Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
im not into ntr, but its a kink alot of people are into, so long you explain everything right and tell us from the start how the ntr is, most people wont have a problem. good luck with your project.
Thank you for the helpful suggestions! I doubt it'll be the end of hearing about NTR, as it pops up often. But hopefully the updated OP warning will be more crystal clear with it's explanation for both parties who enjoy and dislike said content.

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
is everything in the update consists of placeholder scenes?
The only art related assets that are still placeholder are some cg scene locations. To be honest right now there is about 5 (plus 5 variation versions) seen during day 5. Then one seen on day 17.

We've had issues in the past sadly with our cg art and still running into some issues recently, this month we're doing some behind the scenes work to judge how to proceed with cg art moving forward. To keep it simple, this month is a "test" for our cg artist to see if they're really going to work out long term for us or not.

We have another artist lined up in case said "test" doesn't seem too promising, either to simply take over their spot or possibly help with the work load. Either way, we're very aware of our lack in cg art and want to proceed carefully before we go all out, only to find ourselves in a bad situation another month or two down the line.

Right now we're currently in the middle of paying off our music producer on the last 3 tracks. So October would be our month to push cg art forward and really begin to see 4+ cg scenes added and more variety. (aka not like the day 5 ones)

Pooploser64

Dec 29, 2019
The only art related assets that are still placeholder are some cg scene locations. To be honest right now there is about 5 (plus 5 variation versions) seen during day 5. Then one seen on day 17.

We've had issues in the past sadly with our cg art and still running into some issues recently, this month we're doing some behind the scenes work to judge how to proceed with cg art moving forward. To keep it simple, this month is a "test" for our cg artist to see if they're really going to work out long term for us or not.

We have another artist lined up in case said "test" doesn't seem too promising, either to simply take over their spot or possibly help with the work load. Either way, we're very aware of our lack in cg art and want to proceed carefully before we go all out, only to find ourselves in a bad situation another month or two down the line.

Right now we're currently in the middle of paying off our music producer on the last 3 tracks. So October would be our month to push cg art forward and really begin to see 4+ cg scenes added and more variety. (aka not like the day 5 ones)
Goddamn you have an entire team of people for this project?! Most people only have themselves working on this type of thing but I suppose that explains why the updates are so frequent!

Last edited:
Reactions: Messy Studios

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
Would it be possible to have a android version like with Sofia's Secret?
We'd actually really like the idea of supporting the game for at least android, but possibly also iphone. (It's just that sadly I lack any knowledge with mac/apple software to officially ensure things work. We're lucky one of our supporters was kind enough to help with a mac fix, mini guide.)

I think if I recall, the big thing holding us back from android support right now is to ensure the game once packaged up as a .apk, if it'll run right or if we'll have to make a special version of the game with different gui settings, etc. We'd also like to get browser support going as well, it's just sadly a little too much for me with my limited time personally. Since I handle writing and the engine stuff currently, but once we have music paid off next month and get a good footing on cg art moving forward. I'd like to hire on a programmer who could help out on the engine work load.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Pooploser64

Pooploser64

Dec 29, 2019
We'd actually really like the idea of supporting the game for at least android, but possibly also iphone. (It's just that sadly I lack any knowledge with mac/apple software to officially ensure things work. We're lucky one of our supporters was kind enough to help with a mac fix, mini guide.)

I think if I recall, the big thing holding us back from android support right now is to ensure the game once packaged up as a .apk, if it'll run right or if we'll have to make a special version of the game with different gui settings, etc. We'd also like to get browser support going as well, it's just sadly a little too much for me with my limited time personally. Since I handle writing and the engine stuff currently, but once we have music paid off next month and get a good footing on cg art moving forward. I'd like to hire on a programmer who could help out on the engine work load.
Well that doesn’t sound like a no to me! :D

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
is every scene on place holder? i couldnt get a single scene in my playthrough...
CG art has been our one weak point sadly, right now the only finished cg art in the game shows up during day 5 sec 3. To keep it simple, we're in the middle of sorting things out behind the scenes so that as we move into October and beyond. We can push for 3-4+ cg scenes per update.

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
played through all routes and some interesting stuff going on, liking all the routes so far
Very happy to hear! ^^

I'd like to get around to applying some light adjustment fixes to the routes, mainly Nova, Juliet and Rachel on some light stuff. Mostly related to their the ending areas of their part 1's. Nothing too serious, but just some light changing to help make the events feel more fitting. One of the bigger adjustments would be expanding more on Nova's
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
Added this post to the OP, we're celebrating our 1 year anniversary since we've released update 0.01. It's open for both our supporter and non supporting fans.

Reactions: Pooploser64

Pooploser64

Dec 29, 2019
Added this post to the OP, we're celebrating our 1 year anniversary since we've released update 0.01. It's open for both our supporter and non supporting fans.

I knew it would be a interesting read! Granted it’s not as interesting of a read as the game itself but I wasn’t really expecting it to be!

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
So a minor update to expect for Messy Academy with Update 0.14 possibly, but it might not be in the game until update 0.15.

Due to a lot of thought and consideration, talking with our supporters and engaging with them. We have decided that with how little NTR/cheating content there is in our game. That it would be for the best for everyone overall if we removed NTR/cheating elements in the game completely. No avoiding or optional choices, simply and fully remove any aspects that are considered NTR/cheating.

It feels like even if we don't receive more support or even just more new fans from removing said content. It would benefit at least those who currently do support us and actively play the game.

With this said, we have three things that would need to be fixed up to ensure the NTR/cheating elements are fully removed.

(1) Bridget - Her content luckily only has about 2 areas that feel like they need fixed up to remove the elements. Those areas are day 6 sec 2. (Fixing some dialogue in the locker room with her) Day 8 sec 1. (fixing some dialogue with her and Joey/Nathan, along with removing the end part where Joey stays behind with her, etc.) Day 15 sec 3. (Removing a brief dialogue that brings up the previous events.)

(2) Lola - Her content is where most work will be. We will also have to change some aspects about her personal story to something fitting still that doesn't have said NTR/cheating elements invovled. She has roughly 5 areas that need fixed up before stuff should be good. Day 8 sec 3 (some dialogue that might feel too flirty towards Joey?) Day 12 sec 1 (changing some of the scenario, not having her magically show up from under John's desk implying something and some dialogue mentions that feel out of place.) Day 13 sec 2 (removing the reward that includes Joey, so some minor adjusting of that scenario area.) Day 15 sec 1. (Might not be anything here during the festival, but double checking the dialogue of things going on.) Lola's route part 1. (Removal of some ending content with this area.)

We won't go into great detail what fitting changes will be made to Lola's personal story to make things feel fitting, but it won't involve the NTR/cheating elements.

Our goal moving forward is to not have NTR/cheating in the game. With this in mind, we are still going to be on the look out for troll posts "Don't bother NTR." or simple attempts at trying to misguide or give misinformation of the game to anyone new that might possibly be interested isn't what we wish to see. We will begin to report those posts once this update that removes said elements is open to the public.

We will accept feedback if it is done correctly, as we're only human and sometimes we might have something small with dialogue that feels odd as if it might be trying to be NTR. But we are not going out of our way to do that, so if there is an area in the game that does have something that feels off. Please let us know in a helpful feedback manner "Hey when I reached day 8 sec 3 the dialogue between Lola and Joey felt like she was being way too flirty with Joey, it clearly feels like something more than just normal dialogue." That gives us an idea where to look, double check and ask ourselves if it really does need some fixing or not based on their next scenario with said character or how things feel moving forward too.

I know NTR definition varies, we're aware that some people will cry that even having any other male characters around in the game is NTR. Or if a love interest even dares to talk to or say something to one of the other male characters it's suddenly NTR. These kind of extreme cases are quite honestly so damn childish.

There's a difference between love interest clearly going out of their way to be flirty, secretly touching someone else, etc. That isn't what I'm talking about above. We're purely talking about netorare/NTR. The act of a love interest going out of their way to cheat on the protag. Characters in MA will not go out of their way to be flirty or trying to imply that they're secretly out to cause the protag emotional stress or anything on that level, they're not implied to be off screen doing anything.

That is how netorare/NTR seems to be commonly seen as "Distress from having the protag's love interest or lover cheat with someone else. The act of cheating with someone else other than the protag and focusing on the emotional/thoughts of the protag from the act of their love interest or lover cheating." Again, the definition varies. But the main results of google will result in this sort of definition mentioned, nothing deeper than that.

So keep that in mind as we move forward with our removal of NTR/cheating elements in Messy Academy with possibly update 0.14 or update 0.15. We will let everyone know publicly which update fully removes said elements.

Levitikan

Sep 9, 2018
it's a shame, but if most people are put off by it then that's fair enough, was kinda hoping seeing more of lolas route and the interaction with john was rather intriguing and added an interesting story element. maybe another character not involved with the player can pick up where she leaves off

Pooploser64

Dec 29, 2019
So a minor update to expect for Messy Academy with Update 0.14 possibly, but it might not be in the game until update 0.15.

Due to a lot of thought and consideration, talking with our supporters and engaging with them. We have decided that with how little NTR/cheating content there is in our game. That it would be for the best for everyone overall if we removed NTR/cheating elements in the game completely. No avoiding or optional choices, simply and fully remove any aspects that are considered NTR/cheating.

It feels like even if we don't receive more support or even just more new fans from removing said content. It would benefit at least those who currently do support us and actively play the game.

With this said, we have three things that would need to be fixed up to ensure the NTR/cheating elements are fully removed.

(1) Bridget - Her content luckily only has about 2 areas that feel like they need fixed up to remove the elements. Those areas are day 6 sec 2. (Fixing some dialogue in the locker room with her) Day 8 sec 1. (fixing some dialogue with her and Joey/Nathan, along with removing the end part where Joey stays behind with her, etc.) Day 15 sec 3. (Removing a brief dialogue that brings up the previous events.)

(2) Lola - Her content is where most work will be. We will also have to change some aspects about her personal story to something fitting still that doesn't have said NTR/cheating elements invovled. She has roughly 5 areas that need fixed up before stuff should be good. Day 8 sec 3 (some dialogue that might feel too flirty towards Joey?) Day 12 sec 1 (changing some of the scenario, not having her magically show up from under John's desk implying something and some dialogue mentions that feel out of place.) Day 13 sec 2 (removing the reward that includes Joey, so some minor adjusting of that scenario area.) Day 15 sec 1. (Might not be anything here during the festival, but double checking the dialogue of things going on.) Lola's route part 1. (Removal of some ending content with this area.)

We won't go into great detail what fitting changes will be made to Lola's personal story to make things feel fitting, but it won't involve the NTR/cheating elements.

Our goal moving forward is to not have NTR/cheating in the game. With this in mind, we are still going to be on the look out for troll posts "Don't bother NTR." or simple attempts at trying to misguide or give misinformation of the game to anyone new that might possibly be interested isn't what we wish to see. We will begin to report those posts once this update that removes said elements is open to the public.

We will accept feedback if it is done correctly, as we're only human and sometimes we might have something small with dialogue that feels odd as if it might be trying to be NTR. But we are not going out of our way to do that, so if there is an area in the game that does have something that feels off. Please let us know in a helpful feedback manner "Hey when I reached day 8 sec 3 the dialogue between Lola and Joey felt like she was being way too flirty with Joey, it clearly feels like something more than just normal dialogue." That gives us an idea where to look, double check and ask ourselves if it really does need some fixing or not based on their next scenario with said character or how things feel moving forward too.

I know NTR definition varies, we're aware that some people will cry that even having any other male characters around in the game is NTR. Or if a love interest even dares to talk to or say something to one of the other male characters it's suddenly NTR. These kind of extreme cases are quite honestly so damn childish.

There's a difference between love interest clearly going out of their way to be flirty, secretly touching someone else, etc. That isn't what I'm talking about above. We're purely talking about netorare/NTR. The act of a love interest going out of their way to cheat on the protag. Characters in MA will not go out of their way to be flirty or trying to imply that they're secretly out to cause the protag emotional stress or anything on that level, they're not implied to be off screen doing anything.

That is how netorare/NTR seems to be commonly seen as "Distress from having the protag's love interest or lover cheat with someone else. The act of cheating with someone else other than the protag and focusing on the emotional/thoughts of the protag from the act of their love interest or lover cheating." Again, the definition varies. But the main results of google will result in this sort of definition mentioned, nothing deeper than that.

So keep that in mind as we move forward with our removal of NTR/cheating elements in Messy Academy with possibly update 0.14 or update 0.15. We will let everyone know publicly which update fully removes said elements.
I kinda wish that you would of made it a optional setting at the beginning of the game so you could choose whether or not you wanted to have NTR content or not rather than removing it completely..... :(

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
it's a shame, but if most people are put off by it then that's fair enough, was kinda hoping seeing more of lolas route and the interaction with john was rather intriguing and added an interesting story element. maybe another character not involved with the player can pick up where she leaves off
I won't spoil what is in stored for Lola and how John will still be linked to Lola's personal story still, but just know that the NTR/cheating related part about it will be gone. I think this plan in mind to keep things interesting and unique, it should give a interesting spin for her route and a different view of John that players aren't aware of.

I kinda wish that you would of made it a optional setting at the beginning of the game so you could choose whether or not you wanted to have NTR content or not rather than removing it completely..... :(
Sadly with much long thought about it. The general idea with this overall was that with what little content is NTR/cheating related, in most cases. Those who do enjoy NTR or cheating aren't going to go through the hassle of a game if it's just a tiny fraction of content for them and of course this goes the other way, those who dislike NTR might be turned off from the game by simply knowing there is even a little bit of content in the game.

I feel like while making it optional at the start of the game would be fair, it really does feel like it's a all efforts on one side or nothing kind of aspect. Either we fully commit to NTR/cheating content and add more into the game to please those fans, or we fully remove the aspects altogether.

This wasn't an easy choice to make and clearly it's been something that we've struggled with in the many months in our past during 2020. I could be very wrong about how many fans out there really do like the NTR/cheating elements for MA, but we chose to base it off of our patreon supporters in a poll and feedback. Mainly because well, sadly if we left it open for the public it might skew the voting since there's vocal majority here and other areas outside of our patreon about NTR/cheating elements. It would've only added more votes on "We dislike NTR content" for the poll if it were public I feel like.

I'm open to any fans who actually do like the NTR/cheating content, like I said. It's just that it's been really quiet on the side of those who do like said content vs those who dislike it, making it hard to judge if there's really a lot of support in favor of NTR/cheating content vs those who don't support it.

Once again sorry if you do enjoy said content.

4.50 star(s) 6 Votes