4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

Les_Riggs

Oct 19, 2017
And that was hardly criticism of the game. That was just one big whingefest if I’ve ever read one.

It wasn’t even constructive criticism, simply a personal attack on the dev and had nothing to do with his new game (Melody not even mentioned once in that entire rant), which has been praised by the majority who have played it.

I’m all for criticism, if it’s to do with the game itself (which he clearly hasn’t played), but that was one big load of bollocks that was written. And could it kill the guy to put a comma in that bunch or rambling somewhere??

deoclitian

Aug 5, 2017
for me the only thing I dislike about this game is that Melody seems to look more like a teenager , under age . I do like more how Isabela looks yo be honest, but the game has great potential and might just become as popular as DMD in the future. And I hope this time we wont wait for 10+ updates to lewd with her but since this is a @mrdots game I kinda expect it

ser55

Jun 4, 2017
And that hardly criticism of the game. That was just one big whingefest if I’ve ever read one.

It wasn’t even constructive criticism, simply a personal attack on the dev and had nothing to do with his new game (Melody not even mentioned once in that entire rant), which has been praised by the majority who have played it.

I’m all for criticism, if it’s to do with the game itself (which he clearly hasn’t played), but that was one big load of bollocks that was written. And could it kill the guy to put a comma in that bunch or rambling somewhere??
This is a personal opinion of the person.I don't like the melody (the game itself) plus the author is already too tight and not finished the game.

Halfelf

Nov 23, 2017
I was like oh cool a new game to try then saw the developer and was like oh cool a game to avoid because he is a con artist who bamboozled and hoodwinked straight up robbed people of their money for months with DMD and when I tried voice my opinion about the game be garbage and the story not being the GOAT of all time like some where claiming I said ok and then waited a few more version and straight up said again this game is going no where FAST and then came the whole airport ending BS and I went ok so he legit just blasted this back to square one and blue balled everyone for MONTHS friggen MONTHS and yet people are still trying to defend this guy LOL k I am done washed my hands uninstalled it never looked back refused to touch anything from this dude ever again.

Sorry but I am not even stating a opinion anymore it is pure fact this guy will FUCK every one of his supporters AGAIN and this game will start strong and then devolve into a waste and shit show and I can almost 100% GUARANTEE yet again people will defend this dev and blindly fan boi and see the writing on the wall of the direction the game for the purpose of A. They don't wanna believe that this dude has duped and fleeced them of their hard earned money for months or B. Think that there is no way that this guy could do it to his fan base again..

The way I see this it will be "Slow Burn" again that after almost a YEAR you will not have gone ANYWHERE with the titular character and the game will get LOADED with side chars that are pretty much padding for updates like DMD was and eventually people will begin to see this devs BULL SHIT again and maybe this time people will learn this guy is Impure 2.0 only slightly better.
Ok i understand you dont like the dev for your own personal reasons. But why did you come on here to just post this crap. I mean come on you dont like what he did fine. Dont go onto one of his other games and post a big what ever you want to call this. just look ok i dont like that dev i will avoid the game. geez man come on.

Reactions: Les_Riggs

Halfelf

Nov 23, 2017
This is a personal opinion of the person.I don't like the melody (the game itself) plus the author is already too tight and not finished the game.
what do you mean not finished the game? Melody just started. And he plans on completing DMD he has posted so on his own site. And yes that is his personal opinion.

ser55

Jun 4, 2017
what do you mean not finished the game? Melody just started. And he plans on completing DMD he has posted so on his own site. And yes that is his personal opinion.
I think the author will leave DMD.I will be glad to be wrong

Loopus

Aug 15, 2017
I think there are enough fap & forget games out there to fulfill everybody's desires. Cursing MrDots for being to slow with his story arcs is like forcing DarkCookie to abandon his handdrawn images for more and faster Daz renders...you know what? It's part of their style, we are not forced to support them, we are not forced to play their games, and they never promised anything more than they deliver.

Sure, I'm not happy with the switch to Melody, limiting the time for his team to continue DMD, but that's mostly because of the crusade Patreon leads on behalf of the bigot morality of our world. Especially because this new game to me comes nowhere near the thrill I had/have with DMD. But I can see how well made this one is and that it will gather enough fans to get continued and supported. Which is fine to me!

dartis

Oct 15, 2016
I think there are enough fap & forget games out there to fulfill everybody's desires. Cursing MrDots for being to slow with his story arcs is like forcing DarkCookie to abandon his handdrawn images for more and faster Daz renders...you know what? It's part of their style, we are not forced to support them, we are not forced to play their games, and they never promised anything more than they deliver.

Sure, I'm not happy with the switch to Melody, limiting the time for his team to continue DMD, but that's mostly because of the crusade Patreon leads on behalf of the bigot morality of our world. Especially because this new game to me comes nowhere near the thrill I had/have with DMD. But I can see how well made this one is and that it will gather enough fans to get continued and supported. Which is fine to me!
Saying it's a part of their style is like Ian Jones-Quartey saying that it's okay to be off-model, so long as the characters are recognisable. You know what's part of DarkCookie's style? Badly drawn 2-D art, same face characters, not knowing how to code, being incapable of creating save files that persist across updates. Except, to me, that sounds more like sheer incompetence than a style. So, how about MrDots? Bad writing, women that are literally too stupid to masturbate and cliff-hangers. DMD's got more cliff-hangers than Charles Dickens. And I am sick and tired of hearing the "well, it's not like you donate to his patreon, you can't get angry about it, why are you even playing" logical fallacy. Bitch, I was somebody who once used those arguments. Wanna guess what the result of that was? The one time I brought a problem with a game. The one time! I had one of his writers telling me that I must have been skipping the text. Treating me like a neanderthal that couldn't be bothered to read his heavenly script. MrDots stinks. His team stinks. If I was a patreon, I'd get a refund. If you are still defending him, at this point, then I don't even feel sorry for you. You are literally proof that there's a sucker born every minute. The admins are free to delete this post, for being an off-topic rant, but I wasn't walking away from this one with my tail between my legs.

Additionally, feel free to make an appeal to accomplishment. You don't need to be a chef to know that the food is bad and you don't need to be a game dev to know why the games are bad.

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Lmao and what did I say about this guys fanboi's oh look they are already defending their darling dev... Seriously wake up and understand this guy milked you for months of your money and torpedoed his own game practically to stretch out his Patreon Buck Train...

Sorry but there is ZERO evidence that this game will not turn out the SAME WAY that DMD did in fact the way this game is getting traction and people praising it ya guess what DMD started out the SAME DAMN WAY... Fact of the matter is what I said was not a opinion it was fact dude blue balled people for MONTHS with his updates and people went "it's ok guys it's slow burn the pay off is coming it's ok it will be worth." Then he put out the Airport update which blasted any kind of progression you made with the daughter back to the stone age and pretty much middle fingered you out of any progress or joy you had to "Extend" the stories of side characters which most people didn't give a shit about save for Georgina and thus degraded the game into a rising river of shit AND let's not forget people legit started to scratch their head and wonder if the daughter had autism because of her gullibility and just general stupidity... To which the fan boi's again said "She is just naive and innocent guys it's ok" No there is a fine line between that and purely retarded she crossed the line into the latter...

I have a right to express my opinion on this forum and you don't have to agree with me but I do feel I need to "Express" my deep concern for those who would back this guy without know the full story behind this guy and how he managed to run away with large sums of peoples hard earned cash and stretched a game out that really had no reason to be taking as long as it did and again to warn people not to be lured into a "honeymoon" phase of this game only to have it becoming increasingly disappointing...

Bottom line is I am not gonna fan boi and champion this guys shit when he hasn't proved to me in ANYWAY shape or form he can write a cohesive and long story line without it turning to shit half way through the process... To be fair I like slow burn stuff... WHEN THE STORY IS GOOD AND CHARACTERS AREN'T RANGING FROM BAD TO RETARDED with only maybe ONE good and likable character out of the MYRIAD of characters this guy likes to cram into his games it's unacceptable and shabby writing period there is no debate that is just period.

So people who are new to this dev buy into this guys game with caution.

Reactions: dartis

dartis

Oct 15, 2016
For someone who is barely able to use punctuation marks you're wielding a pretty big literature sword.:)
For someone, who is barely able to use punctuation marks, you're wielding a pretty big literature sword.

Fixed that for you. Don't go throwing bricks in glass houses, you didn't even manage a single sentence.

Joi_fan

Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Let get this straight, @dartis and @Infamy don't like MrDots games, so now everyone else has to follow suit even though the vast majority loves the games?

I really hope you guys are just trolling, because who are you to say what I should like it or not.

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
Let get this straight, @dartis and @Infamy don't like MrDots games, so now everyone else has to follow suit even though the vast majority loves the games?

I really hope you guys are just trolling, because who are you to say what I should like it or not.
I disagree. I prefer them to be stupid over pretending to be stupid, because at the end of the day the latter is downright retarded.

Reactions: Jandalf

dartis

Oct 15, 2016

And who are you to say what we are and aren't allowed to take umbrage with? So, sorry that it makes it uncomfortable for you, that we find a dev, you like, to be nothing more than a sleazebag. Not everyone has to keep their thoughts to themselves, this isn't a fucking safe space. But, you know, feel free to fall back on calling us trolls and feel free to throw petty insults. Because, MrDots doesn't care if you go to bat for him. He only cares, if you are giving him his money. Do you give him your hard earned cash? Because, if not, he gives less of a fuck about you, than he does about the quality of his games.

You aren't mad, because you have a different opinion to us, you're mad because we have a different opinion to you.

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes