4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

Kypo

Aug 18, 2018

Saves
Maybe u need this. All scenes. mb u forget some details and dont want start new game. Or u want another decision. All girls are open. Some saves have description. All others - Melody perfect/love/superstar path

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
From the last two update looks like Melody and Fi are getting more romantically involved.
If the game would be played with the MC rejecting Melody could she and Fi end up a couple?

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
Though Melody was-is one of my favorite games, i really find it difficult not to adress the repeatitive scenes regarding to how the plot is evolving.
I mean the " lets have breakfast - breakfast scene" lets have dinner - dinner scene. Then lets have dinner with X character, another dinner scene.

I believe that Dev should have already found a less boring way to evolve ingame time.

Apart from that, i didnt like this update. I found it really boring. I loved the Sophie-Melody scenes, but apart from that it was one of the most mediocre updates yet.

Nonetheless, the quality and look and feel still remains top.
Boreing and liked it.... Make up your'er mind

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
From the last two update looks like Melody and Fi are getting more romantically involved.
If the game would be played with the MC rejecting Melody could she and Fi end up a couple?
MC would never give up pussy licking chicks that are both hot for him. Plus there is no rejecting Melody. I'll stick with her and maybe have Amy and Mel. But if it comes down to Sophia. I think sumone be calling the cops.

Reactions: Enyos

juice0804

Aug 27, 2017
Greetings to all,

First off...great game! Been playing it since its inception. I ran into a snag when installing the new update v.6. It seems as though after installing it, I cannot load any of my game saves from before the update. Even current game saves are showing a red X in the upper right corner of the save spot. Can anyone help me out with this one?

I played it all the way through to week 5 and then saved it, but the red X is there and when I try to load it I get an error screen.

Thanks in advance

Juice

MajinMalkav

Apr 25, 2018
Greetings to all,

First off...great game! Been playing it since its inception. I ran into a snag when installing the new update v.6. It seems as though after installing it, I cannot load any of my game saves from before the update. Even current game saves are showing a red X in the upper right corner of the save spot. Can anyone help me out with this one?

I played it all the way through to week 5 and then saved it, but the red X is there and when I try to load it I get an error screen.

Thanks in advance

Juice
Same Problem, BUT: I had the Luck, to load my Savefile from Week 4, which works. But since Yesterday i decided to make a "New Game" and i must say, some things are really better than on Version 0.0.3 oder newer. Yeah, it may sucks, but to try a new Game instead loading a older Savefile is in my eyes a better opinion ;)

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Though Melody was-is one of my favorite games, i really find it difficult not to adress the repeatitive scenes regarding to how the plot is evolving.
I mean the " lets have breakfast - breakfast scene" lets have dinner - dinner scene. Then lets have dinner with X character, another dinner scene.

I believe that Dev should have already found a less boring way to evolve ingame time.

Apart from that, i didnt like this update. I found it really boring. I loved the Sophie-Melody scenes, but apart from that it was one of the most mediocre updates yet.

Nonetheless, the quality and look and feel still remains top.
Good point on the breakfast - dinner - et al issue. I’ll make it a point to suggest mixing it up.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Well, I think it's quite realistic. I, for instance, only go out with my friends and girlfriend to eat. :p
I agree.

At the same time, if there was intent for entertainment value on top of that, other means of growing their relationship could be explored, too. Going to clubs, the park, school party, the spa, movies, etc. were decent ideas before and this episode felt rather shut-in and pregnant . . . BUT, I felt that might be intentionally emphasizing the big changes in Melody's lifestyle that will happen when she moves out of her house, starts a new year of college and tries to land a job + gain more attention in the music performance circuit.

If this episode was intentially keeping events local and growth reserved for romance as setup for the explosion of new stuff being kicked off next episode, then I think it was time well spent: as you mention, this is common behavior in real life (especially for someone still clinging to the last few areas of stability and comfort in their daily lifestyle before massive change happens), but even moreso it's going to contrast with the stresses of those new challenges that will be happening and could open up the storylines in ways we can only guess, ongoing.

That is, we can easily see that her

college concentration +
budding music career +
need for a job +
home displacement +
MC's lack of an income +
the ex-wife's obsession +
Sophia's more bold advances +
Melody's past relationships more explicitly impacting her growing crush on the MC

have all been set up in this episode for potential conflicts and/or growth in future episodes. So, people feeling that not much happened in this past episode may have justifiably been looking for more overt actions, but I feel this episode was mostly the calm before the storm.

We saw lots of verbal interplay (in MrDots' now inimitable and formal-sounding character speaking styles, which I've come to find charming for his games) and concern between the main characters about these upcoming events with only the singing audition/performance and college registration to set them up, which might be forshadowing that there is going to be a greater concentration on her talents + career now that the formal lessons are over and school begins.

Reactions: PeteHanson

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Hm... so this is an episode review I didn't imagine I'd be writing.

First of all, overall, it was a nice update and much longer than I'd anticipated. Plenty of crucial advancement, some nice content, and as always the girls are gorgeous.

But for the last two episodes, something has just felt off. Stale, or bland if you will. And I think I'm starting to realize that the formal, somewhat robotic, and oh-so proper way that the characters speak to each other is one of the problems.

For the first few episodes, it actually kind of made sense. They were all getting to know each other, first impressions and whatnot. It's a common way to act. But it's starting to grow old. It makes the characters hard to relate to. It just doesn't feel very real or casual. Another problem I see is the lack of development. By this stage, we've learned a bit about all of the characters, but it seems that rather than building upon that and further developing their stories, it seems we've hit a stopping point, as if there wasn't anymore thought put into them beyond a general summary.

The thing about Dating My Daughter is we learn more and more about D as the story progresses, about her childhood, about her family, about her relationship with her mother, about her school life, her problems. Similarly, we learn more details about the MC. Why he acts the way he does. The messed up relationship he had. The way he sort of buried himself in his work to get past it all. Not to mention, he's a multidimensional and insanely interesting character. It really makes you feel attached to them. The characters in this story, however, are starting to feel a bit shallow and robotic. The MC in Melody is bordering on the most boring dude in the world.

The second and most important problem that I see is that there is almost too much repetitive focus on showcasing the characters of the story, but not so much in the way of variables that make the story interesting. I find myself waiting and waiting for something to happen. Yet we just keep getting more coffee dates, more date nights, and more sex scenes. I'm not complaining about the sex-scenes, mind you, but where's the buildup that make the scenes feel exhilarating like we had in DMD? Where's the risks? Where's the quest? Where's the surprise? Where's the critical choices? All of the things that make a story interesting seem to be missing here, and it's starting to feel like a daily life simulator. The key to a powerful story is for the main character to have a purpose, something he's striving for, and his risks and struggles along the way. Tough choices. Curve-balls.

Overall, this is still one of the best games on the platform and I'm reserving my judgment until the end. Perhaps these last couple updates were simply meant to be setup episodes and we wont be in stasis for much longer. If that is the case, than the next couple of updates are crucial and something intense is about to happen. But if this is the pacing we can expect for more or less the remainder of the game? That is worrying.

Either way, I look forward to the next updates and have faith in the devs.

VonRaschke

Aug 11, 2016
I've gone through a similar realisation over the past couple of updates. I really like the characters in this game but after playing each update as well as DMD I'm starting to see the formula of Mr Dots more and more. It hasn't gotten as bad as it got with Chaotic's games (mostly because Chaotic churned out the same game about 20 times in a row), but I really hope Mr Dots is capable of much more and once he finishes this and DMD that his third game goes in a different direction.

Reactions: PeteHanson and SrRK

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
The second and most important problem that I see is that there is almost too much repetitive focus on showcasing the characters of the story, but not so much in the way of variables that make the story interesting. I find myself waiting and waiting for something to happen. Yet we just keep getting more coffee dates, more date nights, and more sex scenes. I'm not complaining about the sex-scenes, mind you, but where's the buildup that make the scenes feel exhilarating like we had in DMD? Where's the risks? Where's the quest? Where's the surprise? Where's the critical choices? All of the things that make a story interesting seem to be missing here, and it's starting to feel like a daily life simulator. The key to a powerful story is for the main character to have a purpose, something he's striving for, and his risks and struggles along the way. Tough choices. Curve-balls.
I actually talked about much the same a post above, but in a more positive way, it seems: much as a prior commenter mentioned that mundane things in life are actually more realistic at times, it struck me that this episode was mostly setup and finding a way to avoid the dread for massive changes that MrDots has set up. At those times, people often cling to what they find comforting and easy until they have no choice and it all changes and/or gets replaced by looming unknowns.

For a typical game, I can easily accept the argument that we want more tension to help move things ahead in a thrilling or curious manner. This episode seemed more about set up for the main storylines to come with lots of "hopeful reluctance" to change being felt through Melody and the last chance to feel comfortable in day-to-day before real life intrudes, so if the next episode doesn't feel like a massive contrast with difficult-to-control impacts on her life, I'd be rather surprised and disappointed.

Reactions: SrRK and Les_Riggs

Nick Bruno

Oct 2, 2018
I don't play DMD but does anyone who does think it might end soon so we don;t have to wait so long for 3 hours of content

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
I don't play DMD but does anyone who does think it might end soon so we don;t have to wait so long for 3 hours of content
I think this game is only at, or just past, halfway completion. This guesstimate comes from the relationship counter for the main story line. The updates are quite large, so each one gives you plenty to work with and explore different routes/dialogue.

Edit: Sorry, thought you were talking about this game... wrong thread there sir. :p

Halfelf

Nov 23, 2017
no i dont think he is in the wrong thread. He is wanting DMD to end soon so he can get more Melody. and says he doesnt play DMD so i dont think he was in the wrong thread. He is just getting his hopes up that DMD is ending anytime soon and it isnt.

Nick Bruno

Oct 2, 2018
no i dont think he is in the wrong thread. He is wanting DMD to end soon so he can get more Melody. and says he doesnt play DMD so i dont think he was in the wrong thread. He is just getting his hopes up that DMD is ending anytime soon and it isnt.
I don't really want it to end its just i really want to play more of this game:confounded:

Reactions: Enyos
4.50 star(s) 280 Votes