4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Some have presumed this to be a fictionalized version of the U.S. (especially when considering the use of 'Back to the Future' settings). But this version includes a visit to a seafood place which offers 'Doughnutistan bay bugs'.
This seemed vaguely familiar to me (Chesapeake bay?), so I looked it up. Not a reference to the U.S. after all. A Moreton Bay Bug is a type of lobster found in Australia, and is called that by Aussies.
As a native to US, I had to figure out serviette from context. Never heard it before in my life.
Serviette is the normal term for a napkin in Australia (and apparently Britain, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa), which might support your theory.

Reactions: PeteHanson

paladin07

May 28, 2017
Check your AV. A handful of them keep false-detecting Ren'Py executables as malware. They either block it from running or remove executables, often without telling the user anything about it. Check the logs of your AV, add game folders to AV exceptions.
Found it in the list of "malware" the AV defender proudly claims to have prevented opening! Used an AVG maintenance program to turn it off (will turn it back on when done playing), because it doesn't seem to offer me access to a whitelist function. Thanks!

Peter ANderson

Jul 29, 2018
Well Serviette is french wich means napkin
btw some of my saved game trigger an error so i need load 1 of my early save but np still manage end up with 125 points so i guess you cant hit 150 in this update or can i ?

Psych0_

Oct 5, 2017
Don't worry. English is my native tongue and I had to figure out "serviette" from the context.
yeah, man, i googled it after some time. english has a fetish with french words, wtf.

As a native to US, I had to figure out serviette from context. Never heard it before in my life. Diaphanous, I've seen tons of times so I knew it right away. Don't think I've ever said it out loud though.
I just tought to myself why in hell would any kind of girl talk in a lingerie shop would have diaphanous said. And i also googled it, cause i ain't got no time to think about difficult words lol

As i said before, Mrdots always has payed good attention to details, but this last updates seem a bit off. but i guess it is nothing to worry about, i'm just a little obsessed with the details as i'm on the process of writing my own script for a game. But by all means, Mrdots' games are excellent and if i wasn't a broke college student i would pledge to his patreon lol

Also, i'm a singer/musician, and this game pretty much hit it home for me. But something is wrong with that sharp records guys if he just get interested in melody if she sings a pop song cover. The way the industry is right now, indie and alternative artists are getting more chances than the pop nobodys. Nowadays if you're not disney or nickelodeon famous you're not going to get signed lol

Reactions: Enyos

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
i'm waiting for new update <3
You'll be waiting at least another 8 weeks unfortunately mate... v0.0.6 has only just been released & according to the dev, the next release is DMD at the end of November. Then Melody will have updates in January & February before another DMD update in March...

I hope this explanation helps!! (even though I agree - I can't wait for the next Melody update as well!!!!)

Reactions: PeteHanson

Davisow

Sep 27, 2018
Good morning everyone, at what time I heard about this great forum and these great artists or game creators, I can tell you that they have me hooked on 10 games, are great for arguments and for their graphics :heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes:

1º Note, I'm looking for the 6 guides of the game, to do it from the beginning and I have only found from 1 to 3 and 5 to 6, the guide of chapter 4 tells me that it is the guide of chapter 3, if someone did not know, I say so if you have to follow these guidelines or are others, because I would like to start from 0 history has me hooked. :coldsweat::coldsweat:

2º Note, You can start from 0 the story or you have to go chapter by chapter, otherwise it is a rollo. :coldsweat::coldsweat:

3º Note, there are photos that I have seen in the forum that I have not seen while playing, I do not know if it is necessary to follow a guideline or is an extra, which gives us the creator of the Game :coldsweat::coldsweat:

Congratulations to MrDots Games , for this game called Melody and for that of DMD, has me super in love too :heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes:.

A hug for them, a kiss for them, that you pass a Happy Tuesday, we do not read

Reactions: UncleVT

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
regarding #3, dot sometimes releases extra renders that dont necessarily go into the game.

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Not sure the person is actually aware but the songs in the previous version were youtube vids by someone called jess greenberg

• Facebook:
    • Youtube:
    • Twitter: @JessGreenberg9
    • Instagram:
Now that you mention it... it actually kind of looks like he based Melody's facial features on this girl's. The lips, the eyes, the nose, the hair color, and the eyebrows are strikingly similar. The only difference would be the skin color, age, and face shape (Melody's in more narrow and shorter). Is Mr. Dots trying to tell us that he's in love?

k83316

Aug 7, 2017
I agree with all you said, except for me Izzy doesn't do it for me, although she is attractive and damn hot (is that a contradiction???) .
Na, its not. I think, even an very unattractive woman can be hot as hell, and even the prettiest girl can be.... so.... "just" pretty, but totally boring and unhot. A good example is (ok, i am german, so this is a german girl, but im a sure you know her) Claudia Schiffer. I think she is (was ;-) ) an 10/10 beautiful woman, but hot? NO! Never! And the next is Kate Winslet. She is just a 5/10, but damn hot (for me).

So, you see, no contradiction. ;-)

Reactions: JonasSnr

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
Now that you mention it... it actually kind of looks like he based Melody's facial features on this girl's. The lips, the eyes, the nose, the hair color, and the eyebrows are strikingly similar. The only difference would be the skin color, age, and face shape (Melody's in more narrow and shorter). Is Mr. Dots trying to tell us that he's in love?
I wish you hadn't said this because..... It made me too curious. I clicked the video. Then I saw her instragram listed. So I went and scrolled down through her pictures (She looks even more like Melody than in the video, especially her figure) and I see one of her standing with...I'll call them "Aunt Amy" and "Sophia" and now I'm a little creeped out.

Johnny-Doe

Lola's Daddy™︎
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 12, 2018
I wish you hadn't said this because..... It made me too curious. I clicked the video. Then I saw her instragram listed. So I went and scrolled down through her pictures (She looks even more like Melody than in the video, especially her figure) and I see one of her standing with...I'll call them "Aunt Amy" and "Sophia" and now I'm a little creeped out.
That is...cool i guess,do we know if Jess knows about her alter ego aka Melody?

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Haha, Mr. Dots is fucking straight up making games from the inside of her crawlspace. I assume his plan is to impregnate her, then later start dating their daughter.

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes