Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
the Furnas, creatures made of the lava that run wild in the rivers that cross their planet, Ustrina, and the Metals, children of the fallen stars of Aestrum.
Okay, so I will witness interspecies mating of metal golem with lava golem, am I right?!
What about the species that I can relate myself with, the flesh golems? Or they would be there only in high temperature hazmat suits?

AstroKaen

Creator of Monster XXXperiment
Game Developer
Jun 21, 2020
Okay, so I will witness interspecies mating of metal golem with lava golem, am I right?!
What about the species that I can relate myself with, the flesh golems? Or they would be there only in high temperature hazmat suits?
No there's no planned scenes between the Furna and the Metals. The only planned scenes are between the player and the Metals. You could fall under the term flesh golem.

AstroKaen

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2020
Can you titfuck this hoe yet? Also just heard her voice, hope you have a volume slider for that.
No it's a tech demo for patrons to gather feedback about the game and it's functions before we begin moving forward with the story and adding new scenes. Once the public demo is out that will be the time we add the new scenes we've been working on in the background in future releases. Yes it's right in the settings menu.

AstroKaen

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2020
I hope this great game released in apk too...
Because of the amount of request for a Android Build we'll be looking towards making that happen after all of the tech demos have been completed! Once we begin polishing for the big public demo release we'll see about adding HTML, APK, and Linux to our supported devices. If it's not available immediately with that demo it will be available in the future.

Reactions: aleyugioh

AstroKaen

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2020
does loading saves not work at all? it just shows a loading screen and never takes me anywhere
It's a weird bug that was just reported to me last night. Apparently saving and loading works for the first part of the game during the Prologue but it doesn't function when trying to load the Hub Menu or any of her Dates. It's really odd, right now if you want to use save and load to get back to the hub menu fast I would suggest saving right before the Hub Menu UI pops up. Looking into this issue today.

RedFoot

Aug 20, 2017
Extremely buggy and couldn't get to practically any of the content shown in the screenshots.

AstroKaen

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2020
Extremely buggy and couldn't get to practically any of the content shown in the screenshots.
That is indeed the point of a Tech Demo to sort out all of the bugs before it's released to the public. You read the Disclaimer right? What bugs did you run into so I can document them and fix them.

Also on Tin's dates did you click affection again after a successful date? It tells you when a date was successful and if the next one is opened at the end of the date. By doing that you can see most of the content in the screenshots.

RedFoot

Aug 20, 2017
I didn't get any dates, probably because of the fact that I made a wrong decision somewhere in the dialogue, but given that save/load doesn't work...

I understand, I'm just letting people know what to expect out of the current version.

AstroKaen

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2020
I didn't get any dates, probably because of the fact that I made a wrong decision somewhere in the dialogue, but given that save/load doesn't work...

I understand, I'm just letting people know what to expect out of the current version.
Did you make it to the Hub Menu/Finish the Prologue? Or did you get a game over that sent you back to the title screen?

Because if you got a Game Over and got sent back to the title screen then you did run into one of the bugs that's already been reported to me.

Save/Load Functions as long as you're not trying to save/load at the Hub Menu or at the dates, it's a strange bug I've been looking into today.

JesterHell

Jun 2, 2017
Did you make it to the Hub Menu/Finish the Prologue? Or did you get a game over that sent you back to the title screen?

Because if you got a Game Over and got sent back to the title screen then you did run into one of the bugs that's already been reported to me.

Save/Load Functions as long as you're not trying to save/load at the Hub Menu or at the dates, it's a strange bug I've been looking into today.
Well I can't speak for other but I saved after the "re-forging" of Tin but before the ship/hub and tried loading it but I just get an endless hourglass rotating, well maybe not literally endless but after 5 minutes loading I decided it would be faster to start over, also noticed a bug where holding skip to get back to where I was caused the "re-forging" mini game to run at skip speeds.

But Aside from that this is a very interesting idea, monster girls are one of my kinks and this is an interesting variation of that idea.

From what I've read so far it seems the "metals" are periodic metals?

I immediately wonder about alloys and heavy metals, are alloys like the Metal's version of interracial children? do heavy metals like Uranium and Plutonium exist within Metal society?

I suppose its not like they need to worry about cancer although the MC might, depending upon if oxidation is like shedding "dead skin" for Metals, that could mean Uranium and Plutonium would "shed" a potentially lethal dust.

Reactions: AstroKaen

AstroKaen

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2020
Well I can't speak for other but I saved after the "re-forging" of Tin but before the ship/hub and tried loading it but I just get an endless hourglass rotating, well maybe not literally endless but after 5 minutes loading I decided it would be faster to start over, also noticed a bug where holding skip to get back to where I was caused the "re-forging" mini game to run at skip speeds.

But Aside from that this is a very interesting idea, monster girls are one of my kinks and this is an interesting variation of that idea.

From what I've read so far it seems the "metals" are periodic metals?

I immediately wonder about alloys and heavy metals, are alloys like the Metal's version of interracial children? do heavy metals like Uranium and Plutonium exist within Metal society?

I suppose its not like they need to worry about cancer although the MC might, depending upon if oxidation is like shedding "dead skin" for Metals, that could mean Uranium and Plutonium would "shed" a potentially lethal dust.
Thank you for all of the information! That is super strange it really shouldn't be doing that anymore I guess the issue runs deeper and I'll have to investigate it further.

Yep the metals are all periodic metals.

Alloys and Heavy metals is an idea I would love to explore in the future right now in the base game there won't be much mention of it. But if I manage to get a stable base and funding for the studio then I definitely have plans to explore that idea in the future.

Technically yes but our number 1 rule we've been running with is that everything is scientific and make sense until it's time to be horny, that's the mindset we've been going with.

I'm really happy you're interested in the idea! Like stated this is just tech demo so our public demo has a lot of the major bugs and kinks out of it before we move forward with the story.

We want to avoid having everyone have to reset their saves or use skip codes whenever we add new content so it's super good that we're finding out about all these saving and loading bugs now. We're also focusing on making a strong foundation so the rest of the game isn't one bad day from being broken and easy to update.

This build still has some major bugs so definitely be on the lookout for the public demo when it releases, that should have the most final look of how the entire game will function and play out.

JesterHell

Jun 2, 2017
Thank you for all of the information! That is super strange it really shouldn't be doing that anymore I guess the issue runs deeper and I'll have to investigate it further.
No problem, happy to help.

Yep the metals are all periodic metals.

Alloys and Heavy metals is an idea I would love to explore in the future right now in the base game there won't be much mention of it. But if I manage to get a stable base and funding for the studio then I definitely have plans to explore that idea in the future.
I wish you the best with that as I hope to see those ideas expanded, Personally the "Breeding Season" debacle hurt my trust of the patreon system making me hesitant to support projects on it since, no telling when a project might just up and die after years of support.

Technically yes but our number 1 rule we've been running with is that everything is scientific and make sense until it's time to be horny, that's the mindset we've been going with.
Its a good rule to be sure, I personally lean towards simulation but it wouldn't work here as it would make any type of horny interaction impossible, even a soft metal like pure 24k gold would be too hard for sexy times.

But ignoring rule 1 for a second, based upon my reading it seems like a one night stand with Uranium would be safer then platonic co-habitation, the issue being that Uranium releases alpha particle radiation which the skin stops but if it gets inside you then it causes issues with organs.

Would make for an interesting story point IMHO, could almost see Uranium being Hinata style "shy" with the motivating factor being a desire to not inadvertently harm the MC after MC makes a comment about Uranium being toxic to humans, turning into a an OCD clean freak over limiting the risk to MC after learning the risk comes from dust particles instead of simple proximity.

I'm really happy you're interested in the idea! Like stated this is just tech demo so our public demo has a lot of the major bugs and kinks out of it before we move forward with the story.
Makes sense, get the engine and its systems running well before making the big leap of a "full" launch, you occasionally see patreon devs have to go back and spend several update cycles on fixing engine issues that they left from start up, its a good indicator of your potential as a dev.

I only did a short course on coding out of hobbyist interest but anticipating customer/user actions/needs in advance was stressed as important for software development.

We want to avoid having everyone have to reset their saves or use skip codes whenever we add new content so it's super good that we're finding out about all these saving and loading bugs now. We're also focusing on making a strong foundation so the rest of the game isn't one bad day from being broken and easy to update.
Definitely, my first thought upon finding the save bug was "now this is a priority fix." as nothing kills enthusiasm for any game like losing progress to a bug.

This build still has some major bugs so definitely be on the lookout for the public demo when it releases, that should have the most final look of how the entire game will function and play out.
Will be.

I am wondering what your plans are for the H-content as the teaser felt like it could go towards either animated "CG's" or semi interactive "choose an action, watch it animate." (rogue like evolution style.) while the "attendant" feature has a "feel the Flash" lite vibe to it.

AstroKaen

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2020
No problem, happy to help.

I wish you the best with that as I hope to see those ideas expanded, Personally the "Breeding Season" debacle hurt my trust of the patreon system making me hesitant to support projects on it since, no telling when a project might just up and die after years of support.

Its a good rule to be sure, I personally lean towards simulation but it wouldn't work here as it would make any type of horny interaction impossible, even a soft metal like pure 24k gold would be too hard for sexy times.

But ignoring rule 1 for a second, based upon my reading it seems like a one night stand with Uranium would be safer then platonic co-habitation, the issue being that Uranium releases alpha particle radiation which the skin stops but if it gets inside you then it causes issues with organs.

Would make for an interesting story point IMHO, could almost see Uranium being Hinata style "shy" with the motivating factor being a desire to not inadvertently harm the MC after MC makes a comment about Uranium being toxic to humans, turning into a an OCD clean freak over limiting the risk to MC after learning the risk comes from dust particles instead of simple proximity.

Makes sense, get the engine and its systems running well before making the big leap of a "full" launch, you occasionally see patreon devs have to go back and spend several update cycles on fixing engine issues that they left from start up, its a good indicator of your potential as a dev.

I only did a short course on coding out of hobbyist interest but anticipating customer/user actions/needs in advance was stressed as important for software development.

Definitely, my first thought upon finding the save bug was "now this is a priority fix." as nothing kills enthusiasm for any game like losing progress to a bug.

Will be.

I am wondering what your plans are for the H-content as the teaser felt like it could go towards either animated "CG's" or semi interactive "choose an action, watch it animate." (rogue like evolution style.) while the "attendant" feature has a "feel the Flash" lite vibe to it.
Ah yeah I figured I've been seeing a lot of people who's been burned by Patreon campaigns on this site making them lose trust in future projects it makes sense. I would like for Patreon to work out in the long run so that I'm able to pay everyone working at the studio a living wage turning this into their full time jobs so that we can push out even more content and have that base to start other game projects in the future. It just makes more sense in my head when budgeting and growing a sustainable model. If Patreon doesn't seem to be working out though I'll look into maybe doing a Kickstarter if the project has enough momentum from the demo.

That is a super interesting idea for Uranium I'll definitely be writing that down in my notes.

Yeah I literally just graduated from College in December with a Computer Science degree and User Experience is always first, that's why we're taking the time with these Tech Demos to try to get mainly everything right the first time.

For the H CG's they'll be semi-interactive. And your feelings about the "attendant" feature Is correct that was the first H-Game I ever played so mixing that with a Azur Lane like Hub Menu where you can interact with the girls is something I really wanted to do. Expect for the attendant feature to be constantly updated in the future, it's made so we can add new animations easy and that's where a nice portion of the H-Content will come from as well. Different levels of affection unlocking different reactions and replies when we add her text boxes. All the way to eventually being able to have sex with her right on the Hub menu if you play with her enough.

The 1st H-Scene for dates is depending on the girl some can come as early as the 1st date depending on dialogue choices, and some at the 4th. Tin's reserved so her's come after spending a lot of time with her. The 1st H-Scene for most of the girls will never involve penetration and will be done with the girls "profile" model.

The 2nd H-Scene will always be the 5th date and it'll be a animated semi-interactive CG most of them involve penetration but that's also girl dependent.

The rest bulk of the H-Content can be found on the "attendant". And sometimes through story once we get a little later in the game. (EX. You have Affection 5 with Tin right before a boss fight and choose to spend time with her this would most likely lead to a "profile" H-Scene)

Reactions: JesterHell

JesterHell

Jun 2, 2017
Ah yeah I figured I've been seeing a lot of people who's been burned by Patreon campaigns on this site making them lose trust in future projects it makes sense. I would like for Patreon to work out in the long run so that I'm able to pay everyone working at the studio a living wage turning this into their full time jobs so that we can push out even more content and have that base to start other game projects in the future. It just makes more sense in my head when budgeting and growing a sustainable model. If Patreon doesn't seem to be working out though I'll look into maybe doing a Kickstarter if the project has enough momentum from the demo.
I fully understand why people use Patreon both as creators and consumers, At one point I was supporting 17 different creators, then Breeding seasons happened and I started paying closer attention, noticed a few dev's that seemed to milk it, earning enough to higher some help but refusing to do so because the project was their "baby" while learning everything mid production, which while fair does kill motivation to support them.

Now I do one off donations to projects that catch my attention and/or update consistently but repeated donations are a no go for the most part, I will be doing a donation for this project after payday as I do want to see more.

That is a super interesting idea for Uranium I'll definitely be writing that down in my notes.
Ha, cool you think so, its really unrefined idea though, there's just an interesting juxtapose with a "strong/deadly" Metal being shy and meek.

Yeah I literally just graduated from College in December with a Computer Science degree and User Experience is always first, that's why we're taking the time with these Tech Demos to try to get mainly everything right the first time.
Well that is much higher level then my "training" so I'll leave the software design to the literal expert :p, also inspires some real confidence in your ability to make this a real game.

My experience with programming consists mainly of making a CLASS called "Mean" calling that CLASS with "Maen" and being unable to find the problem for 6+ hours because I'm reading "Maen" as "Mean", fuck dyslexia.

For the H CG's they'll be semi-interactive. And your feelings about the "attendant" feature Is correct that was the first H-Game I ever played so mixing that with a Azur Lane like Hub Menu where you can interact with the girls is something I really wanted to do. Expect for the attendant feature to be constantly updated in the future, it's made so we can add new animations easy and that's where a nice portion of the H-Content will come from as well. Different levels of affection unlocking different reactions and replies when we add her text boxes. All the way to eventually being able to have sex with her right on the Hub menu if you play with her enough.
Ha, that's something we have in common as the original Feel the Flash was the first H-game I played, I was always a bit disappointed that there wasn't more games like it, the fact you want to do that for the attendant feature is an A++ from me.

The 1st H-Scene for dates is depending on the girl some can come as early as the 1st date depending on dialogue choices, and some at the 4th. Tin's reserved so her's come after spending a lot of time with her. The 1st H-Scene for most of the girls will never involve penetration and will be done with the girls "profile" model.
Nice, some pacing and variation is definitely a good thing, kind oi disapointing when every character in a game is a clone/recolor, everyone has H-cup breasts and is always horny gets old quick.

The 2nd H-Scene will always be the 5th date and it'll be a animated semi-interactive CG most of them involve penetration but that's also girl dependent.
I can see the "noble" Metals being more reserved, especially since Gold was referred to as "royalty", so thinking in CK3 terms Gold = Queen, Silver = Duchess, Copper? = Countess or something a but less on the nose of fantasy tropes I wonder.

The rest bulk of the H-Content can be found on the "attendant". And sometimes through story once we get a little later in the game. (EX. You have Affection 5 with Tin right before a boss fight and choose to spend time with her this would most likely lead to a "profile" H-Scene)
I've got to admit this project is ticking a lot of my boxes, actual game design principles being used, monster girls, interactive H, not purely H but actual story as well as most games with interactive H are just H with no.... soul I guess.

Just had a look though your links and I've got to say I love your increasing patreon tiers by x2, nice, the hair highlights on Abs is making me think Titanium.

I don't know you but so far everything your saying is top stuff IMHO, makes me genuinely consider supporting fully as not only does everything you say about your first game appeal to me I can't help but wonder what your fledgling studio could produce long term after its matured fully, but this is the internet and you could just be talking a good game, no offense intended.

AstroKaen

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2020
I fully understand why people use Patreon both as creators and consumers, At one point I was supporting 17 different creators, then Breeding seasons happened and I started paying closer attention, noticed a few dev's that seemed to milk it, earning enough to higher some help but refusing to do so because the project was their "baby" while learning everything mid production, which while fair does kill motivation to support them.

Now I do one off donations to projects that catch my attention and/or update consistently but repeated donations are a no go for the most part, I will be doing a donation for this project after payday as I do want to see more.
Just learned how to do the Multi-Quote thing haha. No worries I fully understand your position. I never understood why when developers make a lot on Patreon they don't bring on more people to actually start forming something substantial. Patreon isn't going to last forever and I don't plan to rely on it forever but as a starting block it's wonderful.

Also thank you so much for donating! Every little bit counts right now I'm paying for everything out of my own pocket and some members of the team are working off of dreams so this really means a lot!

Ha, cool you think so, its really unrefined idea though, there's just an interesting juxtapose with a "strong/deadly" Metal being shy and meek.
Oh yeah it's a nice little premise that I like and a fun idea I definitely can expand on it more.

Well that is much higher level then my "training" so I'll leave the software design to the literal expert :p, also inspires some real confidence in your ability to make this a real game.

My experience with programming consists mainly of making a CLASS called "Mean" calling that CLASS with "Maen" and being unable to find the problem for 6+ hours because I'm reading "Maen" as "Mean", fuck dyslexia.
Hahaha thanks for the compliment! Yeah since I'm a Programmer Lead (To explain the term usually the person who comes up with the game idea is the Lead. Most of the time games are Art Leads so they make a game that matches their strengths, that's where most of the Visual Novels and RPGM games come from) I really wanted to to put a lot of thought into the "Game" aspect itself because that's just my strength. I decided the best course of expanding the story would be to skip open world and do a Visual Novel progression to keep the story moving forward. (Open World is easily over scope for a small studio like the one I formed.) I wanted combat we actually had combat done but we couldn't find any 3D Artist who could work on it to make it good so that's what pushed us back, I since made the decision to transfer over to 2D but still using the system that we made for it and so far I think it's turned out well. But I can go on and on about game design and my thought process and decision making about Melting Point so far the almost year I've been working on it.

But now Class "Mean" I remember those days! Hahaha don't worry it never changes, me and one of the other developers spent 3 hours trying to fix a critical bug in this demo just to turn out it was because I forgot the "R" in one of classes so it wasn't being picked up.

Ha, that's something we have in common as the original Feel the Flash was the first H-game I played, I was always a bit disappointed that there wasn't more games like it, the fact you want to do that for the attendant feature is an A++ from me.
Oh sweet! Yeah had a lot of fun times playing that one. That is our plan for the attendant 100% though by the time the game's done you might be able to click literally every single part of their body to cause something to happen hahaha.

Nice, some pacing and variation is definitely a good thing, kind oi disapointing when every character in a game is a clone/recolor, everyone has H-cup breasts and is always horny gets old quick.
That, that right there. I didn't want to just have a H-Delivery device ya know? So far every single one of the girls is varied, different personalities, different ways you have to engage with them. Like with Tin she's reserved so you have to treat her kind of delicately. But I promise you there's a girl if you try to act that way with her you'll only piss her off haha.

I can see the "noble" Metals being more reserved, especially since Gold was referred to as "royalty", so thinking in CK3 terms Gold = Queen, Silver = Duchess, Copper? = Countess or something a but less on the nose of fantasy tropes I wonder.
We'll definitely be exploring Gold more in Act 2 in the game when she becomes available. Silver and Copper we actually took different approaches instead of making the "nobles" all royalty. Good news is Silver is in Act 1 of the game so we'll be exploring her fairly soon!

I've got to admit this project is ticking a lot of my boxes, actual game design principles being used, monster girls, interactive H, not purely H but actual story as well as most games with interactive H are just H with no.... soul I guess.

Just had a look though your links and I've got to say I love your increasing patreon tiers by x2, nice, the hair highlights on Abs is making me think Titanium.

I don't know you but so far everything your saying is top stuff IMHO, makes me genuinely consider supporting fully as not only does everything you say about your first game appeal to me I can't help but wonder what your fledgling studio could produce long term after its matured fully, but this is the internet and you could just be talking a good game, no offense intended.
I'm really excited that you're so interested! This has also been a very good conversation I've been enjoying it.

Looks like someone knows their Metals haha.

Oh and no worries, I don't take any offense at all as a new face it's only natural I'll have to show everyone what we can do and accomplish. It's show not tell for a reason, that's the reason I strive for quality because if you're gonna show something might as well show your best (even though this is a tech demo and definitely not at our best LOL). But I'm really thankful that you would even consider full support after your feelings about the matter earlier thank you so much! I didn't say it earlier but even if you decide to support now or later after you see more, even just telling others about the project does a world of good for a small start-up and just having your personal support motivates me to keep going. I'm not just making a game there's no point of making the game if only 1 person enjoys it and as long as there's people out there who are actually waiting and want to see this project come to life I'll happily keep putting my own money down to make it come to life. I mean I already got this far with my funds alone.

JesterHell

Jun 2, 2017
Just learned how to do the Multi-Quote thing haha. No worries I fully understand your position. I never understood why when developers make a lot on Patreon they don't bring on more people to actually start forming something substantial. Patreon isn't going to last forever and I don't plan to rely on it forever but as a starting block it's wonderful.

Also thank you so much for donating! Every little bit counts right now I'm paying for everything out of my own pocket and some members of the team are working off of dreams so this really means a lot!
I can kind of understand why somepeople don't want to expand, takes you from a dev roll to a management roll, but its doesn't give people a reason to donate past a base level as their no return on the extra investment.

Oh yeah it's a nice little premise that I like and a fun idea I definitely can expand on it more.
Nice, glad you think there is something there.

Hahaha thanks for the compliment! Yeah since I'm a Programmer Lead (To explain the term usually the person who comes up with the game idea is the Lead. Most of the time games are Art Leads so they make a game that matches their strengths, that's where most of the Visual Novels and RPGM games come from) I really wanted to to put a lot of thought into the "Game" aspect itself because that's just my strength. I decided the best course of expanding the story would be to skip open world and do a Visual Novel progression to keep the story moving forward. (Open World is easily over scope for a small studio like the one I formed.) I wanted combat we actually had combat done but we couldn't find any 3D Artist who could work on it to make it good so that's what pushed us back, I since made the decision to transfer over to 2D but still using the system that we made for it and so far I think it's turned out well. But I can go on and on about game design and my thought process and decision making about Melting Point so far the almost year I've been working on it.
Good choice with the open world, while I love my open world RPG's its obvious that they're hard as TES and CP 2077 show even with millions of dollars in budget its easy to bite off more then you can chew, definitely not the best starting point for a indie dev.

But now Class "Mean" I remember those days! Hahaha don't worry it never changes, me and one of the other developers spent 3 hours trying to fix a critical bug in this demo just to turn out it was because I forgot the "R" in one of classes so it wasn't being picked up.
Yeah, at one point I literally cried when I finally found a problem, partially from the joy that I'd fix'd it and could go to sleep but also despair that it had been such a minor mistake that keep me up until 4:30am.

I have been looking at going back and finishing the cert as I had to leave half way though as Mom got cancer, since my Sister is a single working mom of 2 and my Brother lives and works on the other side of the country I was the only one that could take on the carer roll, then covid hit.

Oh sweet! Yeah had a lot of fun times playing that one. That is our plan for the attendant 100% though by the time the game's done you might be able to click literally every single part of their body to cause something to happen hahaha.
While I love the idea of such high fidelity in the attendant feature it might be best not to put some idea out on the open internet as some people will take a "might" as a solemn oath and lose their marbles if it doesn't pan out.

Tynan Sylvester the Dev of Rimworld explained that this is why he doesn't like talking about plans and/or feature ideas, inevitably someone reads it as a promise.

That, that right there. I didn't want to just have a H-Delivery device ya know? So far every single one of the girls is varied, different personalities, different ways you have to engage with them. Like with Tin she's reserved so you have to treat her kind of delicately. But I promise you there's a girl if you try to act that way with her you'll only piss her off haha.
Definitely, there is 101 ways to get pure H, to make your version standout from the mass requires something novel, like living Metal's and a "feel the flash" mechanic within a contiguous story.

My guess is Titanium again, as a high melting point Metal Titanium would be a front line soldier who'd been in the worst of it, seen many comrades die, being reserved and hesitant when the magma bolt(?) with her or MC's name on it could come at any moment is just wasting time that could be spent bonding.

We'll definitely be exploring Gold more in Act 2 in the game when she becomes available. Silver and Copper we actually took different approaches instead of making the "nobles" all royalty. Good news is Silver is in Act 1 of the game so we'll be exploring her fairly soon!
Nice to hear about Silver and Copper, its was a immediate go to on the concept of nobility but because its so obvious its seemed too on the nose.

Other points of interest for Copper and Silver are Coppers use in electronics so a technician or engineer role would fit conceptually as an "attendant" to MC's "strengthening" roll while Silvers anti-bacterial properties would lend her well to medical roll as a doctor or nurse, making her a good "attendant" to MC's medical roll.

I'm really excited that you're so interested! This has also been a very good conversation I've been enjoying it.
As have I, its really nice to talk to a Dev that has clear ideas about what they want to achieve and how they want to go about achieving it.

Looks like someone knows their Metals haha.
Haha, not really, she could have been bismuth, but Bismuth is more iridescent with a lower slighter higher melting point then Tin so wouldn't fit the "fit" body, Bismuth seems more like a bubbly school girl type, "Titanium you're like, such a downer ya like, know right?"

Oh and no worries, I don't take any offense at all as a new face it's only natural I'll have to show everyone what we can do and accomplish. It's show not tell for a reason, that's the reason I strive for quality because if you're gonna show something might as well show your best (even though this is a tech demo and definitely not at our best LOL). But I'm really thankful that you would even consider full support after your feelings about the matter earlier thank you so much! I didn't say it earlier but even if you decide to support now or later after you see more, even just telling others about the project does a world of good for a small start-up and just having your personal support motivates me to keep going. I'm not just making a game there's no point of making the game if only 1 person enjoys it and as long as there's people out there who are actually waiting and want to see this project come to life I'll happily keep putting my own money down to make it come to life. I mean I already got this far with my funds alone.
Yeah, my old man always stressed that no matter what you choose to do in life you should endeavor to do it well.

Having passion enough to fund its development yourself if needed is a good sign, reminds me of the Dwarf Fortress Dev's their stance has always been that they'd develop it regardless of support but donations allow them to do it full time as their job as opposed to a part time hobby.

Last edited:

AstroKaen

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2020
I can kind of understand why somepeople don't want to expand, takes you from a dev roll to a management roll, but its doesn't give people a reason to donate past a base level as their no return on the extra investment.
I guess that's right, but if this is your living you should still at least plan for If your main source of income isn't viable anymore at least

Good choice with the open world, while I love my open world RPG's its obvious that they're hard as TES and CP 2077 show even with millions of dollars in budget its easy to bite off more then you can chew, definitely not the best starting point for a indie dev.
That's a fact.

Yeah, at one point I literally cried when I finally found a problem, partially from the joy that I'd fix'd it and could go to sleep but also despair that it had been such a minor mistake that keep me up until 4:30am.

I have been looking at going back and finishing the cert as I had to leave half way though as Mom got cancer, since my Sister is a single working mom of 2 and my Brother lives and works on the other side of the country I was the only one that could take on the carer roll, then covid hit.
I'm really sorry about your Mom. Hopefully covid is over soon so we can at least get some sort of normalcy back in all of our lives. I'm wishing you the best!

While I love the idea of such high fidelity in the attendant feature it might be best not to put some idea out on the open internet as some people will take a "might" as a solemn oath and lose their marbles if it doesn't pan out.

Tynan Sylvester the Dev of Rimworld explained that this is why he doesn't like talking about plans and/or feature ideas, inevitably someone reads it as a promise.
Ah yeah you're right I need to watch out for that.

Definitely, there is 101 ways to get pure H, to make your version standout from the mass requires something novel, like living Metal's and a "feel the flash" mechanic within a contiguous story.

My guess is Titanium again, as a high melting point Metal Titanium would be a front line soldier who'd been in the worst of it, seen many comrades die, being reserved and hesitant when the magma bolt(?) with her or MC's name on it could come at any moment is just wasting time that could be spent bonding.
Now I can't speak anymore on that spoilers lol.

Nice to hear about Silver and Copper, its was a immediate go to on the concept of nobility but because its so obvious its seemed too on the nose.

Other points of interest for Copper and Silver are Coppers use in electronics so a technician or engineer role would fit conceptually as an "attendant" to MC's "strengthening" roll while Silvers anti-bacterial properties would lend her well to medical roll as a doctor or nurse, making her a good "attendant" to MC's medical roll.
Can't speak anymore on this as well spoilers :D.

Haha, not really, she could have been bismuth, but Bismuth is more iridescent with a lower slighter higher melting point then Tin so wouldn't fit the "fit" body, Bismuth seems more like a bubbly school girl type, "Titanium you're like, such a downer ya like, know right?"
Super fun personality type.

Yeah, my old man always stressed that no matter what you choose to do in life you should endeavor to do it well.

Having passion enough to fund its development yourself if needed is a good sign, reminds me of the Dwarf Fortress Dev's their stance has always been that they'd develop it regardless of support but donations allow them to do it full time as their job as opposed to a part time hobby.
Your old man was right, never leave a job half finished.

JesterHell

Jun 2, 2017
I guess that's right, but if this is your living you should still at least plan for If your main source of income isn't viable anymore at least
I know and agree, its just a can understand why someone wouldn't want to take that step into management, Tarn Adam the Dev of Dwarf Fortress had this reasoning for not expanding, until the American healthcare system forced him to get a publisher and go commercial.

I'm really sorry about your Mom. Hopefully covid is over soon so we can at least get some sort of normalcy back in all of our lives. I'm wishing you the best!
Thanks, she is doing well and has completed both chemo and Radiation, still in the recovery phase but everything looks clear in the last check up, got another one in a little over a month.

Covid fucked everybody over in some sense, well everyone except the super rich, I hoped it would help humanity get over some of its issue and come together but that was just wishful thinking.

Ah yeah you're right I need to watch out for that.
Yes, unfortunately your enthusiasm for the project can backfire.

Now I can't speak anymore on that spoilers lol.

Can't speak anymore on this as well spoilers :D.
All cool, don't want to ruin the whole story by revealing to much to soon. :cool:

Also as above don't want to "promise" a personality type/character and have people get upset. :rolleyes:

Super fun personality type.
I've always found that arch type to be a tightrope between entertaining and irritating, a hard balance to maintain IMHO.

Your old man was right, never leave a job half finished.
As I've learned in adulthood after the teenage "I Know Everything" confidence subsided.

Anyway should probably leave this thread to more game pertinent discussions, I'm looking forward to what comes next and will talk to you on MP Discord channel. :D

• Red Heart