4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

kongflcl

Jan 14, 2018
Dont know if he comes here but he has been told on his Patreon page. Which i donate too. I like his work if you cant already tell by my sigs :)
Not related to this thread but I played Life with Mary for the first time today and was blown away, hated when it ended.

I love melody more than daughter in DMD already. IMHO Melody is more beautiful and more "real" a little innocence but not too much like daughter.
To me, Melody looks like Daughter mixed w Jennifer from DMD, and I love Jennifer.

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
I suppose that in real life that'd depend on you. Throughout my life I've always been told that, even by those whom I've only met for the first time, by buying or selling used stuff on the internet (and being paid in cash).

Reactions: cpt_hook

Kensteve4ever

Mar 22, 2018
For me the options to choose displayed on right and left side is aligned out of the display area in the Android version. Is it happens only to me or anyone else experience the same. I'm using Moto G3 android phone

Maldus

Donor
Mar 28, 2017
A Huge Thanks! :D

Hi guys!
I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who has posted kind comments about our first release of “Melody” here, and various pages and forums outside of my Patreon wall.

To be honest, my team and I had no idea how this game would be received.

We were probably more expecting it to not go so well, given the high expectations set upon us after the overwhelming success of my previous game.

I understand that this game won’t be for everyone, I know that everyone has their own tastes.

It’s an impossible task to put out a game that every single person who plays it will be totally satisfied with it. I’m just grateful that my team and I can keep making games for you guys (and girls), and your support as I always say, is what’s keeps us inspired to keep working on them.

In total, we had about six weeks to come up with a game idea that my team and I were happy with, a game title, character designs, and most importantly, who was going to play that all important role of the female lead, Melody.

Once we knew that it was going to be a music-themed game, the name Melody seemed to fit really early on, and after that, we never considered changing it from that point.

We were mindful of making this particular visual novel, as different to the previous one as possible. Although we did keep some similar elements that helped make the game that preceded Melody, so popular.

e.g. The save system, naming the save slots, the menu bar

There are still some things to tweak to make the game better, but we'll get there eventually :)

It’s a huge relief to see that the vast majority of you enjoyed playing this very first version,and we will do our very best to stick to that high standard that we have set for ourselves.

The hope is that we can evolve with our ideas and features in upcoming versions of the game.

As always, please post up any ideas you might have for scene locations, mini-game ideas, and even instruments that you might like to teach Melody how to play? (the cello, anyone?)

Final words!

So that’s it for now. If you weren’t aware already, v0.0.2 of “Melody” will be released on Saturday, April 28th.

For my $1 pledges, v0.0.1 will be available to download a few days before v0.0.2 is released, as was the norm with my previous game.

Many thanks as always,

MrDots

-Dreamer-

Jun 1, 2017
I do not like the idea of alternating updates for DMD and Melody, waiting for 2 months to update Melody is a dubious pleasure. DMD has become boring for me a few updates ago, the story has stalled and no changes in the relationship with the characters. There was a feeling that MrDots went into some kind of creative impasse, which he himself created by producing indecently crappy updates. And Melody is like a breath of fresh air that I missed and I want it MORE! Only I'm afraid that with the passage of several updates, it can also become a boring shit (Please do not)
P.S. At the expense of DMD is my personal opinion, so do not burn please.

Reactions: proximus
D

Deleted member 59977

Great game. I thought this was much better than DMD. I thought Melody was more interesting than the Daughter and in DMD it felt like the MC of DMD did not have a life or a personality beyond his feelings for the daughter despite him being in office or whatever. Here it feels much different and the MC has a much better personality which I like - he has a life outside of his interactions with Melody (and I hope they expand on this to provide some character building) and is in general far more interesting to play as.

Looking forward to seeing how the story progresses in this game.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Don't know if its been mentioned yet, or if Mr.Dots reads these forums but when having lunch with Amy she mentions how the meeting with her friend Leslie went, even though I bailed on the meeting to take Melody shopping. Know its just the first version but that's definitely something to be fixed, especially since I thought there would be some type of repercussions for bailing on the interview.

Then later that night during a video chat with Melody she mentions how you didn't get the job, and to yourself you say that you should have just helped her shop instead. Damn it, I gave up a job interview to help her, and now its like it didn't even happen.

Still though, hope I'm not jinxing the playtime I have left, but a shit load of content for .01 and I'm enjoying this a lot more than DMD.
This has been mentioned a few times before, but I don't think it's an error; it's just confusing. I thought it as an error at first as well, but later in the game it seems clear that the MC did go to the interview, he just went later after helping Melody, (and being late was the reason he didn't get the job). There is no scene with the interview, and the abrupt jump after shopping with Melody made me think he blew it off as well, but later comments made me realize it wasn't an "error" in continuity, just a poor job in this instance of being clear. I'd have to replay to find the comment that "filled in the blank" or me.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm wrong. Whether or not it's implied you went to the interview after helping Melody rather instead of helping Melody, it's definitely an error when they're chatting on "Hype" and the MC wonders if he should have helped Melody shop, just as @kongflcl said if I had bothered to read the entire post I was quoting lol.

Reactions: kongflcl
4.50 star(s) 280 Votes