4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

Lorric17

May 25, 2017
Crapy, i reinstalled all my computer, and i had to erase my disk, where ALL my games were... Well not a life problem, but i totally forget the name of this little program you can use on Ren'py game, to allow you to Open the console, skip the text ect... Someone can help?

Reactions: LokiTime

Landerk

May 20, 2018
I, too, had a similar issue. I opened the new version and immediately got a Rollback error AND after clicking "Ignore" none of my saves were present, my relationship status reverted back to the beginning, and the game forgot my name.

This worked for me- hopefully it fixes your problem as well. I re-DL'd another new version of game and renamed it (I just put a capital "B" at the end of the original file name) and unzipped it. I opened up the new folder and clicked the .exe and the game worked fine- at least most of my saves, my relationship status, and my name showed up this time- BUT all of my progress was reset to the morning when Rebecca wakes up after she kisses you and you meet her at the dumpster. All of my saves past that for the previous version were mysteriously missing. So, I did have to re-play all those sections up until the update, but I didn't seem to have any other issues after that. You can try giving this a shot and I wish you luck. :)

Is it just me OR does Melody seem to get more and more gorgeous with each update? The little eyeroll, raised eyebrow, half smirk expression kills me- if she was biting her bottom lip at the same time- I'd probably lose it. Lol
Sophia is pretty adoable, er- I mean, adorable too...

Thank you Safetydummy, Yea I still can't load my latest save, from just 1 click away from the ending of 03, but if you recall the dream, in Week 4, when you choose the girl you're meant to be with, I had a save right there that loads up now.

I agree Melody does seem to get prettier, I was really happy to see Sophie, I think she's really cute.

Reactions: Safetydummy

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Actually he said, "
Hi guys!

Stay tuned here at mrdotsgames.com for news and information about the release date for DMD v19, which will be posted up at the end of July."

Only saying that information about the release date will be posted at the end of July, not that the game would be updated.
Shit, you're completely right and I missed that. Hm... that's a buzzkill. Thanks for letting me know, though.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Ok well, after seeing praise after praise after praise for days I caved and very quickly played through Melody until it said "that's all folks".

First pleasant surprise is there is actually sex in this. Pretty early on, too, and regularly after. And it looks amazing.funnily enough none of it is with the main girl, just like DMD, because why fix what's infuriating. Unlike DMD, though, which pretty had me caring only about one character I find myself liking more or less all of them here. In fact, I think Melody ironically is the least "attractive" girl to me. The MC is still a plank of wood with a penis but that's kind of common in these things.

Overall, I'm impressed. And I think Rebecca might just be the best 'nerdy girl next door' in all of h game-dom. Which is cool.

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Ok well, after seeing praise after praise after praise for days I caved and very quickly played through Melody until it said "that's all folks".

First pleasant surprise is there is actually sex in this. Pretty early on, too, and regularly after. And it looks amazing.funnily enough none of it is with the main girl, just like DMD, because why fix what's infuriating. Unlike DMD, though, which pretty had me caring only about one character I find myself liking more or less all of them here. In fact, I think Melody ironically is the least "attractive" girl to me. The MC is still a plank of wood with a penis but that's kind of common in these things.

Overall, I'm impressed. And I think Rebecca might just be the best 'nerdy girl next door' in all of h game-dom. Which is cool.
I like them all too. For me, Melody is a close second... it's a tie between her and Izzy, actually. Tell me she didn't look absolutely amazing in that dress this episode, though? First on my list is her little friend, Sophia was it? God, she's fucking amazing. Praying we get to tap that. Third is Amy. Fourth Rebecca. They're all mouth-watering, though.

Regarding what you said about having to wait to get with the main girl... I view that as a positive, personally. I really like that about Mr.Dots games, and the way he builds up to it through flirtation and foreplay. It leaves something to be desired, and much to the imagination- something I think far too many of these games are lacking.

Also, I think it'd make for a pretty bland story if you were just like... in a relationship. "Getting the girl" seems to be the climax of his games, which is pretty cool imo. Then again, the direction Acting Lessons has taken where you're more or less in a relationship early on, but not taking things too fast is also working really well.

In fact, I'm a little conflicted, but I think THAT may be the best game on this entire website. Which is saying something because I was genuinely depressed when I reached the end of DMD, my obsession. For about 3 days. That's actually how I found out about F95Zone and all of these other games, as I was seeking something to fill that "void." It felt like watching the Starks get slaughtered all over again.

I hope Izzy shows up again and not just at the end of the game.

This update left it looking like she only will return as an ending which MC accepts the brother job.
I hope so too. This episode made me like her a lot more.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Regarding what you said about having to wait to get with the main girl... I view that as a positive, personally. I really like that about Mr.Dots games, and the way he builds up to it through flirtation and foreplay. It leaves something to be desired, and much to the imagination- something I think far too many of these games are lacking.

Also, I think it'd make for a pretty bland story if you were just like... in a relationship. "Getting the girl" seems to be the climax of his games, which is pretty cool imo. Then again, the direction Acting Lessons has taken where you're more or less in a relationship early on, but not taking things too fast is also working really well.
I wholeheartedly disagree. It does not work well in either game for different reasons. In DMD the whole buildup with D doesn't work because it takes way too fucking long and there's never any payoff to anything. It just feels like running after a moving goalpost.

In Melody the buildup doesn't work because I already went on 2 or 3 dates with rebecca and had sex with her... without penetration but still (and Izzie goes way farther than that with you as well). If that's supposed to be the "end goal", then there you go, I got there. But I also disagree that there shouldn't be anything more to look forward to after you "get the girl". That's just the beginning for me. Melody just doesn't feel worth pursuing especially since she's by far the character I like the least.

uodenim

Nov 2, 2017
Mr dots is the best. I liked DMD although I found it too be a tad cringy at times, perhaps due to the father-daughter setting. Melody, however, I absolutely love and made me jump the pledge train, since I cannot wait for each update. I hope we're in for a long ride!

yellomit

Jul 24, 2017
Gonna focus on Melody, Rebecca, and maybe Izzy when she comes back. Amy is cool and all, but I don't overly have that much interest in her. And Sophia is okay, but again, not overly interesting.

Melody is my main girl (of course).

But yeah, MrDots is amazing.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
I have no idea how to "translate" what the versions mean. I know it was 0.3 and now we've added an extra 0 for 0.0.4.

Also I could have sworn there was going to be ONE update for July and one for August too. So yeah I'm officially confused.

EDIT: Ok I stand corrected on the version thing. It was actually 0.03 which I assume would be the same as 0.0.3 (now 0.0.4)

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
this game just keeps getting better and better. as i said before,it's impossible to reject any of the girls,for me atleast
Love the progression with Melody,she surely is becoming my favourite character overall. I liked the way she reacted when she got in MC's apartment,and that ending caught me totally unprepared,it was really nice scene.
Can't wait for more

U

User_633486

good update but several bugs and a few looped/missing scenes for me

U

User_633486

nice to finally get to play with amy too hopefully we can go all the way with her in the next update and also play a lot more with melody

wish melody's nips were darker too

Cervantes123

Jul 11, 2017
Is it a bug that I can't say no to the lunch with Amy? I want to go to the cinema with melody but the game automatically say yes to the lunch with amy ;v

VonRaschke

Aug 11, 2016
I like this game but it's beginning to bug me that Melody and Amy always have so much makeup on, especially compared to the other girls. They look like Kim Cattrall at the end of Big Trouble in Little China.

Reactions: Whiplash3sog

Les_Riggs

Oct 19, 2017
I tell you what has made "Melody" a fan favorite on this site.

Even though Melody is the main female lead and she's ultimately going to be the hardest one to attain (which to me makes complete sense with games like this), it's also how many of you, going by the comments over the last few pages, love the other characters and have made them your favorite over Melody. (Izzy is my fave, a real knockout!)

That's a pretty rare thing and each of the female characters have their own identity, they aren't similar to each other in anyway (even Melody and her aunt are completely different), and there's something or someone for everyone who is a fan of this devs work. Something that was possibly lacking in DMD.

However, as that was his first game, it's somewhat understandable.
The preparation and direction upon these early stages of Melody shows not only how different the two games are, but also what he and his team have learnt from making DMD, and man have they improved in a lot of areas.

Still, I prefer DMD, but I do feel that Melody is showing greater potential than it's predecessor.

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes