4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
Yeah, I keep expecting it, while at the same time, hoping it never comes. I was playing with a similar one (Acting Lessons), and got tired of it, because it kept trying to make me feel guilty for wanting to bang all of them.
I didn't play the game you mentioned, but i actually prefer when manwhoring isn't treated lightly. I'm still to find a western game that pulls "School Days" level shit for trying to be a player. :evilsmile:
It's only unrealistic, because people are weird, if everyone is happy, that is all that matters. XD
Hah, yeah. I can see that, and i can enjoy a happy weird scenario as well, as long as it doesn't kill the game's logic and structure. XD

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I didn't play the game you mentioned, but i actually prefer when manwhoring isn't treated lightly. I'm still to find a western game that pulls "School Days" level shit for trying to be a player. :evilsmile:

Hah, yeah. I can see that, and i can enjoy a happy weird scenario as well, as long as it doesn't kill the game's logic and structure. XD
Acting Lessons is a good VN, I just don't get off on being made to feel guilty and it hit me wrong, just like I don't like when a game/show spends most of its time dumping on the MC. That can be done well, but if it goes passed a point it's annoying, or even painful to watch.

I just don't grasp jealousy, the concept is incredibly foreign to me, envy I get but not jealousy. While bad ends are good for a game, they are not good fap material for me. XD There is a fine line between the two, but I suppose it depends on what you are going for.

I was discussing this the other week with some people, for me, I prefer the replayability to stem from having different paths with each character (like love, domination, etc.), rather than having to pick one girl at a time. I am greedy, I want every attractive woman in a game for myself, no matter what the logic behind it might be. :evilsmile:

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
I was discussing this the other week with some people, for me, I prefer the replayability to stem from having different paths with each character (like love, domination, etc.), rather than having to pick one girl at a time. I am greedy, I want every attractive woman in a game for myself, no matter what the logic behind it might be. :evilsmile:
I like both actually, dating sims/galge and trainers/raising sims, but when i play each one, i go with different intentions (you just said one of them). It's just that this game seems to be (imo) more similar to the dating sim/galge genres, because so far the only results of interacting with the girls were increasing/decreasing of RPs and change of a few events. Also, you can't change their behaviour/morality, like in trainers/raising sims.
Till now the game is looking like the prologue of a galge. Ya know, that stage where you're still meeting the girls and interacting with them, till the point you have to make a few decisive choices (even the MC thinks he will have to "choose one" at some point). These are just my thoughts ofc. I'm curious to see where it goes. :)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I like both actually, dating sims/galge and trainers/raising sims, but when i play each one, i go with different intentions (you just said one of them). It's just that this game seems to be (imo) more similar to the dating sim/galge genres, because so far the only results of interacting with the girls were increasing/decreasing of RPs and change of a few events. Also, you can't change their behaviour/morality, like in trainers/raising sims.
Till now the game is looking like the prologue of galge. Ya know, that stage where you're still meeting the girls and interacting with them, till the point you have to make a few decisive choices (even the MC thinks he will have to choose one at some point). These are just my thoughts ofc. I'm curious to see where it goes. :)
No doubt, for the most part this strikes me as a classic VN style, not a trainer, that said, one of the things I have liked about the western entries in the genre, was that most of them do not require you to go through each girl's route before you can unlock the harem route. Which is really the only difference between these and the more typical, Japanese, entries, which generally all have a harem route too, you just have to unlock it by playing the rest of them first. The main reason this bothers me, is because on top of being lazy, there is almost always a character (loli) that I want nothing to do with, but to get the harem route, I have to not only complete their route, but also include them in the group. Whereas with these newer style ones, you can pick and choose who you want, and ignore the ones you don't.

Reactions: mesoru

TheGoldenRim

May 24, 2017
More and more i'm sure i must have some sort of "contrarian" mentality when it comes to games like this...
See, when i go into dating sims or romance vns with a title that screams "True Heroine", something triggers inside me XD. Same goes for this one.

Let me see the heroines cast:
- Becca: hot; redhead; glasses; shy (but can be naughty); i must root for the (cute) underdog; probably the most stable option for the mc.
- Izzy: hot, proactive, sexy brunnete firecracker; unpredictable option for the mc (would take as a mistress tho).
- Amy: hot; me like older ladies; kind; refined; too much make up tho; good option for the mc, but work could be a barrier.
- Melody: hot; high compatibility (similarity of tastes, backstory and all that shit); not a stable option for the mc, and i honestly don't see her much as a LI (yet); brat side (i feel for the chinese chick and melody stepfather, just a little for the latter tho, because i know how it feels when a brat damages your car :'().

However to be fair, if the game wasn't called Melody and she wasn't the only one with evident RP, i'd probably like her more, so there is that. But, like i said, the contrarian mental state must prompt me to be more interested in the side girls. It's one of the reasons why i think this game kinda fails as a romance vn. The true heroine concept is never good for them, because it annoys haremfags and waifufags.

Anyway, i'm probably writing all this in vain, because the harem wheel in this game seems to never stop spinning. Whenever it seems like the relationship with one girl will push forward.... is instantly pushed back by an unexpected (forced) event, and the girl must stay away for a long time, while the mc keeps harem building :idontcare:. I wish it was possible to focus on just one girl and ignore the others like the games i'm used to, but that's probably something that will be impossible for a long time, given that this a patreon project, Melody lessons will last for an eternity, or i eventually will have to face the fact that this is just a harem game.

Inb4 anyone asks: i never played DmD, and probably won't. :p
Well, luckily for us it's just games xD

ranma100

Oct 23, 2017
This will be a great update I can feel it in my bones. First my Becca is back , second Melody is with Sophia ( 3 way fantasy ) and there will be a shit load more content ( drooling ). Ok fellas just wait 2 more days, and keep your pants on please LOL.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
I love the use of zulu/gmt to specify time. It's totally without ambiguity.
GMT is a standard time zone, it is Greenwitch Mean Time, and it is the time zone that has been set as the ZERO point. everyhting moves from there. Eastern time is GMT +4 or +5 depending on the status of daylight savings time. Zulu is the military term for GMT so it is not without ambiguity what so ever. BTW GMT is in England and the latitude that makes up GMT bisects the town of Greenwitch there

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
GMT is a standard time zone, it is Greenwitch Mean Time, and it is the time zone that has been set as the ZERO point. everyhting moves from there. Eastern time is GMT +4 or +5 depending on the status of daylight savings time. Zulu is the military term for GMT so it is not without ambiguity what so ever. BTW GMT is in England and the latitude that makes up GMT bisects the town of Greenwitch there
GMT is also just an alternative name for UTC - Universal Coordinated Time

Actually GMT as the mean solar time at 0° longitude is less accurate (upto 0.9 seconds) than UTC and it's recommended to use UTC in navigation to be technically accurate.

/Being a wikismart(ass) here

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
GMT is also just an alternative name for UTC - Universal Coordinated Time

Actually GMT as the mean solar time at 0° longitude is less accurate (upto 0.9 seconds) than UTC and it's recommended to use UTC in navigation to be technically accurate.

/Being a wikismart(ass) here
NOW NOW Mole... you know that Greenwich (I may be mispelling either before or now... i'm horrible i know it!) is split by the 0 degree line... (I hate the difference between latitude and longitude.. lol and yes UTC is another term for GMT and Zulu :p heheh so we are waiting till some time. UTC actually is a later idea than GMT :p

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
I used to have a chart for all that Zulu shit ,for what time in Eastern time Zone in U.S. but I don't give a fuck as long as it's Friday!!!!!:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
NOW NOW Mole... you know that Greenwich (I may be mispelling either before or now... i'm horrible i know it!) is split by the 0 degree line... (I hate the difference between latitude and longitude.. lol and yes UTC is another term for GMT and Zulu :p heheh so we are waiting till some time. UTC actually is a later idea than GMT :p
So, what was wrong about what I said? Or what the Wikipedia says? :rolleyes:
GMT is an older standard that is defined by an astronomical event. Those just aren't accurate enough for modern tech. Just like the old etalon of a metre isn't accurate enough and modern standard is defined by a more accurate measurable lenght than a certain "stick in a box" somewhere secure. :biggrin:
UTC, while based on the old GMT, is a fixed standard time, measured by atomic clocks. It isn't "floating around" as the Earth's rotation speed is.

All your smart gadgets are keeping their clocks synced with UTC time, not GMT.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
...but, I thought Penfold was a hamster. DM has some explaining to do!

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes