4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

JDVT

Sep 23, 2018
In every game you make there should be a small bio explain about the characters name, age, etc. Including DMD

CapnBlaze

Jul 28, 2018
was just going to ask that :noexpression: damn i wish that was in the walkthrough bummer
On the other hand, I believe I remember reading that if you let her give you a handjob you get a penalty w Melody later on.

The game seems to have progressed to the point where there are now long term consequences to choosing to have intimate relations with some of the girls.

mrpringles

Apr 16, 2018
My saves dont work for some reason. I try to load them but it just throws me back to the main menu. any ideas how to fix this?

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
My saves dont work for some reason. I try to load them but it just throws me back to the main menu. any ideas how to fix this?
You have to use a save that is a bit older and replay a a few days. It looks like it varies from person to person.

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Actually, I was implying the possibility of two different scenarios based on that information. It could mean the cultural viewpoint of the developer as you implied, but it also could be information as to what country the fictionalized 'Doughnutistan' is based on.. which is what I was pointing to the most. Note: Doughnut itself is British (international) English spelling. (As opposed to the American spelling of donut. ) That falls in line with the additional use of serviette.

I'm personally of the theory that MrDots is mixing that up to further fictionalize the location, but I did want to mention it to at least poke holes in the idea that Doughnutistan is the U.S.
Gotcha and I was focused on the former which is what I thought you were implying rather than the double meaning. I never thought Doughnutistan was based on a single country but hey happy to be proven wrong.

It’s a Hearsz thing - he’s either from Australia or New Zealand. Or back and forth to both. He has been writing with American vernacular - but some times gets messed up. Lol
I'd say it's probably the latter which would probably offend both knowing their sporting histories.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You have to use a save that is a bit older and replay a a few days. It looks like it varies from person to person.
There's also a note in the OP saying your older saves might not work. There should be save file lying around somewhere though.

Reactions: Enyos

kikomascado

May 20, 2017
I'm so used to updates that offer just a few minutes of new content that I was surprised by how long it took me to finish it. Already looking forward for the next one!

At first I thought Amy was the prettiest girl of the game, but the more I played, the more I fell for Melody. She keeps getting more lovely at each update!

Thanks again to whoever shared the game, and thanks to MrDots for creating one of my favorites games in here.

To anyone who can't load the save and don't have any earlier one (a save in the party or in the car should load), it's best if you start over. Just go to Preferences and change Skip to the three options: Unseen Text, After Choices, and Transitions. That will let you fast forward the game. You can also follow the walkthrough to get the max points with Melody, and see what each choice do in the long run.

But if you really don't want to do that and you still have the Version 0.05 installed, I found a method to "repair" the save using the console (Be advised that using the console might break the save even more since you can change the flow of the game in unintended ways).

Load your last save, open the console, type "v_stat_m_points = change_stat(v_stat_m_points,-3)" if you dropped her home or "v_stat_m_points = change_stat(v_stat_m_points,-6)" if you let her stay over (This subtracts the number of points you can get at each sequence, so there is less chances of breaking the save).

Then type "jump lb_w6_a_place_to_stay", go through the dialogues, and when asked what to do with her, choose "Let her stay over" (The other option doesn't work for that) and go through the dialogue a little more until she is already at your home and you offer her a drink. At this point you must save, and the save should load on Version 0.06 (but don't attempt to rollback, it will give you an error).

I tested here and it worked. I really think starting over is way better, but if you don't want that, and understands that this method can break your save, be free to test it out.

Oct 29, 2016
Though Melody was-is one of my favorite games, i really find it difficult not to adress the repeatitive scenes regarding to how the plot is evolving.
I mean the " lets have breakfast - breakfast scene" lets have dinner - dinner scene. Then lets have dinner with X character, another dinner scene.

I believe that Dev should have already found a less boring way to evolve ingame time.

Apart from that, i didnt like this update. I found it really boring. I loved the Sophie-Melody scenes, but apart from that it was one of the most mediocre updates yet.

Nonetheless, the quality and look and feel still remains top.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
He's not nice: he's an asshole who's having affairs with 4 women at the same time, pretending that it's NOT happening and telling himself that he's a good guy and he's not hurting any of them.
I think your MC (and mine) is an Asshole, I believe you can play this game without cheating on Melody.
Technically, if you have a relationship earlier with someone else, you are not cheating on them either as you and melody are only becoming an item on the last update.

Reactions: Enyos

kikomascado

May 20, 2017
Though Melody was-is one of my favorite games, i really find it difficult not to adress the repeatitive scenes regarding to how the plot is evolving.
I mean the " lets have breakfast - breakfast scene" lets have dinner - dinner scene. Then lets have dinner with X character, another dinner scene.

I believe that Dev should have already found a less boring way to evolve ingame time.

Apart from that, i didnt like this update. I found it really boring. I loved the Sophie-Melody scenes, but apart from that it was one of the most mediocre updates yet.

Nonetheless, the quality and look and feel still remains top.
Well, I think it's quite realistic. I, for instance, only go out with my friends and girlfriend to eat. :p

Reactions: fried

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
I think your MC (and mine) is an Asshole, I believe you can play this game without cheating on Melody.
Technically, if you have a relationship earlier with someone else, you are not cheating on them either as you and melody are only becoming an item on the last update.
He hasn't been honest with anyone - and himself - since the very beginning.

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes