4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Let get this straight, @dartis and @Infamy don't like MrDots games, so now everyone else has to follow suit even though the vast majority loves the games?

I really hope you guys are just trolling, because who are you to say what I should like it or not.
Wait?

What?

So people who don't like the games and have a different opinion to you are trolling?

Shit ... I thought people like you only existed in Youtube's comments section.

7 billion people on a planet and he has around 3 thousand patreons .... where is this "vast majority" because that's barely a ripple in the ocean.

If you are just talking about people that play H games then there are still millions of those and he's still barely a ripple in that ocean.

You like his stuff, that's great but others don't. That doesn't make them trolls. People with differing opinions aren't trolls. Trolling is a fucking art form not simply disagreeing with someone.

thanatos69

Oct 28, 2016
Wait?

What?

So people who don't like the games and have a different opinion to you are trolling?

Shit ... I thought people like you only existed in Youtube's comments section.

7 billion people on a planet and he has around 3 thousand patreons .... where is this "vast majority" because that's barely a ripple in the ocean.

If you are just talking about people that play H games then there are still millions of those and he's still barely a ripple in that ocean.

You like his stuff, that's great but others don't. That doesn't make them trolls. People with differing opinions aren't trolls. Trolling is a fucking art form not simply disagreeing with someone.
You see, the problem is not that you, the other guy or Infamy, who's been a long time troll in the DMD thread, have different opinions towards the game.

If someone says the game has beautiful renders and other person says no, the girl is not holding the phone right, the lighting is bad, he should improve this or that, or that I didn't like Amy's behavior towards something, like leaving Melody to the MC to take care of her, then that's having a different opinion and we can have a normal discussion.

The problem is that those people I mentioned earlier come here and call the dev a milker, he only cares about the money, that the story is shit, without even playing the game, etc. etc. Things that have nothing to do with the game whatsoever. You can see the hate and the jealousy in their words.

I get that you don't like the dev. I don't like certain devs either. I don't like Summertime Saga and DOD, yet I don't go to their threads and start saying that those devs are milker, or that the game is shit, that they only want your money. I just let the fans have their own fun and enjoy the games they like.

Read what they are saying again, and you'll see that they come here to troll and to piss people off, and just like what happened in the DMD thread, no one will give a shit about what they think and they'll leave eventually. It has happened before and will happen again.

dartis

Oct 15, 2016
You see, the problem is not that you, the other guy or Infamy, who's been a long time troll in the DMD thread, have different opinions towards the game.

If someone says the game has beautiful renders and other person says no, the girl is not holding the phone right, the lighting is bad, he should improve this or that, or that I didn't like Amy's behavior towards something, like leaving Melody to the MC to take care of her, then that's having a different opinion and we can have a normal discussion.

The problem is that those people I mentioned earlier come here and call the dev a milker, he only cares about the money, that the story is shit, without even playing the game, etc. etc. Things that have nothing to do with the game whatsoever. You can see the hate and the jealousy in their words.

I get that you don't like the dev. I don't like certain devs either. I don't like Summertime Saga and DOD, yet I don't go to their threads and start saying that those devs are milker, or that the game is shit, that they only want your money. I just let the fans have their own fun and enjoy the games they like.

Read what they are saying again, and you'll see that they come here to troll and to piss people off, and just like what happened in the DMD thread, no one will give a shit about what they think and they'll leave eventually. It has happened before and will happen again.
Okay, okay. So, you're fine with a discussion. But, only so long as it's your terms and about nebulous stuff that is really neither here or there. Otherwise, anyone who disagrees with you must be a jealous hateful troll. Again, this isn't a safe space. So what if you don't go to other threads and voice your opinions? Don't expect everyone to do exactly as you do. Apologies, if this makes you uncomfortable. But, not everyone shares your opinions on how people shouldn't speak their opinion about Devs, just because you don't.

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
And who are you to say what we are and aren't allowed to take umbrage with? So, sorry that it makes it uncomfortable for you, that we find a dev, you like, to be nothing more than a sleazebag. Not everyone has to keep their thoughts to themselves, this isn't a fucking safe space. But, you know, feel free to fall back on calling us trolls and feel free to throw petty insults. Because, MrDots doesn't care if you go to bat for him. He only cares, if you are giving him his money. Do you give him your hard earned cash? Because, if not, he gives less of a fuck about you, than he does about the quality of his games.

You aren't mad, because you have a different opinion to us, you're mad because we have a different opinion to you.
I don't understand if you don't like the game what you doing in this thread?You like some football fan that just can't stop posting on opposite fan thread instead of his club.

dartis

Oct 15, 2016
I don't understand if you don't like the game what you doing in this thread?You like some football fan that just can't stop posting on opposite fan thread instead of his club.
Honestly? I keep thinking I'll be able to get away, then somebody calls me a troll or retarded or jealous and it's like I'm dragged back into a fight; because people, who are so sure that they are right, have to also convince me that I'm wrong and, by extension, they're right. They can't prove why they're right, only in how I'm wrong. Which, funnily enough, makes me wonder if a lot of these fans are even that sure about whether or not they like MrDots and his work.

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
Honestly? I keep thinking I'll be able to get away, then somebody calls me a troll or retarded or jealous and it's like I'm dragged back into a fight; because people, who are so sure that they are right, have to also convince me that I'm wrong and, by extension, they're right. They can't prove why they're right, only in how I'm wrong. Which, funnily enough, makes me wonder if a lot of these fans are even that sure about whether or not they like MrDots and his work.
That still don't explain what are you doing here.

Reactions: Askjames

X_Alascato

Oct 23, 2017
damn!!! 28 pages with 28 votes. already love this game. Gonna try hope theres a little more content as a version 1

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Debates about flaws and merits and pros and cons of a game can be interesting and enjoyable. But debates over who is "right" or "wrong" when it comes to something as purely subjective of whether or not a person finds a game enjoyable is kinda pointless. Unfortunately, many of the threads here have recently been hijacked by one of two scenarios:

1st scenario:
Person A: "I like this game because reasons. Looking forward to the next update."
Person B: "I don't understand why people like this game. It sucks."
Person A: "YOU'RE JUST A TROLL!"

2nd scenario:
Person A: "This game sucks and I don't know why people like it because reasons"
Person B: "Well I actually like this game."
Person A: "YOU'RE JUST A WHITE KNIGHT!"

Both of these exchanges are total bullshit and just make people angry.

If you don't like a game, just make peace with it. Stop trying to convince people that enjoy the game that they're "wrong" somehow. If you think MrDots is milking his patrons, okay, but what is the purpose of making that point multiple times? Are you trying to save the lemmings from falling off the cliff? Is it some kind of ethical justice crusade against devious devs tricking everyone?

Conversely, if you love this game, you don't need to defend it against people who don't like it. Why are you trying to convince someone who obviously doesn't like it that they are wrong? Are you trying to "enlighten" them somehow?

Mr.Dots' patrons are grown-ups and can make their own decisions, and many of them probably like the game for the exact reasons you dislike it. What's frustrating "blueballing" to one person is an enjoyable "slow burn" to another person.

Like I said, debating merits and flaws is great! This is a forum of opinions that should be welcomed. When those opinions get attacked, it just makes this place worse for everyone... But I guess it's a sign of the times.

ETA: I'm not a Patron of Mr.Dots, and I just wanted to be clear that the whole "If you're not a patron you have no right to complain" angle is also pretty lame, for the record.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Debates about flaws and merits and pros and cons of a game can be interesting and enjoyable. But debates over who is "right" or "wrong" when it comes to something as purely subjective of whether or not a person finds a game enjoyable is kinda pointless. Unfortunately, many of the threads here have recently been hijacked by one of two scenarios:

1st scenario:
Person A: "I like this game because reasons. Looking forward to the next update."

2nd scenario:

If you don't like a game, just make peace with it. Stop trying to convince people that enjoy the game that they're "wrong" somehow. If you think MrDots is milking his patrons, okay, but what is the purpose of making that point multiple times? Are you trying to save the lemmings from falling off the cliff? Is it some kind of ethical justice crusade against devious devs tricking everyone?

Conversely, if you love this game, you don't need to defend it against people who don't like it. Why are you trying to convince someone who obviously doesn't like it that they are wrong? Are you trying to "enlighten" them somehow?

Mr.Dots' patrons are grown-ups and can make their own decisions, and many of them probably like the game for the exact reasons you dislike it. What's frustrating "blueballing" to one person is an enjoyable "slow burn" to another person.

Like I said, debating merits and flaws is great! This is a forum of opinions that should be welcomed. When those opinions get attacked, it just makes this place worse for everyone... But I guess it's a sign of the times.

ETA: I'm not a Patron of Mr.Dots, and I just wanted to be clear that the whole "If you're not a patron you have no right to complain" angle is also pretty lame, for the record.
I agree with almost everything you said except, perhaps, "Mr.Dots' patrons are grown-ups":eek:penedeyewink:

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
What happened to the blue ball simulator.

Sorry I meant to say DmD. Is that still in development, or is it abandonware?
a dating sim, spicy. so can we expect sex content before 2020 ?
Picture 6 is clearly Elena cosplaing as Hermione.
looks that way true.. they reused Elena's model from DmD :D
probably since it had sex from the start it will be a some what more popular than DmD
not convinced at all. will skip this update, hopefully the next will inspire more for a test-run.
To be fair I don't think anyone who was supporting him would have tolerated a slow start from scratch. I know I certainly wouldn't have.
yea same here.. mostly since DmD was just getting to the good parts with D
We are already familiar with the work of this developer so all that 3-4 years and maybe the story will be over.
Every girl from DMD had the same pose with a phone.
In fact, I recognize every facial expression at the sample pics as used in DMD. Finished really tired with that game, so better I will await to future updates.
I hope that erotic and sexual scenes in this game will be better than in DmD. Because they were terrible, like shit. Lol. Angular, clumsy and completely boring, without passion. It can be seen that the author has not much real experience with the girls. I particularly laughed when the MC fingering his virgin daughter. It was... unexpected.
Damn I love that tab with personal data like virginity etc. Renders look much better than DMD and story at least makes sense now. Rather impressive start. One of the games that can justify Patreon incest ban for me
I like the first sentence of the Game:
"That if you really want to do something, then you just have to do it..."

Yeah, like continuing DmD...
Let's see if this game blueballs me as much as DmD and if the quality is more or less the same. I'm sure it is a good game anyways
No, my hopes did not materialize. Sex scenes is still boring and clumsy.

I stopped after page 5....

Some of his own supporters have doubts....

One constant theme is a concern that this will turn into a abandoned project after 2 years of following....

Will he ever finish his other game....

The story is bad...

I mean what I have been saying after looking at this am I really so wrong? This post is not even me it's direct quotes this kinda shit is on EVERY PAGE pretty much... So I ask again is it really me trolling? Or am I actually stating majority opinion and legit concerns about the validity of this dev...

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
one should have pretty sad or boring life to go on forum page of a game and dev they don't like (or even hate),not to discuss,but to fume and rage about the said game and call everyone else who enjoy it stupid deluded fanboys
You must see forums of big football clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona:)
Not to mention what is happening now in Magic forums.

Reactions: wrx21

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
You must see forums of big football clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona:)
Not to mention what is happening now in Magic forums.
i'm on football forums aswell as F1 forums and i know exactly what you mean :extremelyhappy:
but still,i simply won't go to opponents threads who i don't like to rage how i hate the,how they suck or how everyone who supports those teams should check themselves...

Reactions: armion82

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
i'm on football forums aswell as F1 forums and i know exactly what you mean :extremelyhappy:
but still,i simply won't go to opponents threads who i don't like to rage how i hate the,how they suck or how everyone who supports those teams should check themselves...
Reading new Magic story while waiting for DoD ep.11.Just finish some interesting sex story with three Batgirl-Barbara,Cassandra and Stephanie:)

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
Well that was a few pages of a whole lot of nothing.

But, I think that this is a possible solution for makers of taboo games. Let see if we can get this word out...

[EDIT] Just found that this alternative is being talked about on another thread. If you want to see what is being said, both pros and cons, for this alternative, check this out.

Now lets us get back to all these pots calling all these kettles black, can we please?

Reactions: tarzan999

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017

1st scenario:

2nd scenario:

Cool. I was thinking there was way too many good comments about the game, and then comes the other side of the story.

faux - I totally agree with your POV. Imo, the better part of anyone’s criticism is pointing out the weakness, suggesting the fix, or recommending another VN developer who does it better. While not required, these secondary steps at least help to remedy the problems complained about in the VN.

It’s a developing market and I find it more interesting to continue to learn the market and art form better, and try to continue to improve.

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes