4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

Psych0_

Oct 5, 2017
I wish you hadn't said this because..... It made me too curious. I clicked the video. Then I saw her instragram listed. So I went and scrolled down through her pictures (She looks even more like Melody than in the video, especially her figure) and I see one of her standing with...I'll call them "Aunt Amy" and "Sophia" and now I'm a little creeped out.
I went and did the same, and im like, wtf '-'

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Just wanted to throw out an interesting tidbit. Fans of this developer's games may recognize his use of 'Doughnutistan' as his fictional country setting.
Some have presumed this to be a fictionalized version of the U.S. (especially when considering the use of 'Back to the Future' settings). But this version includes a visit to a seafood place which offers 'Doughnutistan bay bugs'.
This seemed vaguely familiar to me (Chesapeake bay?), so I looked it up. Not a reference to the U.S. after all. A Moreton Bay Bug is a type of lobster found in Australia, and is called that by Aussies.

I understand that some people have deciphered where the developer is from. Does this hint line up at all? Or am I completely off base with this information and the 'Doughnutistan bay bug' reference?
Serviette is the normal term for a napkin in Australia (and apparently Britain, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa), which might support your theory.
Considering how easy it is to google these things and add them in, it's probably best to stay away from the conspiracy theories. Using your logic, if MrDots really were Australian he would've used the English "Mum" rather than "Mom" similar to the Erosion team and other devs out there.

Point is any writer with some knowledge of the world can easily put in cultural references based on their own research or places they've been and use that as inspiration. That doesn't necessarily mean they're of that origin.

Reactions: Enyos

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Are there any Console commands to raise the points? :p
If you follow the walkthrough that's in the OP, there's not a real need to go into console to add points. I don't remember if there's any commands in console though.

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
If you follow the walkthrough that's in the OP, there's not a real need to go into console to add points. I don't remember if there's any commands in console though.
Well, it's Renpy, so yeah there are tons of variables that can be changed. I would suggest to not do that though as it may very well screw up ones save...

xfam0us

Mar 23, 2018
Its ok, i was just curious to test if i had done something wrong to see if the answers would differ. i ended v06 with 105 points so i guess its fine:p

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Its ok, i was just curious to test if i had done something wrong to see if the answers would differ. i ended v06 with 105 points so i guess its fine:p
The script differs depending on the path you've taken rather than points. As @Robert Johannesson said it's best not to use the console to try and add points just in case you corrupt a save. Better just to go through a second walkthrough and skip all the text.

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
If you follow the walk through and deny the other girls (aside from Fi) you'll end up with 137 at the end. I think I was somewhere around where you are with a few of the other girls routes open on my first play through. :)

Reactions: Walg

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
If you follow the walk through and deny the other girls (aside from Fi) you'll end up with 137 at the end. I think I was somewhere around where you are with a few of the other girls routes open on my first play through. :)
Shhhh. You can still get around that point total and have your fun too if you want

Reactions: GC Studly and Enyos

Osso

Apr 30, 2017
I have to write it ..:p
I was reluctant to spend time in this Game ( called melody o_O), but finally I ended up giving it a chance and finishe up now at V0.06 and BANG ... it's just phenomenal, one of the my preferred games right now ..,
very well done with creativity and with a soft touch of softcore or depending on the choice shoot for hardcore in brief moments and always leaving "mouth water" for the next moment...
Not wanting to dwell on the comment, I really recommend MELODY (music for those who like it:cool::cool:)

Yennefer

Feb 7, 2018
Just had my first playthrough and oh boy is this Game fantastic !
Tbh I wish there was or will be a route for melody where u could be a Father figure for her in no sexual way because she's to cute man
Definitly my favourite of the girls is Becca :heartcoveredeyes:
I just have to become a Patron supporter of this Game now

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
well..just answer wrong all the time and never progress to other stages and you wont get to woo Melody and can go all out on the others without feeling bad :p

MrBree

Jun 9, 2017
Considering how easy it is to google these things and add them in, it's probably best to stay away from the conspiracy theories. Using your logic, if MrDots really were Australian he would've used the English "Mum" rather than "Mom" similar to the Erosion team and other devs out there.

Point is any writer with some knowledge of the world can easily put in cultural references based on their own research or places they've been and use that as inspiration. That doesn't necessarily mean they're of that origin.
Actually, I was implying the possibility of two different scenarios based on that information. It could mean the cultural viewpoint of the developer as you implied, but it also could be information as to what country the fictionalized 'Doughnutistan' is based on.. which is what I was pointing to the most. Note: Doughnut itself is British (international) English spelling. (As opposed to the American spelling of donut. ) That falls in line with the additional use of serviette.

I'm personally of the theory that MrDots is mixing that up to further fictionalize the location, but I did want to mention it to at least poke holes in the idea that Doughnutistan is the U.S.

emmasteadman

Aug 6, 2017
Pretty cool to play this from the start, lots of content and quality work too.

What is the maximum possible score as of this version 0.7, I got around 124 I think?

Reactions: CapnBlaze

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017

It’s a Hearsz thing - he’s either from Australia or New Zealand. Or back and forth to both. He has been writing with American vernacular - but some times gets messed up. Lol

Reactions: fried
4.50 star(s) 280 Votes