4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

tizz

Apr 5, 2018
Kinda wish they would go all out on Melody (or finish DMD quickly) as this has much better characters imho (both main girl as well as sidecast), but I guess DMD is still far more popular.

Morpheas

Oct 28, 2017
Kinda wish they would go all out on Melody (or finish DMD quickly) as this has much better characters imho (both main girl as well as sidecast), but I guess DMD is still far more popular.
Agreed. I tried DMD and didnt like it. While this one, is much more to my liking.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Here are two quotes showing, in my mind, how I see the differences between D’s Love and Melody’s Love with their respective MC:

D: “Everyday I spend with you is the new best day of my life.” - Reliant K (lyric from “Must Have Done Something Right”)

Melody: “People always tell me either A. you love him. B. you hate him. My usual answer? C. All of the above.” - Anne Roiphe quote

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I was just browsing some comments, and it got me thinking about that famous sitcom Friends that was so terribly popular. In the very first Episode, Rachel runs out on a wedding, Ross sees her in her wedding dress, he falls in love with her, and we all know exactly where the plot of the show is going. After about 7 or 8 years, they get married, by accident, still not officially together. After 9 years, they have a child together, still not officially a couple. 10 years, 10 freaking years of "I already know where this is going, why don't they" the show finally ends with the two of them together as a couple. And WHY?! Because sitcom writers learned, the hard way, that when you are writing an episodic story, the audience loses interest as soon as your central plot element reaches its logical conclusion. The rule is, "if they have sex, we'll get cancelled." When I was growing up, it was known as "The Moonlighting Effect." So, yeah, any Patreon, or any writer really, doing an on-going or episodic story is going to take their damn time, because once you reach the end, it's over. These Patreon projects are not comparable to films, they're more like TV shows.
Except both Melody and DMD are scripted as slow but advancing stories. Melody especially has a traditional three act plot line story arc used in movie and play scripts. You might get the “gets girl - loses girl - gets girl again” structure, but it won’t be like an episodic TV show like Friends.

The story seems glacial for two reasons, imo.

One: The process by the team takes a good amount of time so Melody will take 1.5-2 years to complete (about 15 monthly releases).

Two: MDot’s style will probably always be “slow burn.” That is his world view on how to create a romantic story between the Male and Female MCs. It may look like episodic TV like Friends, when it is actually a slow moving lava flow: moving forward and relentless. (Well, not exactly, but you get the point.)

May 21, 2018
Does anyone know of any similar games to this tittle? Would love to play something like this to pass my time while i wait for the next version. Thanksss!

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Does anyone know of any similar games to this tittle? Would love to play something like this to pass my time while i wait for the next version. Thanksss!
-Dating my Daughter
-Dreams of Desire
-Parental Love
-My Sweet Neighbors
-Big Brother
-Babysitter
-The Twist
-Dreaming of Dana
-Au-Pair Innocence
-Two Weeks
-Milf's Tale
-A Wife and Mother
-Freeloading Family
-My Cute Cousin/now My Cute Roommate
-Fertile and Mating
-Indecent Desires
-Life with Mary
-The Tyrant
-High-Rise Climb
-Life with Pleasure
-A Zombie's Life
-Lab Rats
-Glassix
-Corruption
-Max's Life
-Something Unlimited

Jan 1, 2018
I was just browsing some comments, and it got me thinking about that famous sitcom Friends that was so terribly popular. In the very first Episode, Rachel runs out on a wedding, Ross sees her in her wedding dress, he falls in love with her, and we all know exactly where the plot of the show is going. After about 7 or 8 years, they get married, by accident, still not officially together. After 9 years, they have a child together, still not officially a couple. 10 years, 10 freaking years of "I already know where this is going, why don't they" the show finally ends with the two of them together as a couple. And WHY?! Because sitcom writers learned, the hard way, that when you are writing an episodic story, the audience loses interest as soon as your central plot element reaches its logical conclusion. The rule is, "if they have sex, we'll get cancelled." When I was growing up, it was known as "The Moonlighting Effect." So, yeah, any Patreon, or any writer really, doing an on-going or episodic story is going to take their damn time, because once you reach the end, it's over. These Patreon projects are not comparable to films, they're more like TV shows.
Undoubtedly there are some developers who are motivated this way and make their games accordingly. However, I've been following MrDots for a while now, and he (or she?) is rather the type that just wants to tell a story. He knows where it's going to end and has mapped out most of the details of the road to get there, although some changes can be made along the way. As was mentioned, his style is a slow burn, but at least in MrDots' case, that's not milking, that's just the way he unfolds his stories (DMD and this one so far).
By the way, the writers of Friends have said that they never intended Ross and Rachel to be the big, central arc of the show. It was the fans that fell in love with it, and always wanted more.

May 21, 2018
-Dating my Daughter
-Dreams of Desire
-Parental Love
-My Sweet Neighbors
-Big Brother
-Babysitter
-The Twist
-Dreaming of Dana
-Au-Pair Innocence
-Two Weeks
-Milf's Tale
-A Wife and Mother
-Freeloading Family
-Fertile and Mating
-Indecent Desires
-Life with Mary
-The Tyrant
-High-Rise Climb
-Life with Pleasure
-A Zombie's Life
-Lab Rats
-Glassix
-Corruption
-Max's Life
-Something Unlimited

Damn, thanks for this, i will check them out :)

bagodoughnuts

Jan 7, 2018
I hope the next update is as good as the new DMD update. Worth the wait for good work.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

Morpheas

Oct 28, 2017
-Dating my Daughter
-Dreams of Desire
-Parental Love
-My Sweet Neighbors
-Big Brother
-Babysitter
-The Twist
-Dreaming of Dana
-Au-Pair Innocence
-Two Weeks
-Milf's Tale
-A Wife and Mother
-Freeloading Family
-Fertile and Mating
-Indecent Desires
-Life with Mary
-The Tyrant
-High-Rise Climb
-Life with Pleasure
-A Zombie's Life
-Lab Rats
-Glassix
-Corruption
-Max's Life
-Something Unlimited
And I would add to list

- A Sister's Love
- Acting Lessons
- Lancaster Boarding House
- Milfy City
And you didnt mention Tanged Up? Really?

Also, how about Lust Man Standing? Its in an early stage, but it looks very promising.

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes