4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018

You talkin' about the date or the udder date?

Aprilia1k

Jul 7, 2017
I tried "Priscilla"... but didn't get very far before I was just laughing too much. "Melody" would make me laugh too. .. oh, or David. lol. Just kidding! t's my brother's name, and a damn good one.

On another note - I've gotten just through the first couple of lessons with Melody. Now - I know that people seem to have ranked the girls this way or that, and frankly - I like all of them, and understand why any of them could be a favorite... but - I just went through the "drive Melody home from tutoring session" scene, in the car - and ...daaaaaaaaamn... that is one extremely beautiful girl. She'd be right at home as a main heroine in a major release, and I really think that. Hell- sure could have used her and the other girls in that last ME... uh... Andromeda or whatever they called it, lol... the whole game seemed like it should have been called "butterface", lol.. I hope I haven't offended anyone, but it seemed like the justice-who'samacallit folks really messed that series up man... but, I digress. but, her face... lol... that's awful. Bad me. Bad, bad me... Now, Melody - on the other hand.... WOW. Just... WOW. I also dig Izzy.. _and_ Amy.. and definitely Becca too - she just might be perfect in so many ways, eh? Classic pretty girl that doesn't realize how pretty she is... good models. GREAT models. OK OK.... g'nite Priscilla

Aprilia1k

Jul 7, 2017
Edit: I see that auto-advance is NOT working... I forgot I had a usb cirque pad hooked up and i must have touched it or moved it... thought that auto was on..... but - no auto. I am gonna implement it.... I am.

I've got a boring-newb question of sorts... might be embarrassing if I weren't so accustomed to that: I notice that the help-screen that lists hotkeys is conspicuously missing "Auto text advance". It is a rudimentary feature and definitely available via the RenPy API... does Melody _not_ have auto-advance?

Considering I can label my saves, I'd somewhat expect auto-advance - as it is (just imho, mind you) a fundamental req. for any VN... hope I'm not stepping on toes or ... chewing on my own here. I realize that it's likely I just missed something obvious.... (nope... apparently not the case).

--- despite the slider, there's no auto-forward. I'll have a prototype working by the morning... will send code snippet to dev (and 1 bugfix)... like old times... heh..

Thanks,

ap

Eunoian

Artist & Writer
Donor
Jul 15, 2018
I've got a boring-newb question of sorts... might be embarrassing if I weren't so accustomed to that: I notice that the help-screen that lists hotkeys is conspicuously missing "Auto text advance". It is a rudimentary feature and definitely available via the RenPy API... does Melody _not_ have auto-advance?
The ctrl key works. The preferences only has the auto-forward time option for speed.

Aprilia1k

Jul 7, 2017
The ctrl key works. The preferences only has the auto-forward time option for speed.
CTRL is for "skip" right? .... not auto-advance (i.e. normally auto-forward is a comfortable, reading-speed auto-text feature so you don't have to click or press a key for every line of dialog. CTRL is ... correct me if I'm wrong... a fast-forward... to skip from .. like a save-point.. to some further place in the story... or just to skip a scene you don't want to see. I am talking about auto-advance. I thought it was working... but ... seems that I forgot to disconnect an external touchpad I was using earlier and had inadvertantly hit it.

So - no auto-text-advance? I know it's a RenPy feature... well... mm.... in other words, the Auto-Forward time ... which should be for auto-text-advance (and separate from skip, frankly... which if settable, normally has it's own "Skip Speed" setting...) ---- is being used as the speed setting for SKIP? .... oh man.... might have to get my hands dirty if that's really true here.

Eunoian

Artist & Writer
Donor
Jul 15, 2018
CTRL is for "skip" right? .... not auto-advance (i.e. normally auto-forward is a comfortable, reading-speed auto-text feature so you don't have to click or press a key for every line of dialog. CTRL is ... correct me if I'm wrong... a fast-forward... to skip from .. like a save-point.. to some further place in the story... or just to skip a scene you don't want to see. I am talking about auto-advance. I thought it was working... but ... seems that I forgot to disconnect an external touchpad I was using earlier and had inadvertantly hit it.

So - no auto-text-advance? I know it's a RenPy feature... well... mm.... in other words, the Auto-Forward time ... which should be for auto-text-advance (and separate from skip, frankly... which if settable, normally has it's own "Skip Speed" setting...) ---- is being used as the speed setting for SKIP? .... oh man.... might have to get my hands dirty if that's really true here.
Yeah, ctrl is for skipping, and the skip speed doesn't change. It's full-on at all times, I believe. I didn't realize that the auto-forward time doesn't have a toggle. I just checked, and I couldn't find it either. I never actually use it, so I just assumed it was there. My apologies. Text speed seems to be working fine, but the auto-forward has no effect. I'm honestly not sure.

Aprilia1k

Jul 7, 2017
Yeah, ctrl is for skipping, and the skip speed doesn't change. It's full-on at all times, I believe. I didn't realize that the auto-forward time doesn't have a toggle. I just checked, and I couldn't find it either. I never actually use it, so I just assumed it was there. My apologies. Text speed seems to be working fine, but the auto-forward has no effect. I'm honestly not sure.
Thanks for the sanity-check, greatly appreciated. I'm... a little confused because there are great features here - like an expanding save buffer... i.e. it appears that the game's got dynamically-generated save screens, such that you can have infinite number of saves - an advanced feature that a ton of games should have and don't. I'm .. tempted to check under the hood a bit.. though I should shut up about that for now, heh. THANKS again, :)

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Thanks for the sanity-check, greatly appreciated. I'm... a little confused because there are great features here - like an expanding save buffer... i.e. it appears that the game's got dynamically-generated save screens, such that you can have infinite number of saves - an advanced feature that a ton of games should have and don't. I'm .. tempted to check under the hood a bit.. though I should shut up about that for now, heh. THANKS again, :)
Infinite save slots, rollback, skip, hide interface, screenshot, variable text speed (I always prefer instant text because it's better to read, which also makes auto advance redundant), dev console, variable viewer etc etc
It's pretty much what a standard Ren'Py game has, no special features at all :winkytongue:

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes