Cokane0

Koikatu Harem Master
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Lmao I was waiting for someone to point that out. Limitations of the engine? I don't know, little to busy rendering right now to check for a 7.62x54r without the casing. Also I'm pretty sure It only registered in my brain once that sequence was done and I was like "Fuck that, looks good, ship it out."
I take shortcuts all the time, details details. Big picture big brain over here.

Chaosborn

God of the Chaosborn
Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Cokane0 Hey what did i miss in chapter 1 ? did you fuck inux i didn't and i'm not really clear as to where that's supposed to happend ? you don't have a choice when she appeared right ?

Reactions: Cokane0

Cokane0

Koikatu Harem Master
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
Cokane0 Hey what did i miss in chapter 1 ? did you fuck inux i didn't and i'm not really clear as to where that's supposed to happend ? you don't have a choice when she appeared right ?
Hey m8. Inux has two sex scenes in Chp1.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So yeah, for chapter two I would just say you had sex with her if you want her upcoming content. She already has one H scene in chapter two that you will miss if you say that you haven't had sex with her.
Hope that's clear enough, if you need more help you can always DM me.

HTYYHRK

Dec 7, 2018
Lmao I was waiting for someone to point that out. Limitations of the engine? I don't know, little to busy rendering right now to check for a 7.62x54r without the casing. Also I'm pretty sure It only registered in my brain once that sequence was done and I was like "Fuck that, looks good, ship it out."
I take shortcuts all the time, details details. Big picture big brain over here.
Yeah, just immediately thought of that line when I saw it. The real wtf in that scene is the dainty Guardian firing a minigun like she's Arnold Schwarzenegger.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
If nothing else, we can just assume that the woman holding the gun is so badass that the terrified bullet simply ejects itself from the gun without losing the casing. It works out well for her, more bullet means more damage after all, everyone knows that.

jmcronshaw

Apr 19, 2020
really enjoying this game a lot but the lagginess in the scenes is killing me.
I did a search and it looks like there is a script fix. Does that help with the issue?

Cokane0

Koikatu Harem Master
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
really enjoying this game a lot but the lagginess in the scenes is killing me.
I did a search and it looks like there is a script fix. Does that help with the issue?
Depends on which animations you are having lag issues with. No crashes?
How far in are you? People usually have problems with the early ones. I'll write you up any script you need if you let me know.

On a related note.
I would like to announce that I am going to do a full animation lag/crash fix for the entire chapter as soon as my payout from patreon gets in. Just cashed it for the first time, I'm gonna hire a private uploader so I don't have to bother the community uploaders anymore. Hopefully I can start by tomorrow.

edit: On a another related note chapter two should be a lot more stable, I think that's evident by nobody reporting any issues with it preformance wise. What I did with it I'll go back and do to chapter one in full.

Reactions: jmcronshaw

jmcronshaw

Apr 19, 2020
Depends on which animations you are having lag issues with. No crashes?
How far in are you? People usually have problems with the early ones. I'll write you up any script you need if you let me know.

On a related note.
I would like to announce that I am going to do a full animation lag/crash fix for the entire chapter as soon as my payout from patreon gets in. Just cashed it for the first time, I'm gonna hire a private uploader so I don't have to bother the community uploaders anymore. Hopefully I can start by tomorrow.

edit: On a another related note chapter two should be a lot more stable, I think that's evident by nobody reporting any issues with it preformance wise. What I did with it I'll go back and do to chapter one in full.
I haven't gotten super far played maybe an hour in the sandbox, no crashes but one of the scenes with the android in her room was super laggy.
So it's all the beginning scenes really, did you need to know which ones specifically?
I think i chose sex at every available opportunity, but i may have missed a scene?
I appreciate your response and the offer

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
I'd imagine most problems boil down to specific hardware incompatibilities? My computer is, to put it politely, budget-conscious, but despite my subpar hardware, to this day I have yet to experience lag or framerate related issues in any renpy/UE/unity titles. On the other hand they seem to constantly give some others tons of problems.
I suppose computers will always remain a mystery to me, much like the opposite gender.

Cokane0

Koikatu Harem Master
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
I haven't gotten super far played maybe an hour in the sandbox, no crashes but one of the scenes with the android in her room was super laggy.
So it's all the beginning scenes really, did you need to know which ones specifically?
I think i chose sex at every available opportunity, but i may have missed a scene?
Well, as far as missing a scene, depends on your route, you've seen everything you have chosen to see. There are branching scenes everywhere at your stage of the game.
Putting that aside.

I'm going to go through and fix all of the early scenes starting right now. I'd suggest you continue your playthrough if you don't want to wait a couple hours. I'll post a script file for you as soon as it's ready.
Also the repeatable scenes for Neko and Ona in their rooms are awful and are leftovers from my earliest work. Everyone should really just ignore them until I remaster them.

Seriously my deleted scenes folder would shock you.

I'd imagine most problems boil down to specific hardware incompatibilities? My computer is, to put it politely, budget-conscious, but despite my subpar hardware, to this day I have yet to experience lag or framerate related issues in any renpy/UE/unity titles. On the other hand they seem to constantly give some others tons of problems.
I suppose computers will always remain a mystery to me, much like the opposite gender.
Lol I'd hope, but the truth is I have shoddy code, mostly at the beginning of Chapter one because I did not know wtf I was doing.
And this is still after I have gone back and fixed a bunch of these issues for the current uploaded version.
It's rather simple, what gives people problems is where more than one animation is playing at a time, one will be running and another or more will be running in the backround. Some people crash, others get lag. It gets better for them as the game progresses but really I have to go through and just make it as easy as possible for people's computers to handle the animations by only playing one at a time.

Even people with the best hardware have crashed because of core issues. Fucks with the memory when it gets too bad.
I'm going to make Chapter one as stable as Chapter two. Starting now.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Yeah m8, idk. If you defined more by what you consider domination maybe I could help you better. Like I said, the BDSM really is optional, other than that one scene with an LI like I said. The scenes are graphic, and the dirty talk is explicit. There's anal, the scenes are avoidable, you'd want to avoid most/half of them. MC just definitely is not a push over in bed. There's either no dialogue in h scenes from the MC or increasingly you get to choose your own dialogue options. One is always a nice option. There is only a single femdom avoidable scene in Chapter two. Most content with Emi, you will not enjoy.

Idk, point is I definitely made the game with people like yourself in mind. Like I did not ignore your existence of taste, there are non H scenes and H scenes you will like. I just can't 100% say your going to have a good time m8. Flip a coin.
I have started the game. I certainly don't think I like Emi's scenes. But I don't like the scene, after saying no to Emi, with the elf girl either (I don't like the way the MC talks in this scene).

I'm not sure I want to continue the game.

In any case thanks for the game and good luck.

Cokane0

Koikatu Harem Master
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
Sorry it took a minute there m8, I went ham and did the entire script file.

Stability hotfix for the entirety of Chapter one:

THIS IS ONLY FOR CHAPTER ONE OF Melatonin Magiks
These script files should be placed in your game folder if you are experiencing animation lag and or crashes during gameplay.
BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL script.rpy/script.rpyc files
This has not been beta tested and I have no idea If I broke something. DM me or post in the game thread if you experience any game errors.

Overdue, I know lads. Once I secure an uploader I will reupload a new stable build across all platforms.

The v2.1 version of Chapter One makes this patch redundant.

Last edited:

jmcronshaw

Apr 19, 2020
Sorry it took a minute there m8, I went ham and did the entire script file.

Stability hotfix for the entirety of Chapter one:

THIS IS ONLY FOR CHAPTER ONE OF Melatonin Magiks
These script files should be placed in your game folder if you are experiencing animation lag and or crashes during gameplay.
BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL script.rpy/script.rpyc files
This has not been beta tested and I have no idea If I broke something. DM me or post in the game thread if you experience any game errors.

Overdue, I know lads. Once I secure an uploader I will reupload a new stable build across all platforms.
This fixed the problem for me
thanks again for the help

• Red Heart

DogManSalad

Feb 13, 2020
Well fuck me sideways, VN choices that actually made me stop and consider what to pick. I'm in too deep boys, someone take my head off before I sink it any further into this world. Actually, better to be safe, take both heads off.

• Red Heart
4.30 star(s) 43 Votes