was mostly to help you and reduce criticisms.

I however firmly stick to one thing: this grey arrow icon is absolutely ugly, especially when compared to the overall graphic quality of the game... :LOL: A simple "Return" text would be better than that.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Cokane0

Cokane0

Koikatu Harem Master
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
Why rip you? That's only suggestions, not orders nor complains... :unsure: Or did I understood something badly? English is not my native language...
Lmao, you're good bruv, I'm just memeing. I'm native English and native English speakers often don't understand me either. My bad lol.

I however firmly stick to one thing: this grey arrow icon is absolutely ugly, especially when compared to the overall graphic quality of the game... :LOL: A simple "Return" text would be better than that.
Lol I agree. And I really do want to see these things done as much as you. I'm just aware of my skillset, I'm barely a competent coder for renpy and I have zero graphic design skills. But let's knock this one issue out right now yeah?

So 20$ USD to the first person who posts ITT or in the Melatonin Magiks discord with a competent replacement for returnbutton1.png and for worldmap_return_But.png
I'll let you know where to invoice me and get paid. Paying people to do things is so much easier than doing them myself :WeSmart:
Bet this will go fast, make something someone.

Chaosborn

God of the Chaosborn
Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Lmao, you're good bruv, I'm just memeing. I'm native English and native English speakers often don't understand me either. My bad lol.

Lol I agree. And I really do want to see these things done as much as you. I'm just aware of my skillset, I'm barely a competent coder for renpy and I have zero graphic design skills. But let's knock this one issue out right now yeah?

So 20$ USD to the first person who posts ITT or in the Melatonin Magiks discord with a competent replacement for View attachment 1595291 and for View attachment 1595292
I'll let you know where to invoice me and get paid. Paying people to do things is so much easier than doing them myself :WeSmart:
Bzzt... lazy

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
So 20$ USD to the first person who posts ITT or in the Melatonin Magiks discord with a competent replacement for View attachment 1595291 and for View attachment 1595292
Free of charge.

Since I used one of your pictures to do it (intro_fastevil_66.webp), I would have big guts to claim money... :LOL:
Consider it as a contribution. You have full-res one, and two with the same exact sizes - I would seriously consider to use the full-res one only.

return_button_alyssa_hand.png

Cokane0

Koikatu Harem Master
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
Free of charge.

Since I used one of your pictures to do it (intro_fastevil_66.webp), I would have big guts to claim money... :LOL:
Consider it as a contribution. You have full-res one, and two with the same exact sizes - I would seriously consider to use the full-res one only.

View attachment 1596016
You're a world champion my fren. And no no no, principle. I'll DM you with a paypal email for an invoice. I can't force you to send an invoice but you should. Point being, I have/can/will pay people to do things I'm unwilling/unable to do.

I'll heavily look into making RPA archives if this is the solution to people getting easier update patches.

4.30 star(s) 43 Votes