Pyksies

The Fae Agenda
Game Developer
Jul 22, 2020
No, there is no picture mod for MERCANOID. If someone had gone to the effort of doing such a thing, I would've contacted them as soon as possible to collaborate.

Cloud73

Feb 7, 2018
I really enjoyed playing this game. While I've been seeing plenty of fetish games around recently, your set-up and writing hits a lot of the right notes. The mind control and pregnancy fetish material were right up my alley and well done.

Great work!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Pyksies

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Looks like crafting is bugged.
With the right parts, a Core Booster could be added in order to slightly improve firepower, increasing damage by +1.

This would require:
2 Bits (have 5), 2 Mats (have 5), 1 Tek (have 4)...
And 2 Handiwork skill (have 2).
Install — Insufficient Handiwork skill.
2 handiwork is somehow not equal to 2?

Pyksies

The Fae Agenda
Game Developer
Jul 22, 2020
Looks like crafting is bugged.

2 handiwork is somehow not equal to 2?
That's odd, I'm looking at the scripting for modding the Arm Cannon, and it's all matching up. Are you sure you're on the latest version? I seem to recall there was an oversight with this specific weapon in an earlier version.

Edit: Whoops, not only was there another little oversight in the Mats requirement, but it looks like I plain forgot to upload 1.0.8 anywhere. I'll do that now.

Edit Edit: Thank you for the report! I've pushed 1.0.8 out on Itch.io, doing so for Newgrounds now. Downloads from MEGA and Mediafire are done, everything else wanted me to upgrade for some reason aaaaand I ain't doing that. ♥

Last edited:

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
One suggestion I would make is to enable moving with WASD instead of just clicking the arrows with the mouse.

Edit: We can move with arrow-keys ,but that isn't useful since we have to switch our right-hand from mouse to keyboard for that, it'd be easier to just click the arrows with the mouse.

Combat is already done with ASDF and Space shortcuts, so it makes sense to allow movement to be done left-handed too.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Welp, just beat the game. Shorter than I hoped and I'm sure I missed stuff, but just off the cuff, some stats feel underused.

I don't remember needing a single athletics check, Lift showed up twice, diplomacy twice (but in both cases had nothing to do with diplomacy, instead being based on listening to people who couldn't speak clearly)

Acrobatics was useful, Handiwork was useful for gun upgrades.

Oh, I never did find out what sexiness and intimidation were for (gained via armour)
I might have missed a toolkit there though.

Basically, it feels like you could easily sink all of your points into skills that never come up.
A problem that old CRPGs used to have.

I distinctly remember the shadowrun games had some skill/equtiqette choices that procc'ed once per playthrough.

I didn't have much issue here, but I beelined crafting and acrobatics.

I would have liked being able to upgrade subweapons too, but NBD.

Pyksies

The Fae Agenda
Game Developer
Jul 22, 2020
MERCANOID is a short, free game to test out my RPG framework. Its limited setting and scope made it difficult to include meaningful examples of everything, as the framework was made for larger games. However, I started working on MERCANOID as a method of testing and developing a port and further iteration of my framework from Quest5 to Twine, and I had enough of it done that it felt a shame not to finish it.

Every skill in the game is represented somewhere, but I wasn't able to fit in as many as I wanted - they'll be more relevant in larger games, but I'm fiddling with a simplified version of the framework for future games of this smaller scope as a result. Sexiness and Intimidation, in particular, didn't make it into MERCANOID in any fashion but an unused stat; they're intended for social dynamics in larger games.

Subweapons not being upgradeable was a conscious scope decision for the sake of my sanity.

youraccount69

Dec 30, 2020
MERCANOID-1.0.8
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Every skill in the game is represented somewhere, but I wasn't able to fit in as many as I wanted
I don't suppose you remember where Survival skills are used? I genuinely don't remember it coming up a single time.

Pyksies

The Fae Agenda
Game Developer
Jul 22, 2020
I don't suppose you remember where Survival skills are used? I genuinely don't remember it coming up a single time.
Survival in MERCANOID is an automatic trigger for a couple of encounters that, if passed upon entering a dangerous area, warns you of said danger before you engage it. It warns you about the first boss (Gulper) and it avoids a Focus loss against the Trapmaw, an optional 'trap' encounter that's guarding some loot and a sidequest objective in one of the side rooms of the northern sector. (Without it, Mio falls in, noticing it too late.)

In future games with more varied settings and scenarios, skills will have a greater opportunity to have their breadth put to good use. There wasn't much call for Survival in an atmospherically sealed moon outpost, these skills were made for my framework, not specifically for MERCANOID.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Survival in MERCANOID is an automatic trigger for a couple of encounters that, if passed upon entering a dangerous area, warns you of said danger before you engage it. It warns you about the first boss (Gulper) and it avoids a Focus loss against the Trapmaw, an optional 'trap' encounter that's guarding some loot and a sidequest objective in one of the side rooms of the northern sector. (Without it, Mio falls in, noticing it too late.)
Oh, it's passive instead of being something that you choose to roll like Lift or Diplomacy?
That explains why I don't remember seeing it.

4.90 star(s) 26 Votes