4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yeah, he'll post the date for the release by the end of july, not necessarily the update. As I said earlier I think it's 2:1 cycle, but I'd be more than happy if someone proved me wrong and we'd get both updates at the same time.
As far as everything posted it's still a 2:1 schedule.

Valoryn

Jul 13, 2018
Amy's character is quite likable to Georgina of DMD: hot as fuck, single, age compatible, loving, caring, and probably devious when necessary for MC's sake. They would be the safest pick but as how these games must move on, the MC must pursue the most challenging/ most risky love interest in the hope of achieving the best ending.

order of personal picks:
rebecca
melody
amy
sophie
izzy (remains a fuck buddy but she feels like a wildcard that might cause tensions to every other relationships soon... provided you decided to open all routes)

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
I have to say, I'm not really a fan of typos in my "spot the mistake" quizzes. Only real complaint about this update.

Eunoian

Artist & Writer
Donor
Jul 15, 2018
I have to say, I'm not really a fan of typos in my "spot the mistake" quizzes. Only real complaint about this update.
Are you referring to the flute? It isn't really a typo - Alta is still a musicological term for a wind band. However the quiz was asking about the alto flute.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
Are you referring to the flute? It isn't really a typo - Alta is still a musicological term for a wind band. However the quiz was asking about the alto flute.
Yes, but somehow an "alta" flute was more correct than a "picollo" flute with a "soothing" effect (IIRC).

Eunoian

Artist & Writer
Donor
Jul 15, 2018
Yes, but somehow an "alta" flute was more correct than a "picollo" flute with a "soothing" effect (IIRC).
Yeah but a piccolo is an actual flute, whereas there is no such thing as an alta flute. An Alta is a Wait: a group of people playing like slide trumpets. I get what you're saying though - it's kind of a trick question, but the question was which item wasn't a flute. It's not an uncommon kind of question on an exam where I come from anyway.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
Yeah but a piccolo is an actual flute, whereas there is no such thing as an alta flute. An Alta is a Wait: a group of people playing like slide trumpets. I get what you're saying though - it's kind of a trick question, but the question was which item wasn't a flute. It's not an uncommon kind of question on an exam where I come from anyway.
"Piccolo" is an actual flute, but so is "alto". As it is, there were two incorrect answers each to two of the questions, and you were just expected to guess which one was the trick answer and which one was a mistake. That's even less fun than guessing dates.

Eunoian

Artist & Writer
Donor
Jul 15, 2018
@Bagger288 I'm not sure what you're arguing. The question was which item is NOT a flute. A piccolo is a flute (yes, so is an alto flute). If I remember right, the third option was a c flute (short for western concert flute). However, there is no such thing as an "alta" flute. It's not a typo. It's a trick, because "alta" is still a term used in musicology.

1) Alta Flute
2) Piccolo
3) C Flute

Number 1 is not a flute. If it said "alto" instead of "alta" then all three would be flutes and there would be no right answer.

Eunoian

Artist & Writer
Donor
Jul 15, 2018
As I recall, "piccolo" was not an option - it was misspelled as "picollo". Roughly similar deal with the "calm" question.
Ohhh, if piccolo was spelt wrong I definitely didn't notice that at all. I don't remember the soothing vs calm thing. I'll have to check that out. I thought you were saying that you thought the question was about which flute was soothing, as opposed to which is not a flute. I misunderstood what you were saying. Apologies.

Reactions: papasmurf

Aprilia1k

Jul 7, 2017
I apologize up front if I come off as whiny here.

I guess it's likely that I'm in the minority here, so understand that I realize that ;-)

Is it that people who are interested in and playing DMD don't sub or watch that game's thread? I just started ... became interested in Melody because - well, it's really good - beautiful models and very competent writing as far as I've gotten. Just really good. When I start seeing drop (update/delivery) news and do a double-take (I haven't really been all that interested in the other game, and didn't immediately realize that was what was being announced - thought DMD might be an acronym for some aspect of the game that this thread is really about ("Dirty Melody Drop"... no? lol..)). Just- geez, can you announce other game info in a different thread perhaps? I know -that's unreasonable; and I am not particularly serious, so go easy on me, heh.. That was just the grumpy mfr within that barked at the wind cuz he woke up on the wrong side of the parkbenc.... bed. heh. Cheers - GREAT game.

Edit: I've been educated - went to mrdotsgames.com and I now understand the significance, and popularity of aforementioned game. Remember - I was just kiddin, and take full blame for my own state of annoyance ;-)

Reactions: BIackBaron

Eunoian

Artist & Writer
Donor
Jul 15, 2018
@Aprilia1k I think it was mainly brought up because of confusion. MrDots announced that a release date for DMD would come out at the end of the month, but people thought the end of the month was the actual release date, as opposed to just an announcement about it. Whereas, Melody is actually releasing an update on July 28th. People were confused by the wording, and were probably uncertain which one was being released on July 28th.

Reactions: Aprilia1k

Aprilia1k

Jul 7, 2017
@Aprilia1k I think it was mainly brought up because of confusion. MrDots announced that a release date for DMD would come out at the end of the month, but people thought the end of the month was the actual release date, as opposed to just an announcement about it. Whereas, Melody is actually releasing an update on July 28th. People were confused by the wording, and were probably uncertain which one was being released on July 28th.
Ooooh. So, both Melody and DMD are being released at the end of the month then? Or - is it that - wait - DMD and Melody are being merged in to a double crossover game? Awesome.. ? ;-)

Of course I'm just kidding. I think it sounded funnier in my head, lol. I understood - and really appreciate - your response and clarification :)

Reactions: Eunoian

Eunoian

Artist & Writer
Donor
Jul 15, 2018
Ooooh. So, both Melody and DMD are being released at the end of the month then? Or - is it that - wait - DMD and Melody are being merged in to a double crossover game? Awesome.. ?
lol, all of the above. And no worries, I sympathised with your point. It only makes things more confusing, especially when an anconym is unfamiliar.

BIackBaron

Jul 24, 2017
I apologize up front if I come off as whiny here.

I guess it's likely that I'm in the minority here, so understand that I realize that ;-)

Is it that people who are interested in and playing DMD don't sub or watch that game's thread? I just started ... became interested in Melody because - well, it's really good - beautiful models and very competent writing as far as I've gotten. Just really good. When I start seeing drop (update/delivery) news and do a double-take (I haven't really been all that interested in the other game, and didn't immediately realize that was what was being announced - thought DMD might be an acronym for some aspect of the game that this thread is really about ("Dirty Melody Drop"... no? lol..)). Just- geez, can you announce other game info in a different thread perhaps? I know -that's unreasonable; and I am not particularly serious, so go easy on me, heh.. That was just the grumpy mfr within that barked at the wind cuz he woke up on the wrong side of the parkbenc.... bed. heh. Cheers - GREAT game.

Edit: I've been educated - went to mrdotsgames.com and I now understand the significance, and popularity of aforementioned game. Remember - I was just kiddin, and take full blame for my own state of annoyance ;-)
You maybe in the minority, but you're absolutely right

P3zz0

MP-40 Enjoyer
Donor
Compressor
Jul 8, 2017
So do we all agree that the 0.04 release for Melody is scheduled and confirmed for the 28th of this month ? It's getting a bit confusing here ahaha

Gio

Modder
Aug 12, 2016
yea and then we will get the date for next update of dmd not the dmd update but just when it will be released

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes