huitman

Nov 26, 2021
Okay, here list of all backgrounds and all other important stuff from character creation part.
  • noble scion - just a lot of money
  • former courtesan - medium funds +1 Charisma +2 Guild Progressives +2 Guild Traditionalists
  • grifter - medium funds +1 Charisma +1 Perception +1 affinity Old Watch
  • street thug - low funds +3 melee +1 Athletics +1 Perception +1 affinity to Iron Cartel
  • cultist - low funds +3 spirit bonus +2 affinity to Three Moons
  • corp floater - medium funds +2 technology +1 affinity to The Board
  • mercenary - medium funds +2 melee +2 range +1 Athletics +2 affinity to The Stormbreakers
Factions / Groups / Clans
  • Progressives - hates Traditionalists
  • Traditionalists - hates Progressives
  • Iron Cartel - hates Stormbreakers and The Old Watch
  • Stormbreakers - hates Iron Cartel
  • Three Moons - hates The Board and Traveler's Mandate
  • Traveler's Mandate - hates Three Moons
  • The Old Watch - hates Iron Cartel and The Board
  • The Board - hates Three Moons and The Old Watch
Class -- what it feels like -- Most important stat -- talent bonus
  • Shaper -- wizard -- spirit -- +1 Charisma
  • Soldier -- Fighter -- melee or ranged -- +1 Athletics
  • Support -- healer -- everything -- +1 Technology
  • Vigilante -- rogue -- melee or ranged -- +1 Perception
In the end you can take +2 bonus to Athletics/Perception/Charisma/Technology

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

riadhloch

Jul 1, 2018
Neat though im more interested in what backgrounds have actual unique content and how much of it.
All of the backgrounds have the opportunity for unique dialogue and some unique options, and it's spread liberally throughout the game. This means there are some rewards for replay by choosing different backgrounds.

Reactions: BanditoMarito

Sordos

Aug 17, 2017
All of the backgrounds have the opportunity for unique dialogue and some unique options, and it's spread liberally throughout the game. This means there are some rewards for replay by choosing different backgrounds.
That's just the marketing speech, what im after is cold, hard facts aka just how much _exactly_ is there unique content/dialogue options for different backgrounds.
Just curious if the dev actually kept track of them and if so it'd be interesting to know.

AlliebuttDK

Jun 8, 2021
Hey, hey. I've been reading some of the comments in regards to genital and sprite being separate which is cool, but I was wondering if it's intentional that the characters still refer to you as male despite having a feminine sprite seeing you as a man if you have a dick. Is that intentional? I noticed even people outside of the guild does it, so I figured it wasn't just because the guild was hard on cracking down on what makes you a man, and what makes you a woman. Is it because the setting itself defines gender based on genitals, or is it just overlooked?

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
So are the sex scenes mainly pixel or not?
They're mainly pixel. There's a few anime-esque CGs, and some 3d animations, but those are rare.

Hmm, art has a striking resemblance to the game Uni
We have the same artist.

Isnt it ironic and hypocritical to not be able to be courtesan with a penis? So much for being progressive.
It's explained in-game.

That's just the marketing speech, what im after is cold, hard facts aka just how much _exactly_ is there unique content/dialogue options for different backgrounds.
Just curious if the dev actually kept track of them and if so it'd be interesting to know.
I do track them, but unfortunately not in a way that's easy to bring up. There should be a dozen or so story checks where your background changes the text, some NPCs have slight variations to how they greet you, and there are some rare occasions where your background plays a mechanical part (being able to bypass a ATH/PER/CHA/TEC check usually).

Is this still just a demo?
No, game's finished.

Hey, hey. I've been reading some of the comments in regards to genital and sprite being separate which is cool, but I was wondering if it's intentional that the characters still refer to you as male despite having a feminine sprite seeing you as a man if you have a dick. Is that intentional? I noticed even people outside of the guild does it, so I figured it wasn't just because the guild was hard on cracking down on what makes you a man, and what makes you a woman. Is it because the setting itself defines gender based on genitals, or is it just overlooked?
The game started off with just a male playable character and I did a poor job of planning ahead of time, so I had to go back and add scripting for every pronoun. The easiest and fastest way was to tie it to your anatomy choice. So everyone in the world psychically knows what's in your pants.

For my next game I will take a different approach.

AlliebuttDK

Jun 8, 2021
They're mainly pixel. There's a few anime-esque CGs, and some 3d animations, but those are rare.

We have the same artist.

It's explained in-game.

I do track them, but unfortunately not in a way that's easy to bring up. There should be a dozen or so story checks where your background changes the text, some NPCs have slight variations to how they greet you, and there are some rare occasions where your background plays a mechanical part (being able to bypass a ATH/PER/CHA/TEC check usually).

No, game's finished.

The game started off with just a male playable character and I did a poor job of planning ahead of time, so I had to go back and add scripting for every pronoun. The easiest and fastest way was to tie it to your anatomy choice. So everyone in the world psychically knows what's in your pants.

For my next game I will take a different approach.
Glad to hear you're taking a different approach next time, since being able to be trans in a cyperpunk setting just makes a ton of sense compared to some other settings. I'll have to go back and make a puss-puss character then though, since I'm fairly early in the game anyways. Rather be referred to as a woman, than having the luxury of playing as a trans woman with the wrong pronouns.

On a separate note, thanks for the fast reply. Kinda stopped playing, since I didn't want to continue in case I had to make a new character like I sorta expected I would have to.

Reactions: jimmyjenkins

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
Are there any plans (for your next installment) to make the combat a little more challenging? between the party size and the huge amount of skill and equipment modification combinations, the combat becomes quickly redundant and just feels irksome.

BOH56

May 27, 2017
Sooo, is there anyway to up the movement speed? Its...really really slow, the dash speed is slower than other games' walking speed.

Like, the movement is just painful...

Also, is there any way to timeskip other than the bed? Cause I can't even consistently use the bed to skip time

Last edited:

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
Are there any plans (for your next installment) to make the combat a little more challenging? between the party size and the huge amount of skill and equipment modification combinations, the combat becomes quickly redundant and just feels irksome.
Yes, so combat wasn't a main focus for Memoirs and I decided to go for fun factor rather than challenge.

For my next game I will be including new difficulty options, and most importantly, a completely rebuilt combat system.

I'm kind of a munchkin when it comes to RPGs, so the hard difficulty will be (hopefully) very hard.

I found some overlooked typos and grammatical errors
Awesome, thanks. Feedback like this really helps. I'll put these on the fix list.

Sooo, is there anyway to up the movement speed? Its...really really slow, the dash speed is slower than other games' walking speed.

Like, the movement is just painful...

Also, is there any way to timeskip other than the bed? Cause I can't even consistently use the bed to skip time
You can rest at locations in the overworld to skip time.

Also I think I did that thing where I fixed half the problem. I heard people hated the overworld travel speed, which I added a function to speed up. I'll do the same for regular walking.

Reactions: FireOgon

IFortheGloryn

Feb 2, 2020
No, game's finished.
wait, how much finished?I mean last time that I played I saw a few things like "we are planning add this in the future" besides a few skills from the skill tree looked a lot unreacheable so I thought maybe would still have something more added in the future.

Yes, so combat wasn't a main focus for Memoirs and I decided to go for fun factor rather than challenge.
really? the most interesting part of this game for me was the combat system.

Reactions: Bloodguard

Baralover001

Nov 21, 2017
You can also create an all male only harem in this game right and you can also manage an all male brothel in this game right?

Baralover001

Nov 21, 2017
Why can't I play this game there is a type error that's always appearing everytime I tried to run the game on joiplay

3.70 star(s) 17 Votes