4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Great game. I thought this was much better than DMD. I thought Melody was more interesting than the Daughter and in DMD it felt like the MC of DMD did not have a life or a personality beyond his feelings for the daughter despite him being in office or whatever. Here it feels much different and the MC has a much better personality which I like - he has a life outside of his interactions with Melody (and I hope they expand on this to provide some character building) and is in general far more interesting to play as.

Looking forward to seeing how the story progresses in this game.
Thanks, Jad, that was the goal. In a design team buy quasi committee, this took some discussion and negotiation. In addition, when I design a fictional character myself, the background tends to be very detailed - with maybe 75% of the background never making it into the story. In a committee creation, maybe only 25% of the agreed background won’t make it into the story. In addition, in the committee piece, more background gets added through the course of the development from month-to-month, slowly morphing the end result character(s).

_inactive44

Jun 10, 2017
DmD is better and I am really in with draws from it's absence but This game curbs some of that ..love your work MrDots

215303j

I do not like the idea of alternating updates for DMD and Melody, waiting for 2 months to update Melody is a dubious pleasure. DMD has become boring for me a few updates ago, the story has stalled and no changes in the relationship with the characters.
I kind of agree, but on the other hand, I do want to see DMD finished as well. Maybe not as fleshed out as was originally intended, but at least to point of "P in V with D", as some poet said before on these forums. I (and plenty others) are just a bit too invested in DMD to just leave it like that.

eddie297

Jun 17, 2017
To be honest I was excited to see this vn because I thought that by releasing a new title, dev would explore a new approach that is not the same as in DmD: experienced older man/Mentor-inexperienced girl (at times plain stupid).
The vn has quality, as it was to expect from MrDots, but it feels like starting DmD all over again, repeating the same formula...At least for now. I would have loved to see something new.

Reactions: christoprd

-Dreamer-

Jun 1, 2017
I kind of agree, but on the other hand, I do want to see DMD finished as well. Maybe not as fleshed out as was originally intended, but at least to point of "P in V with D", as some poet said before on these forums. I (and plenty others) are just a bit too invested in DMD to just leave it like that.
At first I really liked DMD, but it surely began to slide into darkness (Sucking in money)

Catoblepas

Feb 9, 2017
I like this better than DMD (and Melody way better than D, who is just a bit deformed to go with her defective behavior), but D has only just started going down. We need another couple episodes of at least that for before bailing on it.

This does feel like it'll have a more rapid pace, which Mr. Dots has already said it will. It should be all wrapped up in another year give or take some months.

KappaClaus

Jul 23, 2017
I really hoped that this game wouldn't be successful as nearly as the last game but unfortunately it seems like it will be. MrDots chooses Patreon over DMD and took the risk and since the risk is nearly over, i think he will never choose to return the DMD ever again :FeelsBadMan:

Reactions: JRD and rulzlol

-Dreamer-

Jun 1, 2017
I really hoped that this game wouldn't be successful as nearly as the last game but unfortunately it seems like it will be. MrDots chooses Patreon over DMD and took the risk and since the risk is nearly over, i think he will never choose to return the DMD ever again :FeelsBadMan:
In this case, I would be very appreciated.

thanatos69

Oct 28, 2016
Melody's fanbase is growing rapidly but it's still small, so I don't think he'll quit on DMD yet. However, in a few months and without a fucking Patreon alternative (It's been almost 6 months since Patreon started their incest witch hunt and I don't see any website who can even function on a basic level!) DMD will become more of a hassle to the team and there's a high probability that they'll end up choosing Melody over DMD.

KappaClaus

Jul 23, 2017
In this case, I would be very grateful to him.
Do you think he won't milk with this game?
Talk to me after a couple of months. He is just waiting for the right moment. Specifically after he thinks that the risk is permanently over

-Dreamer-

Jun 1, 2017
Do you think he won't milk with this game?
Talk to me after a couple of months. He is just waiting for the right moment. Specifically after he thinks that the risk is permanently over
If you carefully read the comments above, you would see that I have already expressed such concerns. But if now to make a choice between DMD and Melody, then I will no doubt choose the second one, because DMD has slipped into sad shit.

Joi_fan

Donor
Jul 29, 2017
If you carefully read the comments above, you would see that I have already expressed such concerns. But if now to make a choice between DMD and Melody, then I will no doubt choose the second one, because DMD has slipped into sad shit.
I already stated that I really like Melody's and I'm really looking forward to fool around with Amy:heartcoveredeyes:. With that said, I would also like to see the continuation of DMD (I know is just a dream), but the reason that I was most looking forward to the continuation was not to fuck the D, instead, the possibility of fooling around with mom/ex Rachel(?). I know that I'm probably alone on this one, but she's such a fine lady:FeelsGoodMan:, a bit bitchy but fine nonetheless:p.

George Halstead

Oct 1, 2017
I already stated that I really like Melody's and I'm really looking forward to fool around with Amy:heartcoveredeyes:. With that said, I would also like to see the continuation of DMD (I know is just a dream), but the reason that I was most looking forward to the continuation was not to fuck the D, instead, the possibility of fooling around with mom/ex Rachel(?). I know that I'm probably alone on this one, but she's such a fine lady:FeelsGoodMan:, a bit bitchy but fine nonetheless:p.
Is funny folks choose Melody over DMD as it is new and the developer is into it right now but he will tire with it just like he did DMD and say screw fans and supporters yet again. So enjoy it while you can and let's hope the Dev does not get bored to quickly.

caramell

Dec 31, 2017
I'm not sure if MrDots is reading this comment section. I wouldn't assume that he does, but. I really LOVE this game compared to DMD. Don't get me wrong, I really like DMD, but this is probably my favorite game out of all them, even though it's just a first release. Keep up the good work!

Oct 2, 2017
Is funny folks choose Melody over DMD as it is new and the developer is into it right now but he will tire with it just like he did DMD and say screw fans and supporters yet again. So enjoy it while you can and let's hope the Dev does not get bored to quickly.
Ummm... what? He didn't tire with DMD, he was forced to stop with it thanks to Patreon's policy changes.

cpt_hook

Nov 20, 2017
Like the look of all the girls so far, especially Melody and her friend. Bethany is hot, too, but has a severe case of bitch-needs-to-just-die syndrome.
Also, had to lol at some of the band/artist names.

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes