VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Melody [v1.00 Extras] [MrDots Games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Xazz

I expected far more from their second game.There's alot reused assets,poses.
    You'd expect with the amount of money these guys make they'd improve/invest more to their the assets and their skill level.
    So here's my thought about the version 0.0.6:
    1. Assets,textures,models are reused from the previous game.
    2. Camera angles is the same and gets boring after awhile
    3. World seems empty,on the outside scenes there are no people other than you and the girl(except 1 scene but still).
    4. All characters other than Melody are bad,especially in 1 scene Beccas legs seems like a grannys legs,yikes.The freckle texture is soooo low def as is a dozen more assets.
    5. Animations are improved by a tiny bit but still meh
    6. Characters wear a lot more different clothes than the 1st game which is kinda nice.
    7. The only strong point of this game its it story,there are alot different outcomes.
    My final thought leaving this is that this game is very highly overrated.
    I still like this game but im very dissapointed.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Shagbot

Great game that I look forward to coming out, but the choices are sometimes totally random (song 1 or song 2? pik one of three meals), that lead to you missing out on key events or losing points for no reason. It could do with more plot based and informed choices, so you have an idea where your choices will lead to.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

dacris69

Lots of things seem artificial about this game; the writing quickly gets annoying especially due to the fact the MC is a wimp, specialy in his monologues. There are some interesting events in the game and enjoyable as well, but sometimes the scenes get lenghty with worthless dialogues.

The girl personalities are ok in most part, renders are ok as well, but most of them look like dolls; also animations suck.

It may get better in the future, at the moment (0.6 release), its way too slow paced.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

xymander

Before I began this game I thought it was just another case of Patreon stifling another artist with their ridiculous rules. I have seen many one hit wonder creators, who once was forced to make new content under new rules, their ability went to crap. But I have to say MrDots is not one of these creators. When Patreon forced him to stop using their service to gain support for DMD, many of us felt lost. But then Melody came out. I went in not expecting it to be at the same level as DMD, but I was surprised. MrDots captured lightening a second time with this game. The writing is very well done, with the characters feeling extremely down to earth. While yes is has some adult scenes is journeys beyond that. It speaks to the old homage, it is darkest before the dawn. And dawn it did, in this musically themed story about love, loss, and the will to find your own happiness, no matter the distance. There are many shout outs to famous artists and bands with a parody twist. But even if music isn't your thing, any time you invest in this game is worth it. Just remember everything happens for a reason. In summary, definitely a 5 out of 5 stars for another MrDots masterpiece.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

toolkitxx

I really tried to give this a try in the hopes he had developed a new style but was deeply unsatisfied.

MrDots starts to become the figurehead for underaged characters with no backbone at all and forces the player into a constantly whining and self-doubting main character who challenges his own decisions over and over again. Dating my daughter was getting on my nerves with that after the first few days and Melody proves to be an exact copy of the same gruesome style.

Nice DAZ setups can not overcome a really badly constructed storyline thus my really low rating.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

carter111

unless you're into some really weird s*** this is probably the best game on this site, one that actually deserves to be supported on patreon imo

for starters the 3D models are terrific, the story is also amazingly well written and not just "blablabla *sex scene* blablabla *sex scene*" and new episodes have actual content in them.. not just 20 more minutes of game-play like many other games.

the dev has done insanely well so far.. i don't think i've played many games including AAA sfw titles where i did not find any aspect that could have been better... this is the "The Witcher 3" of NSFW games

10/10
  7. 5.00 star(s)

BeastMaster59

My Ratings for Melody [v0.0.6] :

Pros:
    -This update has a great game playing length.
    -The renders reminds me of Dating my Daughter
    -The Sex scenes are nice
    -Never know what happens next

Cons:
    Could use a little more interaction with the other characters

Overall a very nice update, that takes more then just a couple of minutes to play, compared to other updates that are posted here.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

SweetJesus

It is a great game, but i am starting to get bored of Melody.
    I am even more interestet whats going to happen next with the Asian Girl than Melody.
    I hope for more content with Rebecca and Amy, but right now about 80% of the content right now is about Melody.
    So i am still going to give it a try, but the way it looks after the last releases i am going to drop after the next release.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

tuShua

From the early days of this game, i must admit, i've never thought it would turn out to be this good. I'm enjoying it and it never failed to impress me.

Good story-line so far. Actually no, good is too much of an understatement. It should be "unique" from that to the over-all game. Well done to the team behind this wonderful piece of art.
  10. L
    5.00 star(s)

lavenderJayde

Good storyline, integrates actual music info and references which are fun and extra. Great renderings we’ve come to appreciate from Mr. Dots. Less of a slow burn than DMD but still on that delayed gratification tip. Really well done.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Karl Smith

The game has high quality, Mr. points have many possibilities for new expansions, the story of the game allows the addition and new characters for future and has beautiful girls, with many details that bring more truth mainly the skin and features of each one of them
  12. 5.00 star(s)

seraph1995

Really do love this game Been supporting it since he started this project. DmD was interesting and at first i i was unsure about this. But now i enjoy it much more then DmD. Love the models in this game especially Melody. The story is also fairly interesting. The quality is also pretty good.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Kayzee12

what can i say, Im in love with melody. I love absolutely everything about her...The character progression is beautifully done. the renders are amazing, the story is amazing...Mr. Dots has done an amazing job on this one.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Enyos

Excellent story. The relationships between all characters gets written in and explained very well. The music is amazing and the renders and animations are top notch. The progressive build up of the main relationship is more realistic than most VN's. I really appreciate being able to see what the others think as well, so it's not just the kindly MC's inner dialogue. I would recommend this long story to anyone who appreciates good writing.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

TalesOfThatGame

Although the writing at times makes me scratch my head. It is quickly overcome by the fantastic job done on Melody. There is some good writing that caries across a lot of emotion, and that alone for my tastes deserves a 5*
  16. 1.00 star(s)

VNON

well, let me try this again
    i doesn't like this game, because of how devs choice of gameplay

it's giving you a choice, i believe it's for stopping you to skipping the game, i'm okay with that, many devs do that, and many devs, don't do that to.

it's just single choice, and more intens while we are in hot scenes,
    example, like "kiss her" ... "remove your pant" .. "touch her" .. etc.

what i mean is, this is just feel like a linear / kinetic game, but devs make its like have multiple choice game, its have multiple choice, but its single story but devs separate it by making its as a choice. thats a fake right? :D

maybe putting tag linear or kinetic ?
  17. 5.00 star(s)

JaxXxon

This is probably one of the best games of it's kind that is around. It tells a nice and interesting story without the unnecessary incest stuff. The MC is very likeable and while the main plot is a great but slowly progressing relationship story with name giving Melody the game isn't short of some very nice sexy scenes. The characters are all very nicely done and really hot.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

zappa2005

Great visual novel, love the story building and how it unfolds. The rendering of the characters is quite natural but the could be a better work with shadows. The pace of the VN is quite slow (bi-monthly episodes), but that is because the author is working on DMD in parallel.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

paulmall

well... i gotta say i really liked this game.
    the thing is, the creator of this game is the same one that did dating my daughter. So the guy knows how to make dialoges.But the thing about this story that is most captivating is how related are the caracters especialy for me because of art. I can't wait to see more of this story
  20. 4.00 star(s)

NovusPeregrine

An excellent game with a high production value (as Renpy games go at least. My sole issue with it is that virtually all the side-relationships are more interesting than the core relationship of the game...which you currently can't make much meaningful progress on anyway. I'd have much rather seen a game featuring the other main options (Amy, Izzy, or Rebecca) as all have more fully-formed personalities...and actually adult content...